Sora's Diary: {17}

Sora's Diary: In love with Oppa's enemy.

 


"In love with Oppa's enemy"

{Chapter 17}

 

 

- Sora's Diary Entry :: Chapter 17 - 

 

The morning light creaked in and I was still amazed each time I open my eyes. I was in a new world. It had been 3 weeks now that i had been a part of them but still, I couldn’t adjust to everything just yet. I scurried out of bed after realising the time. The Kims had a tradition of having breakfast at 7:15AM and I had only 15 minutes to ready myself.

Today was the start of my life as Kim Sohee. Mrs Kim decided to let me have a break from school ever since oppa left. It had been a real long time since I last touch those books and meet up with some schoolmates. But today would be different. Everyone agreed that it was best if Taehee and I transferred to the South Wing where BAP would be at as well. It made me anxious for all of a sudden, I didn’t know why. It felt like a risky move to be made.

I wore the school tie and blazer smartly before heading down. Everyone gathered at the same time and as I approached the dining table, Taehee’s smile was vibrant, opposite from where I was. Our parents looked at us and they beamed when they could finally see their similar daughters in identical-looking school uniforms.

Just as I was about to pull the chair, someone had a grip on it too. “This is my seat.” He stated. I wasn’t pleased at all because I remembered claiming it first. “I came first.” I pulled it back but he wasn’t letting it go, still. “Kim Himchan.” Mr Kim’s intimidating voice came about. Himchan walked away to a seat opposite of me as his eyes were still locked with mine. But surprisingly, I wasn’t afraid of them anymore. “It’s only 7am and you’re picking a fight with your sister.” Mrs Kim commented. He immediately touched his food without looking at me. But that’s more like it.

“Omma, why didn’t you put Sohee and I in the same class? I’m so sad~” She pouted and played with the meat in front of her. Mrs Kim shook her head since she had told her the reason before. Taehee had to return to her former classroom while I, had to find some other new friends. It was a good breakfast to start off the day with. I turned around to dig for something in my bag. I unknowingly stretched my legs and it reached someone’s legs too. It was kind of a stupid logic but instead of retreating, I poked those legs to know who they belonged to.

As I faced the front, Himchan glared at me. Oops, my bad. He sort of returned the same favour to me and well, obviously I couldn’t accept that. Good grief we were wearing socks. He didn’t have to put in effort to kick my legs but I definitely needed them. A lot. Taehee noticed how I kept on flinching in my seat and how Himchan and I stared at each other.

“Sohee-ah, if you need the toilet just go. Oppa won’t understand what you want.” I certainly heard her words but then ouch, he hit me a little too hard. So I guess someone wanted to play a tough game. At the right moment, I stepped on his ankle and his knee shot up. Everyone at the dining table jerked in astonishment but I was the only one who smirked in glory.

“Kim Himchan, what’s wrong with you?” Mr Kim looked at him but he bent down to supress the pain on his kneee. “Pain…” He uttered as he rubbed the incoming bruises.

“Were you picking on a fight on your sister again?” He questioned again but Mrs Kim shook her head, sneering at us. The moment he sat back in the chair in agony, I stuck a tongue out at him without anyone knowing. He deserved it, to be honest. He looked rather unsatisfied and mouthed something that I couldn’t make out of.

Breakfast was done with and we headed to the porch to get into the car. Himchan walked ahead and ran into one of the car without waiting for us. The car then took off instantly. “This kid!” Mr Kim yelled. Mrs Kim calmed her husband down and ordered the other driver to bring us to school. I could simply tell how much of a troublemaker Himchan was. They bid us goodbye before Mr Kim got into his car for work too. We turned our heads to see Mrs Kim beaming happily at the sight of us all.

“Omma is so happy, I’m glad. And did you realise something? Oppa is acting so weird today. We always go to school together but I guess he’s gonna go his own way now.” Taehee laughed. I knew of course it was because of me that he took another car to school.

 

Upon reaching the school compound, it was a surprise that Himchan waited for us there. His eyebrows were pinched. Was he mad over something? Was it me? But even if I were to infuriate him, he couldn’t throw me off a cliff too this time, right? But it was really something new. It was my first time stepping into the school as a South Wing student. Would the people be the same? I thought.

Before Taehee could bring me through the hallway, Himchan grabbed my arm harshly and led me in first. “Mwoya!” I scowled in pain since his grip was a little too tight. A few girls by the hallway seemed threatened and they dispersed just when Himchan stared at them. He me and placed his hands on my shoulders. What was wrong with him… seriously.

“Don’t bother what people say.” He let go. Taehee caught up with us then panted. “Oppa, what’s wrong with you? Don’t pull Sohee that way!” She pulled me closer to her. Himchan rolled his eyes on her then went to his locker. Taehee literally cursed him under her breath and walked me to my classroom. “Here it is. Your first day of class, you can do it! Hwaiting!” She pumped her fist in excitement and I just laughed at her level of motivation. Before she left off, she handed me a student handbook that I might need soon.

Meanwhile, the thought of why Himchan said that to me was disturbing my focus. As soon as I entered the classroom, everyone gave me a look that I couldn’t understand very well. The subject teacher wasn’t there yet and I ought to bear with their glares. “Oi, new student.” Who was she calling again? I turned around and met eyes with these girls. Their accessories were damn excessive. Wasn’t there a rule against them or something?

“Don’t you think you’re being a little too greedy? Enough with that Taehyung oppa, now you’re going for Himchan oppa too?!” She slammed her hand on my desk. I didn’t know where this came from or where was this going, but I was pretty much sure that they disliked me. “Lee Hyeri!” The subject teacher entered the classroom and told that woman off. I was absolutely taken aback by her words, of course. What did she mean? That girl walked back to her desk with an unsatisfied face.

“So we have a new transferee, her name is Kim Sohee. Please welcome her warmly, class.” The teacher smiled at me. I looked around to see my new classmates’ reactions but they were all rather displeased too. 

“She definitely looks like Taehee.”

“Yah, then isn’t that the work of a plastic surgery?”

“She spent so much to buy Himchan oppa’s heart.” They shook their heads as they judged me. Their comments hurt so badly and I couldn’t understand, where did this rumour even came from? Why would I even fake myself to buy that jerk’s heart? The subject teacher demanded for silence. Most of them shot me the last deadly glare that I couldn’t survive from. It was only my first day after all...

 

Lesson went on for an hour and there was a short break in between. I went to the toilet for a moment and came back to see a note, close to where my pencil case was. “Meet me at the emergency exit staircase. Himchan oppa,” It read. It was fishy. Himchan never calls himself oppa to me. He was rather weird too today. I thought that it was best to just follow the note’s instruction. Heading out of the classroom, a few girls by the lockers glared at me and even mouthed things that one wouldn’t like to hear.

But the least I could do was to show them that I wasn’t bothered by anything at all. Upon reaching there, I looked around but the place was totally empty and quiet. This stairway could even be linked to the North Wing. But footsteps came, I wondered if Himchan brought some of his friends along. “Yah,”

“Girls like you are so hateful. Do you know that? It’s very annoying how you’re behind all of this but you act like nothing’s happening.” That girl from before, Lee Hyeri came with her two friends. They were approaching me by taking intimidating steps forward and I was shoved backwards for each step they took.

“Grab her.” She mouthed at her two other friends. They ran over and held my arms so tightly. It’s not that I couldn’t fight but it was my first time being handled this way I ought to tremble, not knowing where I went wrong. She raised her hand and sent a hard slap across my face. “W-what did I do?” She scoffed at my question. “Stop playing innocent, . You’re trying to get close to BAP and BTS oppas just so easily. Don’t think that we’re oblivious to whatever you’re doing. In fact, we’re very much aware of everything.” She held my chin so harshly and I just wished that someone could barge in like those actors in dramas.

She took a penknife from her pocket and it got me shocked when she brought it closer to my face. “I-I’m sorry if this displease you but i didn’t hoped for this to happen too… Please, don’t hurt me and let me explain…” I was a coward, yes. But to torment me for something I didn’t wish for, wasn’t that just too cruel?

That enemy seemed to not have bought my pleading. With that penknife, she tucked some of my hair behind my ear and slowly run through my skin. I squinted my eyes as the blade felt cold and soon, it penetrated my skin. I could feel the agonizing pain but the other two girls cupped my mouth before I could let out a scream.

“That’s a warning for you to stop all of this, girl.” She smirked and wiped the penknife. She got her grip on my jaws again and it left a scratch mark due to her long nails. Without wasting any more time, she gestured for her friends to leave as well. They threw me down with force and just left. I picked myself up and got out before anyone could find me there. 

 

Wherever I went, people would just give me stares and those murmurings were evidently heard. I had to let down my hair to not let the cut be obvious. Even at the verge of crying, I had to restrain it all. I couldn’t let my weakness show…

“Sohee-ah!” Taehee jumped out of nowhere. Good relief, I was really glad to see her again. “Tie up your hair, it’s against the school’s rule!” She was just about to touch it when I dodged away. “Erm, I’ll do it later… And sorry Taehee-ah, I need to get going now, class is starting soon. Annyeong!” I scattered away. No, Taehee couldn’t know about this. She would definitely tell this to Mrs Kim and this would be a big deal. I’d rather endure this.

Walking to my class, I realised I had 10 minutes left. So much for lying before, now I had to be a loner. I was still trying to figure out why people judged my story easily. I did not want to be Himchan’s sister. I didn’t fake a meeting with anyone. Taehyung oppa was my brother from the start. How did people get started on those futile rumours easily?

Without realising, I bumped into someone as I walked down the hallway. I looked up and it was oppa’s chingu. “H-Hoseok sshi…” He didn’t look fine, as though agitated over something. Today was officially the day that scared me out the most. Everyone had an almost fiery expression on their faces that traumatized me.

He pulled me to the janitor’s closet and looked for the switch. “Oppa chingu… What’s wrong? Please don’t listen to them… I didn’t do it all, they were making up stories about-“ His grip on my arm tightened. It hurt too much especially since he was holding at the same spot where those girls held me.

My face maybe did express some uneasiness and he became gentler. He said no words since just now but suddenly, he tucked my hair behind my ear. How did he know about this? He took out an ointment and spread it on that cut. I did groan a little since the pain was unbearable for me. Hoseok uncovered a plaster too but he hesitated to put it on me. “The cut is a little too serious.” He uttered. Holding my wrist, he searched around in the janitor’s closet. He founded a cotton pad and laid his attention back on me.

But I pushed his hands away. People will notice my wound. “Sohee-ah…”  

“Sorry, I can’t… People will know.” I didn’t know what this feeling was when he suddenly cupped my face in his hands and made me look at him. I liked how he would understand and listen to my words. Indeed, he just frowned and released his grip off me.

“Thank you for your thoughts, but I think I’ll be fine with the ointment.” I gave him a meek smile. We didn’t know how to exchange anymore words but he turned the knob of the janitor’s door. “I’ll look after you… in place of your brother. Tell me anything I need to know. I’m willing to do everything for you, Sohee.” He gazed at me for the last time before leaving the room. It sent some chills down my spine when he said those words. Thank you, Hoseok-sshi. That’s all I could afford to say for now.

As soon as I got back in class, the atmosphere became cold like before and glares were back at play. I was starting to get used to it but still, it bothers me a little. Waiting for lessons to end seemed like forever. But as they already ended, the happiness in me sparked as though I achieved the best results. I stood up from my seat and saw that the three girls weren’t in their seats. Did they run away just right after hurting me?

But I could care less about them. I took my stuffs and headed out of class. Walking out with my head down, I hurriedly searched for our car and entered before people could drag me away like before. The driver looked at me through his rear view mirror and asked, “Young Lady, aren’t you coming with Taehee-sshi?” He scrutinized my condition. I could certainly tell how he felt a little suspicious about me.

I shook my head but he decided to ask another question. “Young Lady, are you okay?” His concern made me smile a little and nodded unwillingly. He understood and drove off. As soon as we arrived, I thanked him and jogged into the residence. Thankfully Mrs Kim wasn’t at home but I was stopped by a housemaid who asked me if I had my lunch. I gave her a half-hearted reply and dashed into my room.

The cut looked pretty bad and all I could do was to hide it with my hair. But it got me curious over those girls, still. Just in time, my cell phone vibrated. I took it out to see a message from an unknown sender.

Unknown: This is Hoseok. Please save my number.

And I did. But I couldn’t help to think that he was related to their absence. How did he know about the cut in the first place? Within a split second, I gave him a call. He picked it up almost immediately.

“Hoseok-sshi… I need to thank you for just now…” Well, we kind of need a topic to start up this conversation. “Uhm, my pleasure.” He replied. Okay, I believe I should just get straight to the point. “Did you saw what happened?” There was just silence until he mumbled a ‘yes’. I even asked about those girls but his words made me infer that he did something towards them. “Don’t worry, we handled them.” And by ‘we’, he meant BTS? Did they resort to violence?? My thoughts were overtaking my time. After all, they just laid a cut on me. It’d be uneven if BTS repaid them with anything worse.

“Hoseok-sshi, I really appreciate your being for looking after me but please don’t do anything to them… It’s between me and them. You shouldn’t have interfered-“

“Listen here. You’re now my responsibility. I’ll look after you. Whether or not I should interfere, it’s up to me and my gang. But you should know very well that if people lay their fingers on you, they’ll face the hell of their lives.” He raised his voice. Even though he was being caring, his intimidating voice kept on taunting me. But I heard some cursing at the background. And the phone was being snatched away.

“Sohee-ah, don’t take his words seriously. He’s just trying to show some concern but maybe he’s a little carried away by everything. We’ll all be there for you, please don’t worry or be afraid of us, hm?” Namjoon’s voice was much soothing, of course. He knew how to use his affectionate tone whenever it’s me whom he had to deal with. We ended the call just when I thanked him.

So BTS did do something to those girls… They’re really fearless, aren’t they? Gender didn’t matter to them at all... Should I be glad that they’re defending me? I shrugged those worries away. After all, dinner would be just in an hour time and I had to hide away this cut from the others. Family dinners can be so annoying at times like this.

Himchan and Taehee got home and everyone had their bath. We headed to the dining table again without Mrs and Mr Kim. They would never be at the dining table on weekdays. Just weekends. The dishes were being served and I avoided Himchan before he could start up a fight on that chair again. Taehee talked a lot over those scrumptious foods but as she asked how my day was like, I tried pretending not to hear her question.

I could somehow feel Himchan’s hard glare at me. I couldn’t look at anyone in their eyes. It felt like my secret would be exposed sooner. “Tie up your hair, Sohee-ah. Isn’t it annoying to dig into your spaghetti in that stuffy mess?” Again, Himchan stared at me. “It’s okay, I’m almost done.” But Taehee handed me her rubber band and pushed away some of my hair. It was damn unfortunate how she had to seat next to me every day. “Yah! What’s that?!” She leaned forward.

It definitely caught Himchan’s attention and he placed his fork down. He waited for Taehee to tell him what happened. But she was busy slurring at how big the cut was. She asked me how did that happened and all but it wasn’t comfortable saying it out at the dining table. I didn’t wish for anyone to know about it in the first place. I got up to place my plate in the kitchen but he spoke.

“Taehee asked. What happened?” I turned around and Himchan stared at me. It left me to gulp though. How should I say it? “What.Happened.” He growled. I looked at Taehee who was a little threatened over her brother’s voice. “Nothing, just some girls… It’s really nothing, don’t ask.” I continued walking but he stopped me again.

“Who?” This time, I really couldn’t stand his choice of tone. “Just some people. Please don’t in okay? I don’t give a damn about this I don’t see why should you.” But perhaps, I was wrong. He stood up and the heavy chair screeched against the tiled floorings. “Don’t you talk to me that way. If I asked you who, you better tell me who it it.” I honestly didn’t get why he should interfere in this.

“They need some teachings to be done. Tell me, who they are.” His fist and jaws clenched. But BTS… they took care of those girls already. How could I be inhumane to let them taste the second phase of hell?

“They’ve received their lessons already. So don’t interfere, please. Whether I got hit or not, I believe it’s none of your business.” His hardened expression aggravated. It seemed like my words agitated him further. But it wasn’t me who initiated it. I warned him not to care from the start.

I was about to walk again when he spoke through his gritted teeth.

“Let me be a brother. For once.” 


 

Author's note:

Late update i'm so sorry :'( I'll work harder from now on! *Bows* Btw i'll keep the chapters shorter for now since the past few chaps are distracting to read due to their lengths :B Thanks for reading, we'll meet again soon ^^ 

 

Sora's surrounded by many brothers now in place of Taehyung, is that a good piece of news? (;