Chapter 2 - Tension

Hope To The End
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 - Tension

 

Changmin groaned in relief as he sprawled onto the sofa, not wanting to move at all even when Yunho came over and lifted Changmin’s head so that he could sit, before placing the younger’s head onto his lap. He was so tired, he could even feel it to his bones. They had a back to back schedule today, with hardly enough time to breath as they were shipped off from one location to the other. And finally, home sweet home indeed. He buried his head in the soft surface of Yunho’s thigh, groaning further when the dorm phone rang. He raised his head and glared at the annoying object.

 

“Changmin ah, what are you doing?” Yunho asked, letting the phone ring. He was too tired himself to move also.

 

“Trying to evoke my telekinesis power to somehow bring the phone over here or something. Where is Luhan when I need him?” He whined, still glaring at the ringing phone.

 

Yunho chuckled and sighed when the phone finally died down, only for his own phone to start ringing. Grumbling, he fished around in his pockets for the object, letting out a victorious yell when he found it and fished it out.

 

“Hello?” He said, answering the call.

 

“Finally. Do you know how long we waited to call you the entire day? And then when the dorm phone rang, someone didn’t pick it up so we had to take the risk and call your personal phone. Wait, are you even in the dorm?” A familiar voice floated over the phoneline. Yunho grinned and switched it to loudspeaker, before the voice had finished it’s first sentence.

 

“Sofa. Dorm. Tired. Go away.” Changmin murmured into Yunho’s lap, hearing the voice, wanting to talk but too tired to do anything.

 

“Ah! Is that Minnie! Minnie, are you getting fat?” The voice cackled.

 

“Oh shut up. Your duck is the one that’s getting fat.” Changmin replied, reaching up to bring the phone closer. “Wait, did you say that you were waiting to call us? Honored that you missed us so much, Su ah.”

 

“Yah! Use the proper formalities when you address your hyung!” Junsu complained. “Of course, Chunnie hyung almost wore the sofa out by jumping on it in anticipation and Jaejoong, Oh My God Sun, Jaejoong hyung almost burned our lunch!”

 

Before Changmin could retort, a loud squeal came from the other side. “Minnie!” before a smacking sound was heard. “Yah, Junsu ah, how could you be so selfish and not let us talk to him.” “Hyung, the phone was on loudspeaker... You were supposed to hear it. Is dinner done yet?”

 

“Yes it is. Yunho ah, Minnie ah, have you guys eaten yet?” The loud voice that wasn’t Junsu’s asked.

 

“Later, Jae. Currently, Changmin is sprawled on me. I can’t get up even if I wanted to. That is, I don’t want to.” Yunho said, fingers running through the younger’s hair.

 

“Oh.... Well then, make sure you eat!” Jaejoong muttered. “Yoochun! Changmin and Yunho!” He shouted before footsteps were heard. “Hey~ How’s schedule today?” Yoochun asked cheerfully.

 

“Hyung, you’re too cheerful. Deadbeat, I want to sleep.” Changmin whined.

 

“Without food? My, Changmin. You are losing your touch.” Junsu teased.

 

“How about I go over there and steal your food.” The youngest threatened in reply.

 

“Come over then~ Then I’ll beat you in a game of food snatching.” Junsu chuckled.

 

“Yeah? I bet you can’t even match my speed.”

 

“Wanna bet? You have to do whatever I want for a day if I win!”

 

Before the bet could become a reality, Jaejoong cut in. “So, what happened?” He asked.

 

“Oh, it was horrible. We got dragged around, covering for EXO K because it’s flu season and they’re sick. Yes Jae, we will take measures. You know Changmin. Oh, and then the lightning director forgot to zip his jeans and it was so awkward because there were female guests and Changmin was trying to find a way without telling him directly so he was making all sorts of funny handsignals and faces!” Yunho laughed, discussing with the other three over what funny things happened during their schedules.

 

Changmin closed his eyes, slowly being lulled to sleep by his hyung’s voices. It has been almost a month every since JYJ’s album announcement had been released but every time Changmin wanted to ask them about it, the three of them managed to skirt around the topic or avoided it completely. Even approaching them individually didn’t help. Eventually, without any hints or clues to guide him along, Changmin was forced to give up. Still, it didn’t shake off the foreboding feeling that he had. Lost in his thoughts, Changmin wasn’t even aware that he had fallen asleep.

 

A slight snoring sound silenced the phonecall and Jaejoong asked, “Is that Changmin?”. Looking down on his lap, Yunho confirmed that it indeed was. Smiling softly at the other, he placed the phone between his cheek and shoulder, and lifted the younger bridal style.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter