--

Welcome Back.

Two weeks have passed since the day Chanyeol came back. Baekhyun’s life could not be any more perfect.

At least that’s what he thought.

-------------------------

“I missed this,” Baekhyun said, snuggling closer to his lover.

“I know.  Me, too,” Chanyeol said with a smile.

Baekhyun looked around their small house, noticing that everything had returned to normal. Chanyeol had already brought some of his stuff back to the house but, oddly enough, most of them were still nowhere to be seen.

The sun had set and they both decided to watch a movie after dinner. In the middle of the movie, Chanyeol started kissing Baekhyun’s neck lightly, making Baekhyun giggle.

“Hey! Stop it!” Baekhyun said. His command did not sound anything like one because of the gentle laughter it was laced with.

“But I want you,” Chanyeol said, lust apparent in his voice.

Baekhyun frowned slightly. Had his boyfriend always been this needy before?

“Let’s watch the movie first, alright?” Although Baekhyun tried to pay attention to the movie, the television screen suddenly turned black. “What the—?” Baekhyun couldn’t continue because as soon as he turned to Chanyeol, the younger man attacked his lips with a heated kiss. At first, Baekhyun tried to push his boyfriend away in protest, but the latter was much stronger than him. He gave up in the end and gave Chanyeol what he wanted.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

Another week passed and Baekhyun observed a few other abnormal details, the first of which Chanyeol spending an awful lot of time out of the house.

Baekhyun knew that his boyfriend was the CEO of a big company. Even so, since they had begun living together, Chanyeol always came back immediately after work. It was very rare for him to be late. Nowadays, however, there were times Baekhyun would not see him the entire day. Chanyeol would go to work before Baekhyun woke up and, at night, he would call Baekhyun to tell him how he had to stay behind at the office to finish tasks he failed to specify. He would then come back in the morning of the next day.

Baekhyun honestly felt that there was something off, that there was something very wrong going on, but he ignored the feelings of doubt every time they came up. He reminded himself of how much he trusted his boyfriend now and that if Chanyeol didn’t love him, he would not have come back after their breakup.

Another thing Baekhyun had noticed was that Chanyeol’s ual needs had increased greatly. For instance, whenever Baekhyun initiated an innocent cuddle, nine times out of ten they would end up having . Baekhyun initially thought that it was a normal thing, that Chanyeol did it because he had missed Baekhyun so much.  After three weeks of the behavior, it only got worse when Chanyeol stopped being gentle.  He got rid of the sweet words, opting for instead. It was completely out of character and Baekhyun sensed that Chanyeol was only using him, but again, he dismissed the idea.

Baekhyun’s thoughts were disturbed when the door opened and Chanyeol walked in. Baekhyun, being the good boyfriend that he was, quickly walked to the door to welcome his lover.

“How was work?” Baekhyun asked, giving Chanyeol a peck on the cheek.

“It was okay,” Chanyeol mumbled, walking past his boyfriend to throw himself on the couch.

“Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun asked with a frown at Chanyeol’s reaction.

“No,” Chanyeol brought out his phone and started texting.

“Are you—?“

“I said I’m okay!” Chanyeol yelled. His eyes widened at the realization of what he had just done.

Baekhyun was shocked. He broke eye contact with Chanyeol. “S-sorry,” he said in a hushed voice, feeling the tears about ready to fall.

“No, I’m the one who should be sorry,” Chanyeol said, standing up and embracing his boyfriend. “I didn’t mean to raise my voice. It’s just…I have a lot of problems at work.”

“It’s fine. I’m going to bed,” Baekhyun removed himself from Chanyeol’s arms and walked to the bedroom, making sure to close the door behind him.

“This is really ed up,” Chanyeol said under his breath. Kyungsoo was already mad at him and now he had blown it with Baekhyun, too.

Today was not his day.

He sat on the couch again, grabbed his phone, and went back to trying to apologize to Kyungsoo.

Inside their room, Baekhyun was crying silently on the bed. It was the first time that Chanyeol had yelled at him. He did not like it. Not one bit.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

The next day, Baekhyun opened his eyes and found that it hurt to do so because he had fallen asleep crying. On instinct, the very first thing he did was to search for Chanyeol.

When he didn’t see him, he panicked.

What if he left because of what happened last night?

What if he’s mad at me?

What if he wants to break up again?

Ignoring all those thoughts and the pain in his heart, he went out of the room. As soon as he opened the door, a heavenly smell hit his nose. Wondering what it was, he followed it and it led him to the kitchen. There, he saw Chanyeol wearing a pink apron—Baekhyun had often wondered why they had gotten it in that awful color—and standing next to the oven.

When Chanyeol turned around to put the food on the plate, he noticed Baekhyun standing there watching him.

“Good morning,” Chanyeol greeted with a grin.

“Um...  ‘Morning.” There was confusion in Baekhyun’s reply because he did not understand why Chanyeol had not left for work yet.

“I made breakfast. Come and sit.” Chanyeol, still smiling, gestured to one of the chairs in the table. Baekhyun nodded and sat on the chair that Chanyeol had pointed out. After a while, Chanyeol finished cooking so he joined Baekhyun. “I just wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday,” Chanyeol said, cutting through the silence between them. He took Baekhyun’s hand under the table and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“It’s okay. Really,” Baekhyun said, smiling.

Their eyes met as they leaned towards one another, closing the space between them until their lips touched. It was a soft kiss, the type that Baekhyun missed and never thought would be able to have with Chanyeol again. Afterwards, they ate breakfast which, to Baekhyun’s tongue, tasted of true love.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

It was late in the afternoon and they had been making out for a while now. When they could no longer stand it, they broke the seemingly record-breaking kiss to take in as much air as they could get into their lungs. When Baekhyun felt that he could talk without panting, he said “Channie” with a lengthened last syllable to sound cuter.

“Hmm?”

“Should we go on a date today? It’s been a while since we had one.”

“Umm, I’m afraid I can’t today, love. I have a really important company dinner tonight and I can’t miss it for the world,” Chanyeol said with guilt in his voice.

“Oh… That’s okay,” Baekhyun said, trying his best to hide his disappointment.

“I will make it up to you, I promise,” Chanyeol said, pulling Baekhyun closer to him. “What about tomorrow?”

“…Fine.”

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“I’m going now,” Chanyeol said while he put on his shoes at the door.

“Okay. Be careful,”  Baekhyun said, waving.

“I may come back late at night so just eat dinner and sleep. Don’t wait up for me.” Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun one last time before going out.

Is it me or am I hearing that sentence too often now?Don’t wait for me.”

Is it a kind of message or…?

Whatever.

Baekhyun, feeling his throat dry, headed to the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water. He had finished it down to the last drop when his cellphone went off, causing his hand to jerk and the glass to shatter on the floor.

“,” he cursed and fished out the phone from his pocket. “Hello?”

“Baekkie! “a voice from the other line said in a singsong manner.

“Tao?”  Baekhyun guessed.

“Yep! So…how are you?”

“Didn’t you just see me today at work?”

“True, but I wanted to hang out with you tonight.”

Baekhyun paused to think. “Sure.”

“Really? Yay! Hey, Kris! He said yes!” Baekhyun then heard Kris’ voice in the background acknowledging what Tao had said. Baekhyun chuckled at his friend’s cuteness. “We’re coming over to pick you up. See you soon!  Bye!” The line was cut off at once.

The call made Baekhyun smile. At least he was not going to be alone tonight.

He remembered when had he had told Tao and Kris about him and Chanyeol getting back together. His friends were all smiles and congratulated him, but he saw nothing but worry and disapproval in their eyes. He had been wondering about it ever since. He shook his head to remove the thought and started cleaning the mess he had made. Without warning, a piece of glass cut his finger. He hissed in pain and pulled his hand away from the pieces of broken glass.

Why do I get the feeling that something bad is about to happen?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“What will you be having this evening?” the waiter asked, holding a pen and a small notebook to write the orders on. After Baekhyun, Tao, and Kris had ordered, the waiter told them that they could call her anytime if they needed anything else and went to get their food.

“Isn’t nice to hang out like this? It’s been a while,” Tao said, smiling widely.

“Yeah, I guess,” Baekhyun answered. Truthfully speaking, at the last minute he had lost the desire to leave the house but Tao had made good use of his cute antics which left Baekhyun with no choice, so now they were sitting in a restaurant that Kris had picked.

They made small talk until their food arrived and they ate mostly without saying anything.

“Excuse me for a moment.”  Baekhyun stood up and headed to the washrooms which were located quite far from their table.

“You know, I was just busy at work,”  a voice said, making Baekhyun stop in his tracks. His heart told him to ignore the voice and just keep walking, but he heard it again. “I will make sure that we go out more.”

I know this voice.

When he turned to where the voice was coming from, his breath hitched.

There was Chanyeol sitting in one of the tables with another man. The man was no stranger, though.

A cheated lover never forgets the face of the second lover.

He saw Chanyeol holding Kyungsoo’s hand on the table and how the two of them exchanged whispers of sweet nothings, completely oblivious to their surroundings. However, for some odd reason, he was not as hurt as he thought he would be at such a moment. Deep inside, he had expected it to happen. Deep inside, he had known all along that Chanyeol was no longer the person he had fallen in love with back then. It was nothing but a thin string of hope he had been holding on to that had kept him from leaving.

But now, after seeing Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together with his own eyes, he was sure that it was over.

For good.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“Hey! Why did you leave just like that?” Tao nagged over the phone.

“I’m sorry. I felt sick all of the sudden,” Baekhyun said. It wasn’t a complete lie; who wouldn’t feel sick after seeing their significant other with someone else?

“Are you alright? Should I come over?” Tao asked, sounding worried.

“Oh, no! I’m good. I just need to rest a little. See you at work. Bye!” Baekhyun hurriedly hung up. He did not want Tao to know what had happened. He had already warned Baekhyun about Chanyeol but Baekhyun had not listened to him. Heck, Baekhyun had not listened even to his own mind; all he had done was to listen to his ignorant heart which only led him to this.

It’s over, he thought. I can’t change what has  already happened, but what really bothers me is why did he come back if I was no longer enough for him?

I trusted you. I loved you. I believed in you. You were my everything. But, it seems that you don’t see me the same way.

This time I’m not going to cry over you, Park Chanyeol, because I refuse to waste my tears on a manipulative bastard like you. I’m going to forget even the happy times we’ve had. If I have ever loved you,  it’s done now.

I will make you pay for every minute you’ve hurt me.

Baekhyun looked at the clock on the wall in the living room. 2:36 AM. He wanted to sleep, to run away from the ugliness of reality, but he couldn’t. His mind was full of disappointment, hatred, sadness, madness, but most of all…

Love.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

The front door opened which made Baekhyun, who had finally managed to doze off, wake up. He rubbed his eyes as he looked up at the clock again. 5:21 AM.

“Baek? Baby, why are you here?” Chanyeol asked when he spotted his boyfriend sleeping on the floor with his head resting on the coffee table.

“Uh… I...I… ” Baekhyun didn’t want to show Chanyeol that he knew. Not yet.

“Is there something wrong?” Chanyeol asked with concern.

Baekhyun almost yelled at him to say that everything was wrong, but he bit his tongue and shook his head.

“Then let’s go to bed,” Chanyeol said. He helped Baekhyun up and they walked into their bedroom hand-in-hand. “Go on and sleep. I need to take a shower first.”

Yeah, so you won’t smell like him. “Okay,” was all that Baekhyun could say. He watched his boyfriend put his phone and wallet on the nightstand before walking out of the room, not forgetting to kiss Baekhyun. As soon as Chanyeol had closed the bathroom door, Baekhyun roughly wiped his lips with the back of his hand. When his eyes fell on Chanyeol’s phone, memories of Chanyeol texting someone for long periods at a time flashed in his mind. Without a second thought, he grabbed the phone; luckily, there was no password on it.

He checked the sent messages. There were a lot of them.

What an idiot. He didn’t even delete them.

He randomly opened a few.

                To: Kyungbaby

                How’s my baby today? I miss you.

                To: Kyungbaby

                Sorry, I won’t be able to see you today. I have work.

                To: Kyungbaby

                Did you already have dinner? Should we go out?

                To: Kyungbaby

                I won’t be able to come today. Don’t wait for me. Sorry. 

                To: Kyungbaby

                I really miss touching you :( Can I come over right now?

Baekhyun closed the phone. He couldn’t read any more. He could feel the tears welling up in his eyes. It hurt him to know that Chanyeol had said those kinds of words to someone who wasn’t him, but what hurt him the most was that Chanyeol had stopped sending those kinds of messages to him a long time ago. What he noticed from the messages was that Kyungsoo did not seem to know that Chanyeol was dating Baekhyun again.

So he thinks were only toys in his hands? When he gets bored of either of us, he would just go to the other?

When Baekhyun heard the bathroom door open, he quickly read Kyungsoo’s phone number—thank goodness for this sharp memory—, put the phone back in its original place, then hid under the covers pretending to be asleep.

“Baby? Sleeping already?” Baekhyun heard Chanyeol ask but he decided to ignore it. Not long after, he felt the mattress sink slightly where Chanyeol climbed on the bed. Sleep soon took over him.

It had been such a long day, but there were plenty more to come.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

Ring, ring, ring.

“Hello?”

“Kyungsoo?”

“Yes, that’s me. And you are…?”

“It’s me, Baekhyun.”

“Who?”

“Chanyeol’s ex-boyfriend.”

“…Oh.”

“Can we meet? I have something to talk to you about.”

Kyungsoo did not answer right away. Baekhyun started thinking of an explanation in case Kyungsoo asked for one although frankly, he didn’t want him asking any questions at all.

“Alright. Do you have a meeting place in mind?”

Baekhyun smiled. It was a lot easier than he had expected.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“Kyungsoo, over here.” Baekhyun waved at the man that had just walked into the coffee shop. Kyungsoo saw him and headed to where he was sitting.

“Hello,” Kyungsoo said with a slight bow.

“Hello,” Baekhyun replied, bowing back. “Take a seat.”

Kyungsoo sat in the chair across Baekhyun and looked at him with his round eyes, waiting for the older man to speak first.

“I’m sure you’re confused as to why I called you, right?” Baekhyun asked and Kyungsoo nodded in answer. “I’ll be straightforward with you and I want you to listen to me until the end, alright?” Another nod. “You are dating Chanyeol now, correct?”

“Yes.” Kyungsoo replied and began biting his lower lip.

Baekhyun looked directly into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “Well so am I,” he said without batting an eyelash.

“Huh?”

“You heard me right. It’s been a month since we became a couple again.”

“W-what? How? But…” Kyungsoo couldn’t form a complete sentence; his mind was amiss. Should he believe this man whose face he has never even seen before? This is was their first time holding a conversation and Baekhyun was Chanyeol’s ex-boyfriend so maybe he was just fooling around “You don’t expect me to believe a stranger, do you?”he said after a while.

“I’ll prove it to you.” With that, Baekhyun took his phone and dialed someone’s number. When the person on the other line answered, Baekhyun put it on speaker mode.

“Baekhyun?” the voice said.

“Oh, hi Chanyeol,” Baekhyun greeted and saw Kyungsoo’s eyes widen.

“Baby, you know I’m busy at work. Why did you call?”

“Do you love me?” Baekhyun suddenly asked.

“What kind of question is that? Of course I do. Look, I have to go now. I’ll talk to you at home. Bye.” Then, the line went dead.

“See?” Baekhyun put his phone away. He noticed how Kyungsoo seemed to have been frozen at his place; the man wasn’t even blinking. Baekhyun felt bad for him, he really did. After all, they were both players in the same game, but he had to tell him the truth. Doing so would save Kyungsoo from a lot of pain, particularly the kind that Baekhyun himself had had to go through. Baekhyun thought that no one deserved to feel that way.

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun with sad-looking eyes and started crying. Baekhyun stood up and went to hug him. Though he used to, he didn’t hate Kyungsoo now because all he could see in front of him was a man as broken as he was. If there was someone to hate, to spite, it was Chanyeol, that heartbreaker son of a .

After Kyungsoo had calmed down, Baekhyun went back to his seat.

Sniffling, Kyungsoo asked, “What made you decide to reveal this to me?”

“You have the right to know,” answered Baekhyun. “and also…” A smirk appeared on his face.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

How could he?

I trusted him.

 I loved him.

How could he be that heartless?

If he loves his ex-boyfriend, why did he still ask me out?

Kyungsoo’s thoughts were cut when his phone suddenly buzzed. He looked and saw a message from Chanyeol.

                From. Channie!~

                Hey, baby. Did you miss me? I bet you did because I feel the same way. I just finished work. I’ll be at your place by ten. See you in a bit.

Kyungsoo wanted to yell at Chanyeol. How dare he do this to him! How could he act like this? How could he have the nerve to hurt not one but two people at the same time? He felt as though if he saw Chanyeol, he would hit him, curse him, kick him out of his house.

However, he remembered what Baekhyun had told him.

“You have the right to know,” answered Baekhyun. “and also…” A smirk appeared on his face.

Kyungsoo found Baekhyun’s smile slightly creepy. “…What?”

“I need your help.”

“Help? With what?”

“I want to take revenge. I want him to regret that he ever thought about playing with me, with us.”

“How?”

“First of all, don’t let him know that you’ve found out.”

“O-okay. I can do that.”

“Act as much normal as you can. Don’t make him feel like there’s something wrong.”

“And then?”

“And then…” Baekhyun smirked yet again, only this time it was in a more menacing manner which made Kyungsoo shiver.

 I have to do it right, thought Kyungsoo. As much as I love Chanyeol, I have to show him that he can’t just use me however he likes.

After a couple of hours, he heard the door open. He saw Chanyeol walk in smiling, a sight that had once brought him happiness albeit now it only made him sick.

Act normal. Act normal.

“How’s my baby today?” Chanyeol asked, giving the smaller boy a hug.

“Hmm, good.”

Chanyeol tightened his hold and started kissing Kyungsoo’s neck. “I missed you,” Chanyeol said between pecks. The kisses reached Kyungsoo’s chin but the second Chanyeol’s lips touched Kyungsoo’s, Kyungsoo remembered the plan.

Don’t satisfy him. Don’t give him what he wants.

Kyungsoo suddenly stood up, causing Chanyeol to back away and look at him in mild surprise.

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked, obviously frustrated.

“I’m hungry,” Kyungsoo said. “I’ll get something to eat.” He then headed to the kitchen, leaving Chanyeol behind. His mouth curved into a smile of contentment.

This is only the beginning, Park Chanyeol.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

 “So how did it go?” Baekhyun asked over the phone.

“I did exactly what you told me,” Kyungsoo replied. “He already left so I think he’ll be with you soon. He’s pissed just like you predicted.”

“Good , good. Oh, I think I hear him now. I’ll talk to you later. Bye.”

“Bye.”

As soon as Baekhyun had ended the call, Chanyeol showed up looking glum.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, trying hard not to laugh. “Bad day at work?”

“I guess you could say that.” Chanyeol sighed and plopped down on the couch. “Come here,” he said, pointing to his lap. Baekhyun followed without question. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist. “Do you want to go on a date tonight? You’ve been wanting to have one, right?”

“I’m afraid I can’t,” Baekhyun said.

“Why not?” Chanyeol asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

“I’ve already promised Tao that we’d go out,” Baekhyun lied.

“It’s okay. We can use the time we have now.” Chanyeol leaned forward and kissed Baekhyun. A few seconds into the kiss, Chanyeol decided to bite Baekhyun’s bottom lips lightly. Baekhyun opened his mouth in answer so Chanyeol slipped his tongue inside and let it dance with Baekhyun’s. This went on for about a minute until Baekhyun cut the kiss, panting.

“Oh dear, look at the time. I’m going to be late!” Baekhyun said, faking panic. “I have to go now or else Tao will go berserk on me.” Without another word, he quickly walked to the bedroom, locked the door, and laughed without making a sound.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Chanyeol yelled, still sitting on the couch. “Hey, Baek! Come back here!” There was no reply.

After a while, Baekhyun walked out of the room in a pair of black skinny jeans and a red t- shirt that was slightly fitted. The outfit showed off his slim body and practically made Chanyeol drool.  “See you later, sweetie!” he said without looking at Chanyeol. He scurried out of the house.

“THIS IS SO ING FRUSTRATING!” Baekhyun heard Chanyeol scream before the door could close. He couldn’t help but burst into laughter.

You haven’t seen anything yet.

 He called Tao to decide where they should meet.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

A week had passed and Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were still acting out their plans. They were driving Chanyeol crazy and enjoying every second of it. When he tried to kiss them, they made excuses to run away. When he tried to go out with either of them, they would shoot him down. What they both found highly amusing about the whole thing was the look of disbelief and dissatisfaction that would creep into Chanyeol’s face after every letdown.

He deserves it. No, he deserves something worse, was what Baekhyun and Kyungsoo thought.

They realized, though, that depriving Chanyeol of certain needs was not enough. They had to end it for real, and fast. They were sick of his sweet words; they were no longer sweet to their ears knowing that he didn’t mean it. They were tired of his lies, his empty promises, even his kisses. They wanted everything to be over but, of course, they didn’t want it to be easy.

At least not for that .

They talked over the phone often to decide how they should do it. Since Baekhyun initiated the plan, they had grown closer and met each other somewhere to talk and get to know one another. Baekhyun decided that he liked Kyungsoo—in a friendly way, of course. He couldn’t see himself lying to someone like Kyungsoo; he was an absolute sweetheart. He became another reason why Baekhyun wanted to carry out his revenge.

At the end of the day, their final plan was completed.

They couldn’t wait to put it in action.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“So you know what you have to do?” Baekhyun asked, unable to hide the excitement in his voice.

“I know the plan like the back of my hand,” Kyungsoo said, smirking.

“Okay. I’ll meet you there,” Baekhyun said and ended the call.

“It’s show time,” Kyungsoo whispered to himself when he heard the door creak open.

“Baby? Are you ready?” he heard Chanyeol ask loudly from the living room.

“Yeah, wait a minute,” Kyungsoo answered from the bedroom. He and Chanyeol had made up their minds to go on a date.  Kyungsoo had brought up going to an amusement park nearby and Chanyeol obliged,  oblivious to the true situation. Kyungsoo prayed for everything to be in his and Baekhyun’s favor. He looked into the mirror one last time and smiled at the reflection of a handsome man, one that Chanyeol would certainly regret to lose.

Perfect.

“Let’s go!” Kyungsoo said happily as he walked out of the room. “I can already tell that this is going to be an unforgettable date.”

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“What should we try first?” Chanyeol asked when they got to the park.

“The mini roller coaster!" Kyungsoo said, dragging his boyfriend to where the ride was located.

They took ride after ride, played game after game, and had the most wonderful time—in Chanyeol’s opinion alone.

“For you.” Chanyeol handed Kyungsoo the stuffed toy he had just won.

“Thanks, baby,” Kyungsoo said cutely, kissing the taller man’s cheek.

Several minutes later, Kyungsoo received a text message that made him smirk.

“I’m hungry,” Kyungsoo declared out of the blue. “I could use some coffee, too.”

Chanyeol spotted a shop up ahead. “Alright, let’s take a break first.”

                From: Baekhyun

                Meet us at the café.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“Why did you want to go here?” Tao asked, sipping his hot drink.

“Yeah. You’ve always hated amusement parks” Kris added.

“I don’t know. I just felt like it,” Baekhyun answered, putting his phone back after he had contacted Kyungsoo.

“Weird,” Tao said, not buying his friend’s reason.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything else; he just kept looking at the café door every five seconds.

“Are you waiting for someone?” Kris asked.

“Uh, actually—,“ Baekhyun began but the door opened, silencing him. He saw the two people he had been looking forward to seeing most.

“Isn’t that Chanyeol?” Tao asked.

“Yes, it’s him,” Baekhyun said.

Kris took a look, too. “And isn’t that, um, what’s his name again? The one that…umm…” He had seen the other man only once and had never known his name.

“Chanyeol’s other boyfriend,” Tao said and quickly shot Baekhyun an apologetic look. “Sorry, Baek. I didn’t mean to bring it up again.”

“It’s fine. Kyungsoo is his boyfriend.”

“Didn’t he break up with him?” Kris asked, confused.

“That what I thought at first, but it’s look like he hasn’t.”

“What? He’s still cheating on you?” Tao’s face was reddening in anger. “That faced jerk, I’m going to kill him!”

“No, Tao!” Baekhyun said in a hushed tone, holding his friend back. His eyes met Kyungsoo’s and they nodded to one another in silent agreement.

Tao saw the exchange and said, “I don’t think I know what’s happening here so you have some explaining to do, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun grinned. “Just wait and see. Hey,” He said when Kris craned his neck for a better view. “look away, will you? We can’t let Chanyeol know we’re here just yet.”

“You’ve known from the start that they were coming here, didn’t you?” Tao asked, slowly putting the pieces together in his head.

“Yep,” Baekhyun answered. He looked up just in time to see panic spelled all over Chanyeol’s face.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

“It’s been a while since we went out like this,” Chanyeol said to Kyungsoo after the waiter had left to fetch their orders.

“It really has,” Kyungsoo said. He conversed with Chanyeol for a few minutes until he made eye contact with Baekhyun. It was time for step three of their plan. “Oh, look. Isn’t that your ex?” he asked, locking his gaze at Baekhyun and his friends who were all smiles so that he didn’t have to point. “What was his name? Baek-something.”

Chanyeol turned his head and felt his face grow hot at the sight. Oh no. This can’t be good, Chanyeol thought. He turned back to Kyungsoo and tried to hide his alarm under a smile. Kyungsoo did not miss it, though.

“We should say hi,” Kyungsoo said, raising his hand to catch Baekhyun’s attention.

“No, wait!” Chanyeol said, his loud voice making a few heads look their way. Baekhyun, however, seemed to be too deep in conversation with his friends to notice. Good.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked in fake puzzlement.

“I, uh, I don’t think it’s a g-good idea,” Chanyeol said. He wanted to slap himself for sounding so nervous.

“It’s not? Okay then.” Kyungsoo innocently smiled at Chanyeol and changed the subject. Chanyeol sighed in relief and started thinking of a way to leave the coffee shop as soon as possible.

Soon, their food arrived and they began eating silently. Chanyeol couldn’t help but take a few glances at his other boyfriend and, every time, thank God that Baekhyun had not spotted them.

After their meal, Kyungsoo stood up. “I need to use the toilet.”

“Uh, o-okay,” Chanyeol said, making sure to act normal. “But if you want to try more of the games, we have to leave right after you come back, alright?”

“Sure.” Kyungsoo said with a smile. When he had turned his back to Chanyeol, his face scrunched up in contained excitement.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -

Baekhyun watched carefully as Kyungsoo left the table as part of their plan.

“I’ll be right back,” Baekhyun said to Tao and Kris before walking towards his boyfriend’s table. His friends gave him perplexed looks but didn’t say a thing. He reached Chanyeol’s table and put on a surprised face before saying, “Oh my god! Chanyeol? What are you doing here?”

Chanyeol jumped a bit at the voice. He turned around until he found himself face-to-face with Baekhyun. “Baek! Baby! What are you doing here?” He asked with a shaky laugh, at the same time checking the direction of the washrooms for Kyungsoo.

“I asked you first.” Baekhyun puffed up his cheeks. “Well anyway, I came here with Kris and Tao to have a bit of fun.” He pointed to their table.

Chanyeol saw Tao sending him a death glare and Kris trying to calm Tao down. He waved to them a bit but when Kris frowned at him, he put his hand away and looked at Baekhyun again.

“So what are you doing here? Don’t you have work to do?” Baekhyun asked, sounding curious.

“Y-yeah, I do,” Chanyeol replied but had no real idea of what to say.

“Are you in one of your meetings?”

“Oh, yeah, I am. My partner just went to the washroom. We still have a lot to talk regarding, uh, a work project.”

“At an amusement park, though? Of all places to meet, why here?”

“Yes, well, the project has something to do with games…and such.” All Chanyeol could think about was that if Kyungsoo came back, everything would be messed up. “You know what? I have to go now. We have work to do. So, um, see you tonight, hon,” Chanyeol said, already backing up towards the door.

“But didn’t you say that your partner was in the restroom?” Baekhyun asked, giggling a little.

“R-right,” Chanyeol said, looking over at the washrooms again. “I will just meet him outside,” He walked to Baekhyun and gave him a kiss. “I love you,” he said, smiling.

Baekhyun hit him hard on the head. “Not here! There are too many people,” he said, looking embarrassed.

The truth was, he was disgusted.

“Sorry,” Chanyeol said and walked out of the café. As soon as he had closed the door, Kyungsoo came back and went to Baekhyun’s side.

It was time for the last step.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-__-_-_-_-_-_-

Another couple of hours passed with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol hanging out at the amusement park. They were looking for another game to play when a voice stopped them in their tracks.

“Hey, Channie. We meet again. Isn’t that great?” Baekhyun went over to them, practically bouncing, while Kris and Tao walked behind him, in their own little world. “Is this your partner?” he asked.

A string of curses ran through Chanyeol’s mind.

“You know, you look familiar,” Baekhyun said to Kyungsoo. “Have I seen you before?”

“You don’t remember me?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Sorry, I don’t.”

“I’m Kyungsoo, Chanyeol’s—.“ Kyungsoo was going to say ‘boyfriend’ but he was cut off.

“—Work partner!” Chanyeol yelled, causing both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to give him strange looks.

“No, I’m your boyfriend!” Kyungsoo said, irritated.

“What? I’m his boyfriend!” Baekhyun protested.

They glowered at one another for a few seconds before turning to Chanyeol for an explanation.

"Uh, umm, you see… Yeah, it’s just…”Chanyeol could not form proper sentences.

“Channie, is there anything wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

“’Channie’? Hey, don’t call my boyfriend like that.” Kyungsoo said, annoyed.

“I said he’s my boyfriend, alright?” Baekhyun shouted.

“No, he’s mine! That’s why we’re here: We’re on a date.”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo bickered while Chanyeol thought of a way to get out of the scene.

“Let’s just ask Channie,” Baekhyun said.

“Fine!”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol. When they didn’t get an answer, they both asked at the same time “Well?”

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun, then Kyungsoo, then back at Baekhyun, and then Kyungsoo. He opened his mouth to say something but Kyungsoo beat him to it.

“There’s nothing you can tell us that we don’t already know, you jerk.”

“We’re over, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said with a grin.

“And so are we,” Kyungsoo said.

Without another thought, they turned around, leaving a shocked Chanyeol behind.

“Wha—hey! What the hell is this?” Chanyeol yelled, making the two turn around with matching smirks on their faces.

“Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

“You knew about this?” Chanyeol asked in reply.

“I’m not as stupid as you think.”

Kyungsoo saw hurt in Chanyeol’s eyes and felt a bit bad for him, but it didn’t last long. He held the toy Chanyeol had given him tightly in his hand and walked to him. “I believed in you, Chanyeol. I really did,” He then threw it at his face. “But not anymore. Not now, and not ever.” And with that, he went back to Baekhyun and left together with him and Baekhyun’s friends.

Chanyeol could only stare as his two lovers disappeared from his sight. He had always felt guilt for doing this to them but he loved them both so much, too much to let either of them go. Baekhyun had always had a soft spot for him but now it was surely gone, and Chanyeol couldn’t do anything about it.

“What have I done?” he asked himself and let the tears come.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun tried to go home as fast as he could. He didn’t want to be nowhere near Chanyeol. When he arrived, he immediately started collecting all of Chanyeol’s things and dumped them outside the front door. While doing so, he reflected on the fact that despite everything, there was still a tiny amount of love left in his heart for Chanyeol. Seeing their photos together made his heart clench but he knew well that only time would be able to make things for him. He got rid of all of Chanyeol’s presents for him knowing that if he kept them, he would not be able to totally erase Chanyeol from his life.

As he lay in bed that night, Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself from recalling his entire relationship with Chanyeol. It brought a tear in his eye to remember the happiness he had felt with him. The tear never fell, however, because he also remembered all the betrayal he had had to go through with that man.

He soon fell asleep.

He looked forward to a new day, a better day.

A day free from Park Chanyeol.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hello there~

how was it? i know it's not a big a revange but ... yeah XD

how do you think it went?

once again i want to send a bid thanks to themagiczebra for proofreading this shiz...

byebye

XOXO

-kafkofa