Flowers in our street

♧ Flower JERK Next Door

CHAPTER 1

 

 

Steps. Steps. Someone walking through those green paths. Light steps. Perfumed frarance. Golden wavy hair and almond shiny eyes. It only pointed for one thing. A flower was there. Her name was Kim Taeyeon, a normal girl. She had moved onto that calm street for less than a week. She was 21 years old, and she didn't even had a fixed job. She was worried about much: about how she would pay the rent, how she would convince her mother that she was alright, and how she would get a job and get married in those conditions, like she promised her mother. Her mind was out of that moment and she only could look down to the groceries packs.

"I still have 50.000 won..." she mumbled. "Maybe i can get enough money untill the end of the month..."

While her thoughts started invading her mind of worries and concerns, a smart guy approched her, walking in the same direction. Both seemed to pay no attention to the steps they were steping on. Both with heavy looks on. Both with the same mumbles. When two different perfumes mix up, they create a big blast and crush...

"A~H!" Taeyeon scremed falling down. "What are you? A psycho? You made me drop my shops! Aishhhh..."

"Oh, jaesonghamnida! I'll help you." he quickly responded, taking the groceries from the concrete road. "Are you ok, agashi?"

"Aish!" Taeyeon replied and quickly ran away.

"What's up with her?" Baekhyun stranged pouting.

Taeyeon angrily put down her shops in the desk.

"What's that guy? I messed my shops! Aish... Aish!" she complained rubbing her head. Taeyeon looked around the small compartment. She walls were falling down and the ink was still fresh and wet.

"When's this going to dry out?" she mumbled.

That room has been rented by her to stay there while she was looking for a job and partner in Seoul. In fact, Taeyeon told her mother she had found a beautiful 'cube house' near the central garden to stay. It was near a beautiful garden, but it wasn't a 'cube house'. It was a mere room in horrible conditions. It stinked there too. Taeyeon sighed from minute to minute. She knew that if she didn't keep the promise she would go back to the farm and work as a cattleman. Just thinking about that, she had headaches. Then, she looked at her checkbook. Not much money, though, the enough to sustain during a month.

"It's official, I'm back to that stinky farm..." she sighed. Suddenly, her phone rang. "No, mom!"

She quickly attended.

"Hi mom!"

"What are you doing right now?"

"I'm... in my office. Working tough."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah~ i have an office only for me."

"Really? You must have a really important job. What's the company?"

"Coffee&Mates?"

"Yea? Oh, alright. And what about the earnings?"

"The enough for a month."

"Oh, ok. Then I'll leave you working. Make your mummy proud, ok, Taeyeonnie?"

"Sure. Bye, I love you." she said ending the call. "AHHHHHHH! Why?"

The next day, Taeyeon grabbed a newspaper and sat at the outside of a coffee shop.

"Ok, let's see... fine jobs... part-time in the Mc? Nope. 'Hiring new employees at the central coffee shop'? YES! Where is it? Wait... isn't it here?"

Taeyeon looked behind her and saw a huge papercard:

HIRING NEW EMPLOYEES NOW!

"Why didn't I notice it before?" she smirked, excited. She entered to ask for an audition, when she saw a huge queue full of pretty women, ready to do an audition. They brought giant cvs with them too. Taeyeon facepalmed herself and went back to the outside. "How can I compete with them?" she sighed. "Maybe's way better to fight for a spot than standing here wih my arms crossed..."

Taeyeon immediately asked for a cv, filled it up and went back the next day to do an audition. She didn't have fancy clothes like the other applicants, but she was quite pretty, though.

smtown-iam-taeyeon-1.jpg

Taeyeon, as you know, is a strong and independent girl. If something bad happens, she's the type of person that can deny all her feelings and show that she's untouched by that matter. But this time, she couldn't hide her nerves for the first time. She was so nervous that she couldn't even breath. Even if it's only a part-time job, it's a lifetime oportunity for her, so she wanted to reach it at all the costs. 

"Numbers 22 and 23, you are the last ones. Enter please." the boss said.

Taeyeon took and deep breath and entered the auditions room.

"How old are you?" she asked Taeyeon.

"I'm 21 ma'am." Taeyeon nervously answered.

"Let me see your cv."

Taeyeon gave her the empty paper.

"Why don't you have anything here?" the boss asked. "Are you playing with us?"

"No, ma'am. The truth is that I don't have any experience. This is my first real job."

The boss stared at her with curiosity.

"Let's just interview the other one." the other judge whispered.

"No. Hum... Kim Taeyeon-shi?"

"Ne?"

"How much do you want this job? Why do you need it?"

"I have my rent to pay and my dream to realize in Seoul. If you give me this shot, I'll be you enternally greatful."

"Hm, I see... You're hired, Kim Taeyeon-shi. You're the 15th employee here. Congratulations."

"What? I... I'm hired?" Taeyeon asked dumbfounded. "Then, when do I start?"

"Tomorrow at 8. Sharp." she smiled.

"Thank you very much! I'll give my best!" Taeyeon smirked.

Taeyeon was so happy that she went home jumping around.

"Kim Taeyeon! Your future started, you can't mess up, or I won't forgive you. Understand?" she mumbled for herself.

While that, the guy with whom Taeyeon crossed the other day, was staring at the rooftop of her apartment. Actually, she was staying there, in the attic of the building. His name was Byun Baekhyun, and he was in the same situation than her. He had ran off his house to Seoul and said he would live alone. But he hadn't found a house to stay yet. He thought there woud be a nice place, once that is at the rooftop, it's quite cheap and people wouldn't like that kind of small compartment. He went upstairs to see the price and visit it as well.

As the door was unlocked, Baekhyun entered. The room was dark and he groping to find some kind of switch. He turned the lights on and for his surprise, he found a person inside it.

"AHHHHH!" a girl voice screamed. Baekhyun startled and stood behind. "Are you crazy? Get out of here!"

"No! You're not understanding!" Baekhyun explained while he was being beaten by the angry Taeyeon.

"How could you enter in the others' house? Are you a preverted or what? Such a psycho..."

Just then, Taeyeon reminded that big 'jerk' of the groceries scene.

"You..."

"You..."

"You! Are you again? What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked.

"I thought this house was for rent."

"Why did you think that?"

"Because, you know... no one would want to live in a house like this." Baekhyun replied.

"And you want?" she asked.

"Well... I think I don't have another choice." he said. "I don't have money neither a good job."

"Really? Me either." she replied.

"Ok, sorry for the bother. I'm going..."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I'll keep chasing for a house." he answered leaving.

"What a strange guy..." Taeyeon mumbled thoughtful.

The next day, Taeyeon woke up early, though, she couldn't sleep well last night because of that guy. Maybe she should help him to find a house. But she was now very busy because of the job. It was her first day of hard work.

"Annyeonghashimnikka?" Taeyeon greeted.

"Good morning, Miss Kim. You're 3 minutes late. I thought I'd specifically told you that your working time started at 8 a.m. sharp... What happened?"

"Hm... I..."

"Beginner mistake, I see... Ok, you'll be in charge of serving and attending the costumers. One flaw, and you're out, understood?"

"Ye... I think I did." she mumbled.

"Well done. Let's start!"

Taeyeon was excited at first, but she knew things were getting worse... She wasn't expecting that a simple part-time like that could be so confusing and tiring.

"Table 3, no sugar, two mocha lattes, 1 espresso, scum and bubbles. Quick quick quick."

Taeyeon was completely lost on that huge coffee shop. It was perhaps bigger than a palace! So many requests at the same time, that the only thing she was able to do, were mistakes.

"Three ice coffees and banana cakes for table 11, a pack of sugar for table 5 and 7."

Cafe-Mocha---Butterscotch-Macchiato-LattLatte%20in%20a%20Glass.jpg1342243202Ice%20Coffee.jpg

"Miss Taeyeon, it's up to you. C'mon."

Taeyeon was shaking. She didn't know anything about coffees. She only could see the same coffee going out of the kitchen repeatedly.

"Is it coming?" the costumers asked.

"Is it going to take long?" 

Taeyeon didn't know what to do. She was being smashed by the comments of the costumers that slowly started leaving.

"Where's the coffee?"

"Miss Taeyeon! Why aren't you serving anything? The costumers are leaving! What are you going to do? Our reputation is over!"

"Where's the music you promised?" other costumer complained.

"Did you check the list?" the boss mumbled for the assistant.

"Yes. Roy Kim isn't singing today... He got hit by a car yesterday."

"And you didn't hire someone else to play?"

"No, I'm sorry. The singers were all unavailable."

"What are we going to do?" 

"Just fire the new employee, she's ruining everything."

"Ok, then. Miss Taeyeon, come here!" the boss called.

"Did you call me, ma'am?" 

"I'm sorry, you're fired. Take your apron off, please." the boss said.

"What? But... I'm sorry for what's happening right now, but I don't know anything about coffees. If you could give me another chance, I-"

"I said if you did a small mistake you would be out."

"But isn't there something I could at least do?"

"We're out of music, can you do something about it? No? That's what I thought."

"Wait. I could sing something!" Taeyeon said.

"What?"

"What's the song?"

Taeyeon stood in front of the stage.

"Hi everyone! Today I'm singing 'It Rains' by Kang Seung Yoon. I hope you enjoy it." she smiled. She music started and she took a deep breath. 

"Past the window, a sad rain falls
The wind that blows behind the door steals the tears of the window
The gifts I prepared for you, the letter with my confession
They have nowhere to go and are only gathering dust

Who will know my heart?
Who will listen to my words?
Those hands that melted me, that soft voice
The fact that those things aren’t mine anymore
Gives me a hard time especially today

It’s raining in my heart, it’s raining coldly
It’s raining in my heart, it’s raining again today

A dark shadow comes down in my room
The clock that shines with the moonlight has stopped at the day we broke up
The times I lived for you, my heart that held you
They have no owner and are only embracing the wind

Who will know my heart?
Who will listen to my words?
Even my rough lips, even my cold heart
Still look for only you
I miss you even more today

It’s raining in my heart, it’s raining coldly
It’s raining in my heart, it’s raining again today

Now I know that I can’t see you but
It feels like you’ll come here again
The rain falls and the wind blows
But there is no place to hide and my heart freezes

It’s raining in my heart, it’s raining coldly
It’s raining in my heart, it’s raining again today

The gifts I prepared for you, the letter with my confession
They have nowhere to go and are only gathering dust

Thank you."

After the applauses, Taeyeon talked to the boss.

"Thank you so much for the opportunity. I'll work harder in my life. Thank you." she said leaving the cafe.

"That girl has potential..." the boss mumbled.

Taeyeon had lost her job, but still, she had confidence now and was ready for what the future waited for... 

 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

 

[A/N] Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the very first chapter of "Flower JERK next door"! This chap was to introduce Taeyeon's life and her future decision. Further, we will see the appearence of the rest of the character, so stay tuned on my first fanfiction! :) Thank you so much for reading FJND and I hope you see you in the next chapter! Support us and comments are welcome too^^