This Feeling

Finding Her

A/N: Hey, a little heads up, I won't use the usual formalities like 'unnie', 'oppa', etc. But once in a while I would use 'daebak', 'saranghae', etc. Sorry, cause Korean is not my first language :( neither is English, so if there's any typos or grammar mistake, please understand :) Thank you


"Yaahh, do we have to do this?" Whined Zelo to the others as they stood in front of the school building. "I thought I was in the blacklist or something. How the heck did they manage to get me enrolled!?"

"Boss has his ways." The fearsome leader shrugged and stared at the building ahead.

"Hey, aren't we like supposed to be in college, not Senior High School?" Himchan said blankly. "And won't they know that we're older than them?"

"Zelo is as tall as us and he's a freshmen, we're going to be fine." Yongguk said assuringly even though no one was actually nervous. "So, what's her name and what does she look like?" Jongup asked as they started walking towards the door, getting curious and jealous looks from the other students.

"No idea." Yongguk replied, Himchan glared at him and started to open his mouth to begin his rant. "It's not my fault the intel was so bad! You can't go on field cause they have no idea where to start and who to ask." He cut him off quickly.

"So what now? We can't start searching for her if we don't have any info! We can't just wait till' HQ contacts us." Zelo exclaimed with his hands in the air.

They passed through the door and asked a student where the administration is and followed his directions. "Who sent the request anyway?" Jongup asked boredly.

"Only Boss knows - " Yongguk started but then was cut off by a loud yell from down the hall.

"Catch that girl!" Every student immediately backed towards the lockers that were lining against the walls, every student except for BAP of course. A girl wearing a greenish gray shorts and a light green tee with a black hoodie came sprinting towards their direction, looking behind her and not knowing what's in front of her.

"Oomph!" She bumped into Daehyun and fell first towards the cold floor. "Catch that thief!" The yelling was getting closer.

"Aish! Did you forget the drill or some...thing?" Looking up, she tilted her head in confusement. "Oh! You're the new guys! Nice bumping into you but I gotta run." She was on her feet and was ready to go when Daehyun grabbed her arms and held her there.

"You have to give what you stole back first." Himchan said, narrowing his eyes dangerously at her, but the mysterious girl wasn't afraid. She raised one of her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side.

"Look, I know it's confusing, but it's not what it seems. I have to - " She was cut off by a hand yanking her hoodie back, making her fall back and her light brown locks to tumble out.

"Got ya !" A heavy male voice said and threw her to the ground. "Thanks for catching her." He said to Daehyun who had a poker face this whole time. "Now my boys and I could finish her off." "Wait - " Yongguk stepped up but then a teacher came into the scene.

"What's going on?" She looked towards the girl on the floor and glared at the boy and his friends. "Dongyul, not this again." "But Ms. Kim - " "Don't make excuses, we all know the only reason why you're still in this school and not in jail is because of your father."

Her glare steeled, "And don't you even think of telling lies to the new kids. Detention, now!" They grumbled but Dongyuk just smirked and walked away, followed by his gang. The hallway soon returned to normal.

"I could've handled him alone." She brushed off her clothes and started walking towards Ms. Kim. "Not when he's with his friends, Minhee."

All through that, BAP just stood there, lost at sea.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Ms. Kim and this is Minhee. Um, sorry Minhee could you please tell them the rest, I have to go to a meeting." Minhee nodded her head and guided BAP towards the administration room, seeing no schedules on their hands.

"So, who were those guys?" Zelo asked, making her chuckle. "We call them Dongyul and the gang. You already know which one is Dongyul, the others I'm not even sure myself, they keep on coming in and out of the gang." She muttered.

"Dongyul's father is the principal, he's an old sweet man really, doesn't want his son to be in the blacklist, so he pleaded the teachers to keep it a secret. They could give him as much punishment as they want, as long as it is logical, for him to not be expelled. So far, he steals, cause a fight, destroys property, I won't even be surprised if he started ." She stopped there, a deadly look in her eyes.

"Not that I'm expecting him to do that, but he is such a ert." She continued to grumble as they turned to another hallway.

"So what did you mean by drill?" Jongup asked, remembering what she said. "Oh, students here know who they really are but never really tried to stop them by defending each other. So I take it upon myself to give an example, so now they know whenever he screams, it must be me and they get out of the way so that I can run away easily and one of them will call a teacher." She said casually. 

Daehyun's POV

I was interested in her story really, and I can tell the others were too. But I saw one fault in this and I'm sure Yongguk realized too as he furrowed his eyebrows.

She can't keep protecting them, they have to stand up for themselves.

"But then the students started to fight back." She whispered and a serene smile came up to her face, her eyes soft. "They don't need my help as much now."

My heart grew warm at her expression and I can't help the small upward turn at the corner of my lips. She's selfless, brave, responsible. Then it clenched painfully, she's so much like Youngjae. And my face went back to how it's supposed to be. Blank.

We arrived at the administration and got our schedules and late slips, since the bell already rang a few minutes ago.

"Hey, what's your name?" Minhee asked, suddenly realized that she didn't know our names.

Yongguk introduced us one by one, each of us shaking her hand. When he got to me, I just stared at her brown eyes and she stared back. There was no sign of dislike in them, and I know she won't back down.

I could feel heat rushing towards my ears as my eyes wandered to every part of her face.

Someone coughed and we looked away. I could feel Zelo nudging my side and I glared at him.

Zelo was in the first year, Jongup and I was in the second and in the same class, while Yongguk and Himchan was at the third year but not at the same class. The BangHim couple said their dramatic goodbyes and we all went our seperate ways, Minhee telling them directions and went with Jongup and me.

"So, Dongyul is?" Jongup asked as we walked towards our class. "A jerk." She replied, smirking. And I smirked at that one too. "Okay fine, a senior." Good, there's no jackass to disturb Min - I meant me. Not Minhee.

I wondered if we're in the same class though. If not then what happens if another guy touches her - damn it, here we go again.

"So, are you the same class as us?" I blurted out before I could think it through. Jongup stared at me wide eyed and mouth gaping open, just like a fish. But I played it off as mild curiosity.

"Yeah, why else would I go with you guys?" She laughed. There's that warm feeling again, but now it felt like a fire burning inside. I don't know if that's from embarassment or what.

We arrived and joined the class. Chemistry.

Sometimes I caught myself staring at her from the corner of my eyes and focused back towards the teacher. But my damn heart would always speed up whenever the teacher called her name, and I would hold myself back from being too eager to turn my head around and have a perfectly good reason to admire - I meant look. Look. At her. Yes. That's the word.

Lunch came fast and we went towards the canteen, following the stream of students. We met the guys again and bought our lunch together. After that, she seperated from us saying she has something to do.

We found a table and sat on it, eating and talking about the lessons and what happened in it. But my eyes followed Minhee as she approached a table and handed a purple and white wallet back to a girl. They said some things, exchanged smiles and she went and sat at another table with the girls in our class, quickly joining in on the conversation over there.

"Hey, this is our table." The canteen became eerily quiet and I turned to look at the douchbag and his friends. At the corner of my eye I could already see Minhee starting to stand up, panic and worry written all over her pretty face......okay Jung Daehyun, it's official, you finally lost it.

"I don't see a name on it." Yongguk said coolly. Dongyul shoved his food towards the floor and grabbed his collar. "You wanna challenge me?"

"Yongguk, we can't fight a little girl." Jongup sighed. "What did you say!?" "Dongyul." We all turned and saw Minhee approaching them. "Let him go." He smirked and let go, but then his buddies charged at her.

All of us started to stand up but Minhee shocked all of us. She blocked the punches and kicks easily and threw one of her own, making them stumble back. But I know she wouldn't last long. She was outnumbered.

A guy grabbed her from behind and Dongyul made a move to punch her. He punched tiwce, on her cheek and stomach. Rage started to build in me, and my fists clenched. He started to throw fast punches, her struggling against the tight hold, coughing and wheezing. I couldn't take it anymore.

I made a move before anyone else, standing up and going towards him. I punched him hard before he made another move, smirking at the cracking noise I heard and kicked his stomach making him fall back.

I turned around and glared at the guy who was holding her. He pushed her towards me and I caught her with ease, wrapping one arm around her I asked, "You okay?" My voice more soft than I ever heard it. She nodded against my chest, clutching her stomach and wincing a bit.

"You'll pay for that." I looked at the bastard lying on the ground. "What, pay for your y face?" I smirked at his broken nose that he's covering.

"What happened?" A teacher came and a female student that was chatting with Minhee a while ago came rushing towards him. While she was telling the story and pointing to some of us, the teacher looked at me and then at Minhee, then me again.

"Very well." he nodded as she finished and told the douchbag and his friends to go and clean the boys toilets from the first to the seventh floor for one month. "Alright, good job. But try to avoid fights." He told me then walked away.

Like hell I won't go into a fight to protect her. "Minhee! Come on! Let's get you to the clinic!" The girl walked to us and took Minhee by the hand. The bell rang and Minhee said, "No Sunhwa, we have tests this period. I'll go alone."

With a few more arguments she reluctantly lets go and went to class with the others, glancing back with her friends and sending worried looks. "Shouldn't you guys get to your classes?" She asked us, who were still at the same spot. "We don't know the way." Himchan sheepishly replied. "And we won't leave you alone!" Zelo stubbornly said while the others nodded in agreement.

Again, a few arguments were thrown until they finally complied and told their next subject. Key word: They.

After getting directions again, I walked with them then said to Jongup, "Hey, I gotta go to the toilet." Jongup grinned at me with a gleam in his eyes, "But you don't know where's the toilet." Then laughed and told me to go get her.

I smiled gratefully at him and ran towards the direction where she's going. I found her not very far from the canteen, leaning on the wall, her eyes shut tight and hands cluching her stomach.

Your POV

My whole body aches, especially on my stomach. I could feel a throbbing bruise starting on my left cheek as I groaned.

Suddenly, I was lifted in the air and I opened my tightly closed eyes to see the worry ones of Daehyun's. "Shouldn't you be in class?" "Not when you're hurt." His voice showed that he's not going anywhere and his hold on me tightened.

I sighed and told him where the clinic is, "Could you at least put me down?" "Nahh, I get to see you better." He smirked and I could feel my ears and cheeks burning up. So I buried my face into his chest to hide my embarassment, muttering "Whatever."

He laughed and I could feel his heartbeat soothing me to sleep. I was really tired.

"Hey," He hummed in response, "Thanks." I whispered before dozing off.

Daehyun's POV

I smiled at the girl I held in my arms. It's been a while since I smiled like this. Reminds me to the happy days when Youngjae is still around.

My hold tightened on her and she groaned in her sleep, so I loosened it a bit. I looked at her sleeping face and remembered how much she has in common with Youngjae. I know I'm starting to have special feelings for this girl, but I don't know if I should push it away or just leave it be?

When we find the daughter, we have to leave, I don't know if I could stand not being near her all the time. Not knowing if that douchbag was hurting her. I couldn't stand the thought. I'll go mad.

But, I can't push it away either. I liked her too much already to let her go.

"As long as I'm around, I'll protect you, Minhee. This time, I won't fail." I whispered to her ear as I brushed my nose across her forehead, pressing a gentle kiss on her unbruised cheek.

And even when this mission is done and over with, I'll still protect you. I refuse to let you disappear, Minhee.

Hm, I wonder what you'll think when I say that to you.

I wonder if you'll think I'm selfish or I'm just a stalker.

Can't blame me though.

I just can't get enough of you.