Final

Morning Surprise

Of all the things Yongguk expected to hear when he answered Himchan’s call, after missing about 26 of them, this was definitely not one of them.

 

"You found what in the toilet?" 

 

"Did I freaking stutter, Bang Yongguk?!" 

 

Yongguk moved the phone away from his ear at the screech, earning a few curious glances from the other people working at the recording studio. He still tried to process exactly what Himchan had screamed at him as soon as he picked up the phone, when he heard Himchan’s yells and decided to start talking again before the ulzzang popped a blood vessel.

 

"Are you sure you didn’t just take a shi-"

 

"WELL I’D BE MORE CONCERNED IF IT WAS. CRAP ISN’T SUPPOSED TO SQUEAK, ."

 

Yongguk heard another shriek followed by the sound of splashing water and a series of shrill squeaks, and felt his eyes go impossibly wide before bursting out laughing.

 

"STOP LAUGHING, THIS ISN’T FUNNY."

 

Yongguk wanted to retort “Of course it is" but couldn’t even breathe in between all the bouts of laughter. He knew the other tended to have a streak of bad luck, but this was definitely a whole new level. 

 

"H-how did it even-"

 

"LIKE HELL I KNOW, I JUST CAME IN TO TAKE A PISS AND I LOOKED DOWN AND IT WAS LOOKING BACK AT ME." 

 

"Did you pee on it??"

 

"IS THAT REALLY YOUR BIGGEST CONCERN RIGHT NOW."

 

Yongguk snorted, the mental image of an innocent little mouse staring back up at a very confused Himchan too much to bear. He tried to hold back more chuckles that attempted to escape his throat when he heard a very shaky "Help me" followed by a yelp and the sound of a toilet lid being slammed down. He regained some of his bearings as he attempted to help Himchan as much as he could through the phone.

 

"Just keep the lid down and put something on top of it so it won’t get out. And don’t flush, it might clog the toilet!"

 

Yongguk heard more muffled splashing and a broken "Oh my god…" and bit his lip, hating how panicked and scared Himchan sounded. 

 

"I’ll get back to dorm as fast as I can once we finish arranging the music for the new song. It’ll be a couple more hours, you think you can handle that, Channie?" 

 

Yongguk felt more pity at the soft, "Yes" that contrasted with how Himchan sounded at the beginning of the call, but knew Himchan would be fine. He chuckled a little more when the mental image of the mouse staring down Himchan popped into his head again.

 

"Stop laughing, you jerk!"

 

"Sorry, I’ll come home soon."

 

"You better."

 

Yongguk grinned, hearing the gentle tone in Himchan’s voice and felt his chest warm pleasantly, before smirking and beginning to laugh again.

 

"D-did the mouse bite your family jewels-"

 

" off."

 

~~~~

 

Yongguk’s eyes widened when he peered into the toilet bowl, imagining a tiny little ball of fur when he was talking to Himchan a few hours before.

 

"God damn." 

 

"See! It is scary, and you were laughing at me!" Yongguk quickly closed the lid and put the books on top of it again, turning to face a very peeved-looking Himchan. 

 

"Sorry, Channie~"

 

"Oh don’t you ‘sorry’ me. Daehyun and Youngjae aren’t any better, I called that fatass 60 times and when he finally answered, he just said, ‘I’m busy, and don’t call Youngjae; he’s busy, too.’ and hung up! What the hell could they be busy with, he and Youngjae only had to go to appointments at the spa together today! Actually, now that I think about it, they should have been home hours ago-" Himchan’s tirade stopped when Yongguk pulled him into a hug, huffing when Yongguk began to pet his hair while laughing.

 

"You really are something else. Maybe we should keep it and name it Himchan Jr-"

 

"I hate you." 

 

~~~~~

 

After much coaxing and apologies, Yongguk managed to convince Himchan to go outside to get some ramen with him to relax, forgetting completely about leaving a note for the others about their furry friend in the bathroom before leaving the dorm. 

 

Himchan’s phone buzzed incessantly a few hours into his and Yongguk’s impromptu date, and smirked when he saw the caller I.D..

 

"Hel-"

 

"WHY IS THERE A MOUSE IN THE TOILET?" Himchan grinned, completely unfazed by Daehyun’s loud voice booming through the phone. He heard some high-pitched screaming in the background- slightly impressed by how high Youngjae’s voice could go- followed by a few loud crashes and a flurry of curses that would make a sailor blush.

 

"Sorry, I’m busy. And don’t call Yongguk, he’s busy too."

 

"HIMCHAN-HYU-"

 

*sqeak*

 

______

 

if any of you guys came across my panicked “WHAT DO YOU DO IF THERE’S A MOUSE IN YOUR TOILET" post a few weeks ago, this is the result of how I dealt with it after xD (the yelling at about 5 different people panicking and asking them what to do part- i ended up flushing in panic but luckily even if it was big, the toilet was stronger ;o;)

 

sorry if this was a bit gross xD all the people i talked to about it found it funny while i was crying to them so i decided to make something from that experience xD I live on the 7th floor of an apartment building, so it really was a shock when this happened one morning OTL

 

I hope you enjoyed~