I'm glad to be back in your arms

Turn Back Time [Jongkey Oneshot]

 

I stood before Key's tombstone as the rain poured down on me. I didn't want to move, didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay here with him. 
 
Tears slowly formed in my eyes thinking of all the memories. 
 
Why? 
 
Of all people you had to choose his life. You could've taken mine... but no. 
 
"I miss you Key.. I hope you can hear me. I think about you everyday. Every minute of every hour of the day.. I wish you were here with me.. I'm sorry. It was my fault that we got into an accident. My fault..." Tears fell down my cheeks. 
 
By this point I was soaking wet. If Key were here, he would be yelling at me to get out of the rain saying that I would get sick. I looked at the tombstone one more time.
 
"I have to go now Key.. I'll see you again tomorrow. I love you." I walked away turning back every now and then thinking that Key would just magically appear behind me, but he didn't. He was really gone and I had to tell myself that.
 
----
 
I watched Jonghyun walk back to his car. Tears were slowly falling down my face as I watched him.
 
"Watching him again Kibum?" I quickly wiped my tears away and turned around. There stood Jinki, leader of the angels.
 
He walked towards me and put a hand on my shoulder. "I understand you really miss him Kibum, but you can't waste your days on him."
 
I nodded and kept staring down below. I wish I were beside him. My hand around his waist, his around my shoulder. We would be soaking wet, but I wouldn't care. All I wanted was to be by his side. 
 
"Leader Jinki?"
 
"Hmm?"
 
I looked into his eyes. "Why? Why did this all happen to me?"
 
He looked back into my eyes. "Simply that it was your time."
 
"But it's not fair! I'm too young! I had a bright future ahead of me! A future with him.." I looked down below and watched as Jonghyun entered his house.
 
"To others it's not fair either, but they were destined to. Please don't think of it too much Kibum." He patted me on the back and left.
 
----
 
I walked up to my room and sat on the edge of my bed.
 
"Take a shower! You'll get sick!"
 
"Huh?" I looked around me. Where had that voice come from?"
 
----
 
I quickly clapped a hand over my mouth. Oops.. now look Kibum, he heard you.
 
----
 
"Is someone there?" I looked around the room frightened. Was it a ghost? It sounded a lot like Key's voice though.. 
 
I shook my head and stood up from my bed. It was probably just a figment of my imagination.
 
----
 
~Flashback~
 
"You stupid babo! Now look! You're drunk! Who's going to drive us back home?!"
 
"Don't worry Key," he slurred,"I only had a couple of bottles. It'll still be safe for me to drive us."
 
"Ok, but it something happens, it will be all your fault!"
 
Jonghyun was driving carefully until he had almost hit a car. 
 
"Jonghyun!"
 
"Don't worry Key.." Jonghyun's eyes drooped, he tried to keep them open but it wasn't possible.
 
The car swerved again, this time the effect was fatal.
 
"Jonghyun, watch out!"
 
~End of Flashback~
 
I quickly rose up from my bed sweat running down my face.
 
I've been having the same nightmare every night since Key passed away.. The nightmare of how his death had happened.. I ran my hands through my hair and sighed.
 
----
 
I watched below as Jonghyun went back to sleep. I wish I could be next to him telling him to calm down, telling him that everything would be alright.
 
----
 
But as more weeks passed by, everything seemed to get worse.
 
Jonghyun had basically stopped living his life. He always stayed in his home plopped down on his bed. He rarely ate and he never got enough sleep. But when he did get some shut-eye, Key would notice that all he could mutter during his sleep was 'Key, Key, Key' over and over again.
 
----
 
Jinki walked into Kibum staring down below again. This time he saw the tears that fell down from the angel's cheeks.
 
"Kibum? Are you crying?"
 
Key didn't bother to wipe the tears away anymore and looked at Jinki. He stood up and hugged the older sobbing into his shoulder.
 
"Jinki! He's slowly dying in front of my eyes.. He won't eat, won't sleep.. Please do something..! I can't bear to see him like this anymore.. I just want to be next to him, be able to hold him, talk to him! I can't take it anymore.." 
 
Key's sobs grew more intense and Jinki patted his back. He had no words for him but just held the younger boy in his arms. "Shh.. just let it all out Kibum.."
 
----
 
Jinki loved Kibum. Ever since he had laid his eyes on the new angel, he had fallen in love. He grew jealous whenever he saw Kibum looking down below at his lover. But he now knew that Kibum's heart will forever belong to Jonghyun.
 
----
 
I slowly closed my eyes and fell into a deep slumber.
 
.....
 
Where was I?
 
I looked around.. Everything was white and seemed to glow. The ceiling didn't have an ending and when I looked below, the ground was transparent and I could see everything under me. I stared in wonder all around me. 
 
"Jonghyun."
 
I turned towards the voice and saw a boy about my age, possibly older, wearing a white suit.
 
"W-who are you and where am I?"
 
"You are in heaven Jonghyun. I am Lee Jinki, leader of angels~"
 
"Heaven? Did I die?" I looked at him with wide eyes.
 
He shook his head no. "I summoned you here through your dreams."
 
"And you're an angel? Then where are your wings?"
 
"I'll show you." 
 
All of a sudden, the most breathtaking thing happened. The area around him shed bright golden light and I had to squint my eyes to see the two wings that had sprouted out from his back. I stared in awe.
 
"Believe me now?" I nodded slowly not breaking my attention away from his wings.
 
He let me look at them and touch them, but not for long. They returned into his back and he put his hand on my shoulder. "Sit down Jonghyun."
 
The chair looked as if it were made of clouds. I slowly sat down thinking that I would fall to the ground but, to my surprise, it felt as solid as any other chair.
 
"Jinki.. why did you summon me?"
 
"I summoned you to talk about something important. You are here because I want to offer something to you. You know Kim Kibum right?"
 
My heart suddenly beat fast at the sound of his name. I nodded.
 
"Kibum has been very observant of you ever since he came here. He watches you constantly. I caught him yesterday crying.."
 
I replied with a quiet voice. "He's been watching me?"
 
He nodded and then looked into my eyes. "He really, really misses you Jonghyun. He talks about you to me all the time. How he misses you, wants to be with you, wants to hold you again and talk to you one more time..."
 
I looked down and tears started to form in my eyes.
 
"That is where the offer comes in." 
 
I looked up at him.
 
"I am not only leader of angels but also a controller of time. I can, if you want, turn back time to the day the accident occured."
 
"Y-you would do that..?"
 
"Yes.." He shut his eyes, looking as if he would regret this, and opened them again looking into my eyes. "Do you want me to?"
 
"Yes! I-I would like that very much Jinki."
 
"Take my hand then."
 
Once I took his hand, I felt a breeze. All these scenes from previous weeks appeared before my eyes. I realized how foolish I was to have let myself go like that, I could've killed myself. Before I knew it, we were on the day of the accident.
 
----
 
"So, Jonghyun, are you going to drink tonight?" Minho stood before me holding out a bottle of beer.
 
I looked around for Jinki, but he was gone. The music in the bar played loudly through the whole building. Whoa, I was back.. He actually did it... I remembered what I had to do.
 
"No, no drinking tonight Minho."
 
"Fine suit yourself hyung." He took a swig of the bottle and walked away.
 
"Jonghyun!"
 
I heard his voice and turned around quickly. "Jonghyun! Let's leave now! I didn't even want to come to the bar.." He looked at all the people with a disgusted face as he watched them get drunk.
 
"Yeah, sure~"
 
"What do you mean- wait.. sure?"
 
He looked at me puzzled. "Yeah.. sure. Let's go now~" I grabbed his hand and lead him to my car.
 
----
 
He walked into my house. "Ugh, remind me never to say yes again when you ask me to come to the bar with you."
 
I stared at his beautiful face, his perfect features. His presence was beautiful. I couldn't believe he was back with me. "Jonghyun! Are you even listening-"
 
I hugged him tight. I fit my head into the crook of his neck and took in his scent. He relaxed and hugged me back. I pulled away and stared at him before planting my lips on his. The kiss was full of passion as if we hadn't seen each other in years.
 
He pulled away and I hugged him again. 
 
"Jonghyun.. why are you doing this? You're acting as if I came back from a long trip or something."
 
"It feels that way to me.. I-I just want to take the time to make this precious.. To make everyday with you special."
 
"Ok..?" He laughed.
 
"You wouldn't understand.. even if I told you.. I'm just glad that you're in my arms. I love you Key. If I ever lost you, well let's just say that, my life would been taken away from me. You're my life Key, my whole world.."
 
He smiled. We hugged again and I closed my eyes enjoying his embrace. 
 
I suddenly opened my eyes after feeling a breeze and saw Jinki several feet away from me. He waved and gave me a smile. He walked closer and whispered into my ear,"Don't mess up this time ok, Kim Jonghyun?" He winked and when I blinked, he was gone.
 
I looked up at the ceiling and mouthed a silent 'thank you.'
 
We finally pulled away from our hug. I slipped my hands into my jacket pockets and felt a box inside the right pocket. What is this? I heard a whisper in my ear, "A present from me to you. When you're ready.."
 
"Key.. I want to ask you something.."
 
--------------
 
I hoped you liked it! :3