Family Reunion

Life Unexpected

 

CHAPTER 2

 

The next day, according to his promise, Seunghyun takes Soojoung to the mall for shopping some clothes her. Although Soojoung had been living in Busan, but her appearance and accent sounded like someone who has been living in Seoul.

"How is it? Is there anything you like?" Seunghyun asked when they go into a big and luxurious clothing store.

"I'm sorry but I think we should get out of here." Soojoung walked out the store but Seunghyun quickly pulled her wrist.

"Why? You don't like clothes?" Seunghyun asked confusedly. Soojoung shook her head, "the clothes look expensive and I don't have much money. We should go to the shops in the market, the price is much cheaper than here." Soojoung said.

Seunghyun laughed at Soojoung's act. "Why are you laughing?" Soojoung asked in surprise.

"You don't have to worry about it. I will pay all the clothes that you choose later."

"You what?" Soojoung shocked.

"You do not have to worry about the money because I will bear all the cost of your shopping today." Seunghyun patted her head and pulled her into the store. Seunghyun seem satisfied because anything that she wore, Soojoung still look good. She's so pretty and her face is very similar to Yoona, his first love.

"I think this is enough." Soojoung said on Seunghyun after trying 15 pieces of clothing.

"Are you sure you don't want anymore?" Seunghyun asked.

"Are you crazy? It was too much for me!" Soojoung exclaimed.

"Okay." Seunghyun pulled out his wallet and handed his credit card to the cashier staff.

"Your girlfriend is very beautiful, sir." the cashier girl said.

"What? Oh .. she is not ..."

"I'm his nephew." Soojoung interrupted. Soojoung smiled at him.

"Ah, sorry. I thought he was your boyfriend." officials said the cashier again. When finished shopping, Seunghyun asked Soojoung to stopped by to a steak restaurant.

"Do you like steak?" asked Seunghyun and Soojoung nodded vigorously.

"I love steak!" she exclaimed. Seunghyun smiled at Soojoung's act. They walked into the restaurant and ordered the food. After ordering, an awkward atmosphere began to emerge between them.

"If ... the results of DNA tests have come out and it turns out I wasn't your daughter, would you be mad at me?" Soojoung asked. Seunghyun a little surprised to hear the question, but he quickly mastered himself.

"If you're not my daughter ... then what can we do about it? Of course I wouldn't be mad at you." he replied calmly.

"And if I was your daughter, can I meet with my mother?" she asked again. This time Seunghyun can not hide his astonishment.

"Why? Is my mother gone? Is she abroad? Or is she already dead?" Seunghyun see a big curiosity in her small face.

"We'll talk about this tomorrow, right after the DNA results come out."

 

 

* * * *

 

"Are you ready?" Seunghyun asked on Soojoung who sitting beside him. Soojoung nodded without opening her eyes. Gently he pull the paper out of the envelope to see their DNA test result and voila, the result is appropriate, Soojoung is his biological daughter. Either he should've pleased that he turned out to have a child or maybe sad because he already has a child at such a young age. He's not sure but a smile painted on his face.

"What? What's the results?" Soojoung opened her eyes and grab the paper from Seunghyun's hand.

"What does this mean? I don't understand." Soojoung muttered. Seunghyun looked at Soojoung then pull her body into his arms.

"The results was match, you're my daughter." Seunghyun said. Hearing his words, Soojoung shed tears and cry. For 15 years she lived in an orphanage as an orphan but now things have changed, she has a father! Soojoung broke the hug. "Where is my mother?"

 

* * * *

 

Soojoung gott up earlier and getting ready. She felt both excited and nervous because today she will meet her mother. Soojoung prepare breakfast for him and her father.

"Wow, you're up early today." Seunghyun praise when he saw his daughter who's alredy neat.

"You don't forget your promise, do you?" Soojoung asked. Seunghyun shook his head and put a piece of omelet roll into his mouth.

"After I take a shower then we'll go see your mother."




It was a quite typical Sunday morning. A woman at her 30s was seen tidying the coffee shop she own, getting ready to open.

Knock knock knock...

A knock sounded from the front door. The woman put a rag she was holding on a table and walked toward the door. She could see a beautiful teenage girl when she opened the door.

She got a milky-white skin and has a pair of large eyes with a sharp nose and a thin lips. The girl was very similar to her. "Sorry miss but we're not open yet." she said pleasantly.

Then a tall man approached her and stood behind her. "Ah, we're here not to drink coffee." the girl smile brightly.

"Then what do you need miss?"

"Are you Im Yoona?" the girl asked.

"Yes, I'm Im Yoona." the woman replied. Her eyes widened and a smile painted on her face. "Annyeonghaseyo, Soojoung-imnida. I'm your daughter."

"W.. What?" the woman named Im Yoona asked in surprise.

"Soojoung-imnida. Omma, I'm glad to finally meet you." Soojoung walked up to her and hugged her tightly.

"It's been awhile, Im Yoona." said Seunghyun who's standing behind Soojoung.

Yoona's eyes widened when she saw figure of a man who she hadn't seen for a long time. With a body that's still embraced by Soojoung, Yoona can't do anything but stand in shock.

Seunghyun walked up to them and then patted Soojoung's shoulder gently. "Let go of your mother, she seems still in a little shocked." he said. Soojoung obeyed and released Yoona's body.

"Seung ... Seunghyun?" Yoona blinked a few times to make sure that the person she's seeing now is real.

"How are you doing Yoona?" Seunghyun asked and tried to smile. "It's better if we talk inside, there are many things you need to know." Seunghyun pull Soojoung and Yoona went inside.

Senghyun pull Soojoung and Yoona who are still confused into the store. Yoona still didn't say anything though there are a thousand questions in her head.

Seunghyun began to talk about the incident in last few days, starting from the first day of Soojoung came to his house and tell her how and where she lived for the last 15 years.

"But that's not possible. Our child was dead right after it was born." Yoona shook her head and walked away.

"I know you're shocked but this all is true, Yoong." Yoona heart skipped a beat when Sunghyun call her by name 'Yoong'. It's been 15 years since the last time she heard people calling her by that name, not after Seunghyun left her.

 

- F l a s h b a c k -

 

"Leave her!" a middle-aged women threatened her son who was crying.

"No. I will never leave her!" the boy countered.

"What more do you want? Your child is dead and it makes you and all of us don't have anything to tie with her!" she said aloud.

"I'll still marry her. Yes, I would still marry her!" replied the boy to his mother. The middle-aged woman was surprised to hear her son's answer.

"W.. What you just said? You'll still marry her? Are you trying to kill me? A cheap woman like her didn't deserve for you!" she said out loud because she couldn't longer contain her anger.

"I don't care about what you say but I sure I would marry her no matter what happens, even for that I must leave the Choi family!" he said with his deep voice and left his mother.

"Choi Seunghyun!" she called. The boy named Seunghyun was silent and stopped.

"If you dare to marry her and leave the Choi family then I'll kill myself!" she said. Seunghyun eyes widened when he heard his mother's words.

"O. .. omma ..."

"You've heard me. Mark my words. If you're still going to marry her then in future when you see me, the only thing you're going to see is my dead body!" he threatened. Seunghyun cry again, do't believe what his mother just said. He loves Yoona but he also can't allow her mother to act stupid. After that... he decided to leave the girl he loved but also chose to live separately from his parents and siblings.

 

* * * *

 

"I beg you to keep this child." a mana man aged around 50 years old handed a beautiful baby to the orphanage caretaker.

"Are you sure, Mr. Choi?" asked the woman while holding a baby girl who was asleep.

"Her parents are still very young and it's impossible for us to take care of her. I'll leave her to you. I'll send money for her life cost each month along with the school fees and ..." he issued a name card, "... if you think the timing is right then I want you to tell her about the truth and ask her to find her parents at to this address."

"Yes, sir. I understand." And that was the last time Mr. Choi saw his biological granddaughter. Although he didn't want to do this but he sure left his granddaughter in an orphanage far from Seoul is a better decision than throwing this kid on the streets as it has been suggested by his wife.

- f l a sb a c k  e n d s -

 

 

* * * *

 

"So, are you really my daughter?" Yoona look at Soojoung's face carefully. Soojoung couldn't say anything but nodded. Being in front of her mother makes Soojoung think as if she was looking at herself in the mirror. Their eyes, nose, lips and even their hair was exactly same.

Yoona raised her hands and touched Soojoung's face. "You're really look alike me." she said softly. Without felt it, tears fall on Yoona's flawless skin. Soojoung wiped the tears from her mother's face and smiled. "Don't cry omma." she said.

After they're done crying and a little calmer, three of them sit together. "Omma, you're so beautiful." praise Soojoung who couldn't take her eyes off her mother's face. "I always knew that my mother is such a beautiful woman."

"You're also very beautiful." Yoona Soojoung's face.

"What about me? Do you also think that your father was a handsome man?" Seunghyun asked. Soojoung gives a strange look on Seunghyun and raised both of her shoulders, "nah, I guess I expect too much." Soojoung and Yoona laughed while Seunghyun pout.

"Krystal. Am I allowed to call you with that name?" Yoona asked.

"Wae? Don't you like my name?" Soojoung asked anxiously. Yoona shook her head and smiled, "when I was pregnant, I always wanted to name you Krystal because that name is very beautiful."

"Chinja? Then of course I allowed it! I like that name, Krystal! Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Krystal-imnida." Soojoung exclaimed made both parents chuckled.

After talked with her ​​parents, Soojoung or now changed her name to Krystal, asking permission to look at her mother's house and leave her parents alone.

"Um ... How have you been, Yoong?" Seunghyun asked.

"Fine." Yoona replied. Although it was a little stiff but Yoona try to keep smiling. "What about you?"

"Me? I'm fine too. You don't change, Yoong." Seunghyun said awkwardly. Yoona didn't answer Seunghyun's word and just gave him a small smile. "Life is unexpected, right?" Yoona nodded.

"4 days ago, the first thing I knew after I woke up is the fact that I already have a 15 years old daughter." Seunghyun said.

"I still don;t get it." Yoona said. "After I woke up, the doctor said that my child was dead. I was very sad and confused. I've been trying to find you but I still can't and now all of a sudden you come and bring our daughter who's still alive and she's 15." Yoona sighed, her heart was still hard to believe it all.

"Yoong, are you still mad because I'm leaving you 15 years ago?" Seunghyun asked quietly. Yoona pause. "Of course I'm angry. You've promised to never leave me but you left." Yoona replied. Seunghyun just ducked his head, not daring to see Yoona's face.

"But I understand your decision. From the beginning our relationship was a mistake. You come from a wealthy family while I was an orphan. We come from two different worlds and I should have known all along that I wasn't deserve you." Yoona trying hard not to cry when she said that.

Seunghyun looked into Yoona's eyes without blinking and slowly lean his face toward Yoona. Only a few centimeters before their lips meet but Yoona suddenly realize and keep her face away from Seunghyun's.

"Can Krystal stay here for tonight?" Yoona asked awkwardly. "Of... Of course!" Seunghyun also said with awkwardness.

"Then I'll come home now. Soojoung-ah!" Seunghyun call.

"Ne?" said Krystal who emerged from behind the door.

"You don't mind to stay here for tonight, right?" he asked. Krystal smiled and shook her head.

"Then I'll go home. I'll see you tomorrow." Krystal hugged Seunghyun while Yoona just smiled and bowed at him awkwardly.

 

-to be continue-

 

A/N: So, how was that? I know I'm not a good writer and not to mention about my weak English but I really appreciate your encourage ^^

Enjoy reading ^^
Subs and comments are LOVED :D