Chapter THIX.

My Life is Like Cinderella..but...

“Sure, I guess.”

            Katrina and Karina came to our table. It probably ruined lunch for me. Why did they have to be here on the first day of school? Didn’t I remind them to stay away from me before school started this morning? Katrina and Karina were a bit shocked at seeing a boy at the school. They tell Ji Soo to move aside for both of them and tell one of the students to go grab their lunches for them. I told the students to not worry about it and to go enjoy their first day of lunch since they were freshmen.

            “Ya! Are you crazy? We want lunch?”

            “Well then if you want lunch, then I suggest that you go get your own lunch YOURSELF.”

            “Don’t make us tell mom. You know we will.”

            “I’m pretty sure she’ll take my side because first of all, she’s MY biological mother, not yours. And second of all, you guys are all grown up to go walk to the lunch and go grab them YOURSELVES.”

            “Why? Are you boy hogging now?”

            “Boy hogging? What’s that suppose to mean? This is Mrs. Jung son.” I questioned them. “Jung Daehyun, these are my stepsisters. The one Ji Soo and I were talking about this morning.”

            “Ah! The dancers?”

            “Aw! Dongsaeng, you told him about us. Aren’t you so sweet. So Jung Daehyun, what did she tell you about us?”

            “Well, she said…” he paused for a while. I looked at him giving him a look to say to them that I didn’t say anything bad about them. He nodded.

            “Well, she said you guys were GREAT dancers, you guys were REALLY nice, and you guys are also AMAZING singers.” I didn’t expect him to exaggerate THAT much when I told him to not say anything bad about them.

            “Dongsaeng, we won’t be home tonight. Mommy just called Karina and told her to tell you that we will be dragging along with you.”

            “No I’m good. I’m staying at school. Probably be in the dance room or the student council room working on stuff.”

            “Dongsaeng, come on. You know you have to respect us-“

            “Please. No more of that respecting stuff. It’s getting annoying when really, you guys should earn your respects. I earned my respect from the cousins and the elders. You still haven’t. So let’s stop talking about it.”

            Ji Soo and Daehyun giggled. In the end, it turned into a burstment of laughter from both of them. The twins left me alone and Daehyun responded with, “Respect? It feels like they need to respect you more. You’re the flippin president of the school.”

            “Haha you guys. Let’s stop it. There’s really no point in saying stupid stuff.”

            “Hey, I heard that you won’t be picked up today. Wanna hang then? We can plan the showcase and we can get to know more about each other!”

            “Umm…what about my stepsisters?”

            “We can let them be. If they call, give me your phone.”

            “But…mind if Ji Soo can come?”

            “Yeah that’s fine. I at least get to know the main committee members of the student council. Let’s check with her first.”

            “YAH! HAN JI SOO!”

            “Yea! What’s up?”

            “Did you ask your mom yet if we can hang? Daehyun’s wondering if we can hang.”

            “Well actually, I asked her..and then she wanted to bring you along.”

            “Lemme check with my mom first!”

            “YAH! YOU STILL HAVEN’T DONE IT YET?”                                                   

            “Mian! I’m gonna call her right now!”

            As Ji Soo called her mom, Daehyun still was crowded by a bunch of girls, and well he was trying to talk and eat with me. It’s pretty funny seeing him like this.

–BABUM BABUM BABUM- ouch. Why does my heart feel like this? It’s painful. I grabbed some water and gulped it down.

“Hey there fishy! No need to drink that much water alright?” Daehyun joked.

-BABUM BABUM BABUM- Why is my heart like this? I gulped down my water again.

“Hey! Ye Eun! Did you hear me? Are you okay?

“Yea I’m fine. What’d you say? Sorry!”

“Calm down little fishy. Here’s my water bottle. Drink up!”

“Thanks Daehyun. That helps my world a bit better.” I laughed and so did he. His laugh and smile is really cute. WAIT. YE EUN. SNAP OUT OF THIS. WHAT ARE YOU DOING. STAHP. Why is my heart feeling uncomfortable. I gulped down Daehyuns’ water.

“Hey Ye Eun! Seriously, are you okay?”

“Yea! Why do you ask?”

“I don’t know, you just gulped down your water in four big gulps, and now you’re halfway done with my water bottle.”

“Mian. Yea I’m fine. Just ya know, a little thirsty!”

“More like you need an ocean to fill your thirst.”

“Shut up. Didn’t need that sarcasm buddy. Haha…”

We both laughed. His laugh. Omo. My chest! GAH! What is wrong with my chest? Why is it stiffing up so much? I drank more of Daehyun’s water bottle. What is wrong with me today? Ji Soo finally came over and she saw that one bottle is empty and that I had a half water bottle in my hand. She rushed over and she looked scared and worried. “Ye Eun! What is going on? What’s happening? What’s wrong?”

Daehyun looked over with a worried look. “Ye Eun, seriously. You’re already done with my water bottle. Seriously. Are you. Flipping okay?”

“Yea I’m fine! Why is there so many questions-“

“YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN! PUT ME DOWN!”

Daehyun carried me to the nurses office. All the girls were looking at me and Ji Soo. This is truly embarrasing. Especially for the president of the school. As Daehyun dropped me in the office, the nurse, Doctor Ji Eun, she came in with a confused look on her face. “Sir, you do understand that this is an all girls’ school right?”

“Doctor! She needs help. My mother is Jung Kimberly. The principal of this school. I will answer all questions later. But right now, please help her. She’s been drinking A LOT of water.”

“Shouldn’t that be normal for girls? I mean, we drink A LOT of water when our menstrual period comes. President Ye Eun-ssi, is it that time for you?”

“Umm…” I hesitated. Daehyun took me over here for no reason. I looked over at him, and he looked at me with worried eyes. We just met, why is he already worrying about me?”

“Doctor! Is Ye Eun okay? What’s happening with her. I know it’s not her menstrual period timing. YAH! KIM YE EUN! WHAT’S HAPPENING?”

“You guys, it’s nothing. You guys are worrying about nothing. It could be my menstrual period. Sorry Daehyun, but seriously, you worried about nothing. I’m all good. My timing could be early this month! Hehe..see! I’m ALL good.” I stood up to show them I was the same Ye Eun.

“I don’t know Ye Eun. I think we need to have you stay here for a moment.”

“Doctor, please watch over her. I don’t want my partner to change at all.”

“YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN! What are you talking about boy? I’m just working with you for our show that’s coming up.”

“And? There could be other projects coming up in the school as well!”

“Whatever, sorry to disturb you Doctor Song. I’ll make sure nothing happens.”

“That’s fine. Although, Ye Eun, please do stay in, we need to talk. The rest of you, please leave my office. It was nice meeting you Jung…”

“Jung Daehyun. My name is Jung Daehyun.”

“It was nice meeting you Daehyun. Ji Soo, please wait with him outside my office.”

As they left, I stayed.

“Yah, Kim Ye Eun, this never happened before. It’s rare to see the president of the cabinet here in my office. Seriously, what’s up?”

“Haha…thanks! I don’t know. When I see Daehyun, my chest starts to stiffen up, and then everything goes all a-wall. I seriously have no clue. And no, it’s not a heart burn, nor is it me on my monthly check in.”

“If your chest starts to hurt, OH MY GOODNESS. I THINK THE PRESIDENT IS IN LOVE!”

“WHAT? NEVER. AS THE PRESIDENT OF THE SCHOOL AND AS A FACE OF GSA, I CAN NEVER FALL IN LOVE.”

“Whatever, just make sure you don’t stress out yourself too much alright? I get it, you’re the president of the school, the face of the school, you represent the girls, but seriously, you need some you time as well.I declare that you will need a GNO soon, or a hangout with ALL of your friends. Without your siblings of course.”

“Thanks Doctor.”

“GO HAVE FUN WOMAN. YOU NEED A LITTLE DE-STRESSER SOMETIMES! Here’s a flyer for a class I’m teaching. Yoga class. It could help you a bit. Invite your friends. Classes are free for you and your 3 friends you can bring.”

“Thanks Doc. It really means a lot to me.”

“And it would mean a lot to me if you came.”

“Are you trying to get me to help you advertise?”

“Never! My classes are completely full. You’re lucky I can stuff you in for some room. I never do that!”

“Doc. Classes aren’t full are they.”

“They will be if you bring yourself and your three friends!”

“DOC! What is this? Fine!”

“What? Is there a problem? It’s killing two birds with one stone! I just need to beat the other teachers that are teaching as well!”

“SO IT’S MORE LIKE KILLING THREE BIRDS WITH ONE STONE. HORRIBLE! Might as well just kill a whole complete flock. My point is, thanks. I’ll see if I can make it.”

“Call me if you need a ride alright? Call Ji Soo in for me please.”

“Mmhmm.”

As I left the office, I opened the door, I looked at Daehyun and he looked straight at me, with the worried face still. Goodness. His face. Why? “Uhh…Ji Soo! Doc wants you!”

“Me? Why me?”

As she left for the office, I waited for Ji Soo. Daehyun still kept looking at me, while I said hi to the other students and made sure they headed to class. He still kept looking at me when I was looking at the floor, my shoes, my nails, anything for me to not look at him.