Chapter 24

Stolen Heart

          Jong Kook was flustered because of what she said. He wants to kiss her back but he can’t. Sung Im parted her lips to him and hugs him until she fell asleep in his arms.

          “Why are you doing this Ji Hyo-yah?...Are you sincere with that?...Should I hold on to that?...If I did, would you promise that you won’t leave me again?...” he thought.

          Sung Im wakes up and her head aches a lot because of hangover. She sits on the bed thinking if what happen last night. She remembers everything. She quickly gets out of the room and look for him. He was in the living room setting the foods in the dining table.

            “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” she said and Jong Kook looks at her. “Breakfast is ready let’s eat…” he said and gave her a glass of water. “It has honey on it…for your hangover…” he said and sits. Sung Im also sits in front of him. He was just eating and didn’t even look at her. They finished eating without talking. Jong Kook gets the plates and walks to the kitchen then Sung Im followed him.

          “Jong Kook-ssi…” she calls him and he turns his head. “Why is there something you need?...” he asked. “About what happen and also what I said last night…” she paused. “Don’t worry it’s nothing I know it’s just an effect of the alcohol…You’re really drunk last night…” Jong Kook said.

          Sung Im felt irritated about what he said. “What?...Nothing?...So it’s really just nothing for you?...Damn Jong Kook-ssi!...I confesses my feelings for you last night and you will say it’s nothing…You’re so bad Kim Jong Kook-ssi…You’re really bad!...” she shouted at him and tried not to cry. It hurts her. She finds her courage to tell him but he didn’t care.

          Jong Kook looks at her with cold eyes. “How come you like me Sung Im-ssi?...You’re engaged with good man…so please stop acting like that…” he said.

          “I even don’t know why…It just happens…when I first met you I can’t erase you in my mind…I can’t stop thinking of you…and it’s crazy because I miss you…I tried everything but it’s useless…I’m sincere of what I say…I really like you and I think I l--…” Sung Im didn’t finish what she’s going to say because Jong Kook’s handphone suddenly rings.

          “Ne~ Dong Hoon-ah?...”

          “Hyung where are you? Why you didn’t go home yesterday?...”

          “I just went to some place…Why did you call? Is there something wrong?...”

          “Eun Hye-yah fainted again Hyung…”

          “What?...Where is she? Can I talk to her?...”

          “She’s still unconscious…It’s almost 2 hours since we bring her here but she’s still like this…The maid sees her lying on the ground near the pool…I didn’t told you Hyung but I always see her feeling dizzy…”

          “I’ll be there…Don’t leave her alone…Wait for me…” he said and hangs up.

          He looks at Sung Im. “I’ll be going…”

          “You’re really bad!...Get lost Kim Jong Kook!...I don’t want to see you again!…” she shouted then Jong Kook leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          After hours of driving, Jong Kook arrives at the hospital. He went straight to her room. He saw her lying in the bed still unconscious.

          “Hyung you’re here…”

          “How is she?...What do the Doctor said?...”

          “They do some tests the result will come out later…”

          They both sat. Jong Kook holds her hand. He noticed that she’s pale and she’s thinner. Why he didn’t notice it before? He’s really a bad person. Eun Hye always cares for him. But he didn’t give back.

          “I’m sorry…” he said as if she was hearing it.

          “Hyung where did you go?...You didn’t even told anyone of us…”

          “I went to Taebaek…”

          “Taebaek?...but why?...”

          “I want to be alone and think but Ji Hyo was also there…”

          “Ji Hyo?!...How come she was there?...Does her memories came back already?...”

          Jong Kook shakes his head. “Dong Hoon-ah what should I do?...I hurt her…I didn’t mean to but that’s the right thing to do…”

          “What are you talking about Hyung?...”

          “She has feelings for me…It’s a good sign right?...But why do I think that it’s wrong?...Should I really hold on to that?...But what if things gets worse?...She’s engaged…what should I do Dong Hoon-ah?...I’m really such a fool…but I think it’s better to let her hate me…because I reject her feelings…”

          “Hyung…even the mind forgets the heart will never forget…It’s her true feelings and it’s for you…You’re just scared…”

          “I am…I’m still…but I love her and it doesn’t change even a bit…” Jong Kook said.

          They didn’t know that Eun Hye heard it all and tears fall from her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~

          Sung Im dazed in space while she’s in her coffee shop. She didn’t even notice that Ji Min came.

          “Yah~!...” Ji Min said. Ji Min sat in front of her. “What’s wrong with you?...Where did you go?...” Ji Min asked.

          “Some place that makes me realized my feelings…”

          “Feelings?...What?...”

          “I think I’m falling in love to Kim Jong Kook…”

          “WHAAAT?!...” she almost stands in shocked. “I knew it will happen…but Sung Im-ah…it’s wrong…you’re already engaged…Don’t you love Ji Hoon anymore?...”

          “She’s special to me…but it’s not like before Ji Min-ah…Many things changed when I came back after the accident…”

          “Tell me…Does Kim Jong Kook-ssi has feelings for you?...”

          “He actually rejected me when I told him…He’s really a cold person…but it’s doesn’t change a thing I still feel the same…”

          “You’re really crazy Sung Im-ah…I’m your friend and I will understand what your decision is…but please think about it…”

~~~~~~~~~

           Sung Im gets the letter she found in her pouch bag and reads it again. Then she found something down at the left portion of the letter. ‘-KJK’

          “K J K…” she thinks. “Kim Jong Kook…”

          Flashback

          “Are you the Oppa that’s the woman is telling me?...” she asked.

          “No…it’s not me…Who is the woman are you referring to?...”

          “There is something strange…That woman knows me but she calls me with another name…She calls me Ji Hyo…It’s really strange…Jong Kook-ssi did you know who is the person living here?...and by the way why are you here?...”

          “I don’t know where he is…He’s a family friend…but I lived in Seoul and I don’t have any news about him either…I came here to visit him…”

          End of flashback

          She immediately rides into her car and drove to the Hotel. “I need to talk to him…I need to ask him everything…If I was right everything explains why I feel this way to him…” she thought.

          She increases her speed but then suddenly her head aches a lot and she loses control in the car. Then her car hits the pole and she lost her consciousness.

          “Kim Jong Kook…” her mind said.