The Pest Called Lee Hongki

Seducing Choi Jonghun

 

Jonghun stop on his tracks and leaned against the walls of the corridor of their school's main building. He breathed in and out before peeping through the intersection of the halls, eyeing for a specific person. When he's sure enough that that person's not around, he stood straight and continued walking cautiously.

 

"Jonghun!"

 

Eyes widening, Jonghun whirled around only to find Hongki standing behind him, grinning.

 

Hongki narrowed his eyes on Jonghun. "Ya, Hunnie, why are you hiding behind the wall?"

 

"Oy, Lee Hongki, stop stalking me, okay?"

 

Hongki's brows furrowed. "Stalking you? I'm not stalking you," he said. "It's called following."

 

"Well, it's the same thing, damn it!" Jonghun said, annoyed.

 

"It's not the same thing," Hongki insisted before looking around. He looked at Jonghun curiously afterwards. "Hunnie--"

 

"Don't call me that!" Jonghun swatted.

 

Ignoring Jonghun, Hongki continued, "Who are you hiding from?" he asked in a whisper.

 

Jonghun rolled his eyes. "Of course I'm running away from you," he bit out.

 

"Liar," Hongki replied. "You're hiding from your PE teacher aren't you?"

 

"Shush!" Jonghun scolded. "Don't make a noise!"

 

"Jonghun! Choi Jonghun!"

 

Hongki peeked from their hiding place and saw Miss Jin looking around for Jonghun, obviously.

 

"Oy, Jonghun," Hongki called. "Stop skipping your PE class, idiot or Miss Jin will fail you, or worse, she'll kill you."

 

"Why do I even have to learn how to ing run across the field? Am I going to be some messenger?"

 

"Are you saying their job is worthless?" Hongki asked, gritting his teeth before pinching Jonghun's ear. "Come on you snob."

 

Jonghun swatted Hongki's hand. "What do you think you're doing?"

 

"I guess that's your favorite line, isn't it?" Hongki asked, his tone reprimanding. "If Moses won't come to the mountain, the mountain should come to him," he recited, grabbing Jonghun’s arm.

 

"And what's that supposed to me-- hey!"

 

Hongki looked around and saw Jonghun’s PE teacher. "Miss Ji--"

 

Jonghun, although non-athletic, is fast enough to get a hold of Hongki and drag him to the corner. "Idiot!" He seethed. "Why are you such a nuisance?"

 

"Because I love you and therefore I should make sure you get on the right track," Hongki replied nonchalantly.

 

Jonghun made a face. "Please stop that," he scolded Hongki.

 

"Choi Jonghun!"

 

The two turned to look at Jin Ah Ri, Jonghun's PE teacher, who apparently has seen them. She looked at Hongki before turning to Jonghun. "Mister Choi, I know you hate PE classes but may I remind you that it is required for you to finish high school!"

 

"Why?" Jonghun demanded irritably.

 

"You're asking me why?" Miss Jin asked in disbelief. "Choi Jonghun, detention later," she announced before dragging Jonghun's arm.

 

Hongki bit his lip, trying very hard not to laugh at Jonghun's face.

 

*

 

"Damn that Lee Hongki!" Jonghun yelled once he got inside his bedroom at their large house. He threw his backpack at the farthest corner of the room angrily before launching himself to the bed.

 

"Oppa, why are you so mad?"

 

Jonghun gave a squeal and whirled around and was surprised to see someone sitting on the couch at the corner. "Sooyoung!" he exclaimed.

 

Choi Sooyoung went to sit beside Jonghun and looked at her brother curiously. "Ya, oppa, why are you so mad at Hongki-ya?"

 

"Oy, Choi Sooyoung," Jonghun growled. "Why are you always in my bedroom?" he questioned.

 

"I asked you a question," Sooyoung reminded.

 

Sighing, Jonghun told his younger sister about what happened during his PE class.

 

"You skipped PE?"

 

"Uh-huh," Jonghun replied, lying flat on his bed.

 

"And you're blaming Hongki-ya for being in detention when it is you who skipped your class?!" Sooyoung yelled. "Ya, Oppa! Why are you always so mean to Hongki-oppa!"

 

Jonghun shielded himself from his sister's beating telling her to stoo all the while. "Sooyoung, sto--"

 

"You. Are. So. Mean. Oppa." Sooyoung accused, narrowing her eyes.

 

"Will you stop taking Lee Hongki's side?!"

 

"But--"

 

"Hey, Sooyoung, you're a girl and you should be happy I don't like to be involved with men!"

 

"Oppa!"

 

Jonghun pulled away from his sister’s grip. "Stop reading boys' love manga will you?! It’s so damn weird!”

 

“Why is it weird? I once saw you watching with two women making out!” Sooyoung yelled.

 

“Hey! How’s that related to boys’ love manga?”

 

“Idiot!” Pouting, Sooyoung grabbed the rim of paper on top of Jonghun's bedside table and threw it at her brother, sheets of paper flying all over the room, before finally making her dramatic exit.

 

Jonghun sighed and glared at the mess his sister made. "Aish, Lee Hongki, even at home you're a pest!"

 

Putting back the paper back to its place, Jonghun silently cursed the day he met Lee Hongki.

 

"Hyung, which high school are you going to enter?" Lee Jaejin, second year middle school student, asked while the two of them are walking peacefully along the deserted road going to their homes. Although escaping from their drivers aren’t all that easy.

 

"I haven't decided yet," Jonghun replied. "You?"

 

"On Yu of course," Jaejin answered, grinning at Jonghun whose family owns the said private high school. "Aren't you going to On Yu?"

 

"My family owns it, where's the fun in that?" Jonghun asked bitterly.

 

Jaejin sighed. "But On Yu is one of the best, hyung."

 

"I don't ca--"

 

"Oy you two! Help me!"

 

Both Jaejin and Jonghun whirled around to look for the source of the voice and saw that it came from a middle school student who is being cornered by a high school guy.

 

Jonghun started to walk towards the commotion when Jaejin pulled him back. "Hyung," Jaejin whispered. "Let's not get involved. It’s not like you can handle that guy anyway.’

 

Glaring at Jaejin, Jonghun walked towards the two guys and tapped the high school’s shoulder. “Hey, you,” he taunted, “pick someone your own size.”

 

The high school guy, taller than Jonghun, grabbed him on the collar and aimed his fist at him. “Middle school students shouldn’t be involved with something like this,” the taller guy muttered.

 

Jonghun glanced at the boy being cornered and then at the guy holding his collar. “But he is a middle school student too.” He looked at the taller guy’s uniform. “And I believe your school is owned by our family.”

 

The high school boy let go of Jonghun’s collar. “You have some guts, huh?” The stranger looked down at Jonghun. “Guess today’s your lucky day little boy.”

 

The guy then walked away from them. Jaejin ran towards his hyung. “Jonghun-ah, are you hurt?”

 

Ignoring Jaejin, Jonghun turned to the guy behind him, the middle school student being cornered earlier. "You okay?” he asked.

 

The boy nodded, looking wide-eyed at Jonghun. “Uh-huh.”

 

Jonghun blinked before walking away too when the guy called him. “What’s your name?”

 

“Choi Jonghun,” Jonghun replied, not bothering to look back.

 

“I’m Lee Hongki!” the boy shouted. “Nice to meet you!”

 

And then the next year, on the first year of high school… Jonghun dedicated his time at school either avoiding Lee Hongki or running away from Lee Hongki.

 

Brat!

 

*

 

“So you’ll enter Yonsei?” Jonghun asked uninterestedly while they were sitting inside the café in front of their school.

 

Jaejin grinned. “Of course! My mother would want me to be a part of SKY,” he explained.

 

Jonghun just stared at Jaejin. There’s no doubt Jaejin could enter SKY: Seoul National, Korea, and Yonsei University—the three top universities in Korea, he had always been smart.

 

“How about you hyung?” Jaejin inquired, sipping his latte.

 

Rolling his eyes, Jonghun took a sip of his caramel macchiato. “You do realize we’re only second year high school, right?”

 

“As usual, Jonghun, you don’t bother about education.”

 

Both Jaejin and Jonghun choked on their drink when they noticed Hongki sitting on the table beside them. The boy stood up and sat beside Jonghun.

 

“Choi Jonghun,” Hongki began, “you belong to the top 1% of this society and yet you also belong to the 1% of the students who doesn’t want to study.”

 

Finally managing to recover, Jonghun glared at Hongki. “What do you care?” he bit out.

 

Jaejin spoke too. “Lee Hongki, don’t just appear out of thin air!”

 

Hongki blinked. “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he replied.

 

Sighing, Jaejin pointed his drink to Hongki. “And where are you going to enroll in college? Or would you even pass the exams?” he jeered.

 

“Of course, I would!” Hongki exclaimed. “Don’t be so cocky Lee Jaejin,” he reprimanded. “You should be more worried for Jonghun’s future than mine.” Hongki grinned at Jonghun. “Right, Hunnie?”

 

“Hunnie?” Jaejin asked.

 

“My pet name for Jonghunnie,” Hongki replied matter-of-factly.

 

“Pet name?”

 

“Oy, Lee Jaejin, are you some kind of parrot? Stop repeating everything I’m saying,” Hongki mocked.

 

Jonghun interrupted the two’s banter. “Anyway, Lee Hongki, why are you here?”

 

Hongki pursed his lips. “You own this place too?”

 

“No, idiot. Are you stalking me again?” Jonghun asked.

 

“Nah, I have no energy for that,” Hongki answered, yawning.

 

Muttering to himself, Jonghun stood and looked at Jaejin. “If you’re done Jaejin, let’s go.”

 

Jaejin rose to his feet and went to follow Jonghun.

 

“Oy, Choi Jonghun,” Hongki called.

 

Jonghun turned to throw a sharp stare at Hongki. “What?”

 

“Someday,” Hongki started, “you’re going to fall in love with me but the moment you realize that, I’ll make sure you have to fall in line first before reaching me,” he stated confidently.

 

Jonghun snorted. “Not gonna happen.”

 

Hongki smirked. “We’ll see.”

 

*

 

Hello! I know, I know, that was so short but tell me what you think okay? Remember, comments keep a writer alive! :D