Secrets Part 1

Korean Gokusen - The Flower Boys of 3-D

After a couple of days in bed pretending to be sick, Hana decided that it probably was for the best that she finally went to school again. She could feel that Ji Hwan was becoming more and more worried and she feared he also was becoming suspicious of her behavior.

When her alarm went off, she slowly sat up in bed. Her body was aching after several sleepless nights filled with nightmares. Hana went to take a bath before she changed into her school uniform and wig. As she exited her room she was met by a worried Ji Hwan. She looked up at him.

“Are you ok?” Ji Hwan asked with worry. Hana just smiled and nodded before walking to the kitchen followed by Ji Hwan. “Sure, you are ok? You are usually more talkative in the morning.” Ji Hwan continued.

“Yes. Sorry. Just a bit tired still.” Hana finally said after noticing how worried Ji Hwan was for her. She gave him a smile. “Thanks for the support the last couple of days. I needed it.” Ji Hwan gave her a pat on the back.

“I am and always will be there for you.” Ji Hwan said with sincerity. Hana gave him another smile before sitting down to eat her breakfast while Ji Hwan made her a lunchbox.

“Hana!” Sarang said with a big smile as she entered the kitchen and saw Hana was up and about. Hana picked her up so that Sarang was sitting on her lap and smiled to her.

“Did you miss me?” Hana asked as she hugged Sarang who hugged her back.

“Yes! Dad isn’t as fun to play with.” Sarang answered making Ji Hwan look at her with a mock hurt expression making Sarang and Hana laugh.

After eating her breakfast Hana bid farewell to Ji Hwan and Sarang and went on her way to school. She was still perplexed about the whole situation with HaNeul. How would she react when she saw her?

Hana arrived early at the school and it would most likely last at least half an hour before other students started to arrive, other than those who had club activities before classes. She decided to wait on the school roof for the class to start instead of in the class. As she opened the door to the school roof Hana was met with a familiar figure. WooBin was standing with his back towards the door looking out on the school grounds. When he heard the door closing, he turned to look who it was. Hana fidgeted a bit.

“…Hi.” Hana greeted after a minute just standing there.

“Morning.” WooBin answered. “You came early. Feeling better?”

“Yes…you are early as well.” Hana answered as she walked over to stand next to WooBin.

“I woke up early.” WooBin just answered like it was normal. Hana just nodded. Silence fell between them. Hana was in deep thought. Should she tell him about their teacher? Out of the corner of his eyes WooBin could see that Hana was in deep thought. “You ok?”

“Yes.” Hana answered without looking at WooBin. She couldn’t meet his eyes.

“Is it about HaNeul?” WooBin suddenly asked turning to face Hana. Hana looked up at him in shock.

“You knew?” Hana blurted out before she could stop herself. WooBin smirked.

“You must think I am stupid. I have known for a while.” WooBin answered. Hana looked away. Why did she feel so betrayed right now? It felt like someone had just punched her in the stomach.

“Why….?” Hana didn’t know how to continue the sentence or her question. She was getting so confused.

“Why? We finally have a teacher who cares about us, so why would I tell the school?” Hana was beginning to feel dizzy. “I am more interested to know why a girl decided to enter the school and furthermore someone who seems to be living with a detective.” WooBin continued. Hana looked shocked up at him. He knew?

“How?...When…did you find out?” Hana asked almost in a whisper.

“Almost as soon as you entered the class. Just like I figured out HaNeul’s background soon after she entered the school as a teacher. It was easy figuring out HaNeul’s secret when observing her behavior and the way she speaks. As for you, your voice sounds too feminine. Besides you look too pretty to be a guy.” WooBin answered in a carefree manner. Hana grabbed the railing. She could feel her legs getting weaker. Without saying anything to WooBin, Hana just turned around and walked away from the rooftop. WooBin didn’t stop her.

Hana could feel the tears threatening to fall. She needed to be alone. She could hear the faint noises coming from the classrooms and decided to head to the bathroom to hide in a stall for a bit. As soon as she had entered the bathroom stall and locked the door, the tears began falling down her cheeks. She made no sounds but just let the tears fall. Was it just WooBin who knew? Or did they all know? How was she supposed to face them now? She wouldn’t even be able to look WooBin in the eyes.

Hana entered the classroom two minutes before the bell would ring for the first lesson. The guys were sitting in their groups chatting happily with each other while WooBin was per usual asleep. The guys greeted Hana as she walked to her seat, but she didn’t know how to respond so she didn’t say anything and just sat down. The guys looked at each other.

“Is something wrong?” Ji Hoon asked as he sat down in his seat. Hana was spacing out so didn’t respond to his question. It was the same for the whole day. She didn’t even pay attention to the classes, which the teachers noticed as well, HaNeul most of all.

When all classes where over Hana hurried out of the classroom and was fast on her way home when she was stopped by HaNeul and the guys.

“Ji Hyuk! Stop!” HaNeul said as she grabbed Hana by the arm forcing her to stop in her tracks. She refused to look at them. “What is wrong? Are you not feeling well?” HaNeul continued worried.

“Leave me alone.” Was all Hana was able to say as she released HaNeul’s grip on her and ran away.

“What is wrong with him today?” Joon asked the others as if expecting them to have the answer.

As Hana returned home, she locked herself up in her room. She didn’t trust her emotions at the moment and thus didn’t want to see anyone.