♠ How I met him ♠

Angel No.0527

 

Again!

That disgusting medicine smell that I hate the most. That smell that made me feeling sick, with no reason.

Besides, the sight of people with sad face, added with that strong smell of medicine making me even more uncomfortable as this is the place where I had to face with the death again. Even though I know it wouldn’t be me or one of my family members. Yet, I just hate it.

 

“Huh…” I sighed, looking at the fruit basket held in my hands.

No choice but had to move my pace to the room No.24.

 

 

Rene Chong.

The name that displayed on the right side of the wall.

She was my sister. The only sibling of mine after being adopted by the current parents I have. My parents were killed in an accident while I was survived at the age of 6. I was later placed in an orphanage before they adopted me after a year.

 

Just like a real sibling for me, I went to look after her after her appendectomy.

As I opened the door, I saw a familiar figure sleeping peacefully on the bed, nicely covered with the thick white blanket of hospital. I guess her anaesthesia wasn’t over yet.

 

Smiling to myself, I walked toward her and placed the freshly plucked flowers into the vase. Ermm, what’s a nice smell!

I then threw myself onto the chair beside her and began to do my homework with my eyes constantly monitoring at her once in a while.

 

 

“Aaaah…. Boring!” I murmured while watching my sister sleeping soundly in her bed.

Oh my mom! How could she able to withstand the strong smell of medicine that mixed with the antiseptic? Thinking of that, my head began to feel dizzy thanks to the “free fragrance” spread in the room.

 

 

Letting out a sigh, I walked out of the room, wanted to get some fresh air at the garden as soon as possible. But fate didn’t work that way. My pace stopped when my eyes caught a figure of a young boy sitting in his wheelchair, looking out of the window at the end of the corridor.

He was looking at a group of young kids played soccer in the field, watching them running freely without aid.

As I always sensitive to people’s feeling, I could see the upset and disappointment in his eyes as he bent down his head, looking at his own weak legs.

Just then, I realized how tiny and small frame he was. No like an average child that should be in that age of him.

 

 

Chloe, don’t be so busybody…

And again, my heart retained me from interrupting in people’s business.

Actually, this problem happened right after my parents’ death. Traumatized from being jeered and called as a killer by my arrogant friends after knowing the death of my biological parents, stating that I’m the reason who cursed on them.

Right after the incident, I refused to be close with anyone, included my foster parents who just adopted me by then, immaturely thinking that anyone might harm me if I didn’t alert and caution of them.

 

Focus my eyes back on him, I shook my head, trying to remind myself from concerning too much. I took  a last glance on him before I turned myself back to the room, sitting back onto the chair.

 

 

“Chloe…” She called me by my name.

Immediately, I turned my gaze onto the figure in the bed, watching her smiling weakly to me.

 

“Sis, are you okay?” I asked, contented to see that she was awake.

“Ermm.” She replied with another smile.

However, she showed not much concern on me nor her health status as her eyes seemed to wander around the room.

 

“Are you looking for something?” I asked, trying to help her finding her stuff.

“No, just looking for a young boy.” She answered calmly.

“Young boy?” I questioned my doubt as I couldn’t understand her reply. 

When did she have a brother or a nephew? I was really curious about it.

 

“Jiejie!” A cute voice came from behind, surprised us by his sudden appearance.

Oh! It’s the boy I saw just now.

 

 

“XiuMing!” Rene shouted in happiness as she was delighted to see him.

“Jiejie, feeling okay?” He tried his best to get up from his seat, slowly moving himself closer to the bed.

“Ermm. Thanks to your support!”

 

Then, she turned to her left, taking something out of the drawer.

“Here’s your lucky charm.” She said, revealed a cute ornament on her palm.

 

“Useful as I told you, right?” He asked, taking it back into his pocket.

“Yes, Captain XiuMing!” She said, saluted to the young boy.

 

“Jiejie, XiuMing needs to go for chemotherapy now, so I will come here again tomorrow. Bye bye.”

He said, moving back to his wheelchair with the help of the nurse behind him.

“See you.” He waved another goodbye before he left the room.

 

 

I stared at my sister, wanted to ask her about the boy, but my pride didn’t allow me to do so.

Thankfully, my sister blurted out her mind as she was enjoyed to spend her moments with that little boy.

 

“Chloe, how do you think of the boy? Any idea about him?” She asked.

I looked at her, not giving her an answer. It’s not because of my selfish pride or I’m confused.

It’s just that I didn’t know what to tell her, as the one I saw a moment ago was different from the bright boy that she used to see.

 

 

Seeing that I’m not going to give her any response, she started to tell me regarding the information that she knew about the boy, from her own view and other resources. I mean the nurses.

She storied from how they met each other, how the young boy interacted with the doctors and nurses and also other patients. How bright and adorable he was despite being so ill at this young age.

 

However, those words didn’t diffuse into my mind as my heart refused to receive the info I got from her. It was totally different from what I’ve seen. The upset and disappointment that etched in his eyes. The sadness that slowly took over his soul.

Just like the younger mini me, who lost her hope years ago.

 

 

 

                             

 

 

♠ Author's note ♠

Sorry for the late update. I'm quite busy recently, having a complicated case to handle.

So, hope that you wouldn't mind with the bad quality of writing.

Hope you enjoy it and please show me your support always.

I'm sorry that I can't update always so please wait for me patiently :)

Please support my co-fanfic with howon1101 entitled Love Without Words as well.

Thank you and don't forget to listen to Infinite's new song 'Destiny'. 

Last but not least, I want to say, XiuMing, Jiejie missed you.

 

 

Kim Hoeun

2013.07.30