The Interview

The Black Ribbon

"okay you can do this , you can do this , you can so do this , you can ace this hell of an interview !" I said to myself as i stared at th mirror . I gave my most confident smile , which technically wasn't very much confident at all . I mean , firstly , i had to FAKE my age , Min Lee's father said that to get the job , you had to be , of course a noona to the boys ! well so he faked my age for me , i was, to StarShip, born in 1990 .

I stared at my own outfit , "very stylist noona like" i thought . I was wearing basics , a simple but well fitted white tee and capri pants with my heels from forever 21. I had my hair done up in a bun and wore my geek specs. Grabbing a simple brown sling bag , i got out of the house. To the StarShip building !

AT STARSHIP:

I sat down at one of couches provied in the 25th floor of StarShip's office, waiting for my turn . The counter lady said that each women would have to be individually interviewed by the president of StarShip , the senior stylist noona and of course boyfriend's managers. It wasn't my turn yet , but as i looked at th dejected look of the women that just came out , i had a bad feeling about this . "they totally dissed me!" i heard her say on th phone .

All the women looked so refined , so calm , their composure made me have a million insecurities about myself as i sat on th coach feeling sorry for myself . Most of them owned blackberries, most of them were well , actually borned before 1991, and most of them had the look that screamed " Stylist noona" . I anxiously flipped through my magazine , i had no idea what they would ask in the interview late, and i haven't prepared at ALL .

"Kim Chi Hye!" One lady said when she came out of th interview room . "OH NO!!!" i thought as i entered the room.

I walked into the room, and gave my most confident smile to the people sitting across me. (managers , president and stylist noonas of StarShip of course).

"anneyeong haseyo! Kim Chi Hye immnida, pangapsumnida!" [Hello! i'm kim chi hye , nice to meet you!] i smiled as i took a seat across them.

"borned in 1990 ?" One of stylist noonas questioned , "are you sure?" she gave me a suspicious look . Come on! i was already in my most mature clothes ! plus not to mention i generally looked older than kids my age.

I nodded and gave a half smile . "don't lose composure!" i thought to myself.

'Okay , we're going to watch boyfriend's video , and YOU tell us what can be improved to their dressing . We're not going to ask any of those interview questions like why do you want to be a stylist or how much you know about style etc . We need a stylist that knows fashion, one that can set trends and think out the box , understand ? Oh and one more thing , we don't want the stylist to be fan of the boys , we had many of those today and they were all rejected." the stylist noona said . I nodded nervously , phew! lucky ! since i wasn't even prepared to answer these questions.

Apparently , they should have told me it was an M! pick video . OHMUHGUD ! like how was i supposed to control myself without fangirling while watching this video ? and how was i not suposed to smile like some retard when minwoo's adorable smile comes up on screen? or when kwangmin gushes about pikachu? and of all the episodes they asked my to watch , its the coffee prince parody that actuallly comes out ! I mean , honestly ? They were wearing th same clothes in the cafe dammit , what was i going to say ?! AND AND AND NOT TO MENTION HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CONTROL MY LAUGHTER WHEN DONGHYUN SEES MINWOO CHANGING , WHEN DOUNGHYUN HELPS MINWOO TIE HIS APRON AND WHEN YOUNGMIN 'KISSES' MINWOO , AND THE LAST SCENE WHEN MINWOO KICKS DONGHYUN?

[ for people who are curious , this is th coffee prince parody that they did (:]

I watched th thing while controlling my emotions. After the thing ended , i was supposed to give comments on their clothes , but all i could think about what that minwoo's coffee prince uniform was too loose i mean honestly there were so many safety pins on it ! (god he must have such a small waist).

"so , any suggestions on how they could improve their style?" the stylist noona asked .

"Umm (oh that's bad , an 'umm' is always always the one that kills everybody during an interview , speech or whatever , it was like once you said it, you couldn't stop) i think minwoo's blue checkered shirt in the first scene should not have been matched with a pink long sleeved, the colours clashed and the patterns on the pink shirt was too much with the blue checkered shirt . I think he should have worn a white shirt instead and both his shoelaces should either be yellow or the other one should have been in another colour instead of black to show contrast with the black high tops ." i said nervously . oh like WTF did i just say again ? i mean come one minwoo looks good in anything including his pink long sleeve shirt and checkered shirt which i just 'criticised', he doesn't need to improve on his styling for god damn sakes !

"Good observation , the last junior stylist was such a fashion disaster!" another stylist noona piped out , she seemed friendly enough.

"anything else?" the stylist noona who questioned my age asked me.

" well , i think the coffee princes should have a more specific outfit , they were all wearing the same clothes with the same cutting it kinda doesn't do more to show their characters in the parody. Like maybe jeongmin, who happen to have a more "player" role in this parody, should have gone for pants instead of th coffe prince apron which made him looked too girly for his role. Hyunseong should also have pants . Maybe Kwangmin could have carried something around that helped strengthen his characterisation in this role , maybe he should have gone for a .. hat or something ?" i heard a chuckle from one of the stylist. OH WTF  I SHOULD JUST STFU , i mean a hat ? who the hell wore a hat in a freaking cafe , certainly NOT (hot/cute) baristas, ughh they must really think i am loser now , i'll probably fail the interview and get dissed like the previous girl . bye dreams , bye hope , bye money, bye boyfriend(s)!

"Ahh that's quite interesting." the friendly stylist noona said , smiling .

The firce noona was nodding her head too , "we've never thought of that, really good observation."

OHMUHGOD . KK SO THEY THOUGHT I MADE A GOOD OBSERVATION? I WASN'T SOME CRAZY CHIC WHO THOUGHT KWANGMIN SHOULD WEAR A HAT ANYMORE ! YAY!

"You're hired then!" The balding guy in a suit said (he must be president) said.

I swear i was on cloud nine when he said that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UGHH LOL this took me so long to write cos i was trying to think of comments to boyfriend's outfit in thh coffe prince parody /gets smacked/ my observations should be ridiculous i bet.

anyway do comment or subscribe! this is my first fanfic so i really don wanna feel like i'm talking to the wall (:

thankyou for reading ! if there are any readers , i shall write chapter 2 right now , where boyfriend will finally make an appearance! (:

-110620 :D