Chapter 1 | Let The Date Begin!

Butterflies

The clock struck four o’clock. It’s late afternoon and I’m officially free from work. Friday night was about to start and so was my date with Jonghyun. After arriving home, I changed into a big ol’ t-shirt and wore it as a house dress. It was the least I could do to cope with the tiring day. Just as I sat on the couch, he texted: “Hey! I’ll be knocking on your door  at 6:30pm. Can’t wait to see you :)” Upon reading it, I shook my head and laughed in revel to his choice of words. I shut my eyes and tossed my head back. Little had I figured that it would lead me to nap.

“Beep, beep, beep..” I heard a ringing sound and quickly opened my eyes. To no avail, it was just my phone warning me of my drained battery. After going to plug it in, I looked to my wall clock. “6:28” I shrugged and went back to nap on the couch. A few minutes later, it came to my realization. “JONGHYUN.” I arose and yelped like a hypnotized zombie. Before I could get up and fix myself, he was knocking. “Sooyun!” I could hear him sing song my name through the door. “Shoot.” I looked around and stood up to get the door despite how horrid I looked. Unlocking the knob and letting him in, I hid behind the door— the only barrier that would hide the result of my failed planning. 
“What are you doing?” He asked, trying to peek at me.
“Oh nothing. I’m just standing. Breathing, if you will.” I smiled and chuckled a bit.
“I would hope you would be breathing.” He nodded and laughed along with me, “So, are ya ready to get going?” He raised his eyebrow with a zealous manner.
“Ermm.. about that; One moment!” I hopped from behind the door and dashed into my room, hoping he hadn’t seen what I was wearing. He raised an eyebrow and nodded slowly in amusement of how I was acting. “Take a seat, will you?” I turned around and insisted. 

It took me ten minutes or so to get ready; and for that fact, it was a great accomplishment in my book. “Ready!” I yelped as I looked in the mirror and brushed my hair. I waited for his response but— nothing. Little did I know that he was standing in my room's doorway, casually leaning on one side. "You look gorgeous." He spoke up, startling me more than it really should have.
 "Talking to yourself again, Jonghyun?" My wit got the best of me. He chuckled and walked towards me.
"No, stupid." He stood by my side, looking into the mirror with me. "I was referring to this girl." He poked my side.
I laughed, "Oh really now?" Looking his way, my antics pushed further. "Do you think I look gorgeous everyday?"
"Mmm… only today." He bluntly said and started fixing his hair in the mirror like the arrogant sloth he could be.
"You idiot." I playfully slapped his arm and laughed, causing him to break out a series of chuckles.

The next thing I knew, we were in his car, leaving our apartment complex. “So, where are we going for tonight?” I broke the silence that lingered for awhile.
“Well, since it technically is our first official date, I decided that a dinner would be an excellent idea. Don’t you think?”
“I think anything with food is an excellent idea.” I shrugged nonchalantly. “Though in all seriousness, I honestly think it was very thoughtful of you to take me out to dinner as our first date.” I grinned.
“Woah. Not even an hour yet and I’m already scoring compliments.” He nodded in awe, “Daebak.”
I rolled my eyes at him. It was only fair that I got enough of his wit as he did of mine. “If you weren’t driving, you’d totally be dead by now.”
“Well then, it must be my lucky day.” He winked at me as we reached a stoplight that couldn’t be timed any better.
“Talk about the bashful first date we’re not having.” I chuckled at the irony.


a/n It's about time I updated this thing. 
Sorry for the delay that has been on for nearly 4 months now.
Anyways, more chapters to come soon!