You're Fired

Catching 25

 

"You're fired."
 
"What?!" Agent Byun hollered defensively.
 
"Calm down, Baek," Agent Park cooed, "She's not being serious."
 
"But I am," Agent Lee corrected. "You both have caused me nothing but irritation ever since you two stepped foot into this building. You have been responsible for exactly twenty-four cases. Exactly how many cases have you solved?" 
 
Agent Byun sunk into his seat, but even though they never solved any, Agent Park opened his mouth and argued, "All of them."
 
Agent Lee stared at him intensely with narrowed eyes and growled, "I am sick of your little remarks, and I will celebrate your absence. Neither of you are fit for this professional atmosphere; you don't even address each other properly. We never use an agent's first name because it may give off the wrong impress--"
 
Suddenly, Agent Lee got a call and her desk speaker revealed an overly familiar voice that purred, "Chaelin-ah, you said you'd let me know when you're done--"
 
"Agent Kwon!" she hissed impulsively, agitated seeing the smirk growing agross Agent Park's face. "Do not address me so informally while I am still working!"
 
"Oh?" the voice continued purring, unfazed. "I hope you didn't forget. You said after you're done, we--"
 
"Good-bye!" Agent Lee jammed her finger into the mute button, clenched her forehead, and sighed audibly. Realizing that the doofuses were still in her office, she shooed them aggressively. "Pack up all your things and leave. I want you both out of here in half an hour." After she had slammed her door, she called back her boyfriend.
 
The two went on their way to collect their belongings, first to Agent Byun's office because it was closer. 
 
"This is all your fault," Agent Byun mumbled as he pouted and pushed his dongsaeng. He then retaliated by extending his foot to trip his hyung. "Ow!" Agent Byun whined, although not experiencing any pain.
 
"Dude, wait!" Agent Park whispered loudly, to the point where it was hardly a whisper, and firmly gripped  his friends arm and wrist. "Aren't those the new guys going into Chaelin's office? The rookies are getting the newest case?"
 
"Wow, yeah," Agent Byun noticed.  
 
"Maybe we should go see," Agent Park suggested.
 
Agent Byun pondered and decided, "I don't think we should; we've already been fired. How much trouble do you want to get into?"
 
"Think about it, Baek-hyung," he reasoned. "Maybe if we hear what they're doing, and solve the case better and faster, Agent Lee would have no choice but to hire us back!"
 
Already being pulled around, Agent Byun whined, "But what about our stuff?"
 
"We'll pick it all up on the way out," he dismissed.