Be Mine

Be Mine

She slowly trudged along the familiar trail, once again trying to shake off the heart shattering thoughts that haunted her again. The sunset had brightly lit up the sky and she looked around at the beauty of it. It was the path she took every day after work, and every day that she walked down there, she tried to walk as fast as possible. Some days, distractions weren’t enough for the memories she couldn’t erase. There was something even harder though, it was trying to delete him. Clutching onto her bag, her steps gradually became slower as memories started to fill her mind. She tried to shake them off although it wasn’t working and so she decided to take it easy and to just let her feelings return once again. The warm summer air reminded her off one specific time, in fact, one of very happy time. Tears were beginning to fill her eyes but she tried to stay strong. She had nearly finished walking through the path and as it was nearly coming to an end and she let out a sigh of relief. Looking up, she sighted a familiar figure in the distance. Squinting her eyes as she paced herself forward, it became clear to her who this person was. She breathed in, knowing she wasn’t ready for this. Not here, not now, not anytime really did she want to see this. The person she was still madly in love with, was there with someone else, holding hands hands as they walked happily together down the large path overlooking the sunset. After blinking her eyes, tears were now threatening to fall as she faced the cold reality. Her steps came to a standstill as she stared at the two of them. Honestly, she felt jealous and envied her right to the bone. All she wanted was to be in that girl’s position but right now she felt like she didn’t have hope.

Snapping out of her line of vision, she looked around and noticed stares from other people coming her way. They were wondering why she was standing still like that, if maybe she felt sick or something. She found herself and started to walk again. As she was nearing the pair, her feelings were overwhelming and she felt as if she couldn’t control them anymore. Staring at them fantasizing in their own world, she was getting closer but couldn’t handle it. Tears were streaming down her face and she couldn’t help it.

All of a sudden, the girl with Soohyun turned around and made eye contact with her. Seeing as she was still staring, Soohyun also turned around to face her. She looked him directly in the eye, not worrying about her tear stained face. The face she wore showed it all. How much she missed him. How much she needed him back. How much she loved him.

Soohyun’s face was blank as he let go of the girl’s hand. The stare in his eyes looked as if all of the fun was wiped clear from his bright face. Staring into his eyes once again, she couldn’t stop crying. Soohyun suddenly grabbed the girl’s hand and decided to keep on walking with her. She followed his eyes until they broke eye contact and Soohyun had turned around now. She stared at the two of them with even more tears running. Thoughts ran through her head.

“Why her.. why not me Soohyun...” She softly said but her sobs made her sound louder.

Soohyun stopped his feet from walking any further. He’d heard what you said. He turned around and began to walk slowly towards you.

“Soohyun oppa! Who is this! Let’s go!” The girl began nagging as she followed Soohyun’s slow steps, trying to look into his eyes.

She was shocked when she saw Soohyun had turned around. Not only that but he was now walking towards her. She looked up into his eyes and bit her lip. She couldn’t take the pain she was feeling right now, it was all too much. As he got closer, the girl grabbed on to his arm.

“Oppa, what are you doing? Who is this!?” Her grip tightened on his arm. He didn’t react at first but when she cried out “oppa” again, he yanked his arm away. The girl was left shocked, was open staring at Soohyun.

“Just give me a second!” Soohyun shouted back at the girl.

Soohyun was still getting closer to her. She still intensely looked into his eyes as if she was oblivious to what was going on around her. He stopped getting closer and brought up his hands and placed them on her shoulders. She felt her heart beating but her emotions were still pouring out.

Soohyun moved his face closer to your ear. “Let go of me..” His soft breath lingered against her ear as he whispered the words she didn’t ever want to hear. Her eyes welled up even more. What he said what something impossible. She couldn’t, not even in a thousand years. Nothing would be able to bring her away from him. Even if he left, she’d still be there. She would never leave him, she needed him.

“I can’t”, She said as he was still there.

“I’m sorry.” Soohyun lowered his hands off her shoulders. She felt like he was really leaving her for good. Her tears didn’t stop now. Soohyun was about to take a step back but she grabbed a hold of his shirt in the middle.

“Don’t go, please”, She was begging now and she stared the her grip as it became tighter.  Soohyun didn’t budge and was still staring at her. He seemed to be surprised at the state she was in. Was this really how much she needed him? His eyes started to well up but he looked up and bit his lip to try and relieve the pressure.

He inched closer again and brought his hand up to lift up her face. As he looked into her eyes, he felt tears forming in his eyes again.

“I can’t let you go Soohyun...” She tried to say through her soft cries.

He cupped her face and used his thumb to wipe some of the wetness accumulated on her face.

“Then can you do one thing”, He tried to say confidently but a tear fell out of his eye.

“Stay with me Soohyun, please..” She pleaded, looking into his eyes.

“Promise me you’ll be mine forever...” He closed his eyes and a tear fell out as he gently pressed his lips against yours. 

 

 

 


Like it? Comment!! Let me know what you think! Thanks! Also, this is part of my English narrative but I continued it and made it into a fan fic... heheh!