A Challenge?! and A Date?!

The Playboy and the Snob

 

 

“Good morning Second Lieutenant Choi!” Hyoyeon greeted Sooyoung.

“Waaaahh Hyoyeon! Errr First Lieutenant Kim!” she salutes and then hugged her. “long time no see!” she smiled.

“Yeah, the additional six months training was pretty hard.”

“That is why I don’t want to train more, but at least you earned a rank.”

“Uh-huh, it was definitely an accomplishment.”

“I’m glad you are deployed here.”

“Well, Gen. Lee personally picked me to be a part of his troupe.” She proudly said.

“I guess he want you to be his daughter –in-law. I heard he has an only son, a handsome one.” Sooyoung smiled widely.

“Really?” Hyo’s left eyebrow raised. “I don’t think he’s handsome.” She shrugged her shoulders.

“Eh? Did you see him in person?”

Before Hyoyeon could speak Kangin butted in, “That playboy is not handsome at all. This is handsome.” While flexing his biceps.

“Yeah right macho man, you didn’t even pass Hyo’s standard.” Sooyoung sound irritated.

“You won’t find anyone like.” Kangin looked at Hyoyeon and winked.

Sooyoung palmed Kangin’s face away from Hyoyeon. “How many times Hyoyeon turned you down?” smirking.

Kangin scratched his head. “Hey! I’m still your senior, respect me!”

“Yes sir!” then she saluted him.

Hyoyeon chuckled. “Hmmmmm, if I know you two are like each other.”

“That big muscle man? Burrr….” Sooyoung acting she’s having goosebumps.

“No way! I’d rather be turned down a hundred times more Hyoyeon!” He crossed his arms glaring at Sooyoung.
Hyoyeon laughed at them.

General Lee arrived.

All of the employees stood up and greeted with a salute.
“Good morning 1st Lt. Kim, how do you feel you’re a part of my team?” Gen. Lee asked Hyoyeon.

Hyo smiled. “It is a great honour to be with this team, I’m very grateful you picked me sir.”

“Of course! I only hand pick the best ones.”

“I’m glad you think of me that way sir.”

Gen. Lee nodded. “Later, we have a briefing about our next mission. See you all in 20 minutes at the conference room.” He said to all his people.

“Yes sir!” they  all said in unison.

 

Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Kangin and the others entered the conference room
“A pleasant morning to you all! As you can see we have a new member fresh from the camp. Let me introduce to you all 1st Lt. Kim Hyoyeon.
“Welcome 1st Lt. Kim!”

“Finally we have a muse now!”

All of them clapping and smiling.
Then the door opened, Heechul entered.

“How sweet of you to come by 2nd Lt. Kim Heechul.” Gen. Lee sarcastically said.

“Good morning Gen. Lee!” he saluted. “I’m so sorry everyone I’ll make sure it won’t happen again.”

“It’s okay, meet my prodigy 1st Lt. Kim Hyoyeon. I believe you know her, you’re batch mates right?”  Gen. Lee all smiles.

“Yes, sir. Heechul here treated me well at the camp. Isn’t it right?” Hyo seriously stared at him.

“Ah-ah yes of course!” then he turned away rolled his eyes and looked for a vacant seat. ‘I can’t believe she’s here! I’m sure she’s going to be a diva and take away my crown again.’ Heechul thought.

“ Let’s start!”

 

In three weeks time they’ll be going to the mountains to arrest the rebels that has been terrorizing and killing innocent people at the small town down south.

“1st Lt. Kim could you train them in firearms, I read your profile firearms and physical combat were your specialty.”

Hyoyeon looked at Gen. Lee before she answered. “No problem Genereal, I’ll train them ASAP.”

“Okay, that’s it! Meeting adjourn ed. Go back to your respective places.” General said to everyone.

Everyone stood up and saluted the General before going out the conference room.

 

Suddenly a cool guy with sunglasses appeared.
All of them looked at the guy with different expressions. The ladies smiling flirtishly and the guys were intimidated by his presence except for Kangin and Heechul.

Eunhyuk turns his head from left to right searching for something. When he found what he’s looking for he smirked.

‘There you are!’ Then he walked to the table where Hyoyeon is sitting  facing her back at him and is busy for something.

“Well if it isn’t 1st Lt. Kim Hyoyeon.” Took off his sunglasses and smiled that worth a million dollars.

Hyo looked up with furrowed forehead. After she recognized him from last night she scoffed. She rotates her swivel chair where Eunhyuk is “Well, well, well if it isn’t Mr. y..came here to tell your dad I whooped your ?”

EUnhyuk blushed because some of the girls were giggling. “You--!” before his reach up to the limit he calmed and composed himself. “Ha! you wish, I came here to fill your fantasy to date me.”

“You wish…” Hyo turned her back at him.

“I’m still talking to you!”

“Go away I’ busy or else I’ll tell Gen. Lee your bugging his troupe.” She said  without looking at him.

He closed his fist and gritted his teeth. ‘This girl is really getting on my nerves.’ He breathes out. “Fine you win I’ll come back at lunch time. Let’s talk about our date.”

She just gave him a “Finger ” sign.

 

Heechul was just listening to their conversation and thought an idea to get even with Hyoyeon.

He followed Eunhyuk outside.

“Hey Mr. Lee wait up!”

Eunhyuk looked behind him. “Huh? Do I know you?”

“2nd Lt. Kim Heechul.” Offered his hand and Eunhyuk took it. “I heard your conversation inside and I could offer you some help to get even with her.”

Eunhyuk looked at him with doubtful eyes.

“I—I just want to help you. I know what it feels like to be stomped by a girl.”

“You mean by Hyoyeon?”

“What? No! not by her!” He denied the truth.

“Really?”

“Yeah really. Do you want my help or not?”

“I think I may need your help. What is your plan?”

“Make her fall for you then break her heart.”

“Well that was originally my plan. Do you have something else?”

“That is the plan the question is how.”

“Okay, how?”

“I know Hyoyeon, she hates to lose. So we’ll challenge her.”

EUnhyuk nodded. “Uh-huh, I get that but be more specific.”

“Later at lunch time we’ll challenge her with a 100 meter sprint. If she lose the consequence is for her to date you and then we could go on with the rest of the plan.”

“Not bad 2nd Lt.” Eunhyuk rubbing his chin.

“Of course! Because I wanted to help you.” ‘I wanted to help myself also, I wanted to see her cry with heartache. That snob! She always get the attention. I always have that kind of attention before she came! Now I’m just a plain guy that no one appreciates.

 

Lunch time

“Hey Hyo! It’s lunch time let’s eat! I’m so starving! I think I could eat a whole chicken.” Sooyoung sure looks hungry, I think I saw her drool.

“Oh? You’ll eat the chicken alive? You don’t want a cooked one?” Hyoyeon joked.

Sooyoung lightly slaps Hyoyeon’s arm. “Of course not! Ewww!”

Hyo laughed. “Wait a bit longer.” As she cleans up her table.

“But you have a date though.” Sooyoung sighed. “ I think I’ll be eating along again.” Acting depressed.

“Huh? No I don’t. what are you saying?” looking confused.

“With Gen. Lee’s son.”

“And you seriously believed that Chimapanzee?”

“Well, I think he’s serious.”

“Well, I will not have lunch with that…..thing.”

Sooyoung lightened up. “Wooo! Thanks Hyo, you really are my friend!”

“I know! Ditto.”

 

Canteen/ Cafeteria

“What’re you going to eat?”

“Hmmm, I think I’m going to have pasta.”

“That’s all?”

“Yep, I’m not that hungry. Why?”

“I thought you were. Cause I am!”

“As always.” She smiled.

After they order, they sat on a vacant four seater table. Just as Hyoyeon opened to put the fork intertwined with pasta Heechul and the “chimpanzee” approached them. She put the fork down and rolled her eyes. “For the love of God…”

“Hey I said were going to have a date.”

“Yes I heard you but I didn’t agree did i?”

Eunhyuk mumbled and Heechul interrupted. “If you don’t want to date Mr. Lee let the challenge decide.”

“What kind?” Hyoyeon seemed challenged.

“100 meter sprint, if you lose you’ll date Mr. Lee.”

“And if I win?”

“Mr. Lee will leave you and your boring life.”

“Seems fair.”

“What!? Hyoyeon,  don’t be too foolish! These types of game are for kids.

“Relax Soo, I definitely going to win this.” Confidence overflowing.

“Let’s start!” Heechul led them outside.

 

Outside

Some of the soldiers having lunch steeped outside also to witness the challenge.

“You’ll be running from here to that grandstand then go back here.”

Eunhyuk glanced at the nodding Hyoyeon then smirked.

“On your mark!”

They both positioned.

“Get set!”

“Whose betting for Mr. Lee? Hand me $5!” Kangin announced. The crowd started buzzing.

“Me!” one female said.

“Me too! Coz he’s hot!”

Eunhyuk looked at the girl and winked.

All the girls squeal even Sooyoung. Hyo heard it and looked at Soo.

“Seriously?”

“He-he.” Sooyoung let out a fake laugh with peace sign.

“Hey were gonna start, pay attention.” Heechul commanded.

They both positioned again.

The two sprinted like lightning.

Hyoyeon passed by Eunhyuk by two meters so he noticed her hair tied in a bun loosened making her hair flow freely. He felt that they are running in slow motion. ‘Oh God! Why is this creature so beautiful?’ his heart whispered. ‘You better concentrate on what you’re aiming for!’ this brain yell. So he ran faster than before.

Hyoyeon saw him as he ran before her. ‘Oh no!’ she looked down on his and thigh area. ‘He ran so manly, I’m impressed.’ Her eyes grow bigger, surprise by the way she thinks. She scolded herself. ‘What are you thinking? Focus Hyo!’

They both reached the checkpoint and ran back to finish one more lap.

“Go! Hyoyeon! WOOOOO!” Sooyoung cheered.

“Oppa! You can do this!” girls screamed.

‘Ahhh I’m already tired I feel that my legs will cramp.’ He slowed down a bit, Hyo is now leading. ‘It’s time!’

“Argghhh! Help!” Eunhyuk fell to the ground clutching his stomach as if he’s in pain.

Hyoyeon looked back while running and slowed down to see if her competitor just screamed.

She saw Eunhyuk lying on the ground and looks like in a terrible pain.

Hyoyeon immediately attend to him, kneeling. “What happened?” concern enveloped her voice. Making him face her, when he did Eunhyuk holds on Hyoyeon’s arms and smiled. “Gotcha!” he lightly pushed her to the ground. And ran faster than he could.

Hyoyeon was left dumbfounded. After a few seconds she realized that he was just acting she gets up and run even thought she knew she was going to lose.

The chimpanzee reached the finish line. The crowd cheered louder.

Breathing heavily while fanning himself a smile formed from his lips as he turned to Hyoyeon’s-felt-cheated-face. ‘Well she actually been cheated.’

“I won?” he beamed a smile.

“You cheated.” Her eyes were burning out of anger.

“Mr. Lee won!” Heechul lifted Eunhyuk’s left arm.

“Hey! That’s not fair! He cheated! You all witnessed what just happened there.” Hyoyeon opposed.

“Firstly you didn’t set limits, the do’s and don’ts.” Eunhyuk explained.

“Hah! If knew you’d cheat i’d list down all of the don’ts!” Hyoyeon continued to whine.

“Fine! Let the crowd decide.” He faced the soldiers. “Did I just won?” he asked.

“YEAH! You are the winner!”

“You won!”

Hyoyeon’s expression was disbelief and annoyance.

Eunhyuk turned to Hyoyeon again. “Well? The crowd has decided. You’ll have a date with me.” Points to himself with a smile of success.

Hyoyeon shook her head and walks off. Sooyoung followed her.

“Lee Eunhyuk! Lee Eunhyuk!” the crowd cheered.

 

 

Afternoon

“So, you’re going to have a date with him?” Sooyoung asked bluntly.

Hyo sighed. “UGH! I wished I didn’t agree to the challenge!”

“Told ya, but it’s not that bad. A date is just a date; you don’t have to marry him.”

“I didn’t date since a guy broke my heart into pieces.” Hyo told her the truth.

“So you’re a man hater? And when exactly that happened?”

“Uhhh..I don’t know! I just don’t like the feeling of interacting with men! It was 9 years ago.”

“You still have that grudge? Ow come on Hyoyeon you’re better than that!”

Hyo face palmed herself. “I might as well do this date as quickly as possible.”

“Yeah you better do that.” Hyo didn’t see Sooyoung’s sweet smile.

 

At the car park

Hyoyeon inserts the car key into the key hole when someone spoke.

“Are you forgetting something?”

She looked to the sky ‘Kill me now.’ Before she turned to Eunhyuk.

“What now?” tiredness was in her voice.

“I just want to remind you we have a date.”

“Yeah, yeah. But I’m going to pick up my dad from his office.”

“Okay, I’ll pick you up at 7.”

“No need, I’ll meet you there. Wait where?”

Eunhyuk said the place. “Drive safe.”

Hyoyeon didn’t respond, she entered her car instead. Started the engine and drove away.

 

 

Kim's Household

“Where are you going Hyoyeon?” Her dad asked when he saw her wearing a pink formal dress.

“Just going out with a friend.” She said while put her earrings on.

“A guy or a girl?”

She sighed. “A guy…”

“Ow is it a date sweetheart?” her mom asked excitedly.

“No! of course not! It’s just that he won…nevermind.”

“I will not ask anymore but I’m glad you are going on a date. Dad, our Hyoyeon is finally a lady.” Her mom tearing up.

“Mom, I am a lady. It’s just that I don’t date.”

“Just go home safe and enjoy even a little.” Her dad said. “I will not worry if he get his hands on you, cause I’m sure you can handle it.” Her dad smiled.

Hyoyeon smiled back. “You bet!” she turns around. “How do I look?”

“Marvellous!”

“Gorgeous! You’re too pretty darling.” Her mom said.

“Gotta go now.” She then kissed her father and mothers’ cheeks. “Bye! Don’t wait up, I have my keys.”

 

At the place

Eunhyuk was 30 minutes early. Looking at his Tag Heuer watch. ‘Am I too early? I don’t want him to wait for me.’ He fiddling his fingers.

‘Am I nervous or what? This isn’t your first date idiot! Stop acting like a kid!’ He deeply exhales.

‘But this girl is different. How different? I don’t know. I just wanted this date to be special even if it is the first and the last.’ He felt disappointment.

These were the things that has running through his mind.

 

 

A moment later

Hyoyeon entered the Hotel’s Restaurant.

Searching for her “date”. She then saw Eunhyuk through the glass door sitting by the classic window looking nervous. She smiled, ‘Maybe he’s scared that I will not come.’ She stood there studying Eunhyuk. ‘He’s wearing a tux, not bad.’ Smiling.

‘I think I should go inside.’

“Good evening Miss table for one?” The usher said.

“No I’m with someone.” Pointing at Eunhyuk.

“Oh, you’re with Mr. Lee. This way madam.” The usher led her to where Eunhyuk is.

He glanced at an old couple from his left, and smiled. ‘I think they were celebrating their anniversary.’ From his peripheral vision he saw a girl approaching. So he look her way, it was Hyoyeon wearing a beautiful pink dress.

Photobucket

‘She looked stunning! No, an angel. Perfect with soft curls covering her flawless back.’

He immediately stood up to her to her seat.

“Are you ready to order?”

EUnhyuk looked at Hyoyeon for a signal. Hyo just nodded. He looked at the usher.

“Yes, we are.”

“Waiter!” then he clapped to get the attention of one of the waiter. One guy immediately goes to them. And then they ordered their specialty, a full meal course.

After the two disappeared. They both fell into silence.

Eunhyuk steal a glance at his date who is looking outside the window.

‘Her profile is so perfect! I wish I could take a picture. For sure she won’t allow that.’

“Uhh..Hyoyeon..”

She looked at me.

“Are you mad?”

She sighed. “Surprisingly no.” while shaking her head.

“I’m glad.” He smiled looking relieved.

“But I’m not happy either.”

“I see…” he seemed sad.

“How can you blame me, when I don’t want anything to do with guys?”

“Why? Man hater or something.” He became curious.

“Could we just drop this?”

“Okay if you say so.”

The appetizer, soup, the main course arrived.

They eat silently.

“Hey aren’t you going to speak to me.” Eunhyuk can’t take the silence anymore.

“What should I say?” she looked at him.

“I don’t know, that I looked handsome?” he flashed a y smile.

Hyoyeon felt her cheeks warmed after she saw that smile. She wipes her lips lightly with the napkin before she answered. “You looked good, I didn’t know that chimpanzees can wear a tux?” she giggled.

“Yah! Me? A Chimpanzee? Nah-ah, all the girls swoon over for this guy.”

“I guess they are the female chimpanzees.” Continued to annoy him.

“Whatever, by the way you looked like an angel.” Then he coughed out of embarrassment.

Hyoyeon saw him staring at her. ‘Is he serious?’ she felt warm again but not just her cheeks but her whole face.

Eunhyuk saw him blush as she looked down. “But you’re a devil in disguise.”

She immediately looked at him. “What did you say? You--!” with an irritated voice.

“Hey chill, I was just joshing you. You definitely looked good.” He stared again and Hyoyeon tried to stare back at him but he is so good at it. He is like looking at her with admiration? No, it’s more of a like? 

‘He likes me?’ my heart started to beat fast; I immediately erased that from my mind. When I can’t take it anymore, she said “Let’s eat.”

They continued eating silently until they are finished.

Eunhyuk saw the old couple dancing on the floor. “Would you like to dance?”

“Huh?” Hyo startled. “No, it’s okay. I’m fine watching them.”

“Ow come on! This is our first and last date. Let’s do something memorable.” Reaching his hand to her.

A sharp brief pain was felt by Hyoyeon, ‘Am I disappointed that this is the first and last date? What is wrong with me???’ nevertheless I gave him my hand. We both stand up as he led me to the floor.

While clasping my right hand to his left we stood close, He slide his right arm on my waist that made me even closer to him feeling his warm breath on my cheek. I gulped, as my heart began to pump rapidly. As I move my trembling left arm onto his shoulder. ‘Oh God why did I let myself into.’ I silently prayed.

 

I smelled her sweet perfume while dancing this close, I don’t know if she noticed that I am hyperventilating. And my heart is going wild as time goes by ‘Why is she so perfect? I never felt this way before. I wonder why?’

 

They both swayed their body to the soft music.

Take my hand,

Take a breath

Pull me close and take one step

Keep your eyes locked on mine

And let the music be your guide


Won't you promise me?

We'll keep dancingWherever we go next


It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding Someone like you

 It's one in a million, the chances of feeling The way we do


And with every step together

We just keep on getting betterSo can I have this dance?

 Can I have this dance?

Take my hand, I'll take the leadAnd every turn will be safe with me

Don't be afraid, afraid to fallYou know I'll catch you through it all


And you can't keep us apart (Even a thousand miles can't keep us apart) 'Cause my heart is wherever you are

It's like catching lightning, the chances of findingSomeone like you

 It's one in a million, the chances of feeling The way we do


And with every step together

We just keep on getting betterSo can I have this dance?

 Can I have this dance


Oh, no mountain's too high and no ocean's too wide

'Cause together or not, our dance won't stopLet it rain, let it pour, what we have is worth fighting for

You know I believe

That we were meant to be
It's like catching lightning, the chances of finding Someone like you

 It's one in a million, the chances of feeling The way we do
And with every step together We just keep on getting better

 So can I have this dance?

 Can I have this dance?

 Can I have this dance?

 Can I have this dance?

 

 

"I wish I could find a girl that I could marry and be with be for 50 years, like them." Eunhyuk blurted out, sounding envious of the old couple.

"You should look for her now, don't waste your time on different girls."

“Ahmm Hyoyeon, can I ask about a personal question?”

“It depends. What is it about?” she looked at him.

“About your past lovelife. Why do you hate guys? Including me?”

“My leg hurts can we go outside?” she’s talking about the balcony of the hotel. As she walked first. Eunhyuk trailing her.

At the balcony

Soft wind blowing off Hyoyeon’s luscious hair that made her looked even more dazzling.  She looked up at the dark sky. Her eyes were twinkling like a star.

She breathes out heavily. “I don’t hate guys.” She said while looking up. “ it’s just that I don’t want  to get close to them.”

“Someone broke your heart huh?”

She looked at Eunhyuk and nodded.

“Why are you mad at me?”

“You forgot why?” she scoffed.

He suddenly realized. “Oh yeah, I get it. “ he smiled. “I’m sorry we started the wrong foot. I’m so sorry about what happened the other day, from touching you to the pointing of gun thing.” Hiding his face out of embarrassment while rubbing his nose.

She looked at him and grinned. ‘Aww isn’t that cute?’ “Do I have a choice?”

 “Honestly you don’t.”

And they both laughed.

“I felt like something tight on my chest disappeared.”

“So can we be friends? I mean don’t hate me coz I’m a guy.” Offering a handshake.

“I’ll try.” She smiled sweetly. “Friends.” She grasps his hand.

 

 

Outside the Hotel, car park area.

“Let’s get you home Cinderella.” While he pressed the automatic car key.

“You don’t have too. Uh, I brought my car.” She shyly turned down the offer.

“Huh? That’s disappointing I want to know where you live.”

“Hey we have just became friends.”

“Why? Friends know they’re addresses and celphone numbers!”

“You’re such a kid! Fine, here is my number.”

“Got it! Thanks!” he grinned like a kid.

“I got to get going.” She started to walk away going to her car.

“Wait! I’ll walk you to your car.”

“You are such a gentleman!” Hyo sarcastically said.

Eunhyuk stick his tongue out. That made her laugh.

When they reached her car.

Hyoyeon inserted the car key . “Thanks for tonight. See you when I see you Chimp!” She gave him a whole-hearted smile. Which gave him some butterflies. Then she rode her car and started the engine then drove away.

Eunhyuk just stood there waving at no one, her car Is gone. And he can’t erase the goofy smile plastered on his face. Then he realized there no one there, he immediately walked to his car.

“Oh no! I forgot Heechul and I have a plan.” ‘I was having I good time with her and I totally forgot about it. I should tell Hyoyeon the truth. I hope she won’t get mad, but knowing her. Aish! For now let me dream about this night.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First of all i'm so sorry for not updating for more or less 5 months....

And i'm sorry if this story is not as interesting as you think...I like to add up some action scenes but i don't know how.. *sad face*

Honestly i'm having a hard time what to write next..but I will finish this and try the best I could...

 

Thanks to all my subscribers who are always there to support and patiently waits for the next update..don't worry I'll try much harder to update as soon as possible..

Lately I have been watching Hyohyuk fancams on youtube that's why I deciced to write this chapter..BTW watch the videos of HyoyeonSubs2 in youtube..you won't regret it!

While typing this chapter I'm listening to Nell - Time spent walking through memories, again and again no any other song. I'm so in love with his voice..try to listen to it.. :)

Hmmm..what else....?  Oh and please, please, please don't leave me... :'(

Thank you so much guys! Love yah! God bless all of us.. :D