Take Over

Bet on Love

Monday morning....

It has been two nights since Yoona and Taecyeon confessed their love for each other and got together. And 3 nights since she started ignoring Nichkhun's call. It's not that she's already forgotten about him but rather, she's been very guilty for betraying her first boyfriend. She's sure now that it's not really love that she felt for Khun, she knows that it's brotherly love only. She really wanted to call him now and tell him the truth but she's afraid that Khun might do something bad to himself or that he might never comeback to Korea again so she decided to wait for him to comeback and tell him the truth in person.

Yoona arrived at school 45 minutes before class. Ever since Tiffany moved to Jessica's hotel, Yoona decided not to bring her car anymore and take the bus for school instead. She's now on the gates of their school walking towards the school building when someone grabbed her arm. She turned around. It was Yuri who was catching her breath.

Yuri: (panting) Yoong.... (breathing heavily) I..have..been calling for you since you got off the bus but it seems like you're in a deep thought and was out of your mind. Are you okay Yoong? (worried tone)

Yoona: (a bit surprised) Chinjia!? (sighs) Miahne Yuri ah...something's just bothering me...

Yuri: (worried) What is it? Is there something wrong?

Yoona: Anniyo. It's nothing Yul. (fake smile)

Yuri: come on Yoong. Even though we only met few months ago, I can already tell if you have a problem. Did something happen between you and Khun oppa?

Yoona: actually, it's about....

Just then, Yoona's phone rang. Ahe took her phone out of her bag and saw it was Nichkhun. Seeing Khun's name on her phone makes her heart sink. She was about to press the cancel button when yuri spoke.

Yuri: Is it Khun oppa? Go answer it!

Yoona hesitantly pressed the answer button and excused herself from Yuri so that she can talk to Khun in private. Yuri nodded and smiled at Yoona as ran towards the parking lot not too far away from Yuri.

Yoona: Yoboseyo?

Nichkhun: Thank God babe! Finally you answered my call. Did something happen to you? I've been calling you since friday night but you never picked any of my calls up.

Yoona: (emotionless voice) Anniyo oppa. I was just so busy and sometimes, I don't hear my phone ringing.

Nichkhun: Oh... I was so worried about you. By the way, I have good news for you.

Yoona: (pretending to be happy but cannot hide the coldness in her voice) Chinjia!? What is it?

Nichkhun: (noticed Yoona's voice) wait babe, you seem so different today. Are you sick?

Yoona: a....ann..anniyo...so, what is your surprise? (pretending to be happy)

Nichkhun: I'll be back in a week.

Yoona: (almost shouted) Mwo!?

Nichkhun: (surprised by Yoona's reaction) Oops babe! Are you so excited to see me again? But please, don't shout, it hurt my ear. (laughs)

Yoona: Miahne oppa. But why are you coming back already? I thought you still need to stay there for a month.

Nichkhun: Well. It's just that your boyfriend is so smart that he learned too fast. (laughs)

Yoona: (fake laugh) Oh I see. (hesitantly) So, see you in a week then?

Nichkhun: Okay babe, saranghae! bye!

Yoona: (felt guilty upon hearing the word 'saranghae') bye oppa...

Yoona then hung up. As soon as the call ended, Yoona whispered to herself, "Miahne oppa". Then a tear escaped from her eyes. She quickly wiped it away as she ran back to Yuri.

Yuri: (curious) So. How was it? What did Khun oppa tell you?

Yoona: he's coming back in a week...

Yuri: (can't hide her excitement) Chinjia!? I thought he still needs to stay there for a month.

Yoona: (emotionless voice) it's because he learned too fast.

Yuri: (noticed Yoona's sad look) but Yoona, aren't you happy to see him?

Yoona: (looking straight at Yuri's eyes) Yul. You are my bestfriend. I can trust you, right?

Yuri: (confused) Of course Yoona! Did you guys fight?

Just then, Yoona dragged Yuri away towards the football field. The two of them sat down in a bench shaded by a big tree. Yoona was quiet at first , but then, she hesitantly spoke.

Yoona: (looking down) Yul...I...I.. betrayed Khun oppa.

Yuri: (eyes widen with mouth widely open) Mwo!? And who's the other guy!?

Yoona: (looked striaght at Yuri's eyes) It's ...Taecyeon oppa... I'm seriously in love with him.

Yuri: (standing up from shock) Are you out of your mind!!? Didn't I warn you before!? That Ok Taecyeon will just play on you!

Yoona: (pulling Yuri back to her seat)Yul. Calm down! Will you please lower your voice!?People are staring at us.

Yuri: (hesitantly) but Yoong...

Yoona: (cut Yuri off) Listen to me first. I know this is wrong but I've never felt so inlove before when I'm with Khun oppa. I realized that, it was just brotherly love that I felt for him all along.

Yuri: (calming herself down) Does Khun oppa know about this?

Yoona: (tearing up) Anniyo. I'm planning to tell him when he's back.

Yuri: (felt sad when she saw Yoona tearing up) tell him right away when he's back. Don't let this go for so long. This is not 'so' right Yoona.

Yoona: (wiping her tears) I will. But Yul, I know you hated Taecyeon so much, but please, please understand me.

Yuri: (hesitantly) Arasso. But be careful Yoong...

Yoon athen pulled Yuri into a hug. Yoona then thanked Yuri and pulled away from the hug after a few seconds.

Yoona: Yul. Can you please help me with Khun oppa?Please help him forget about him.

Yuri: (nervous and shocked) Mwo!? Why are saying that Yoong!?

Yoona: (smiles) Yul. I know from the start that you like him. I just pretended that I didn't know.

Yuri: (stuttering) A..anniyo..you got it wrong..

Yoona: (laughs) Yul. You can't hide anything from me. Please help me Yul! I'm not telling you to make him fall in love with you. What I want is just be friendly with him. Because I know he wouldn't want to talk to Taecyeon after we tell him everything. I just want him to have a shoulder to lean on. That's all Yul.

Yuri didn't say anything. She just stared at Yoona's eyes intently. She couldn't believe what Yoona had just told her.

Yoona: I'll take that as a yes!

And then, The bell rang and the two of them headed to their class. Yuri is still on the state of recovery. She's still trying to comprehend        everything Yoona had just told her.

Yuri: (in her thoughts) Yul...don't be so abusive... You're not going to take advantage of him...Just be friendly with him because for sure, he will need a shoulder to lean on....

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to clear misunderstandings, Yoona's intention here is pure. She just wants Khun to have a friend to comfort him...

This chapter is so boring. I want to skip to the next chapters and show TaecYoon moments but I just can't:D