Grandchild for HIre

Grandchildren For Hire
"What?! No." Jimin furrowed his eyebrows as the person at the other end of the line talked rapidly, trying to explain the situation to him. "Hey, look, I just finished a contract. I don't want to accept any other deals." Jimin hailed a cab and placed his bags in the trunk. "I said no, Kira-sshi. I'm going to Jeju for a few days. Can't you at least grant me that?" He sighed in frustration. "The airport, ahjussi." He said as he sat on the passenger's seat. "I'm not going. I don't care if she's a big client--- No. my answer is final--- Aish!" Jimin cursed loudly, making the driver flinch in shock. "Sorry." He mouthed and continued talking on the phone. "No mean no, Kira-sshi. You tell her that. I need a break." Jimin sighed and ended the call.
 
"You're such a busy person at such a young age." The taxi driver started a conversation.
 
"I'm well... kind of... in demand in the company..." Jimin smiled.
 
"I take it that you're a very dedicated worker."
 
"Well, that's what they say." Jimin chuckled. "I just do my job."
 
"But aren't you a little too young?"
 
"Public service doesn't have age requirements." Jimin shrugged.
 
"No. I work for the people." Jimin replied, checked his phine and started typing a message. 'but some of them ask for too much." He shook his head.
 
"i see your point, kid. Some people just can't get satisfaction."
 
"True, true." Jimin's phone beeped again. His brows furrowed and he clucked his tongue. "Ahjussi, can you just drive me back to my apartment?"
 
"Sure. Something went wrong?"
 
"They said they're going to follow me to Jeju."
 
"You really are in demand, huh?"
 
"Sometimes, it's really a bad thing. I worked two months straight without day offs..."
 
"That's too much..."
 
"True. I just want a three-day break but they keep on calling me. Let them go to Jeju. Let's see if they'll be able to find me there."
 
"I like how you think, kid."
 
"I hear that a lot." Jimin chuckled.
 
 
A few more minutes passed and Jimin was back to where he came from.
 
"Thank you, ahjussi. I'm sorry for the trouble." Jimin bowed after taking his bags from the trunk.
 
"No harm done, kid. have a nice vacation!" the driver waved and s[ed off.
 
"Okay, let's go burn some money." Jimin carried his bags back to his apartment before heading out to the nearest shopping mall.
 
 
"Let's see, what can I buy?" Jimin walked aimlessly and gazed at the clothes inside the stores. "Jinseok hyung likes Boy London, right? Should I buy him something?" Jimin walked into a store and went through the clothes.
 
"How can I help you, sir?" The saleslady approached him.
 
"I, uh.... can you recommend something for me?" He asked.
 
"We have our bestsellers over here, sir." The girl walked Jimin to an isle of black and white shirts and tank tops. "You can start choosing from here." She then bowed and left to attend to the other costumers.
 
 
Two hours later, Jimin had bought more than ten sets of clothes. He was eating Bulgogi at a small restaurant when his phone started ringing again.
 
"Wae?!" Jimin answered, not bothering to hide the annoyance in his tone.
 
"Yah. Is that how you should talk to your hyung?" Seokjin chuckled at the other end of the line.
 
"Ah... Seokjin hyung..." Jimin quickly changed his tone.
 
"Something up?"
 
"Kira-sshi has been overworking me." Jimin pouted. Seokjin has been his closest friend since he started in the business. The elder has been his guide and tutor when he was new. Jinseok has acted as a big brother to him and has taken the role as Jimin's family.
 
"So I heard." Seokjin smiled. "Got a good pay, huh?"
 
"Yeah, I was supposed to head for Jeju..."
 
"I see. Yah. Did you buy me something?"
 
"I bought you a few shirts."
 
"From what I see, that's not exactly what i'd call few."
 
"Where are you?!"
 
"Behind you." Seojin ended the call and knocked on Jimin's head. "You're a bad dongsaeng, you know that? How can you eat here alone?!"
 
"I thought you have an existing contract." Jimin asked as the other sat beside him.
 
"Ended early." Seokjin shrugged and started eating Jimin's food.,
 
"You don't feel sad?"
 
"I feel sorry for the family..."
 
"How can you not be sad?"
 
"I've been in this company for too long, Jimin. I've had more than a hundred contracts that I already finished. I learned how to control my feelings." Seokjin pat Jimin's head. "You'll get to learn that through experience."
 
"I do hope so..." Jimin let out a sad sigh.
 
"Hey, stop sighing, Your happiness goes out of your body every time you sigh." Seokjin tried to lighten up the mood.
 
"You're right..." Jimin forced a smile. "Since we both don't have contracts, let's hang out!"
 
"Your treat?"
 
"Seokjin hyung---"
 
"JIN." Seokjin glared at the other.
 
"Jin hyung! You just finished your contract, too!" Jimin pouted.
 
"You're unfair. I always treat you but you rarely buy me anything!" Jin pouted.
 
"Arasseo, arasseo." Jimin chuckled and started picking up his bags.
 
 
It was already eight in the evening when the two decided that it was time to go home.
 
"I had fun today..." Jin pat Jimin's back.
 
"Same here. It's good to have a day off and spend it wirh my own family." Jimin smiled back.
 
"Now, now, don't be too sentimental, Park Jimin." Jin chuckled. "Go to sleep."
 
"You too..." Jimin stepped forward to open the door.
 
"Jimin, wait..." The younger boy turned around to look at his friend. "This new client... Kira talked to me about it..."
 
"I don't want any contracts..."
 
"Jimin, we entered this business not for the money, remember? We're here to---"
 
"Give joy to elders. I know, I know. Is it bad to ask for a short break?" Jimin sighed.
 
"That's part of the job, Jimin. But seriously, I think you should at least talk to the new client." Jin gave a final wave before walking away.
 
Jimin considered what Jin had told him. It was true that he entered this business not to have money but to give the elders the satisfaction of having a complete family before they pass away.
 
 
He entered his apartment and sat on the couch. he took a deep breath and slowly let it out. A piece of paper caught his attention. It was the flier that has started it all, the advertisement that had called his attention and that brought him where he is right now.
 
WANT A COMPLETE FAMILY?
Do you want to see a long lost grandchild?
Want to grant your parents that last wish?
 
Then you are holding the right flier!
Just call the number below for the details!
 
"The Grandchildren 4 Hire company wasn't established to make money. We exist to bring joy and contentment to people. We give peace of mind to dying elders. We are the new army of angels, we are the new breed of caretakers." Kira, the head of G4H had said when Jimin entered the company, 6 years ago.
 
"But aren't we lying?" Jimin asked.
 
"These are called white lies. White lies are made to make people happy. Telling white lies won't hurt." Kira, a tall and lean man who was in his early thirties. His brown hair had traces of white strands here and there.
 
"Those are still lies, though." Jimin shook his head.
 
"But that is what makes people happy --- lies."
 
"Looks like i'll have to keep lying..." Jimin sighed. "...So i can keep on making people happy."
 
 
The next day, Jimin was woken up by the loud ringing of his phone.
 
"Yeah..." He answered the call, his voice still raspy from his sleep.
 
"Come out of your apartment. Now." Kira's authoritative voice said.
 
"I'm in Jeju." Jimin lazily replied.
 
"Don't give me bull, Park Jimin. Nobody saw you there yesterday."
 
"Okay, okay." He sat up from his bed and started walking to the front door.
 
Yawning, he opened the door, revealing a man in his early forties. His once brown-dyed hair is now replaced with white strands.
 
"What are you doing here, Kira-sshi?" Jimin lazily asked and opened the door wider so the older man can come in.
 
"You know, thank you for being a dedicated worker of my company. You have made me proud of you." Kira said and sat on the couch.
 
"Cut the crap, Kira-sshi. i know where you're going." Jimin handed the elder a can of coke that he took from the refrigerator.
 
"Can you just show up later?" Kira sighed and opened the can.
 
"No." Jimin sat beside him.
 
"Please. Just listen to her deal then you decide." Kira kept his calm tone.
 
"What's in it for me?"
 
"Okay, I'll give you a 20% bonus. How about that?"
 
"Is it that huge of a deal?"
 
"Yeah. Starting deal is at 5 million." Kira nodded,.
 
"Why me? Seokjin hyung is a better grandson."
 
"They need someone your age."
 
"How about Jisoo?"
 
"Hong Jisoo has an existing contract." Kira shook his head.
 
"Choi Seungcheol is pretty free..."
 
"I already recommended him, believe me. But this girl really wants you." Kira looked at the young man beside him. "Just hear her deal out, ne?"
 
"Aish. Fine. I'll hear her out but I'm not promising anything." Jimin finally gave in.
 
"That's really good to hear." Kira smiled. "I should get going. I heard Seokjin was dismissed early. I have to hunt that kid down."
 
"He's probably sleeping in his room." Jimin didn't bother to walk Kira to the door. Besides, the older man is like his father. He knows every corner in Jimin's apartment like it was his own.
 
"You've been hanging around Seokjin too much." Kira chuckled.
 
"And I don't regret it."
 
"I know, kid. I know." Kira smiled before closing the door.
 
"Sometimes, I don't get that man at all. One second, he's demanding and the next, he's giving you too much freedom." Jimin shook his head, hiding the smile that was forming on his lips.
 
 
It was already two in the afternoon when Jimin showed up in the office. It was located in a corporate tower. Their room wasn't huge. It measured about 70 square meters and had three cubicles. One for Kira, one for Kim Jinchul, Kira's secretary and the largest one serves as a conference room. Nothing much were posted on the walls. Juts a huge whiteboard that serves as a reminder board, and a cork board where the pictures of Kira's workers were pinned on.
 
Jimin inhaled the familiar scent of newly-opened box of papers that mixed perfectly with the smell of old books and coffee. He loved this smell, it makes him think of home---or at least a place where he can be at peace.
 
"You finally came." Kira smiled as Jimin sat on the chair in front of the elder man's table.
 
"I stick to my words." Jimin shrugged. "So, where's the client? I want to get this deal over with."
 
"She's in the conference room." kira pointed to the direction where the said room was.
 
"Sure. Be back in five." Jimin stood up.
 
"Jimin-ah." Kira called, making the younger boy stop on his tracks. It isn't everyday that the older man calls his name with so much affection.
 
"Neh, abeoji?" Jimin replied. Everyone in the company calls him 'Father' when they know Kira calls for it---which is very rare. Besides, everyone in the company were orphans and Kira had acted as their father since they all entered the company.
 
"I really think you should take this deal. Not because of the money but because I really think this contract will help you grow as a person..." Kira sighed. "And their family really needs you."
 
"I'll think about it." Jimin nodded.
 
"I hope you'd make the right decision." Kira then flicked his wrist, signalling that Jimin iis already free to go.
 
"I'll see you later... abeoji..." Jimin bowed and headed to the conference room.
 
 
Jimin walked into the conference room, his mind afloat, thinking about what Kira had told him.
 
"You must be Park Jimin..." A girl's voice had dragged him back to the office. Jimin blinked, focusing his mind onto the girl who seemed to look a little younger than he is.
 
She is beautiful, a real princess, indeed. Jimin's breath was caught in his throat as the girl's almond-shaped eyes held his own gaze.
 
"Uh... uh... yeah..." Jimin stuttered and held out his right hand.
 
"Daekyung. Lee Daekyung." The girl gave a corporate smile, making Jimin realize that their meeting was pure business.
 
"Let's get down to business, then." Jimin sat on one of the chairs when he regained his composure.
 
"I have printed out my personal version of the contract. Don't worry, it's almost the same as yours. I just added a few more conditions to protect the family." She pulled out pieces of paper from the envelope that she was holding.
 
"Hey, don't stress too much..." Jimin refused to accept the papers.
 
"What do you mean?" She raised her eyebrow.
 
"Look, there's a reason why I didn't show up when I was first called here." Jimin held her gaze. "I think you have been told that I'm supposed to take a break. So, excuse me, I still have to reschedule my flight." He made a move to walk out but she held on his wrist.
 
"Wait, I really need you. I can triple the pay if... if you want me to..." She looked at him with pleading eyes.
 
"Uh... no... I don't need the money. I just want a break."
 
"Please, I'll do anything..." She begged.
 
"Aish." Jimin let out a frustrated sigh and sat back down. "Look, I'm not doing this because you begged me. I'll do this for your grandparents. Since you really want me to work for you, then consider yourself lucky. I was really meaning to go on a vacation." Jimin took the contract and started reading its contents.
==================
============================================
 
first chapter up~ Thanks to my first two subs~ please read, comment and subscribe~ Thank you~ :)