Drama Involving Mothers part I

Seducing Choi Jonghun

Another chapter! Yahoo :3

Keep reading guys :D And thank you again!~

Oh, and comments! I need comments :3


 

"Wow," Jaejin whistled, looking at the postcard in Jonghun's hand. "Your mother is coming home?"

Beside him Jonghun's eyebrows twitched irritatedly while his eyes scan the letter once more. "I'll be damned."

The letter, which is written in a parchment paper says: "Jonghun, I'm coming home tomorrow. Be sure to meet me at the airport."

It has almost been three years since Jonghun last saw his mother. Apparently, the corporate branches outside Korea has been in a rather difficult situation that his mother was forced to leave her teenage son and daughter and head to US. For three years however, there were no contacts from his mother, no emails, no letters, postcards, nothing. Although Sooyoung has regarded this as common because their mother was busy, Jonghun took it hard and for three years, he had hated his mother.

"How can she do this?" Jonghun muttered. "I'm starting to wonder how thick-skinned this woman must be."

"Calm down, she's still your mother," Jaejin said although he also bears some hard feelings on his best friend's mother. He saw how Jonghun was devastated when his mother left.

Sighing, Jonghun's hand reached for his milkshake and sipped a little, hoping to calm his nerves. "I can't believe she asked me to meet her at the airport, that woman."

"Hmm, what a very formal letter though it's addressed to his son."

Jaejin and Jonghun choked on their drink when they heard the over-familiar suddenly-appearing-voice.

"Lee Hongki!" Jaejin shouted at Hongki who is reading the letter while calmly sitting on the table beside theirs. "I almost died from choking!"

Hongki dropped the letter in front of Jonghun and smiled at Jaejin. "Don't worry, Jaejin-ah, I know Heimlich maneuver."

"This person--!"

"Enough you two," Jonghun finally spoke. "I've had enough of noises from last week."

Hongki leaned close to Jonghun. "Nee, Hunnie, since we got back together the rumors stopped eh?"

"What do you mean 'got back together' you punk?" Jonghun blurted out, widening his eyes intentionally at Hongki.

"Heh? But you said, "It's better if you stick with m--"

Jonghun put his hand on Hongki's mouth to shut the boy up. But Hongki naughtily ran his tongue over Jonghun's palm causing the latter's face to redden.

"T-the hell are you doing?!" Jonghun exclaimed, removing his hand from Hongki's lips while Jaejin gaped at the two.

Hongki grinned cattily. "Guess we can see the developments now, huh?"

Jonghun stared disbelievingly at Hongki, still a little flushed. "This guy...!"

Clearing his throat, Jaejin asked, "Hyung, are you going to meet your mom then?"

"Of course not!" Jonghun replied vehemently before storming out the cafe.

Hongki clicked his tongue. "Tsk, Jaejin-ah, you made Hunnie mad."

Jaejin rolled his eyes before sipping from his milkshake.

 


"That'll be 2,000 won sir," the cashier said politely while putting the ramen inside a plastic bag.

Hongki smiled and fished for his wallet inside his back pocket but blinked when he realized he left it at his other jeans.

"Aish," he murmured before turning to the cashier. He was about to speak when someone gave 2,000 won to the girl.

"Thank you for the purchase sir," the girl said.

Hongki turned to the guy beside him and smirked when he saw Jonghun. "Good evening, Hunnie."

Jonghun looked down at Hongki's hand which holds the plastic and clicked his tongue. "That's your dinner?"

"Uh-huh."

"That's your dinner?" Jonghun repeated eyeing the ramen with wider eyes.

"Uh-huh," Hongki replied before grinning. "Concerned?"

Jonghun cleared his throat. "Of course not, idiot! I was, well, I'm worried about your sister because she's so small and yet you feed her with a cup of ramen."

"Don't worry, she already ate from my aunt's house. She frequents there so they give her meals."

"Aunt? Where's your parents? Ah..." Jonghun trailed off when he remembered that Hongki's parents were musicians and are constantly outside the country to perform.

Hongki smiled. "Guess you figured out, eh?"

Jonghun stared at Hongki for a moment. Honestly, he never did this before. Most of the time he would run away when he spots this guy and never actually interact whenever Hongki randomly appears. Now that he is standing before him, he discovered that this guy is a little shorter than him and has a lighter figure than him. Hongki also has longer lashes than most people he knows and that his skin is almost white. His nose is cute, not big and imposing as his but not too small either. His lips are pinkish and little chapped due to the cold weather but their shape is also cute, Jonghun thought. His face also is different-- not angular like many guys but softly lined.

"Jonghun?"

Ignoring Hongki, Jonghun thought back to his mother. His mother had left three years ago and he had sulked. But from what he had heard, Hongki's parents were already travelling outside Korea since he was five. And yet, Jonghun thought, he has never really seen this guy sad or lonely.

Hongki, impatiently waved his hand in front of him and called his name repeatedly. Jonghun cleared his thoughts and caught Hongki's hand just about before he made another wave.

"Let's go," Jonghun said before dragging Hongki with him.

"Eh...?"

Jonghun continued walking without paying attention to Hongki.

"Hunnie, this is really romantic but I think we're too young to elope," Hongki said.

"We're just eating, idiot."

"Ah... so it's only a date, eh?"

Rolling his eyes, Jonghun smiled to himself. "There's no helping you," he murmured.

"Huh?"


 

"Wow, real food," Hongki said happily before digging in on his favorite dish, samgyetang.

Jonghun did the same and after a while they were both done.

"Aah! It's so delicious." Hongki massaged his belly and smiled satisfyingly.

"Let's go," Jonghun said, standing from his seat.

"Can't we rest a little?"

"No, we can't or I'll make you pay."

"Heh~"

The wind outside the small restaurant was cold as they walk and the streets were silent now as it is late already.

"Why are you so nice today? I'm beginning to be suspicious," Hongki said jokingly.

"Do you... miss your parents?"

Hongki paused in his tracks at the sudden question but smiled and walked again. "Well, I'd be lying if I say I don't."

"Do they contact you?"

"Nah, just sending us some random stuff," Hongki replied. "But, in a way that's communication, right?"

"Huh..."

"You know... parents... they're really weird," Hongki stated matter-of-factly. "They care about you for a second and then ignore you. But you see, when they ignore you, that also means they love you. They work hard and get busy for us in those moments they're not beside us. So... when your mom didn't contact you, she must have her reasons. Maybe they're weird reasons but people are weird anyway."

Jonghun chuckled. "I didn't know you can say serious things."

Pouting, Hongki murmured, "I'm serious whenever I say 'I love you' you know."

"Err... anyway, I guess I have to wake up early tomorrow huh?"

Hongki grinned. "The one thing you hate doing."

"Actually it's running away from you that I hate doing," Jonghun retorted.

But Hongki's grin widened. "So stop running away, idiot."

Jonghun flushed. "You interpreted it the wrong way. You should stop running after me."

"Nah, life's boring when I'm not bothering you."

"You...!"

"One day you're really gonna fall in love with me, trust me, I've read many stories like ours and they end up happy." Hongki grinned. "So stop resisting and just fall, I'll catch you anyway."

Jonghun gaped at Hongki and shook his head. "You're really something."

"I know right?"

 


"I'm so excited to see mother!" Sooyoung exclaimed gleefully while holding a white board with their mother's name on it as they wait in the arrival area.

"Stop being so enthusiastic," Jonghun murmured.

"Aww, come on, be happy," his sister's eyes widened. "Here they come!"

"Argh, you sound like you're in a war."

"Jonghun?"

It's as if the crowded and noisy arrival area suddenly hushed and gave way to this voice. Jonghun looked up and stared at his mother's face.

"I'm home."

"Huh..."

Beside him, Sooyoung elbowed his arm. "Aww. Ah... welcome home."

Their mother's face, although it remained formal, brightened as she ruffles her son's hair before turning to an unfamiliar face beside Jonghun.

"I'm sorry, but you are...?"

Sooyoung was the one who answered. "This is Lee Hongki, mom! He's oppa's boyfriend!"

"Eh?!"

Hongki bit his lower lip and thought, Jonghun's killing someone later huh?