Unexpressed Love

Unexpressed Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sooyeon, organize your belongings first in your room.” Sooyeon’s mom told her before leaving her room. It was already 5PM and it was only then that Sooyeon and her family finished moving their things to their new house.

“Ok Mom.” She answered. She took a glance around. *Gosh, I’ve got a lot of tidying up to do.*

She started gathering her books to arrange it to the shelves. But one of the books fell on the floor. She sat down to pick it up and saw a pink-colored notebook. *This notebook brings back a lot of memories.* she thought as she flipped through the pages and read it.

---

 

The hallways are full of students. Each was excited to see their friends and classmates. They were so eager to tell their stories and experiences they had during the summer break. There were also some who were too shy to interact with the others so they intend to just stay at the corner while observing their surroundings were, being new students to one of the most prestigious school in the country.

There she was walking timidly along the jam-packed hallway. She glanced at her fellow students who were all excited. She made her way through the crowd of students and finally arrived in her assigned classroom.

She took a deep breath and read the class schedule again. *Room 245. This is my room.* 

She walked inside the classroom and settled herself in the nearest chair she could get. She looked around in search for a particular face. Her seatmate, Margie, greeted her, “Good morning Sooyeon!”

“Uh—Good morning Margie.” She greeted her back. Sooyeon’s eyes resumed looking around.

Like the usual, ‘he’ was chatting with his friends at the left side corner of the classroom. The teacher hasn’t arrived yet so everyone was still enjoying the time left before the class start. It was like the guy felt Sooyeon’s five second stare and looked towards Sooyeon.

Sooyeon blinked once and acted like she was just looking around bored. *That was close! I should be careful not to be caught next time.* she noted in her mind.

When the teacher came in, all the students settled to their seats as quickly as possible. Sooyeon tilted her head to the side and saw ‘him’ taking his seat on the chair beside Sooyeon.

“Morning Sooyeon!” he whispered and smiled to her.

“Morning Myungsoo.” She replied in a whisper too. They were both conscious of the teacher’s presence and don’t want to get scolded for talking in class.

 It was not actually his seat but of a girl who seldom shows up in class. Sooyeon doesn’t know why but this guy has the habit of seating there whenever that seat is empty. Sooyeon doesn’t mind at all, instead she feels glad when he does that.

That was odd; Sooyeon wasn’t comfortable around any guys before. In fact, all her male classmates haven’t talked to her even just a ‘hi’ or ‘hello’. She doesn’t know how to act in front of them as well as how the guys don’t know how to act around her. Her life revolved around the ‘girl’ friends that she has. She’s contented that way.

But this guy was different from the usual boys. When she feels uncomfortable around other guys, she feels fine when he talks with her. Maybe that was their main difference; this boy makes her feel comfortable although he can be ‘cheesy’ at times.

Although there are a few of their classmates who took notice of the two’s possible chemistry with each other, most of them only see Myungsoo’s acts of kindness or their friendship as purely platonic. Sooyeon always thought to herself that if ever she’ll be asked who her ‘he-bestfriend’ is, she’ll answer Myungsoo’s name without any hesitation.

But does she really think her feelings towards him were purely platonic? She wasn’t sure of it herself. She didn’t want to tell anyone of this, since she wasn’t quite sure at all but one thing she was sure of was Myungsoo is important to her, no matter what people say.

---

When Sooyeon flipped through another page, she saw a piece of white paper. She took it in her hands and unfolded it.

I’m missing you so badly. I’m missing you even more especially whenever I feel lonely. I kept on reminiscing the moments we’ve had in the past. The moments you have made me laugh, the moments you’ve told me stories and lots of things and above all, all the moments you’ve made me feel secured and cared.

You were always there when I’m alone, popping out of nowhere, you often surprise me. I feel so happy with you. You were the only person I know who could see through me. You know when I’m sad, irritated, and happy or whenever I want to be alone. You even know the things I haven’t noticed in myself. You knew me in a way I never imagined you would.

You were the first person I can call my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter