You Promised Me -One Shot-

You Promised Me {DooJoon One-Shot}

Oh, Doo Joon, You make so many promises

 

You promised me we were going to last

You promised me you will never hurt me

You promised me you will always love me

Why? Why must you make such useless promises?

Don't you remember we promised to stay together, forever in love?

 

-FlashBack (3 years ago)-

 

"Oppa....Are you sure?" I asked startled and surprised.

"Yes. Of course, I'm sure. W-would you g-go out with me?" he asked me, with so much confidence yet shyly.

"Kamsamida, Oppa. Thank you. I would love to go out with you!" I replied, eagerly happy.

"Really, _____? Chincha? Wha! Yay! I promise I will never hurt you, take care of you, be together..." he exclaimed, chattering with lots of promises.

-End of Flashback-

 

I replayed all our memories together

I realized that all of your promises, were just empty, nothing with love, pain, or even sadness, just plain empty

 

You promised me you will be there when I'm sad or lonely

You promised me to never argue with me again

You promised me you will hold me at night when it gets cold at night

You promised me that you were only thinking of me

You said I was your world

Am I really your world, when you bring me pain?

 

-FlashBack (2 years ago)-

I stood there in front of the park, like he told me to

I waited patiently for him

"I wonder what surprise he got for me on our anniversary?" I thought, happily. Forgetting all the pain he's done.

 

I saw a guy, drunk, walking crookedly towards me.

"What the hell? Who's that? Wait. Oh my...is that...Doo Joon?" I thought to myself, confused

 

I ran to him and caught him, before he fell.

 

"I...*hiccup*have something to...*hiccup*tell you..." he said, drunk of course.

I waited patiently, anxious what he will say next.

 

"I've...*hiccup*been with...*hiccup* with Sunny...*hiccup*since our first 3 months into our relationship..." he confessed, sadly. Looking down in shame. Then looked into my eyes, awaiting for what will come next.

I let go of him, about to stand up, but he grabbed my wrist, pulled me into a tight embrace, and started to feed me empty promises, again. Not wanting to let go of me. Desperately keeping both of us sane, or just him.

"I promise you, there's nothing between me and Sunny. There's only love in our relationship. I swear. I promise you she's nothing to me, just a girl."

But I didn't process it. I pushed him away, stood up, and started walking away from him, numbly. As I left the park, I heard him yelling and cursing to himself, something like, "WHY AM I SO STUPID!!!" or " I NEED YOU" or "PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME"

I crawled into my bed and cried till I was tearless, not able to cry again. I lied there crying softly, sleepless. Thinking, "why did he have to cheat on me? Am I not good enough for him?"

------------

I got up from my wet, drenched pillow, to answer the door. Of course I knew who it was. Yoon Doo Joon.

I opened the door, he looked terrible. He had puffed up red eyes, messy hair, and wore the same clothes the night before.

"______ mianhe. Please don't leave me. I promise you I will never hurt you ever again. I promise you I'll leave Sunny and forget her, if you want me to, ok?" he begged me, pleading me on his knees. He knew I had a weakness for pitiful acts.

I stood there quietly, shaken with pain and guilt.

"You'll break up with Sunny?" I whispered, quietly.

"Yes! Yes, of course I will," he said, happily, getting up to hug me.

Then I forgave him. How stupid was I?

-End of Flashback-

 

You promised me you would break up with her

You promised me you'll never cheat on me with anyone, anymore

You promised me you only saw me in your eyes

Was I really the only person in you eyes?

 

You promised me you'll never keep secrets from me, ever again

You promised me you'll never lie to me, again

But, can you really keep promises, Doo Joon?

 

I'm fed up with you, Doo Joon!

 

-FlashBack (3 days ago)-

I went to a restaurant for a lunch meeting with my co-workers, about our next project. As I was walking, on the smooth marble surface of the nice restaurant, I saw a couple, staring into each other's eyes, seductively. I heard words, coming from them, like "love", "you", "only", "woman", "my heart". I became curious of the couple. I looked closely at the couple. I was shocked, it was Doo Joon and...woah,...is that ... Sunny? I was so shocked that I froze and became a part of the restaurant's statue collections. Then one of my co-workers shook me to reality. "_____-shi, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Hold on a minute, I have to deal with something," I said, a bit to harshly. I told her to go somewhere else. I stormed off to the lovey-dovey couple. I was finally fed up with you, Yoon Doo Joon.

I stomped to the couple, with my black professional high heels clattering the marble floor, which caused the lovey-dovey couple to look up. Doo Joon was startled at first, but then became both embarrassed and afraid, when I approached then, in better view.

"What the hell is this? HUH? Why're you with this...?" I asked accusingly,pointing at Sunny, without letting him speak up. "Why are you still with her? You promised me you'll never keep any secrets from me, ever again! You promised me you'll never lie to me! Oh! Wait...that's right, you can't keep promises, can you? Hahaha," I humorlessly laughed.

"You promised me you'll never hurt me! But NO~! You keep on hurting me inside when you keep doing this to me. And yet I was stupid enough to believe you. You keep feeding me lies and empty promises.  Is that what you do to this girl, too? Make promises? Lies? It's over YOON DOO JOON!!! It's completely over!!!" I yelled, all in one breath of anger. Not caring about the attention I brought upon us.

Doo Joon just sat there, with tears beginning to fill his eyes. He was speechless, not able to move his own muscles. I didn't wait for him to say anything. I walked off, realizing tears were rolling down from my eyes. I loved you, Yoon Doo Joon. But no, he just doesn't realize how much I love him. He doesn't love me enough to realize that.

-End of Flashback-

 

Now I realize how empty your promises were

I truly loved you, Doo Joon, I really did. But you don't love me back do you? That's why you never bothered to call me anymore.

It may take a while to learn to love someone else again, but I'll find someone else, who can keep promises with enough love, passion, pain, or even sadness.

Please, Doo Joon, never again feed empty promises to other people you love. You may actually get hurt.

Please at least keep this one promise for me.

Never feed useless lies or promises again.

 

Please promise me that.

 

 

----------

Rukia1335 here!!! SO tell me what you think?

I liked it very much

Please don't hate me because i made Doo Joon Into a jackass!!!

and sorry for bringing Sunny into this story!! They both just fit so well in my one shot!!!

I hoped you liked it!!!