Movie Night

You Are My Sunshine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter three; 

                 movie night

 

» jaejoong For the  following days, I visited the cafe every day to get my daily dose of  caffeine as well as a daily dose of Dara. She was probably the first friend I've found since I moved here, except for the guys on the soccer team at Strong Heart Academy who I started training with. The guys found it strange that I would leave straight after practice and not hang out with them at the pub, but I would make excuses about chores at home or helping out with my family. It makes me guilty that I'm lying to them, but somehow I don't feel like telling them about Dara. I think they wouldn't really understand how  much we chat over everything under the sun anyways.

 

"I think the Americano is growing on me," I confessed when Dara brought my order to the table, sitting on the seat opposed to me. "I'm afraid girly drinks like frappucino aren't really my type."

 

Dara rolled her eyes but it came off as rather cute and entertaining than condescending. Today she was wearing her long hair in curly pigtails, like an elementary school girl. Still, she looked really adorable. "Jaejoong, how can frappucinos be girly? There are no girly or boyish drinks out there. There's only good-" she gestured with both of her hands to the cafe "-and bad-" she pointed to the McDonalds across the street "-drinks, okay? Stop being so imaginative."

 

"Well I'm saying there are." I insisted as I took a sip of my coffee. "Oh yeah, Dara. Guess what? I got the part-time job I interviewed for yesterday."

 

"What! Really?" Dara exclaimed, clapping her hands excitedly. "You mean the one at the bowling alley? Wow, good for you! It would be so nice to work at a bowling alley! You can bowl all you want, and practice until you can get ten strikes in a row..." Her dreamy expression made me nearly choke with laughter on my coffee.

 

"I'm pretty sure my boss wouldn't let me. Plus, I'm already pretty good at it," I boasted smugly. When it comes to sports, I totally own the game.

 

"Yeah yeah yeah. We'll see if you're so confident when we meet at the bowling alley." Dara poked me playfully.

 

"I welcome the challenge. You can come by anytime you want. What book are you reading today?" It was nearing dinnertime, so less customers are coming in, giving Dara time to read the books she wanted. It's quite refreshing. Even though I like all the employees at the cafe, the others would start sliding their phones or doze off during breaktime, but not Dara. She would take the latest magazine or a book she liked off the shelves, and read through it so quickly as if she was dying to get to the ending. 

 

"Eragon," she replied, half into her world of imaginary creatures as she flipped the page. I smiled inwardly to myself, and look at her once in  a while. She doesn't notice it since she's so concentrated with reading. I like watching her expressive face as she goes through the plot. I don't have to read a word to tell if the plot has reached the or not. Barely halfway through the book, she suddenly closes it with a shriek, earning some curious stares from the other customers. "Oh oh oh! Wait a minute, I forgot it's movie night with Jiyong! Ah, he's going to kill me! Taeyang, I have to leave early today! I can't wash the dishes. I'll wash them tomorrow, I swear!" With that, she hurriedly put the book back in its place on the shelf, and ran into the storage room to take off her apron. Huh? Who's Jiyong? Her brother? I never heard of Dara mentioning having any siblings. She was always jealous when I told her about the funny adventures Hyun Joong, Taeyeon and I get into when we were younger, so maybe she is the only child. Then who was this Jiyong? Could it be...her boyfriend? Somehow that thought made me sick to the stomach. 

 

"Relax, Dara. You don't have work tomorrow. Plus, he said he'll get you from work himself. There's really no need to rush." Taeyang laughed from the counter as Dara almost tripped over her shoelaces. He glanced at me for a moment before continuing. "However it would be smart of you to go out before he comes."

 

"Who is Jiyong?" I got up, walking towards Dara, who was grabbing her bag clumsily from the closet. I hope my voice sounded more casual than I feel at the moment. Dara looked at me in confusion.

 

"You don't know who Jiyong is?" I shook my head. "For real?! I was sure that I told you about Jiyong! How could I have forgotten to tell you, he's like the most important person in my life!" I flinched slightly, not liking how it's sounding so far. Dara looked at the ceiling thoughtfully. "OK, maybe not THE most important person, because Papa Teddy would always be the most important in my life. But Jiyong is pretty close. There's like THAT-" she held up her index finger and thumb, with little space between them "-much difference between how important they are. Well I don't know, maybe even le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter