♥ new tenant

He's the new tenant?

03. secret - telepathy


You were rushing home, oblivious to the fact that you had left your phone back at the cinema. Well that was embarrassing, especially to a stranger. 

You hated showing your ugly side to people you didn't know, as first impressions were always on your mind. It depended on first impressions of how the person will think of you, and you didn't like it when people thought of you wrongly. Drooling in front the boy in the cinema was a big mistake. 

Without realizing, you had already reached the bus stop. It started raining right after you went under the shelter. Rain pelted down the sky and soon after it became raining cats and dogs. You glanced around and observed the people in the streets finding for shelter.

A running figure approached the bus stop. You squinted your eyes. The figure looked surprisingly familiar with the baggy pants and big shirt. As the figure got closer, it dawned upon you that it was actually your housemate.

"Luhan!!" You called out to him and asked him to run faster. He grinned upon seeing you and purposely walked slower. 

"Hurry up, idiot! You'll get wet!!" You ordered. 

When he was finally under the shelter, you gawked at him. He was drenched. Fully drenched from head to toe. You smacked him on the head, "Why didn't you bring an umbrella!?" 

He sheepishly rubbed the back of his wet neck, "You know me." 

You waved your hand, ignoring his excuse. 

--

Soon after, the bus arrived. The both of you boarded and sat together right at the back seat, where the air conditioner wasn't too strong and where both of you wouldn't be too noticeable, which didn't really work. 

You and Luhan started talking about random things that often went out of topic, but both of you didn't care. You laughed along, and knowing that your laugh was contagious, you and Luhan became the center of attention in the bus. Some ahjummas looked pissed off, while other high school girls looked at you with disgust, and jealousy took over them. 

When it was time to go down, you and Luhan stood up from your seats. When you noticed Luhan's wet seat, you burst into fits of laughter. He gave you a puzzled look, "What?" 

"Someone will think that you peed on your seat," you snickered. 

Luhan glanced at his seat and flushed. His seat was wet from his wet pants.  He grabbed the back of your shirt and dragged you out of the bus before anyone would find out that he was the culprit for the wet seat. You laughed aloud again, ignoring the stares you were receiving.. Stupid Lu.

--

You and Luhan stopped by a thrift shop to replace his wet clothes. He just bought a plain baby blue tee with brown khaki pants which cost him only a few won. 

"Wait, we need to stop by at the convenience store. Ms. Han told me to buy some meat and other stuff." He fished out his phone from his bag to see the list of things he needed to buy. 

"What for?" You tilted your head. 

"Beats me." 

You furrowed your eyebrows. Ms. Han usually didn't buy meat unless there was a special event. 

It's not anyone's birthday, so why are we eating meat? Moreover, she wasn't being spoilt or anything but why didn't Ms. Han ask the maids to buy. 

"Luhan." 

"Yes, dear?" 

You ignored his cheesiness and asked, "Shouldn't Ms. Han be asking one of the maids to run the errand?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Well, you can't always depend on them. They're humans too." 

You narrowed you eyes, "I knew that." 

I'm not a bird-brain.  

--

You and Luhan headed towards the nearest convenience store and looked fore all the food you needed. 

After putting all of the food in the cart, both of you walked towards the cashier. 

You walked behind Luhan while browsing through a magazine. You started asking Luhan about his ideal type and told him to answer some questions related to it. 

"I like girls... with long hair, fair skin and cute small lips." He nodded at himself. 

You closed your eyes and visualized what the girl would look like. After a second, you cringed. "Luhan, are you trying to say that your ideal type is Sadako?" 

He stopped walking and you bumped onto his broad back. Ow. 

He stared at you with wide eyes "What- NO! Sadako is far far FAR away from my ideal type!" 

But she fits your description perfectly, you thought as you rubbed your forehead. 

"Well, she DOES have long hair, and really really fair skin, and maybe small lips, but she will NEVER be my ideal type." He narrowed his eyes at you. 

You rolled your eyes at him, "Fine, whatever you say."  

 

You glanced around, and your eyes fixed on something.

"COOKIES." You gaped and you could feel your drool escaping your mouth. You could already see the shining effect behind the tins.

Luhan glanced at where you were looking at and grinned.  He knew that you had a big obsession with cookies, especially the double chocolate chip. He jogged to the stacked tins of cookies and got a tin and rushed back to you.

Your eyes sparkled at the sight of the tins and reached out your hands, but Luhan held it out of your reach.

"Only-" he blew his bangs away from his eyes. "-if you promise not to throw another one of your alarm clocks into your glass."

You rolled your eyes in response and snatched the tin from him and hugged it as you blew a raspberry at him. "No."

 

--

While walking back to the house, you and Luhan continued your blabbering and laughed at the nonsensical things you were saying, acting high and drunk. 

As you approached the mansion, you noticed Ms. Han's mini cooper parked at the foyer. She's home already?

"Hey guys!" An annoying voice caught your attention. Luhan and you spun around and you frowned. 

"Hey Kai." Luhan smiled and patted his back. "Hey Seul." He smirked at you for no reason. "Jong." You ruffled his hair and smiled, "How was your date?"

"It was good... not until she started dragging me into a CLUB." He emphasized on the last word. "Then I pretended to go to the toilet and escaped from her. She was a noona, oh god." He slapped his forehead with his palm, "and she kept on clinging on to my arm. I felt like there were bugs climbing up my shirt." He swept off the invisible dust off his shoulder. 

"You're mean, Jongin." You laughed and slapped his arm. "So you actually ditched that girl?" 

Kai waved his hand, "Never mind that. Why is she so early today?" He nodded at the mansion. 

"I don't know either. She even asked me and Seul here to buy meat." Luhan raised the bag of groceries. Kai peered into the bag and widened his eyes, "beef!?" Luhan nodded his head response. 

"What's so special about today?" Luhan asked. 

"I don't know. Maybe her cousin decided to visit." Kai shrugged his shoulders.

"Or maybe she's having a party."'

"Or maybe she invited hot chicks," Kai smirked.

"Or maybe she finally found herself a husband." 

"Or maybe-" 

"OR MAYBE," You groaned. "We go inside now and see what's up." You crossed your arms and gave them a fake cheerful smile. 

 

 

When the three of you entered, the house was as clean as ever. Not a speck of dust was in sight. A maid passed by, holding a cup of coffee and heading up the stairs. She stopped when she noticed the three of you by the door. "Oh, welcome back Daseul-shi and Luhan-shi." 

You flashed Kai a huge grin. "Hello stranger," you mouthed. 

He frowned and purposely cleard his throat to catch the maid's attention. The maid looked up and made a small bow, "and to you too, Jongin-shi." 

Another maid took the bag of groceries from you and went back to the kitchen. You glanced at Luhan, who gave you a questioning look before heading to the kitchen. 

You poked your head in, smelling the aroma. The maid who was cooking noticed you, "May I help you, Daseul-shi?" 

"What's so special about today that we're having beef for dinner?" 

"Miss, didn't you know?" She asked. 

"Know what?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Ms. Han has a new tenant!" 

Luhan and Kai's ears perked up and poked their heads in as well.

"Uhm.. c-could you say that again?"

The maid laughed, "You guys will have a new housemate!"  

 


the melon's note —
hey guys! sorry for taking two freaking months to update!! i'm so so so super duper sorry!! got caught up with studies since it was my end of year exams and i had a tiny little writer's block, so sorry really really sorry. uhm... this chapter was just a filler and jongdae will be appearing in the next chapter (spoiler haha)!! so yes! now that my end of years are finished and i get 2 and a quarter months of holiday (booyah) I will try to update as much as i can to make it up. so sorry again!! Sorry to my "son" aly who is been asking me to update HAHA. and apologies for and grammatical or spelling errors!! Love you always ♥ And happy belated birthday to dear xingtuo aka zhang yixing <3 we love you always our dear dancing machine of exo!!

P.S I did some slight changes with the chapter titles :) and will be editing my previous chapters so it's better haha.