Awake

That's Love With Super Junior

Minchan's POV:

 

"Uncle Song? You remember me?" Doctor Song asked, making me giggle softly and nod. "Of course, how could I forget you?" I asked him, blinking a bit as I looked around more. "My full name, dear?" The beeps of the heart monitor made me smile, hearing every beat my heart made. "Doctor Jonghyun Song, the brother of Officer Jungmin Song." I could kind of get the hint of what happened to me. I was probably in a coma, from the incident of when I got shot.

 

"This... This is a miracle... You remember everything? Every detail of your life and what not?" I nodded. "Everything... I guess my rest was worth it? What happened... Last week? I mean, I'm assuming that's when it happened, right? When I got shot and was taken into the serious life or death matter?" The three looked at each other. "What? Wasn't it last week? I mean, when everyone came and visited me, it felt like each conversation was an hour each."

 

Uncle Song shook his head. "Minchan, you've been asleep for two years and a half." I gasped, making my eyes widened. I slumped into bed, thinking about what was just said. "Wait, when? What's the date!?" "It's December 8th, 2012, Mrs. Kim." One of the nurses said, making me put a hand on my chest. "Good god, has it really been that long? I mean, I remembered it happening around the last few weeks of July of 2010."

 

Soon, Uncle Song walked over to me with a gentle smile. "It doesn't matter how long you've been in here, sleeping, Minchan. All that matters is that you woke up and you're alive. Now, that doesn't mean we're going to release you now. Oh no, we are so going to do more and more tests on you just to make sure you are capable enough to live in the world with or without help." I nodded with a smile. "Of course, you can do that. But, can you at least have my family come over? I would love to see Umma and Appa, Jongjin Oppa. Everyone."

 

He nodded before looking over at the nurses. "Please get the other doctors who have been working with Minchan report here as soon as possible. We need to check her within the next hour or so." They nodded and rushed out, closing the door quietly. He looked back at me and smiled.

 

"Now, when you said that you heard people visit you, what did that mean?" I blinked a bit. "Well, I kind of had the sense as to who was here and who wasn't. Oppa, Jongjin Oppa, Umma, Appa, Minji Unnie, Chunhee, the individual Super Junior members, and Infinite as well. I could just tell they were there, and just a few points at times, I heard them talking to me. Some talked about their relationship problems, and some talked about their life. But then again, I could've been dreaming, right?"

 

Uncle Song couldn't help but chuckle, shrugging a bit. "Honestly, I can't give you a confirmed answer. I mean, I've dealt with patients who have been through a coma, and they told me their experiences. Everyone was different from the other, and mostly they would forget about every single thing. But you are one of the most amazing cases I've had. I mean, remembering everything?" I nodded. "Yes, I remembered everything."

 

"Well, of course we're going to have to test that as well. After all the medical procedures and all, we'll test your memory and everything else. From what I'm feeling, the longest you'll be in here is a month. And that's only just for extra precaution, I'm sure your parents would love for you to be under extra care for a while as well as try to get everything back into position for you." I smiled and nodded. "Of course, I would like it that way."

 

Soon, a knock came from the door, and in came four more doctors. All of their faces were similar, but then again, I have attended all of the Song's families' business parties before my coma and such. "Oh my goodness, I thought the nurses were lying." One of the female doctors said, having the other three professionals nod. "Doctor Song?" The mentioned male nodded. "Bring in a wheelchair and get the two nurses, we'll need help bringing her in the MRI room."

 

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head before chuckling. "I'm not a baby, Uncle Song." He shook his head before smiling. "But like you said, you like the idea of extra precaution. And that, Minchan, is what we're going to be doing." And the wheelchair rolled in, making me smile. "Call in her family to come and visit her, while we are doing the check up."

 

After hours of going through medical procedures, I was finally able to eat something simple, soup that is. Eating the bland, boring meal, I was able to read a few things of the social media of today to get a feel of today's life. "Well, Infinite seems to be doing well without me... Aigoo, Leeteuk Oppa and Heechul Oppa off to the army. I wonder who's next." I mumbled, humming softly at the thought.

 

Just at that moment, I heard the door open. This immediately caused me to put away all these magazines the nurses gave me. I looked up, hearing Uncle Song speak to someone, or a group of people. I leaned towards the side, only to see so many familiar faces. My eyes watered, knowing that I was going to cry soon. "Is she really awake?" I heard a warm voice questioned, her voice saying showing that she was about to cry.

 

"Of course, would I ever lie to you?" And soon, they all appeared in front of me. Umma, Appa, Jongjin, Officer Song, and Uncle Song. All looked shocked, but had tears in their eyes. "My baby girl!" Umma cried before running to my side, quickly enveloping me into her warmth. My tears began to fall, as I hugged her back just as tight. "Umma!"

 

She soon kissed my forehead, pulling away to let Appa come over. "My princess. Daddy's little girl." I smiled as he hugged me tight, and I hugged him tightly. "Goodness, you scared me. I'm so glad you're breathing and alive." I smiled more and looked over at him, and soon he kissed my cheek. "Never scare your Appa again, arraseo?" I nodded, giving him a soft yes as my reply.

 

Then here he came, my brother Jongjin. This is the first time I've ever seen him cry. His tears were flowing down endlessly, making me chuckle softly. "Aigoo, you baby." He rolled his eyes, more of his tears falling. "Aren't you the baby? Aigoo, you still don't even know how to take care of yourself." I chuckled before punching his arm lightly, soon pulling him into a hug. "Yah, don't think that my job was too bad, you know I went through similar situations when I was in college you pabo." He let out another sigh, making me smile. I kissed his cheek, and he smiled small. "Still, you are my baby sister."

 

After he pulled away, I could see Officer Song, or Song Appa, come over towards me. I soon saluted him, and he chuckled. "I'll report for duty once I'm out of this place, Song Appa." He chuckled, shaking his head before patting my head. "The only thing you'll be reporting for is a reunion party for us to catch up with you." I smiled and hugged him. "I'm so glad I didn't lose you, my favorite agent." He whispered, making me giggle.

 

After catching up and hearing what Uncle Song had to say, they all smiled. "Well, at least by New Years Eve, you'll be home with us." Umma said, hugging me again. "This isn't too bad, I mean. She remembers everything, pin point and everything. We are just doing this for extra precaution, if her body reacts to something that we need to take note of and such." Appa nodded. "Of course, we like the idea that you guys will keep on checking on her and making sure she is one hundred percent okay."

 

Then, Uncle Song looked at me. "You do know that this means that when you get visitors, they'll see you awake, right?" I blinked a bit. "Uhm, it is possible for you to reject visitors, am I correct? Can that happen? I only want these four to see me until I come out of the hospital for good." He smiled and nodded. "Of course."

 

"But, Hyung would love to see you right now." I looked over at Jongjin and smiled. "Oppa, I know he would love to... But I would distract him or Super Junior or anyone with their schedules if they knew I'm up and breathing. Right now, they need to focus on work before seeing me. That would be the best thing to do right now. And besides, Song Appa did say something about a reunion party. I would like one with all of them." He smiled softly and nodded, understanding my side on this.

 

And soon, they left and I was off to rest. For the next few weeks, I've been going through some typical check ups and appointments. All of those who were checking me were still amazed. The results from every single major thing, such as the X-Rays and the MRI ones, showed that I was perfectly fine. And it was such an amazing thing. I was called the miracle girl around the place, since everything was just perfect.

 

And soon, December 31st came, the set day I would be released from the hospital. A smile grew on my face as I packed up everything that belonged to me. All looked good and the nurse came in to check on me. "Oh, Mrs. Kim?" I chuckled. "Please, just call me Minchan." She nodded, and soon pointed at the box next to the night stand. "Minchan, that is also yours. A male brought it in when he visited you, and he claimed that it was yours."

 

I blinked a bit. "Oh really? Thank you." She nodded and bowed. "Your family is on the way to pick you up." I smiled and nodded, watching her leave. I soon walked over to the box and picked it up. "I don't remember this." I then put it on the night stand and opened it, and my eyes widened. Couple necklaces, cell phone charms, couple t-shirts, my bracelet, everything that was related to my relationship with Sungmin was in there. I blinked a bit, slightly confused by all this.

 

Then, I remember a month ago, I had a nightmare. That nightmare I had was about us breaking up. I was told that I showed signs that I was waking up, but it died down the next day. I believe that was also the day when Sungmin last visited me, and when I had that nightmare. I blinked more, staring down at the objects. "No, it was just a nightmare... He wouldn't break up with me." I stated softly, closing the box and trying to ignore this painful feeling in my heart.

 

A few minutes later, Appa and Umma arrived. "Jongjin is getting your room ready." Umma said, making me nod. They helped me bring my stuff to their car, and soon we headed off to their house. Once we arrived, it was dark and near dinner time. "I have food already prepared, and I hoped Jongjin warmed it up like he was supposed to." Umma said, making me chuckle.

 

Once we got in, I could hear multiple of footsteps, making me confused. "Eh? Only Jongjin should be here." Appa said, soon looking over at Umma with a certain sparkle in his eyes. Since I'm, or was, an agent, I knew they were hiding something. "Yah, Noona don't do that." I blinked, so confused about everything. "Yah! I'm just making it perfect for my best friend, Jongjin! And I know what I'm doing. Aish, you were the one who told me to do all the cooking! And don't call me Nooona, I'm not that old, pabo"

 

I blinked, hearing the bickering. The voice was familiar. "Oppa has a girlfriend?" I asked Umma as Appa put my things on the floor. We began to take off our shoes, finally stepping into the house for real. "Aniya, he doesn't." I then blinked again. "Ah, then who's the girl? She sounds super familiar." 

 

Appa chuckled. "Why don't you check it out yourself?" I nodded before going to the kitchen. The moment I walked in, I saw a girl somewhat shorter than me with short hair up to her shoulders. She gave off a familiar aura, making me so confused. Soon, Jongjin turned around, and smiled. "Ah! Minchan!"

 

I smiled and opened my arms for a hug from him, but then the mysterious girl turned around, looking at me. Soon, I gaped, seeing her. "IS THAT YOU PARK SEOYOUNG?!" She laughed before nodding. "OF COURSE IT IS ME!? WOULD YOUR BEST FRIEND NOT COME BACK AND LIVE IN KOREA AGAIN JUST FOR YOU?!" I squealed happily, before running towards her and hugging her.

 

This girl, she's always been there for me. Before my accident, she was the only one out of my friends in the states, well Bora contacted me at least once a week, kept contact with me. She was one of my first friends in the states and in University of New York. We were and still are close.

 

"Man girl, you truly are the real Sleeping Beauty. All that rest made you look so young." I chuckled softly, shaking my head at her joke "So wait, you're really living in Korea?" She smiled and nodded. "I bought an apartment a few months ago and moved in last month. After hearing that you were in a coma, which was like the first year of you fully being asleep, I had to move back here. And yeah, my apartment fits two people. So you can live with me."

 

I smiled brightly before hugging her tight. "Oh god, this is why you're my best friend." She rolled her eyes. "Let's catch up later, right now, let's eat and celebrate the new year and thank god you're back with us!" I smiled and nodded, and soon we did what she wanted. We ate, we drank, and we thank god for bringing me back to the world.

 

And soon, January 1st, 2013 came up on their phones and on the TV. "Happy New Years!" We all sang happily, celebrating more and more. I was full of smiles and happiness today. Hello New Year, Kim Minchan is back.

 

- - -

Hello You Beautiful Readers ♥

First Chapter Up~!

I'm SOO excited to really get this sequel up and running ^^

Thank you ALL for the support and continuing to read this story (:

Oh~!

And don't you think the poster is beautiful~?

It looks slightly similar to my first one, right ;w;

I almost cried at its beauty, it's just too perfect ♥

Hahaha, be sure to check out that graphic shop (:

 

Thank you all again ♥

And I'll see you next time~!

Have A Beautiful, Wonderful, Lovely Day/Night ♥

--Love, MaryBerry ♥