Chapter 4

Picture Of You

Eok Man almost trip on his foot while striding at the middle of the room with an armful of gifts for Lee Seung Gi.

“What are all those?” Seung Gi asked as soon as he steps at his office browsing his mini tablet. Different shapes and sizes of gift boxes are file up at his glass center table in his mini receiving area. “Ah, those are from your fans” bowed his faithful secretary with a big grin on his face. “What fans?” he said uninterested, but still manage to give him a curt nod of his head acknowledging him and quickly sat down on his large office chair and opened his computer; his mind is occupied by the deal that CyberZone is collaborating with one of the TV biggest station in Korea. “Sir, haven’t you been in the internet lately?” he said excitedly, “ever since your picture came out from the magazine two weeks back, you’re number one top search in Google Korea for a week! Some local newspapers wanted to have an interview with you, but you turn in down right?” Eok Man reminded him. “That’s why in the first place I don’t want to do that damn interview and photo shoot.” He said his eyes still focus at his computer while working. As a matter of fact, the sales of the 10th Anniversary Men’s Issue magazine was the biggest hit this year, the copy was sold out at the first three hours in the market in Seoul and sold out at the entire nation after a week. It’s the biggest hit up to date. School girls from high school until collage become instant fans of Lee Seung Gi, even male student admire and respect him because of the interview they have read, many people admire his skills in business and have a high regard for of what he accomplish at his young age. Even ajummas in salon, public bath or any public places Lee Seung Gi was a hot topic. They even regard him as a national hero in the field of IT business; they said that Korea is very lucky to have a person like him. Actually many news network company wanted to do an exclusive video interview with him, they have been calling his office nonstop; but he rejected all of the offer because he hates those kinds of stuff, plus he is not comfortable in doing it . Then he notice as well that there are now girls or rather fans gathering in front of his building office, and wonders if those girls has any work or school at all! Korea is really unbelievable in terms of fans. Just three days back he was having lunch with a client in a restaurant and people at each side of his table are taking pictures from his their cell phones. He just can’t take it anymore so he stood up and politely asked them that he is doing some business and asked for some privacy. He was just relief that they stop taking pictures of him………. “But sir, I would like to remind you that many company showed interest in CyberZone after that interview and—“ “Other as well try to bring it down.” He cut Eok Man SEC or Security Exchange Commission is breathing on their neck trying to look for a flaw. But they will find nothing because he take care all of those flaw 3 years back after the company is fully stable to stand on their own. Eok Man let out a big sigh and smile at Seung Gi, “sir you never worry of those kinds of issues, the most important of all is that you’re doing great being the CEO of this company” he said sincerely. Seung Gi pauses at his work and meet the eyes of his ever loyal secretary and friend and thank him sincerely. “Ahh, before I forgot can you please deliver all of those to my apartment, and please if someone sends those gifts again just bring it there directly.” He ordered. “Yes sir “ he politely bow at him and started gathering all the gifts into his arms, preparing to leave. Seung Gi felt his iphone vibrated, and took it out from his inner pocket of his suit a warm grin is already forming at his face coz he know that it’s a message from Suzy. Gud Morning Oppa! How r u? Did u receive d packge dat I sent 2 u? Seung Gi bolted from his seat and called back Eok Man, “Wait! I think there is a package for me in those gifts” Eok Man stop his tracks and turn back to his boss, he can barely see him because the boxes are obstructing him. Seung Gi just walk to him and help him put all the items down, and then he started scanning the items one by one with a grin on his face. Eok Man gave him a puzzled look, a while ago he felt that Seung Gi is not interested with all these stuff now he is like a boy looking for his present during Christmas. “Here!” he said excitedly at the brown flat box, Suzy’s name is written from the sender’s tag, so he immediately identifies it. “Thank you” he said again helping him this time to arrange the boxes in Eok Man’s hands and almost ushering him out of his office and closes the door of his office. His secretary just shake his head on dismay, this is the first time that Seung Gi is acting weird since five years that he has known him. Seung Gi sat went back to his chair and put the box on his table, he carefully removes the packaging tape at the sides and opens it. His heart skip a beat of what he saw, his own glossy picture is smiling at him, it was framed in a sophisticated A4 size wooden handmade frame. Then he saw the note inside of it. Dear Seung Gi Oppa, This is the picture I have taken during the shoot, I have especially made the frame for you and I developed the photo myself because it’s too precious coz it’s you. I hope you like it. Take care, Suzy “Like it?” he laughed at himself, I Love it! He softly caresses the side of the wooden frame, and carefully places it on his table. From all the gifts he receive it’s the most priceless of all not because it beautiful, but Suzy made it for him. He pick up his iphone and call Suzy’s number. She picks it up after one ring. “T-thank you” Seung Gi said he felt that his throat is clogging up. “Your most welcome, I’m glad that you like it.” She said cheerfully but her heart is beating so fast and she doesn’t know why her hands are slightly shaking. “Congratulations!” he said suddenly his smile is reaching his ears “Why?” she said in puzzled voice “Because if there is a competition for the best photographer in world………….” He trail off “………..you’re over qualified” he said genuinely. Suzy felt her eyes sting tears and clogging up, actually ever since she sent the photo to him she is very anxious that maybe he will not like it because it’s too childish for his taste and he hasn’t say anything about it. But hearing him complementing her that she done it well all her stress dissolve in seconds. “Thank you” she whispered Seung Gi break the tension and said in a merry voice, “ I think money is not enough to buy anything with that kind of gift, but I can treat you to dinner tonight and buy anything that you like” “Yah,” she said softly, “have you forgotten Dad invited you for dinner tonight, how can you treat me if you’re the one eating in our house tonight.” She said in mirth “Ah….yes” he said he totally forget because whenever he is talking to her he didn’t know that he tends to forget everything. “Actually Grandma and Grandpa is already upset because they said you never show up to them since you came back in here in Korea” teasing him. He rides on her tease and said “Do I have to wear an amour? I think I will be beaten by the elders tonight” “Oh! You don’t have to worry…….” she said with her hands like shooing a fly away “……..you’re head is thick anyway it will surpass the beating” she laugh at him. “Yah! Did you just speak informal tone at me!” pretending to be upset but his voice is lace with hilarity. “No, Mr. CEO I wouldn’t dare.” She said in formal and polite voice but her eyes are shining with happiness. “Oppa, I have to hang up now I still a lot of projects to finish, don’t be late tonight. Bye!” ending the call. Seung Gi stares at his phone for a second as if it has grown an ear and then chuckle at himself and go back to his work.

*****************

Seung Gi is holding an expensive red wine, bouquet of flowers and large paper bag in front of Park gate. He slightly fixes his hair in perfection, and takes a deep breath. This is the second time that he felt nervous in having dinner with Park family, the last time was his first dinner with them five years back, and now he is back to this familiar place. As soon he enters the door he saw Suzy’s parents are waiting for him, bows his head to them, handed the wine to Mr. Park and give the flowers to Suzy’s mom. “Thank you very much,” Mr. Park said accepting the wine and then without any pretense he gave him a bear hug like he hasn’t seen his long lost son. Then Eun Jae, Suzy’s mom cup Seung Gi’s face and said “Long time no see” caressing his cheeks like her son. Seung Gi can’t help the constriction of his heart and he felt the warmness of the couple. “Aigoo!” he heard Grandma Seo Hwa coming at him and beside her is Grandpa Wol. Seo Hwa holds his hands lovingly and Wol give him a hug. “Welcome back” Grandpa Wol said, Seung Gi felt tears forming at his eyes as he look at this family, they’re the same people who accepted him with unconditional love five years back and now he really felt that he is back home. “Apa!” a small little boy runs to Paul Park, he throw his arms to his leg. “Is this Seung Gi hyung?” he said innocently. “Yes son, greet him properly.” Urge Paul, “Hello, how are you?” giving him an adorable bow “My name is Park Seung Jo, and I’m four years old” he said proudly. “Hello I’m fine thank you” giving him a bow as well, “I’m Lee Seung Gi, and it’s nice to see you in person” “How did you know me?” Seung Jo asked innocently. “Because your noona Suzy told me a lot about you.” Seung Gi said with a smile and can’t help rumpling his glossy hair. Seung Jo crosses his arms like an adult and said in a jealous pouty voice. “Why are you Noona’s boyfriend?” Everyone was caught in surprise at Seung Jo question then everyone look a Seung Gi whose face is flushing red……and shout in laughter.