Trust Is A Fragile Thing!?

Korean Gokusen - The Flower Boys of 3-D

It had been a bit over a week since Hana had joined the trouble class 3-D. Somehow she had become a part of the group with the leaders of the class, a group of 6 guys who where the best fighters. The leader of the group and of the class, a guy named Kim Woo Bin, was also the one she had bumped into on her first day at the school. The second in command seemed to be a guy named Roh Ji Hoon. He seemed like a nice guy who would do anything for his friends yet he didn’t seem to be very keen on the idea that the teacher was female. What Hana had understood from some of the others in the group, was that Ji Hoon is a player who didn’t trust women.

The school day had just finished and the guys had asked her to join them for some food at their usual meeting spot, the father of Ji Hoon’s restaurant. Since she had nothing else to do, she had agreed to join the guys. She knew she would go mental if she were just going to be at home, sitting in her room doing nothing. As they entered the restaurant the owner welcomed them with a smile, and showed them to their usual table. As soon as he saw Hana he looked towards his son hoping his son would introduce him to his new friend. Ji Hoon sighed.

“Dad, this is the new transfer student who joined our class, Kang Ji Hyuk.” Ji Hoon said as he sat down beside Hana and Woo Bin. “Hi.” Hana said before slightly bowing her head to Ji Hoon’s father. “Nice to meet you.” Ji Hoon’s father said smiling. The guys ordered some food and drinks and Ji Hoon’s father went out into the kitchen to make it. It didn’t take long before their food and drinks was served. Hana was happy that the restaurant offered Japanese foods as well, so she could get some of the dishes she so missed. She had ordered Okonomiyaki. As much as she loved Korean foods, Okonomiyaki was still one of her favourite dishes.

The guys were chatting happily with each other while they ate; yet Hana didn’t say anything and just concentrated on her foods. She noticed how Ji Hoon also seemed very fixated on his food and not his usual chatty self. Hana saw that she wasn’t the only one who was observant of the guy sitting beside her, since Woo Bin was also looking attentively at his best friend.

“Is something wrong?” Woo Bin asked his friend. Ji Hoon looked up at Woo Bin and just shook his head and smiled before returning to eat his kimchi fried rice dish. The four other guys, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Joon, Lee Hong Ki and Kim Young Kwang didn’t hear anything Woo Bin had said as they where busy discussing about women and their favoured sizes, earning them a sigh from Hana. Hana hoped no one had noticed her sigh and silently looked around, no one was taking notice of her, so it seemed it had gone by unnoticed, much to her relief.

After they where done eating the guys decided to go to a nearby arcade to have some fun. Hana was about to refuse but Jong Suk and Joon didn’t take no for an answer and literally dragged her along with them. As soon as they arrived at the arcade the guys began finding machines to play and they where all having a great time, even Ji Hoon seemed more like him, yet Hana didn’t participate and just watched the guys. “I shouldn’t be here…” Went through Hana’s head the whole time as she watched the guys having a great time. She felt guilty.

After what seemed like an hours time the guys and Hana was disturbed by a group of guys who came up to them. They looked kind of pissed off. “What are you guys doing here? It is our turf so piss off.” The front guy said clearly angry. Woo Bin just smirked and looked at him not saying anything. This seemed to piss the guy off even more and he punched out for Woo Bin, yet he missed as Woo Bin effortlessly dodged the punch. After that Woo Bin just turned around and motioned for the rest to follow, leaving the gang behind in the arcade.

As soon as Hana and the others where out of the arcade and out of earshot from the gang Jong Suk, Joon, Ji Hoon and Hong Ki broke out in laughter. “God I will never forget the face XiuMin made when you dodged his punch Woo Bin.” Ji Hoon said wiping some tears from his eyes, which had been produced by his laughter. Hana looked at them questioningly. “XiuMin?” Sounded her simple and short question. Young Kwang who was walking beside Hana looked at her. “XiuMin is the rival of Woo Bin and the leader of a gang called EXO.” Her short question was answered with a short answer from Young Kwang. Hana nodded understandingly. Shortly after the guys said their goodbye to each other and split up to go home.

The clock was already past 7 PM when Hana finally arrived back at the apartment. When she opened the door and had just stepped into the apartment, she could hear small footsteps coming her way, and soon after a little girl was hugging her legs smiling. Ji Hwan followed suit and came to greet Hana. “Welcome home.” Sarang said smiling to Hana. “Thanks.” Hana said with a small smile before returning the hug. “Have you eaten dinner yet?” Ji Hwan asked smiling. Hana just nodded and took off her shoes before returning to her room.

As soon as she was in her room she threw the bag on the floor and herself on the bed. She was beginning to feel more and more guilty and dearly hoped that the guys in her class and the teachers wouldn’t find out about her secret so that she wouldn’t have to tell them everything. She felt bad for lying to them and it was making her feel so mentally tired. She slowly sat up on the bed as she recalled the expression that Ji Hoon had been having most of the day. He had seemed so deep in thought most of the day that even Woo Bin had noticed. To Hana, Woo Bin seemed uninterested in everything and just slept through most classes. She was beginning to see Woo Bin more humanly now, as she had realised he really cared for his friends.

Suddenly Hana’s mobile phone rang startling her. She looked at the caller ID, immediately a smile came to her face and she took the call. “Yah, why haven’t you called me yet!? It has already been over a week since you came to Korea, yet you haven’t even sent me as much as one text message!” A female voice was heard over the phone. Hana smiled at her friend’s hysterical outburst. “I missed you.” Hana said making her friend silent. “What’s the matter?” Her friend asked concerned. “I’m fine, don’t worry Nana…Sorry I didn’t call or text you after I arrived to Korea.” Hana said not wanting her best friend to worry about her. Nana had been Hana’s best friend since childhood.

They had first met when Hana and her parents lived in Korea where they went to kindergarten together. Later they met again when both their families had moved to Japan and they ended up attending the same class in middle school there. Nana’s parents where Japanese. Her father was working for the Japanese embassy in Korea but later returned to work in Japan again. After Nana had finished middle school, they had moved back to Korea, so Nana could attend high school. Hana and Nana still kept regular contact via the Internet or calling each other. Nana was also the only one besides the police who knew to Hana’s secret.

The next morning Hana woke up when the sun was shining through the windows and onto her. She sat up taking her phone and looking at the clock. It was Saturday so they had no school today. It was only 8 AM yet she knew she was unable to sleep more, so she just decided to get dressed and start her day. She dressed up in a pair of pants and a shirt. She had to dress as a guy since she had promised to meet up with the other guys later in the day. As soon as she had come out of her room she could smell the food that Ji Hwan was in the middle of cooking in the kitchen. She still had to get used to people being at home in the morning. Her parents would always have left for work when she woke up. It was only on Sundays her parents would be home.

As she came into the living room she saw Sarang sitting by the table drawing. She smiled to herself and sat down next to the young girl. “What are you drawing?” Hana asked looking at the drawing that to most people would just seem like splashes of colours and some stick men and women. Sarang looked up at Hana and smiled. “I’m drawing mom, dad, me and you having a picnic.” Sarang said as she continued her drawing. “I see. It is a very pretty drawing.” Hana said sincerely. Sarang seemed to give Hana a sense of calmness and would make her thoughts on the murder go away.

Before Hana could do or say anything more her phone began ringing again. She quickly picked up the phone not looking at the caller ID. “Yes?” Hana said waiting for someone to say who they where. “Have you seen Ji Hoon?” A male voice asked on the other end of the line. It took a moment for Hana to recognize the voice. “No I haven’t. I thought he would be with you or that you of all people would know, since you are best buddies.” Hana answered the question Woo Bin had asked. She could hear him sigh in concern. “What happened?” Hana then asked. “We can’t find Ji Hoon. Meet us at the park near the school.” Was all Woo Bin said before ending the call. Hana quickly got on her legs, got her bag and jacket before taking on her shoes. “Ji Hwan I will be leaving now.” Before Ji Hwan could stop her and protest she was already out the door. Ji Hwan sighed.

As Hana reached the meeting point Woo Bin, Jong Suk, Joon, Young Kwang, Hong Ki and HaNeul met her. Hana looked at HaNeul, she thought is was weird that their homeroom teacher was they’re considering that the whole class seemed like they didn’t really trust her. She knew that the whole class had experienced things which had made them loose trust in teachers, yet somehow it made her happy inside that they had included the teacher anyway. It meant that they where slowly earning their trust back in teachers, or at least in HaNeul. Hana noticed another thing in the corner of the eyes that made her smirk to herself, yet it was quickly gone again when she remembered why they had all met up.

“The rest should be here in a minute.” Hong Ki said referring to the rest of the class.  After waiting a couple of minutes the rest of their classmates came, yet some of them where beaten up. Immediately as HaNeul saw this she ran up to some of them assisting them and kept asking what had happened. “When searching for Ji Hoon, we where suddenly attacked by Tao, Kris, Luhan and Kai of EXO.” One of them said. “We where ambushed by Suho, Lay, Sehun and Chen.” Another said. “They seem to be more violent and angrier today than usual and it seems it is linked to Ji Hoon.” A third said while tending to his black eye. “That must mean that the four others are with Ji Hoon.” Joon said clenching a fist in anger to see his classmates beaten up. HaNeul was getting more and more confused with all the names and this ‘mysterious’ EXO gang.

“But what do EXO want with Ji Hoon?” Hana finally asked not able to hold the question in anymore. She was so curious to know the connection between the guys of EXO and 3-D. It seemed like the two groups knew each other more personally that just knowing them because EXO didn’t want 3-D on their so called turf. At first no one answered but then Jong Suk decided to speak up for the group. “We used to know them from middle school. They all went to the same class as me, Woo Bin, Ji Hoon, Hong Ki, Joon and Young Kwang. They met the rest of the class when we first entered high school. Because we split ways after middle school we sort of became distant and it seemed like they began hating us.” “I see, so where do we find them, or where could they have taken Ji Hoon?” HaNeul then spoke up for the first time after the shock of seeing her precious student beaten up.

Woo Bin didn’t answer HaNeul’s question before he ran off. Hana and the others ran after him, yet some of the guys from the class stayed back as they would only be a burden to the others because of their wounds, if a fight where to break out, which was most likely to happen. Woo Bin stopped running as he arrived at an old warehouse that had clearly not been used for a long period of time. Soon the rest of the guys, Hana and HaNeul arrived. “They should be here…” Woo Bin finally said after some moments of silence. They suddenly heard a loud noise from inside the warehouse. Woo Bin took the initiative and kicked the door in making a huge amount of noise. As they all entered the warehouse they saw all the guys from EXO standing in a ring and on the floor was Ji Hoon, beaten up.

“Let him go.” Woo Bin said as he went over to XiuMin, who just laughed. “He deserves it. That bastard hurt my little sister.” XiuMin just said smiling yet with anger in his voice. “I thought you knew him better than this.” Woo Bin suddenly said earning him a confused look from XiuMin. “What do you mean?” He said still anger showing in his voice. “I thought you remembered Ji Hoon has no trust in women.” Woo Bin continued and it took XiuMin by surprise. There was silence for a minute while XiuMin gathered his thoughts. “Thi-This doesn’t change anything!!” XiuMin said breaking the silence. He was about to kick Ji Hoon in anger again when HaNeul suddenly stood in front of him, blocking his kick. “Don’t even think about hurting my precious student.” She said with clear dominance in her voice. Her action had taken everyone by surprise even the stone-faced Woo Bin.

“Step away teacher, this isn’t a classroom. You might end up getting hurt for meddling in things you shouldn’t be meddling in.” XiuMin said and it was clear in his voice that he was getting very annoyed, yet HaNeul could see in his eyes that he was confused and kind of lonely. “I will protect my students no matter what. Why are you so angry that he rejected your sister? Do you not wish to see your little sister happy with someone who trusts her? Have you even wondered about the reason why he rejected her in the first place?” HaNeul asked looking straight into XiuMin’s eyes. “I care about my sister which is why I am so angry at that bastard for breaking her heart.” XiuMin said yet his comment just earned him a small laugh from HaNeul. “What are you laughing at?” XiuMin asked getting annoyed at the interference of a teacher.

“I am obviously laughing at you. You should know Ji Hoon better than I, yet I seem to understand him more than you. You used to be friends so you should know that he rejected your sister because he doesn’t want to hurt her feelings.” HaNeul said in a matter of fact voice. XiuMin didn’t look HaNeul in the eyes anymore but was staring at Ji Hoon. “It’s the truth.” Ji Hoon finally said before slowly sitting up, clearly pained by the kicks and punches he had received. “Besides I don’t see a reason to hurt a friends little sister.” Ji Hoon said after a while before smiling at XiuMin. “Even if we split ways for high school we still see you as friends…” Woo Bin said helping Ji Hoon up from the floor he was sitting on. “Why?” XiuMin asked suddenly yet all his anger was gone and his voice seemed to show a bit of regret. “Friendship is stronger than you think.” HaNeul then said giving a pad on XiuMin’s shoulder before she and the rest of the class walked out of the warehouse.

“So what is the deal with you not trusting girls?” HaNeul asked as they had gotten out of the warehouse and was on their way home. “My mom left me and my father when I was young after we found out she was cheating with another man, while also stealing money from my father. And my first love ended fast when the girl I was dating showed out to only date me because of a bet and that she was dating someone else at the same time.” Ji Hoon simply said. “I see, no wonder you lost your trust in women. But not everyone is like that.” HaNeul smiled at Ji Hoon. “How can you be so sure of that?” Ji Hoon said raising an eyebrow at HaNeul who was deep in thought figuring out what to answer. “But thanks. Even though I still don’t trust you, thanks for sticking out for me. Even if what you said was actually a lie.” Ji Hoon then said earning him the pleasure of seeing HaNeul getting a shock. “What do you mean by that?” Hana asked curiously. “I rejected the girl because she didn’t look pretty enough and she was way too clingy. At first I didn’t know it was XiuMin’s younger sister until after I had rejected her.” Ji Hoon answered honestly. Woo Bin just smirked after seeing HaNeul’s face which clearly showed that she was dumbfounded.

Suddenly they heard a honk from a car. They stopped up and looked in the direction of the sound. Before anyone could respond HaNeul ran past them all and up to the man stepping out of the police car. “Officer Kang!” HaNeul said as she came up to him with an overly unnatural feminine voice. “Nice to see you again miss Kim HaNeul.” Ji Hwan said politely while smiling to the teacher who now seemed to act like a high school girl in love, despite her being in her late 20’ties.

Hana noticed Woo Bin’s reaction when HaNeul saw the police officer. She smirked to herself, which Woo Bin noticed. “What?” Woo Bin said curiously and a bit annoyed. “Nothing…” Hana just said still smirking. She walked a bit faster. “Ji Hwan…Hyung.” Hana said as she came closer to Ji Hwan and HaNeul. Hana had a hard time not laughing at the reaction she got from her classmates, especially from Woo Bin and HaNeul.

This might not be so bad after all…despite the guilt she felt towards the class.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since JenJen is currently busy with her studies and i didn't want to put more stress on her this chapter hasn't yet been beta read. 
When JenJen has time and isn't so stressed this chapter will most likely be beta read and then corrected for mistakes (which i know there is).
I don't really like the title of this chapter so i might change that later when i find a name i like better XD

Sorry it has taken a while to update. I hope to be able to post chapter 3 in about a weeks time.