Their Mistakes

Destined Choices

Soo Jung sat down impatiently for her wedding ceremony to begin.

It was Sunday morning and this was the day she had been dreading.

She was to get married to Kim Jong In, a man whom she refused to meet until their wedding day. She was afraid that she would run away from the wedding after meeting him. She was afraid that she would miss Jong Hyun so much until she would forsake her family and their company which was in crisis. She was afraid of the reality, especially the fact that she had to get married to a well-known Cassanova and that many were awaiting to watch how their marriage would develop and fail.

Afterall, the Kims Enterprise and the Jung Company were the two major rivals in the business field. Now that they were becoming allies through such a marriage, many business competitors were keeping their eyes tightly on the wedding and how the two major companies were going to either work hand-in-hand or kill each other. In addition, the secret identity of the only heiress to the Jung Company would be exposed and that it was rumoured that the younger heir to the Kims Enterprise would attend the wedding as well. Concealed identities would be revealed too.

This wedding caused a buzz in the media. It was the biggest event of the year to many.

Soo Jung, however, begged to differ. To others, it was a joyous and glamorous event, but to her, it was just dread and grief. She braced herself and smiled to her own reflection in the mirror.

A white veil covered her face and her facial features were only somehow visible. She raised her fingers up to touch her own face. Pale red lipstick was put onto her lips; shades of pink were on her cheeks and when she blinked her eyes, she could see the glittery shades of light pink above her eyes. Her stylist had indeed done a good job.

"People always say women are the prettiest on their wedding days. I can't help but agree with it," a cheery voice rang out clearly in the waiting room which Soo Jung was in, alone. Soo Jung had gotten permission from her parents for some time alone before she stepped in and exchanged vows with that man.

"Jin Ri" Soo Jung called out her stylist's name. "This is all thanks to you! You look pretty too. I am so glad to have you as my bridesmaid."

Jin Ri smiled gleefully at the bride. They had only known each other for a week but they were already the best of friends who could confess to each other about everything. Indeed, JIn Ri knew Sou Jung's past with Jong Hyun and her true feelings. However, Jin Ri also understood the reality and that Soo Jung had to get married to Kim Jong In even if she did not love him. All Jin Ri felt that she could do was to help her best friend endure and complete the ceremony and the dinner later that night. Jin Ri placed her hand on Soo Jung's shoulder and gave her an encouraging smile.

Soo Jung smiled with teary eyes at Jin Ri's attempt to encourage her. Frankly, Soo Jung had managed to endure through the unbearable week of wedding preparations because of Jin Ri. Soo Jung remembered how she cried so badly in Jin Ri's embrace without others' knowing. The whole week was a torture.

"It is time to go out, Jin Ri and Soo Jung." The bride and bridesmaid hugged each other tightly and prepared themselves to go out.

Soo Jung took in a deep breath. The day was here and all she wanted was to get it over and done with.

Jong In stood in the hall with his groomsmen.

Jong In stood out in his white suit among the other three men who were dressed in black suits. Afterall, Jong In was the groom.

Despite their composed appearances, all the four of them were feeling nervous. They had never been really in a serious relationship before, even if they had a girlfriend, they would continue frequenting pubs and had casual dates with other females. The rule for the four of them was "never keep to one or else you will be in the grave". Now, Tae MIn, Chan Yeol and Se Hun felt like they were watching their brother, Jong In, stepping towards the 'grave', especially many had said that marriage was the grave of love. However, Jong In had not even seen his bride before, they were never in love and all these added up to worse expectations of heightened danger, risk and death to the four men.

Jong In could not help but wriggle his toes in anxiety. In his mind, he kept thinking about the previous night in the pub with his three brothers and the ladies.

It was his last Bachelor's night.

He was getting married and he was feeling unsure. He could not stop worrying about a future shared with a stranger. His brothers were of no help at all too as they had only been teasing him since last night. Even though Jong In could sense that his brothers were trying very hard to be hopeful for him, Jong In still felt lost.

Suddenly, his train of thoughts was interrupted when he saw Jin Ri stepped in, holding a bouquet of flowers. Jin Ri was the bridesmaid.

"That woman didn't tell me she is the bridesmaid. How dare she?" Jong In chuckled in his heart at Tae Min's reaction. From the start, Jong In did not understand why Tae Min would find such an abusive girlfriend like Jon Ri. Jin Ri, no doubt, was attractive. She had the most comforting smile and her eyes were amazing. Her emotions were always revealed through her eyes, without fail. Se Hun had introduced her to them during one dinner. She was his best friend.

The second time Jong In met Jin Ri was when she was introduced to them again by Tae Min as his girlfriend. Jong In would never forget the instantaneous melancholic expression on Se Hun's face then. Jin Ri and Tae Min were immersed in their happiness, with bright and wide smiles. However, Jong In did not approach Se Hun on this matter. He knew Se Hun was a sensitive man who would keep most of his secrets in his heart or the only person whom he would confide in was Jin Ri.

Tae Min and Jin Ri's relationship was not as smooth though, which was expected. Tae Min continued his flirtatious ways, hurting Jin Ri again and again. Despite many arguments and beatings by Jin Ri on Tae Min, they stayed together, with much efforts put in by Se Hun. Se Hun was always the peacemaker and the messenger between the two.

Jong In thought back to the time when he finally could not contain his curiosity and inquired Se Hun, "Why do you keep helping them? I mean, if they really love each other, they should be able to solve all these problems on their own. Tae Min should willingly change himself to show Jin Ri."

Se Hun's calm reply was, "If you love someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back, they would never ask you to."

Once again, Jong In's thoughts were broken when he saw his bride entered.

"An angel", was Jong In's first impression of Soo Jung.

Dressed in a long white wedding gown which was laced at the bottom, Soo Jung took small and cautious steps. Her gown revealed her petite figure and also, since it was strapless, her bare shoulders were shown. Her fair smooth skin was exposed. Soo Jung tightened her fingers around the bouquet of flowers she was holding.

Soo Jung forced herself to stand straight and calmly beside Jong In.

"He is indeed handsome," was Soo Jung's first impression of Jong In.

Jong In tilted his gaze to his bride. She was definitely beautiful but not his ideal type as he preferred to go for y ladies. However, there was something different about her and it made her stood out from all the females he had ever met. Jong In could not place his finger on the feeling and the difference about Soo Jung. His final conclusion after about a minute or two or scrutinising her appearances was that Soo Jung was definitely not a simple lady but surely an attractive one.

"Mr Kim Jong In," the priest cleared his throat. Jong In felt a little disappointed when he could not see his younger brother around.

"Forget about it. He must be enjoying life outside, without all these crazy weddings and pressure." Jong In tried to assure himself in the way he knew best - assuming.

"Will you take Miss Jung Soo Jung to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till in death you part?"

"I do." Jong In firmly replied the only two words. He had made his choice to accept the marriage and to carry on with it. "I will never regret this," Jong In told himself and assured himself. The marriage was part of his plan to get back at his parents. He did not want to fail it.

"Miss Jung Soo Jung, will you take Mr Kim Jong In to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till in death you part?"

"I do." Soo Jung plucked up all her courage and declared the two words with such strong determination that Jin Ri began tearing for her friend's fate.

"Soo Jung, it must be hard on you." Jin Ri wiped off her tears.

"And with this ring I thee wed, and with my body I thee honor, and pledge my faithfulness," Jong In and Soo Jung continued to exchange their vows.

The two of them exchanged rings. Jong In pulled Soo Jung's veil up and was finally able to get a closer look at her. He blinked and smiled politely at her. Soo Jung gazed timidly at Jong In and smiled back in graciousness. Jong In leaned and kissed Soo Jung on her right cheek. A tear escaped from Soo Jung's eyes as realization hit her hard. She was married, to Kim Jong In and not Kim Jong Hyun. She had married a man she did not love and had abandoned the man she truly and deeply loved. She wondered if Jong Hyun was alright.

The tear did not escape from Jong In's eyes.

"Are you that happy that you married me?" Jong In had wanted to ask Soo Jung that but he decided to save the question for later since they had to spend their future together. At the thought or the assumption he made about his wife in love with him just by looking at him, Jong In grinned.

Kim Jong In and Jung Soo Jung, or should I say Kim Soo Jung, were officially declared husband and wife in front of the media and many others. People started taking photographs.

The newly-weds were then sent back to a hotel room which was specially set up for them. Then, throughout the whole afternoon, Jong In and Soo Jung attended and greeted their parents by serving tea and chatting casually. Also, friends and relatives zoomed in and out of their room, congratulating them and praising how compatible they were. The media was banned from entering their room though with the help of security guards and Chan Yeol's men.

Jong In and Soo Jung were tired from the whole afternoon of listening to the same praises and words of congratulation. Both of them were finally relieved when they could have some time on their own to relax and rest before the night arrived.

"I will take a bath first," were Soo Jung's words to Kim Bum. They had to share a room since they were wedded. Soo Jung stepped into the shower, allowing the water to wash away her exhaustion and also her tears of sorrow.

Jong In sat on the bed, waiting for Soo Jung to step out, so that he could have his turn for a shower too. Drowsiness overwhelmed him and his heavy eyelids eventually covered his eyes.

In the Incheon Airport, Kim Jong Hyun was getting ready to fly to Italy to attend his elder brother's wedding dinner. He knew he had to attend it for his brother's sake, no matter how much he did not want to. Soo Jung had not been found but he was not going to give up his search. While he was away in Italy, Na Eun would continue his search for Soo Jung. He had planned to leave right after the wedding dinner.

Jong In and Soo Jung stepped into the five-star restaurant which was booked by their parents. All the people were seated and they watched the newly-weds with envious eyes. Soo Jung was holding hands with Jong In and they looked like a sweet and loving couple who were extraordinarily compatible. Soo Jung had her sweet smile plastered on her face while Jong In kept his playboy smile on. No one could actually sense the tense movements of the couple. They proceeded on to say their speech which was prepared by some writers and went on to cut their wedding cake.

Both of them heaved a sigh of relief when they finally got to their seats. Upon hearing the same sigh of relief, both of them revealed a genuine small smile to each other. With much chemistry, they managed to communicate through their eyes, encouraging each other that they just had to complete this wedding act.

"He is not so bad," Soo Jung thought after the eye-to-eye communication with Jong In.

"She should be easy to get along with." Jong In chuckled at how they could communicate through their eyes.

Tae Min, Se Hun, Chan Yeol, Jin Ri and the parents of both Jng In and Soo Jung were at the same table. However, there was an empty seat left. Soo Jung was curious and hence, she tugged Jong In's suit.

"Hey, friend, the empty seat is reserved for…" Soo Jung kept her bright eyes fixed at Jong In's handsome face and asked in a whisper.

"It is for my younger brother. I guess he should not be coming. And Miss Jung Soo Jung, I am supposed to be your husband and not a friend only." Jong In playfully kissed Soo Jung lightly on her cheek again.

"Mr Kim Jong In, I guess we better start to learn to get along with each other as friends first. Stop taking advantage of me too," Soo Jung kept her voice low so that no one could hear their conversation. Her tone was firm and strict.

"On one condition; stop calling me Mr. Just call me Jong In." Jong In hissed softly. So Eun smiled brightly at the sudden reaction of Jong In.

"It is so funny." Soo Jung could not stop smiling at Jong In's reaction.

"Deal!" Soo Jung finally stated and hooked her pinky with Jong In's pinky. "It is a promise."

"Deal. You are so childish." Jong In commented upon Soo Jung's act and chortled.

"Looks like the two of them would be able to get along quite well." Chan Yeol commented while observing the newly-weds. Se Hun merely nodded as he watched Tae Min and Jin Ri begin to indulge themselves in an argument again. Somehow, their arguments also led to a rise in their feelings towards each other and their love seemed to become stronger afterwards. Se Hun sipped his red wine.

Suddenly, a young dashing man dressed in a black suit stepped in, attracting all eyes.

"It cannot be …" Soo Jung mumbled as she saw the nearing figure.

"Umma, Appa, Hyung, I am sorry I am late. I wish the newly-weds eternal blissfulness." The young man bowed immediately when he reached the table.

"Kim Jong Hyun." Jong In called as tears began to form in his eyes. He never realised how much he would miss his younger brother.

Jong In stood upright again, raised his eyes to meet his brother's, and grinned. Tears were also forming in Soo Jung's eyes. It was only one week but she had missed him so much.

Jong Hyun's smile froze when he noticed the lady beside his elder brother.

"Hyung, that is …" he pointed timidly and politely with his thumb towards Soo Jung.

"Jung Soo Jung, my wife." Jong In replied in an as-a-matter-of-fact manner.

"Jung Soo Jung, my wife." Jong In's short reply stabbed Jong Hyun's heart. His beloved Soo Jung was married to none other than his elder brother.

"What is the world coming to?" Jong Hyun wondered and fought the urge to pull Soo Jung away. However, he knew it was too late. Jong In and Soo Jung were officially husband and wife. He could not afford to create a mess out of the perfect situation then and Soo Jung's reaction proved Jong Hyun that it was really too late.

"Hi, Jong Hyun." Soo Jung greeted politely, no longer in the usual loving way. Soo Jung decided that she would not be able to pretend that she did not know Jong Hyun at all, that was too arduous. She had to acknowledge him but no longer as her lover.

"Soo Jung," he called out the name in pain.

"You two know each other?" Jong In's mother asked.

"We are best friends in school." Soo Jung lied, resisting the urge to cry. Jong Hyun merely nodded as he could do nothing else.

"Best friends." The two words kept replaying in Jong Hyun's mind and the two words hurt him deeply. "We are just best friends, aren't we?" Jong Hyun endured through the dinner and quickly left afterwards. He did not know how to face Soo Jung and his brother. He did not know how to face the reality.

Jog In chuckled at the thought of his brother and his wife being best friends. "Destiny is so amazing."

Soo Jung ate quietly throughout the dinner and then retreated to the hotel room earlier than Jong In who was busy drinking with his brothers. Jin Ri had helped her into her room. She broke down in front of jin Ri and cried herself to sleep. "Jong Hyun…" she mumbled his name profusely in her sleep.

Jong In was totally drunk when he entered the room. He did not sense the tension between Soo Jung and Jong Hyun and continued to drink heartily. Upon seeing Soo Jung on the bad, he pounced onto her.

"Her scent is so irresistible …" Jong In started kissing Soo Jung.

In a drunken state, Jong In misheard that Soo Jung was calling for him. He grinned with pleasure when he thought of how much his wife wanted him.

"Soo Jung…" his lips devoured her lips greedily.

On their wedding night, Jong In and Soo Jung lost themselves to each other.

Jong Hyun was drinking non-stop in his room. He had delayed his return to Korea and had also informed Na Eun that he had found Soo Jung, married to his elder brother.

Jin Ri was in another hotel room, worried for Soo Jung, but there was nothing she could do. In addition, Tae Min was in her room, pestering her with his kisses.

Se Hun and Chan Yeol were the only relaxed people, sleeping peacefully without any disturbances.


                                                                 X:
                                                      please do leave a comment! tnx!