Revealing Raspberry

Our ɖʋɭɭ │ ᴮᴿᴵᴳᴴᵀ Life

 

 

“Thanks for babysitting, Chul!”

“It’s fine.” Heechul looks at baby Taemin who is wiggling on the carpet as Donghae gathers his things to go to work.


“Taeminnie~” Heechul sings. “You can call me Heenim, ne? We’ll have fun.” Babysitting isn’t so bad, as long as Taemin doesn’t start crying and there are no dirty diapers he is ok. Heechul looks up to see Donghae frozen in place. He an eyebrow when Donghae just points at him confusedly.

“What’d you say?”

“Um, we’ll have fun?”

“No. Hee…nim?”

“Oh,” Heechul laughs and sees Eunhyuk come down the stairs. “It’s like a nickname of mine.”

“Hey Donghae,” Eunhyuk slips on his rain jacket. “Ready to go-”

“OHMYGOD! You’re Heenim? Like texting Heenim who he talks about all the time! Heechul.. Heenim! I should’ve

guessed! Wait, Yoona didn’t tell you, right? That Handy Han is-”


Eunhyuk roughly pulls Donghae to the door cutting him off. “We really have to go.”

Heechul stands up abruptly. “Wait, who talks about me all the time? You know the pie maker?”

Eunhyuk pushes Donghae out the door before he can speak. “Later, Chul. Onew is bringing Sulli and Minho by too. And don’t go outside, it’s supposed to rain all day!”

 

 

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

 

 

“Uncle Chul, I’m hungeyyy.” Minho is pouting and rubbing his stomach as Heechul tries to get a signal on his phone while rocking Taemin in his crib.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m missing pie too. Where’s your sister?”

Minho shrugs. “Sulli went potty. I don’t like pie! I want meat!”

Heechul really doesn’t like children once they can speak. He finds some books for Minho to read and goes back to his phone. Donghae’s words are still ringing in his ear. How did he know about his nickname? Obviously, he must have had some contact with Geng, and quite often too. Donghae runs into him frequently. Yoona sees Geng regularly. Hyoyeon seems to know something. Eunhyuk doesn’t want to bring it up. A sudden thought occurs to Heechul and when he gets a signal he texts Geng in a flash.

what are they chances that weve already run into each other?

He stops himself from biting his nails and fidgeting when the reply comes instantly.

I’m certain I would have remembered a beauty like you ;)

Heechul smiles for two reasons: 1) Noticeable flirting and 2) Geng’s caught his emoticon disease.

you dont even know what i look like

Yoona has vouched for you

everyone has diff tastes loverboy

True. There is a flood warning by the way. Is the farm you are staying at near the river? Mine is, so I moved to high ground.

Heechul remembers Eunhyuk saying something about rain. But the same thought from before resurfaces.

like i said what are the chances we live on the same farm?

The phone rings through the small cottage and Heechul jumps a little.

“Chullie!” May’s panicked voice belts out. “The warning- there’s a river.. it might.. oh god.. hurry.” she speaks so rushed that Heechul can barely make out what she’s saying.

“Chul!” He hears Yoona’s voice. “Listen, there’s a dam upstream that is overflowing and the Maxis House is on low ground and right in range. We’re all going to the Manor cuz it’s on high ground, ok?”

Heechul starts to feel a little scared. “I have the kids with me and what about Donghae and Eunhyuk?”

“It’s fine. Some farm hands headed down already so if you leave now you’ll probably meet them half way. Please, grab the kids and hurry. If you d-”

Suddenly the line cuts off. Heechul blinks at it and he can feel his heart speed up.

“Minho!” He grabs Taemin from the crib and rushes to the door. Opening it a pool of water immediately spills into the house. He shuts it swiftly and looks at the water on the floor, already up to his ankles. He squeezes Taemin tight as his breath comes out in big gasps.

“Minho! Sulli!” He runs to the kitchen to see Minho looking out the window and shouting about water. Heechul gasps when he sees the river in the distance. Well, not in the distance anymore since it is overflowing so much that trees he saw before are knocked over and there is water pushing up and splashing against the cottage window. “Minho, come on! Where’s Sulli?”

Minho shrugs again and Heechul is definitely panicking now. He runs upstairs with Taemin and drags Minho behind him until he reaches the bedroom window that leads to the roof. He opens the window and sees the water quickly rising below. After repeating a bunch of swear words in his head he finally loses it when he sees Sulli on top of a big rock in front of the house.

“What the is she doing out there?” And he could really care less that he just swore in front of a kid because a big rush of water comes and sweeps Sulli away.

He can see her struggling. How could a five-year-old even know how to swim in calm water let alone this? It’s ridiculous. She is going to die.

He moves so fast, hands Taemin to Minho, tells them to stay put and the next thing he knows he’s jumping from the window into the cold water below which is now covering half the house. He can’t see the front door anymore, but he can see Sulli, kicking and trying to swim. He hates water, but quickly moves through the frigid current to get to the girl.

He feels like crying, like this is all too familiar. He thinks of his mom and curses for having these thoughts now. This is how she died; trying to save him from drowning. It’s ironic because she died on this same farm, in the lake to the east. She probably struggled the same way, wanting to save her little boy from the watery depths. He is pulled under and when he comes back up coughing he can’t see Sulli. He gets submerged a second time and thinks that this must be it. Just like his mother, this must be the end. It’s so silent under water, so calm, but it’s increasingly depressing. He never told his dad that he forgives him. He never told Geng that he’s more than a stranger to him. He’ll never be able to.

The hands on him think otherwise. In a flash, he’s cold and coughing and his head hurts and there’s light, but it hurts to open his eyes. There’s a distinct buzzing in the air and someone telling him that he’s okay. When he can finally see probably he’s shocked.

He’s there.

Hot Farmer.


In a motorized dingy, with Minho who’s holding a crying Taemin and looks very scared. “Hold on!” Han shouts and Heechul sees another child beside him.

“Oh god, Sulli!” Heechul hugs her so tightly and she’s crying, and he’s crying.

He looks up at Han, whose face is rigid and staring straight, steering the boat to the manor.

It’s not a flying superman, but he’ll take it.

 

 

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

 

 

Onew, Eunhyuk and Donghae come flying to them first, hugging the crying children and sobbing incoherently. Heechul feels guilty when they thank and hug him because he didn’t save them, he failed at saving them. They are all rushed inside and given blankets to keep warm.

“Heechul!” May rushes to him and hugs him. Heechul can see Hot Farmer’s odd face from across the room; like someone had just told him Santa isn’t real. What’s that look for?

Leeteuk comes rushing in with the rest of the farm hands, who all are talking about animal losses and how they secured what they could. Many farms in the area have both animal and human injuries.

Heechul takes out his phone in a panic to text Geng. Of course it has water damage.

“Yoona, can you text Geng?” Yoona stares at him oddly and opens . Hyoyeon, Donghae and Eunhyuk all look strange. Heechul ignores it because he really needs to know that Geng is alright. “Please, Yoona. Just text Geng or give me his number so I can call it.” Yoona again opens and she looks around uncomfortably. Heechul notices her staring behind him and he turns to see Hot Farmer checking his own phone.

Heechul feels like he’s suddenly putting together a very obvious puzzle.

“Yoona,” he asks slowly and the chatter in the room has died down a bit as May is handing out hot soup. He tries to keep his voice low. “Is Geng okay?” He doesn’t take his eyes off Hot Farmer, who lifts his eyes all of a sudden to meet Heechul’s. He looks shocked.

Yoona puts her hand on his shoulder. “Listen, Heechul, I-”

“Okay?” May goes to hand a cup of soup to Heechul. “Of course, he’s okay. Han Geng’s right here, Chullie!” May points over to Hot Farmer. “I didn’t know you were so close to Handy Han!”

“Snap,” Yoona whispers.                                    

“Well, cat’s outta the bag.” Hyoyeon sighs to the room.

Everyone’s suddenly asking what happened, what’s the confusion about and Heechul is just staring at Geng who is staring at him.

Han Geng.

Geng.

Hot Farmer.

Handy Han.

They’re all the same person. He’s the secret pie maker, the farmer, and his texting buddy. He’s one in the same.

Heechul runs out of the room before his tears can fall.

 


Let me know what you think in the comments! Thanks for reading!

 

YOU SILENT READERS SHALL NOT PASS!!!!
well you will but still please comment/subscribe etc :o)

C O M M E N T