Final

Over It

My tears fell down together with the rain. I looked up and thought, why do I always end up this way with him?

Key and I were in school when it started raining and it was unlucky for me to have left my umbrella at home. But I thought, I`m lucky enough to get stuck with Key at the moment. He told me he didn`t have an umbrella and offered for us to stay until the rain stopped. I agreed, feeling happy. I`m going to have a time alone with him. Just then, Jonghyun came and stopped beside Key. He was smiling, looking at both of us and he was holding an umbrella.

“Aren`t you guys going home yet?” He asked.

Key shook his head and answered, “Nah. Minho and I don`t have umbrellas so we thought of staying here, waiting for the rain to stop.”

“I see.” He nodded. “Would you like to share the umbrella with me?” Jonghyun was asking not the both of us, but Key.

I saw Key was about to shake his head no but I interrupted against my will. I know I want to spend time with him and all but I`m thinking this is for the good of Key. What if the rain didn`t stop? He wouldn`t be able to go home early. “You can go with Jjong-hyung, Key.” I said, forcing a smile. “You should go home.”

“Why? What about you?” Key asked, not a hint of worry.

That pained my heart. “I`ll be okay. Hopefully, the rain stops soon. Go ahead.”

“Okay then,” Key shrugged. “Call me when you get home. I`ll come visit you.” He took my hand and squeezed it. “Let`s go, Jjong.”

Jonghyun nodded and opened his umbrella. “See you, Minho.” He said then both of them started to walk away, leaving me behind.

I watched them as they started talking, Key laughing and looking so angelic.

Saranghae. I thought, looking away as tears started to blur my sight.

Key is my best friend. To be honest, we always argue even at small things. Sometimes, he even discourages me when I`m singing and dancing because he knew I`m not that good at it. He embarrasses me in front of people most of the time and he even calls me a frog. But even so, it never changed my feelings for him. If what he`s doing to me makes him happy, then I`ll do my best not to show him I`m hurting.

I stepped out, making myself soaking wet. My tears fell down together with the rain. I looked up and thought, why do I always end up this way with him? Every time we`re alone, it`s either we argue or Jonghyun-hyung comes for him. Key knew my feelings for him but looking at the way he treats me, still nothing changed. Although he`s gone kind to me in some ways, nothing changed. He told me he likes me too but I know he took it as a “best friend kind of like”. I knew I`ll never have a chance.

The next day, I got sick. Key kept on calling me but I didn`t answer my phone. He left me text messages but I didn`t reply. His first text was “Yah, Minho. You`re late.” Then a “Where the hell are you?” Then a “Your name is being called.” Then a “You`re marked absent.” Then he called and called but I didn`t answer. He texted again. “Why aren`t you answering my calls?” Then a “Minho, are you sick?” Then a “Did you walk your way home under the rain?” Then a “Pabo yah! Answer me!”

I stared at the ceiling, hearing my phone ringing again. “I said I am not going to answer his calls.” I muttered.

I have to get over it… To get over him. I have to move on. It`s getting really painful now… Especially when I`m thinking about Jonghyun-hyung and Key. Why was I trying to run from the fact that they love each other?

***

It was 1:00 in the morning when I heard my phone ringing again. I grunted, trying to find it while my eyes were still shut. So I fell asleep, I didn`t notice. When I felt it vibrating, I grabbed it and tried to open my eyes to see who`s calling. I mean, who the hell else would call me pass midnight?

Key.

I sat up. My heart started to beat fast at the sight of his name, flashing on my cellphone screen. I remembered how I didn`t answer his texts and calls. I was giving him a cold shoulder. I was tired… Tired from hoping, tired from chasing when I know for a fact that I`ll never have a chance with him. Never.

I decided to answer, holding my head. Ugh, headaches. “Yeobosaeyo?” I mumbled.

“Minho.”

Just hearing him saying my name sent chills down my spine, making my heart beat faster.

“Key…”

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” His voice sounded like he was panting, like he was running. “Are you?”

“Yeah.” His voice was quiet now. “I just thought I`d… call you and stuff. Why are you absent?”

“I wasn`t feeling well.”

“Walked home under the rain?”

“Yeah.”

“Got sick?”

“Yeah.”

“Knew it.” He muttered. “Why aren`t you answering my calls? You`re not even replying to my texts.”

“I… I was asleep the whole day.” I lied then I heard shuffling sounds from the other line. “What`s that?”

“Nothing.” He was whispering. I don`t know why but I started to feel the pain in my heart again.

“Jagiya… Are you talking to someone?”

Jjong-hyung. I figured Key covered his phone a little.

“Are you with someone?” I dumbly asked. Pabo.

“I`m alone. I was just watching television.” He said quietly. “I just called to check up on you. Get well soon, Minho. See you.” Then he hung up.

I didn`t notice the tears streaming down on my cheeks until one dropped at the back on my hand.

Alright. I`m over it…