Coming Up With A Plan

Bet on Love

 

It’s been a week since the incident happened. The day after Yoona came back to Seoul, the others also arrived. As for the other four, Taeyeon, Sunny, Wooyoung and Jay, they also followed the day after. They stayed at the hotel that Jessica’s family owns. Jay took that opportunity to get closer to Jessica, at which, he succeeded.

The moment they arrived at Seoul, Yuri, Jessica, Tiffany and Nichkhun went to visit Yoona. Taecyeon wanted to come but they didn’t let him since they know that the wounds that he inflicted to Yoona are still fresh. Yoona was alone at her house when the four arrived. Yoona was surprised to see her friends but she tried her best to pretend that she’s okay but her swollen and puffy eyes just wouldn’t hide the fact that she cried all night. Yoona was calm at first but when they mentioned Taecyeon, she broke into tears again. No matter how hard they try to comfort her, Yoona just couldn’t stop weeping. She felt like thousands of knives are stabbing her heart. She blames herself for getting hurt like this. In the first place, she was the one who gave into Taecyeon’s trap, so to speak. She was thinking that maybe, she should’ve stayed with Nichkhun instead of betraying and choosing Taecyeon over him. Just maybe.

Before they get leave Yoona that day, Yoona asked Yuri if she could stay with her until her parents are back from overseas. Having the feeling that Yoona can’t take care of herself especially at this kind of situation, Yuri eventually agreed to stay by her best friend’s side. Yuri moved into Yoona’s house that night right after she paid her respects to her parents.

Every day in that week was no different from each other. Yoona cried the whole week without missing a day. It seemed like crying was one of her daily habits. If she was in a drama, she could’ve have won the major award for showing her deepest emotions. Yuri couldn’t feel anything but sorry for her friend. During the day, Nichkhun would come to visit to cheer Yoona up. He was still the same caring and gentle Nichkhun that Yoona used to have as a boyfriend. Seeing Nichkhun act lovingly to Yoona, Yuri felt like he still loves her the same way as before. Yuri grew jealous as she saw that Nichkhun was acting as if he wanted to win Yoona’s heart again. She felt a little guilty for thinking and getting jealous over those things when Yoona is the one that’s really in pain but she couldn’t help it. She’s hoping that Nichkhun would notice her feelings soon but with this kind of situation it would seem impossible.

As for Taecyeon, well, he’s trying his best to make it up to Yoona. He would call Yoona several times but the girl would just ignore it. Even though all his calls were put into waste, he still didn’t give up. He wanted to prove his self to Yoona again. There were moments were Yoona was tempted to answer his calls but whenever she’s about to press the answer button, she remembers what Taecyeon has done. It is undeniable that she still loves him with all her heart. Sensing that Yoona would never answer any of his calls, Taecyeon decided to seek help from all of his friends. It’s a good timing since Hyoyeon will be celebrating her birthday on the weekend. Tiffany came up to a plan that would appear related to Hyoyeon’s birthday.

“Yoona, please come with us” pleaded Tiffany. She knows that it would be difficult to please Yoona but she insisted on making her come. After 5 minutes of discussing about Hyoyeon’s birthday.

“Just send Hyoyeon unnie my greetings” Yoona frigidly replied.

“Please Yoona. Hyoyeon would be sad, if you didn’t come” Jessica added. “Birthdays happen only once in a year. I know you won’t leave Hyoyeon disappointed, right? Please~”

“But unnie--”

“I won’t accept ‘no’ for an answer Yoong” Tiffany firmly said as she crossed her arms across her chest.

Yoona sighed in defeat, “I guess there’s no point in arguing with you anymore.”

A grimace was formed in Tiffany’s face, in Jessica and Yuri as well. Tiffany squealed in delight as she pulled Yoona into a hug. “Be ready for lunch tomorrow, we’ll pick you up at 11. We’re going out for lunch and we’ll go for ice skating after, okay? You also prepare, huh, Yuri?” Tiffany turned to Yuri before rushing out of the house. She dragged Jessica along with her leaving Yuri and Yoona alone as she knows that Yoona might change her mind.

Silence fell between the two when Tiffany and Jessica left.

“Unnie,” Yoona spoke, “did I make the right decision? I don’t think I can handle the outside world yet.”

“Yoong, you can’t stay locked up on your room forever. You can never run away from reality.”

“I don’t know unnie, I just feel like isolating myself for a long time.”

“You know what Yoong, if you keep up on this thing, you will lose a lot. You will lose happiness, enjoyment, and your friends as well. The state you are in right now is very different from before. When I first saw you, I thought you are the liveliest person on earth. I miss you Yoong. I really do. Please get back to your old self” Yuri said. Yuri, herself was surprised with her own words. She never expected that she would tell Yoona these things. But it’s the truth. She needs to let Yoona know about these things for the better.

“I will try unnie….” Yoona said.

Yuri leaned closer to Yoona as she pulled the other into a hug. She knows exactly that her friend needs her. All this time, even if she wanted to, Yuri never mentioned Taecyeon to Yoona, afraid that Yoona might get hurt again.

 

~~~~~

When they reached their car, Tiffany made a phone call to Taecyeon.

“Taec! Do your best tomorrow, huh? I already convinced Yoona, now it’s all up to you” Tiffany said even before Taecyeon could speak.

“Chinjia!? Okay, leave everything to me. I owe you one Fany ah.” Taecyeon answered.

“Arasso, Arasso, I’ll hung up now.” Tiffany said before pressing the end button.

“Please accept me back Yoona. I can’t live without you” Taecyeon mumbled to himself as soon as the call ended. He feels excited to see Yoona again after a week, but at that same time, he also feels anxious as he’s not sure whether Yoona will accept him back or not. Taecyeon drifted off to sleep thinking about those things. Sleeping would be the best thing to do since he will need a lot of energy for tomorrow. Maybe he will need some because Yoona may accept him and she may ask him to spend time with her OR maybe he will need that energy because Yoona might dump him and he might be spending his days crying for her. But the question will be left unanswered until tomorrow. Will Yoona follow her heart and get back to Taecyeon? Or will hate wrap her up and reject Taecyeon for good?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I'll try to update next week, after I passed all my paper requirements in school XD