Tell Me

Saving Sulli

            I felt myself inhaling her sweet smelling perfume deeply, trying to think of something to say to the waiting girl. "I thought it was love...," I trailed off,    my eyes fixed on the explosion of color in the sky, wondering when they'd look the way they should, vibrant and made of rainbows. Not like different shades of gray or white. Or like a big, empty canvas of nothingness. "Tell me about her." ....So she already knew it'd been a girl. "I could help but fall in love with her," I mumbled.

            "There was just...something about making her happy that I couldn't get enough of. I liked everything about her. That dorky smile. Those dark eyes tinted with little sparks of mischief. How smart she was. How funny she was," I got lost in thought, thinking about her, about the girl sitting next me. I frowned. "But then I told her," I whispered, facing Krystal, knowing she'd remember. "I told her I loved her." Krystal's expression remained the same. I ran a hand through my cocoa brown curls, watching the snow pile up on the sidewalk. "I shouldn't have done that, you know?" 

             I murmured, "But I was getting tired." The sunset was fading fast. "Tired of waiting for her to wake up and realize just how much I loved her. She shrugged off my signs of affection, all smiles and just joking around." She didn't say anything. But I knew she wanted me to continue. "I got tired of seething with jealousy and tage when she joked around with her friends, or someone who wasn't me. So I told her I loved her."

Krystal sighed. "What happened after you told her?"