Dad called?

"Wait For Me"

“Wuahhhh! Wuahhhh!”

9 am, 21st of June, 1997, I was born into the world. A little angel sent from heaven, I opened my eyes immediately after I was cleaned and put into the cradle. Everything was white, indeed, I was in the hospital. My mum was on a higher bed, she laid there exhausted and panting, my dad was comforting her by wiping the sweats off her forehead gently. Everyone in the room was cheering and congratulating my mum. I was a fat baby, 4kg. My chubby cheeks and my chubby hands, I was smiling and giggling. Then a nurse came up to me and ‘Awwwww’ right in my face and I literally wanted to slap her.

12 years later

12 years past in a blink, I grew up as a beautiful teenager, but not as beautiful as the appearance, but beautiful as in the heart.

I brushed my tangled and slightly wet hair with my fingers, as I sat on the river side. “Song! Come and see this!” Suho cried.

He was in the river, with his sleeves up and his pants rolled up. We had a small water fight in the river after school; it was childish, but fun. He was my best mate. We became friends in elementary school and we have experienced fun, emotional, irritating moments together, literally everything; we couldn’t do anything alone without each other. I just sat and watched him digging his whole arm into the water.

“What is it?” I called, and then stood up, patted the dirt off my skirt.

Since it was noon, the sky was cover with a warm orange colour ‘blanket’.

“Look at what I’ve found!” Suho raised his hand from the river and held it above the river’s surface, the sunlight shone on the unknown object, making it glitter. I walked forward to him, stepping into the water, “What’s this?” I stared at the glittering, shining object in this hand. It’s was covered by a little amount of mud, but Suho washed it away in the river. “I don’t know…”

We stared at the object mischievously. It was a wooden music box… Designed with vintage designs on the lid

“Open it…” I whispered, it was too hard to talk out loud for a moment like this.

I didn’t dare to blink.

Suho nodded, and then he reached his hand for the lid, my heart was pounding fast, not taking my eyes off it. He opened it. My jaws dropped and so did his. It was empty… But, there’s a small red ruby, stuck on top of the lid. Where did that come from?

“Looks like it’s worth it~” Suho smirked, running his fingers through his hair, but had his eyes on that ruby.

“Yeah…” I nodded in amazement.

I didn’t know that we had this kind of luck, found a ruby by chance, although we don’t know if it’s real or fake. “You know what?” Suho suddenly sounded mysterious. I raised my eyebrow and turned my attention to him, “What?”

“I’m going to make you a gift” Suho said smiling at me and I just blinked my eyes in confusion.

The sun shone on the river’s surface, making it glitter… And suddenly there was a feeling inside me, a weird feeling. I can see illusions of fireworks. What was that strange feeling? I asked myself. It was like a romantic scene I saw from a drama…

“Song?” Suho waved his hand in front of my face with a frown.

I twitched, “Oh! Yes?” I cleared my throat and walked back on to the grass.

I haven’t received any presents or gifs since I entered elementary school. My parents were too busy overseas, like always. Every birthday, only Suho and my grandma; and some friends celebrated for me… I’m happy that I have Suho…

Suho follow up and sat on the grass with his arms supporting him while he leaned back with one leg out, there was an enormous amount of mud on his feet… Ewww, even in his toe nail… hand and hair, oh my… “Suho… I think it’s better for you to go home and wash up…” I pointed at his feet with a disgusted look.

“Oh!” Suho took a peak at his foot then laid on the grass, “It’s nothing… I’ll go home later… Come, lay down.”

I hesitated, feeling awkward. “Geez…” Suho grabbed my wrist and pulled me down, “It’s not that hard, is it?”

I nervously sat with my legs pulled in. I wrapped my arm around it to secure it. “Did Kris Hyung ask you out at lunch…?”

Wow, wow, wow… Just stop for a minute… How did he know?! I pulled down my skirt and glared at him, “How did you know? I mean… Yes, he did.”

“Well… What did you say…?” Suho looked away, avoiding my eyes.

Why does he want to know though? “I rejected him.” Maybe this will do?

Just when Suho was going to say something, my phone rang. “Sorry, excuse me for a sec…”

I stood up and took out my phone. “Hello, this is Song speaking.”

“Song-ah, your dad called just ten minutes ago… He said he needs to tell you something, so can you come home now?”

It was my grandma, but dad never calls home… It must be something important.

“Alright halmeoni, I’ll be home in a sec…” *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I sighed. Happy moments never last forever… I turned my head and looked at Suho, he was watching the sunset…  I kind of feel bad leaving him.

“Um, Suho… I need to go home, my dad called. Sorry!” I snatched my school bag and waved goodbye, not letting him say a word.

Running up a hill isn’t easy, maybe because of gravity, it keeps dragging me back down when I tried to go up. Although the distance from the river bank to the top wasn’t far, but, seriously, to me, it was.

Once I’ve got up, I turned my head and glared at Suho who giggled at my unco-ness. Then I pulled up my bike and placed my bag in the basket. “Have fun ALONE, you jerk!” I shouted and made a silly face at him. Suho just smiled. I smiled back, and then I got on my bike and rode off.

*

When I’ve arrived home, I saw my grandma was waiting for me at the door. She wore a white silk dress with a home-made purple wool cardigan, and her pink rabbit fluffy slippers.

I slowed the speed down as I entered gate, then jumped off the bike and parked it along the wall of the front garden. “Welcome home Song, I’ve been waiting. Come in.” She opened the door and went in, dragging her slipper on the ground.

“Hi halmeoni, alright, just give me a second!” I quickly locked my bike, and ran over to the door.

Just before I was going in, “Ah ah!”

My grandma stopped me from going in and looked at my muddy shoes. “Oh… Hehe, I’ll take them off…”

Yes, my family likes to follow the western style at home, where you don’t have to take off your shoes at home.

“Gosh, look at you! I’ll go prepare the hot bath for you.” My grandma with a disgusted face went off shaking her head.

I raised my eyebrow and sighed. “Oopsy” Then I slipped off my shoes and stepped into my summer slippers, they’re rubber quality. I went in and closed the door behind me.

Warm air brushed against my face the minute I stepped in, the heater’s on. I placed my bag on the floor against the wall and dragged myself upstairs to my bedroom to grab clean clothes.

=

First chapter and I did proof read, but I need to improve/expand my vocabulary. So how was it? And be nice and subscribe, I just read some blog and it really angered me, this is a story that I thought carefully and actually planned it! I put all my mind into this story than school work. So don't just read and wave off. It really pisses me off. I know you'd probly think what does it got to do with you or I don't give a fab. Well, what if 100 people reads your story and none sub/vote/comment?! And it was a story that you wanted to share to the world, how would you feel? Tell me. Phew~ Sorry for that, now can you subscribe? It only take less than a min. *Click* and done. Thank you. And I hope you liked my first chapter, it gets more intersting later on, so please bare with me, I have other work to so too. Lastly, leave a comment, no matter how many word it is, I feel loney and unwanted if there's no comments. ^ ^

links to my other stories: 

I'm not a gentleman

Eldon