searching

I'm glad I found you

 

I’ve been searching for a year now. Searching for someone who, I think, will never be found. But, I will try. I know he’s there somewhere. I know he’s waiting for me. We promised to each other that no matter what will happen, he and I will be together.

Thalia Andrade, 15 years existing, pretty they say but I don’t believe and a simple high school girl with a dream to be a famous designer. Yes, that’s me Thalia but can call me Tha or Lia coz that’s what my siblings and my friends call me.

Oh Sehun, my bestfriend, will be going to pick me at 10am. Mind me, he’s not Korean he’s only an adopted son from my Korean neighbour. Even though we’ve been only friends in almost one year, there are things that he knows from me that the others don’t. I told him about this childhood friend of mine whose name is Tebby, a boy who opened my locked heart and the one who also broke it.

Today Sehun will be accompanying me into a party which Tebby is going too. In the past few days, I found out that there are similarities Sehun and Tebby shared. They have the same smile which I really adore. Sometimes I wish that Sehun is Tebby so that my life would be complete.

Upon fixing my hair, I heard Sehun knocking at my door.

“Tha aren’t you done yet?”

“Can’t you wait for a little longer? Girls need to have a nice hair, you know.”

“Whatever. Just-“

Before he could finish his sentence, I angrily opened the door. I can see him staring at me with his innocent eyes.

“Thank God you’re done. So come on.”

He grabs my shoulder and headed to their car.

“So how are we going to find your Tebby?”

“My parents have actually found him and his family. They invited my parents on their 25th wedding anniversary. Surely, Tebby is there. I heard that the event is going to be held in a grand hotel.”

Sehun just nod in response.

After 20 minutes we have already arrived at the said party. I didn’t expect Tebby’s parents are so rich now. I heard that they just moved here from Korea. So I guess they had a good life there.

In a few more minutes I can finally see the boy that I searched for. This time, I will never let him get away from me. I promise that I will treasure him.

As soon as we enter the venue, Sehun poked my cheeks asking me if he can leave me for a while.

The room is filled with banners congratulating Tebby’s parents. Speaking of parents, where are my parents anyway?

 “Thalia!” My mother called me, walking beside the visitor’s lounge.

“Come with me I’m going to change your clothes and your hair.”

“Why would you change my outfit? I spent years just to make this. Sehun even waited for me.”

“Do you want to look good infront of Tebby or not?”

Scratching the back of my head, I followed my mother immediately. Who would want to look bad in front of his crush, anyway?

I made myself sat in a comfortable chair because I’m really nervous right now.

Then, the stylist combed my hair gently. She grabbed the curler and began to do curl my hair.

After my hair, the stylist led my way on where my mother is waiting for me.

I entered a room filled with elegant dresses. As I gazed around the room, I spotted a yellow-pink dress which perfectly fits my body.

---

~This is the moment Thalia, be sure to be nice in front of Tebby. ~

I walk with my mother beside me. In this very time Tebby and I will meet finally. Reminiscing the moments we shared, I remember when we were younger back then where he and his family are living together with us. We used to play hide and seek, chasing each other and even playing pranks on our playmates. I wish I could return those lovely moments.

“Thalia, this is Tebby. Tebby this is Thalia, your childhood friend remember?”

“Yes I do.” A familiar voice answered. I think I heard this kind of voice before-

Curiously, I turned my head on where Tebby is.

Sehun is standing in front of me. Don’t tell me?

“Sehun?”

“Peks.” He answered. Tebby used to call me Peks by the way.

“Tebby?” I asked this time.

“Peks I really missed you.” Sehun embraced me with his right hand unto my head, caressing my hair.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about myself. I’m sorry that I lied to you. All this time I’m right by your side watching you waiting for me. I just can’t tell you because I’m afraid.”

“Tebby? Are you really Tebby?”

Sehun, who is originally Tebby, didn’t respond anymore. He cupped my cheeks, sweet lips landed into mine. At first I didn’t know what to do, but I got carried away by his sweetness.

He is the first guy who I gave my kiss.

He hugged me again. This time he promised that he will never leave me and will lie to me. He told me not to call Tebby anymore because he has so many bad memories with that name. I asked him why but he just responds with-

“Saranghae Thalia”

“Nado Saranghae, Sehun.”

I’m really blind for not seeing this guy in front of me, who I searched for years but he is actually at myside, but he’s the worst. He is mute for not telling me about his self sooner.

But I glad that he is actually with me, right by my side.

I'm glad I found you.

 

 

 

 

 


thank you for reading. pls support my other fics. Sarangmnida