final

all things not gangster

It’s another typical day where Seunghyun decides to dress up in the most ridiculous way possible. Usually it was to impress Minhwan in some sort weird way, but today’s theme was just ridiculous. Usually it’d be something ridiculous like “I Am a Prince and I Am Here to Save My Princess” (every word needs to have a capital letter in the beginning, Seunghyun had insisted, or else it would lose its impacting effect, he explained) or the one time he thought it’d be wonderful to dress as a astronaut. He’s just glad that he hasn’t tried to dress as a hooker or pole dancer yet, but this is still one of his more embarrassing ideas. Minhwan covers his face with both hands, he has no clue what his boyfriend is thinking, but this has to be the most embarrassing thing he’s ever seen.

“Yo, Minhwan!” Seunghyun greets, he salutes to Minhwan and gives him a cheeky smile, “wassup ma brotha!”

Minhwan looks away, pretending that he wasn’t any bit related to the tall boy. Seunghyun was wearing a black shirt with his name imprinted in large letters, black basketball shorts with his musical troupe’s logo on it and ridiculous knee high socks with two blue stripes. To add to that embarrassment he was even wearing a bandana around his neck, at least he wasn’t wearing a gold necklace of sorts. That would be even worse.

Minhwan rubs his forehead and looks at the boy, “what the are you wearing, Seunghyun?”

“Um, honestly I don’t know, yo,” he says, scratching the back of his head, “but Sehyun said this would be ‘hella gangsta,’ or something like that, yo.” Oh so this wasn’t his idea, Minhwan thinks, still ridiculous. “I think we’re going for a gangster concept for our next performance, um, yo,” he adds.

Minhwan suddenly wants to go up to whoever decided this and slap some sense into them.  “Are you telling me there’s going to be more people dressed like that?”

“I think so, it was Jonghun and Hongki’s idea, mainly Hongki I think.” Seunghyun stares at Minhwan with large eyes, “am I not gangster enough? Should I speak in a more gangster way like, yo I’m gonna frick your shiz up!”

Minhwan says nothing and throws a heated glare at the two people, Jonghun and Jaejin if he recalls correctly, underneath the large oak tree. He was going to curse whoever came up with this idiotic concept, it was insanely idiotic. If they thought they were a genius, they need to rethink their life.

Seunghyun fidgets under the sudden silence and the heated glare Minhwan was giving to the tree. Did the tree do something to Minhwan to make him so angry? Minhwan shouldn’t be mad at the tree, trees are everyone’s friends, unless Minhwan was glaring at Jonghun who’s sitting right under the tree with Jaejin. That’d be a better person to glare at. Wait, why the wasn’t Jonghun and Jaejin wearing the clothing Seunghyun was wearing?

“Uh, Minhwan are you glaring at the tree, or Jonghun and Jaejin-hyung? Frick, yo.”

“Not the tree,” Minhwan says, “just Jonghun-hyung and stop adding yo at every end of your sentences.”

Seunghyun glances over at the couple and mumbles a “sorry”. They were laughing over something now, and looks back at Minhwan. “Why? Is it because they’re doing couple-y things, they’re not dating you know?” He gasps, “you aren’t jealous of them for doing couple-y things and that we’re not, are you?”

Minhwan says nothing and continues to stare at Jonghun until he notices him. Seunghyun gives his a frustrated pout and sits himself next to Minhwan and begins to poke at him.

Jaejin whispers something into Jonghun’s ear and Jonghun bursts out into loud, boisterous laughter, before giving a quick glance over in Minhwan and Seunghyun’s direction before bursting out laughing once more. Jaejin just chuckles quietly and says something to Jonghun. The other stops laughing, though you could visibly see that he was still trying to hold his laughter in, Jaejin just nudges him and he nods before standing up.

“How can they be so much more like boyfriends than us,” Seunghyun says with a scandalized expression, “Minhwan? Earth to Minhwan, did aliens abduct your brain? Stop glaring at Jonghun-hyung.” He looks up, “oh god they’re coming over here.”

“Hey you two,” Jonghun greets with a slightly forced smile, it was apparent he was trying to hold in his laughter for some reason.

“Hi Minhwan, hey Seunghyun,” Jaejin says, patting on his friend’s back.”

Minhwan looks up, “oh, hello Jonghun-hyung, Jaejin-hyung.”

He had expected the two to be wearing the same exact thing that Seunghyun was wearing, but they weren’t. Jonghun was wearing a striped shirt along with a grey cardigan and some black skinny jeans while Jaejin had a large black hoodie, a toque covering most of his hair  and grey, worn down jeans. The two older boys made Seunghyun stick out like a sore thumb. Why did he have to have such an embarrassing boyfriend?

“I thought you guys were still sitting over there,” the short boy says after staring at the two for a long time. “Like, under that tree.”

“We were,” Jonghun answers, “until Jaejin decided it was best for us to say hi to our two donsaengs.”

Seunghyun stares at Jonghun with large eyes. “Where are clothes Hongki gave you,” he whispers. “I thought we were supposed to be one, hyung.”

Minhwan raises a brow, “didn’t you say that Jonghun suggested the clothing also?”

“Hongki said that he and—“

“He threw me into it so that if no one liked it, I’d also get the blame with him,” Jonghun explains, “which was an move.”

“Oh,” Seunghyun looks down at his feet, “oh, but why aren’t you guys wearing it? We’re supposed to be one,” he whines.

“It was embarrassing, Seunghyun, we took it off when Hongki left.”

Jaejin nods, “we wouldn’t walk around wearing shirts with our names on it.”

Seunghyun pouts and crosses his arms. “You guys , what are you going to do when we have to perform?” He gasps and hits Jonghun’s head, “are you guys going to play hooky? Don’t tell me you’re going to go into Narnia and make-out! That’s my place to kiss Minhwan a lot!”

“Seunghyun,” Minhwan hisses out, “shut up.”

“No Minhwan, honey, they cannot take claim to Narnia where all the magical things happen.”

“They aren’t even dating!”

“You never know, the dating fairy could’ve casted a spell on them and bam, they’re dating.”

Jaejin blinks, “um.”

“Shhh, Jaejin-hyung, I’m having my daily argument with Minhwan,” Seunghyun whispers.

“We should just, uh.” Jaejin scratches the back of his head, “leave.” He pushes Jonghun away from the couple, “come on, let’s go.”

“Hyung, this is really amusing,” Jonghun says, trying to get back to the arguing couple, “wait hyung, no, Jaejinnie.”

“You are a responsible adult,” Jaejin scolds, “let’s go back to the others and see if they haven’t caught the studio on fire, yet.”

“You’re the most responsible in our entire troupe!”

Jaejin continues to push Jonghun away from the couple, as Sehyun walks by. He glances over at Jaejin and Jonghun then to Seunghyun and Minhwan. The younger boy ruffles his hair and laughs at the sight of Seunghyun spewing out something along the lines of magical fairies and Narnia.

“Seunghyun! Don’t forget the gangster speak,” he yells out.

“Oh yeah, thanks Sehyun, bro!” Seunghyun yells back, “as I was saying bro, the dating fairies totally casted a dating spell on Jonghun and Jaejin-hyung, ya hear me, yo?”

Minhwan groans, “why are you even my boyfriend?”