Gunwoo

Baby I'm Sorry

‘I don’t wanna watch it with you’ Gunwoo stared at you for a second. A second that always seemed to feel like an hour staring into those eyes. They squinted at you in thought and he suddenly stood up and nodded his head.
‘Yeah ok. I’ll wait in the living room?’ You nodded and smiled.
‘Yes please. Thank you’ you realised you were cheating Gunwoo out of a good, honest reaction but if the video was as bad as people were saying then you certainly weren’t going to let him in the same room as you.
He closed the door quietly behind him and you sighed looking at the screen of the laptop in front of you.
‘Here goes nothing’

***

You grabbed another tissue and wiped the rapidly falling tears from your face. If they goal was to kill all their fans then they’d officially done it. You watched Gunwoo fall to the floor after realisation had struck him that he’d been shot and a strangled cry left your lips. The remaining 3 members, you’d watch Seyongs slow painful death just seconds before, started fighting out of anger for their fallen friends and you covered your mouth when JunQ got hit by the pipe.
By now incoherently noises were falling from you lips. You tried your best to silence them but this was to much.
A small scream escaped your mouth when the sight of Insoo getting his neck broken came up. You immediately squeezed your eyes shut and even clamped your hands over your eyes when you heard Chaejin calling for his mother. You shook your head and lowered your head onto your lap in disbelief. You couldn’t believe the video was so intense. You felt like your heart was about to explode and no matter what you tried the tears wouldn’t stop falling. You stared at the laptop screen with your mouth hung open and remember.
Gunwoo was waiting downstairs.

***

You shuffled into the living room and squeezed your torso as though holding yourself together.
Gunwoo sat up and you pointed at your tears while rolling your eyes. A laugh filled the room and you sniffed up when you felt yourself get upset again.
‘It was such a good video’ you congratulated him and tried your best to wiped your eyes. Gunwoo smiled softly and wrapped his arms around you while placing his chin on your head. Your hands rested against his torso as you cried into his chest.
‘Thank you’
‘The time passing thing was really clever. The acting was amazing’ you said all this while continuing to sob and Gunwoo frowned in concern at the thought that you might not stop. Did it upset you that much he thought.
‘____-ah?’ You pulled away and sniffed up.
‘I really liked it Gunwoo’ you nodded and once again brought your hands up to your face. ‘Its just…’ Words ran through your mind but it was difficult to put them into a sentence when everyone of them made you fill up again.
‘Just what?’ He asked trough gritted teeth.
‘You died…’ If Gunwoo thought you were crying before he was mistaken. You started shaking in his arms and as much as he tried to console you nothing worked.
‘_____-ah it’s not real. I’m right here. Look I’m fine’
‘I know’ you smiled and rolled your eyes at how stupid you were being.
‘Gunwoo it hurt seeing you get hurt. And it wasn’t even you getting shot that hurt most. The fighting…’
‘It wasn’t real ____-ah’
‘But it looked real… seeing them hurt your face… this face’ you placed your hand on his cheek and traced his bottom lip with your thumb.
Gunwoo was on the verge of bursting with admiration towards you. He wasn’t even in a gang yet here you were acting like you were trying to stop him for going out to a fight. He laughed when the thought of him trying to fight amused him.
‘You know I at fighting, I can’t play basketball without getting hit by the ball a couple of times’ to Gunwoos satisfaction you started laughing and a large amount of the crying stopped.
‘Yeah… remember when you fell of that bike and were adamant that you’d broken your arm’
‘Well that really hurt so anyone could have been mistaken’ he insisted and stuck his tongue out.
‘What about when you insisted you were having kidney failure’
‘I had serious stomach pains’
‘Gunwoo you’d winded yourself that’s all’
‘It hurt’ you shook your head and Gunwoo smiled noticing that your eyes were completely dry now.
‘I know one things for sure’
‘What?’ He asked sweeping you off your feet and placing you down on the couch.
‘You are never joining a gang ever’ you started laughing as Gunwoo rolled his eyes and pressed his perfect lips against your own. You sighed and grabbed his chin.
‘I love you’
‘I know, it’s kind of annoying’
‘Hey!’ You slapped his arm and screamed when he picked his nose and wiped it on you. ‘Get it off now!’ You held your arm out like it was infected and Gunwoo started laughing.
‘Theres nothing there ____-ah’
‘Wipe it!’ You yelled as another shiver ran down your back. He sighed and grabbed the bottom of his shirt before wrapping your arm.
‘Happy?’ You stared at your arm and nodded. ‘Good because I love you’ he grabbed your head and kissed your forehead roughly.