Shut the door, Dear

Shut the door, Dear

chapter 2; shut the door, dear

YOUR POV

"Joon hyung...what time is it?" Seojin closed a closet's door and Joon and all the others looked up at the same time, looking frightened.

I blinked lost and they started running around the house, Seojin called me over.

I tried to squeeze trough the open door and the wall next to the wall, attempting to stand where Seojin was.

"Let me check the wound." he softly lowered my head and looked at it. ", I knew it."

I let out shaky breaths and gulped. "I-is it that bad?!" Seojin shook his head. "I need something I don't have here...I have to buy it somewhere."

"In the village here?" I asked and again, he shook his head heavily. "I have to get back to the normal world."

Jiseok held his arm as he was about to leave the house. "In ten minutes you won't come back, will you?"

"What are you all ing talking about?" I asked loudly and Seojin yanked his arm out of Jiseok's grasp. "Fine I'll do it later on. We'll have plenty of time."

One boy called Taehyung walked up to me. "Come with me upstairs." I nodded and followed him.

The stairs were very small and the wooden steps' varnish was peeling off slowly. I carefully stepped onto them while Taehyung just boisterously jumped up the stairs that I felt vibrations under my feet.

I held onto the handrail in fear and hurriedly made my way upstairs.

It didn't look better upstairs. There was a small floor, to my right a bathroom and on the left side a small bed room and a stuffed up room as well.

"There's not much time to explain." he dragged me into the bed room and three others trailed behind him. Joon, Hoseok and Yoongi.

"It may sound weird, but there'll go around spirits and when they see we have activities, noises or movements going on here in the next hours they'll drag us from the village."

"Something like cops?" I asked and he shrugged, nodding. I bit my lip. "And what shall we do then?"

Taehyung laid down flatly, covering himself in his blanket. "Sleep."

The beds were, like downstairs, placed in the middle yet those were almost lying on the ground.

"Gina sshi! Take this and put it on the side of your head. And go to bed, quickly!" Seojin called from the stairs and I hastily took it.

"I will buy other things in some hours. But sleep now."

I nodded and blinked as I stood next to the beds.

"You can sleep here." Joon made space and I jumped in gladly.

"And also, when you wake up, don't turn around to get a better angle to sleep. Stay as you are and remain quiet. Just close your eyes again and sleep. Do you understand?" Joon asked and I nodded fearfully. Joon smiled again. "No worries, we'll wake you up when it's over."

I inhaled. "How long will it take?" Joon checked his wrist watch. "It's now almost 2pm...in three hours we'll wake you up."

My eyes widened and he started to lay back in his bed. "Sleep how you always sleep, it's alright."

I showed my back to Joon and closed my eyes. Thankfully I was horribly tired right now.

 

My eyes fluttered open and I stared onto the wall. I examined the wooden drawer. As I heard soft snoring from somebody I shut my eyes tightly and inhaled calmly, trying to sleep again. You can sleep again. Sleep now, girl! My inner voice cried out yet I couldn't

I was about to groan but held it back, closing my eyes to just let them rest a bit.

 

A ringing woke me up from a doze and Joon shifted, shutting it. "I've dreamt some crazy ..." he mumbled half asleep and shook my shoulder. "Gina?"

I faced him and blinked. "Over?"

"Over." Joon smiled and I stood up, straightening my yellow pullover. We all walked down the stairs again and Jungkook laid on the bed, sprawling his limbs all over the other beds and muttered something in daze.

Namjoon shook his hand at him. "Ignore him, he's a heavy sleeper."

I just nodded in silence and just then Seojin waved goodbye and Jiseok wandered inside the house.

"Where are you coming from, Jiseok?" I wondered and he opened his mouth to speak, hesitating. Seojin opened the door again and looked at the other boys. "Want to tag along? They can keep the house well."

The others jumped off the beds and even managed to wake up Jungkook. Suddenly Hoseok walked up to me. "Gina, listen. We have bad spirits here as well who are murdered spirits, okay? One woman...she died the most horrible way. At 7pm, if we aren't back until then, she'll come. You two have to close all windows and doors. What means. the four windows down here, the door and the four windows upstairs. Before we left for downstairs I closed the ones upstairs, arasseo? Just close the door and those in this story, understood?"

I nodded and Hoseok touched my shoulder firmly. "If you let her in she'll haunt and distress us until we go insane. Don't let her in. We trust you guys."

"Hoseok ah, she has enough. Go with the others outside now." Jiseok pushed him away and I startled slightly. "Okay, this...is giving me stupid goosebumps."

Jiseok shook his head. "It should. This is no joke. She'll haunt us all down until we suffocate and commit suicide."

My eyes widened and I closed the doors. "Suicide?! , can't I just go?!"

"Better not." Jiseok leaned against a pole that helped the house to not break. I sat down on one of the beds and the blanket. "And where did you come from just now?"

A loud sigh was heard and I looked up at him. "What?"

Jiseok glanced at his feet. "I...I have my own house, it's the white one...next to this."

Once more, my eyes almost popped out. "You are not trying to say what I think of, a-are you?"

Jiseok stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I-I died a year ago."

I cupped my mouth, mumbling some English swear words. "What the ...? Y-you're a ghost? Why did you still come to school and stuff?! Why didn't you tell me?!"

Jiseok shrugged, still not meeting my eyes. "Remember when Younha, you, Yoohwan and I went to the movie last year? I don't know what movie it was again, but it was March, the seventh. And you had a project due the next day. I haven't even started with it and I promised you that I'd do it for you."

I suddenly remembered the night. "You ran off like crazy that night."

He nodded. "I was owing random guys some bugs and they punched me, letting me die in an empty alley. And when you die you come, as crazy as it sounds, into a building to prove your death and . I begged to quickly go back to the normal world because I wanted to help you so badly...They let me and from then on I always lived as a human again...hard to understand, but yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I clutched onto my hair and Jiseok finally looked up. "How crazy would it have sounded?! You wouldn't have believed me anyway...Don't deny it."

I shrugged and stood up. "So, you still have people you have to watch over?" I asked and he nodded with a brash smile. "First of all, you, you spoiled little British! And my mom most of all, my father is in hospital as you know...I won't be able to leave because I know he'll die soon."

Biting my lip I got up. "You'll make it, Jiseok. And I'll always think of you."

"Hug~" he held out his arms and I gladly accepted it. He would always be my big teddy bear.

 

I tapped my nails against my cheek as I rested my elbow on my thigh. The boys have come back but were in the back of the house. The house had a small kitchen, they were currently there.

"Do you know what time it is?" Jiseok asked and I pursed my lips. "Oh come on, the boys are home. I guess they'd tell us. I straightened up and leaned against the window just like Jiseok. "Hm, this somehow reminds me of my own street. We also live all in a small circle."

"You don't have a market place in the middle. By the way, is your head better now? Seojin ah has tried his best." Jiseok noted and I rolled my eyes nodding while looking into the alley we came from. A small orange firefly came out of it and Jiseok's eyes widened.

I looked at him. ", don't tell m-"

He hurried over to the door and locked it. The boys ran over and Namjoon glanced around. "Don't tell me you just closed the door..."

"She's still going around okay! Look!" Jiseok pointed outside and the firefly was calmly flying around the market place, around all houses.

A phone rang upstairs and Joon held up his hand. "Mine~" Jiseok nodded. "I'll get it."

"I'll trail along." I muttered and hooked my arm into Jiseok's.

The stairs squeaked terribly and I held one of my ears with my free hand. "This is definitely too old." Jiseok shrugged at my statement and we walked up the bathroom first, the ringing stopped. Jiseok froze and gulped. I followed his gaze and jerked at the sight. On the handles of the two windows were eyes.

Terrifyingly they blinked at us and Jiseok inhaled flatly. "The window was open...Gina, why was the window open?"

I hugged his arm tighter, closing my eyes. "Make those orange eyes go away!"

Jiseok shook his head. "I don't go in there!"

I gulped and let go of his arm, walking towards the window. I'm not scared, I'm not scared, I'm no- this, I'm about to piss myself!

I closed the door and turned around. A male groan was heard and Jiseok pulled me in his embrace. "Are you okay?! Can you see me?!"

I blinked at him and nodded. We turned to the window and the eyes seemed to disappear slowly. We stood there for some seconds before I dragged him over to the bedroom.

"Joon must have opened them to let some fresh air in before they went away." Jiseok mumbled and I nodded, looking around in fear.

The same eyes lingered on the handles and blinked rapidly.

"I'll do this again..." I mumbled and walked over. Jiseok called after me, but I continued striding towards the window. I closed it bravely and ran the way back while I heard slight female laughter in the background. Jiseok put one arm around my shoulder.

"H-Have you heard this?" I asked and he shook his head. We both glanced at the window. One eye disappeared while one blinked weakly, staying where it was.

"What does take so lo-" Joon wondered and looked at our terrified faces. He ran up the stairs. "Don't tell me..."

He screamed at the others and they came upstairs, staring at the eye on the window's handle. Namjoon held his head, his eyes were dead, as if he was about to cry. "We're going to die...we are going to die...eternally..."

"The windows in the bathroom are closed, right?" Joon asked and we nodded. He opened it and some smoke escaped. He coughed loudly and checked the windows. "It's alright! Let's get in here!"

We followed him and Joon looked outside cautiously. He coughed more and held his head while rubbing the foggy window. Joon shook his head and turned around, looking down. "Are you all okay? Everybody here-" he stopped looking around everywhere.

"Joon, chill, every-" Hoseok paused as well and stood up. "The ghost has him, he has the same orange eyes. Bed room!"

Joon soon fainted and I ran over to catch him before his head collided harshly with the laminate floor.

"Gina sshi! No! Let him lie there, come over!" Taehyung called and Yoongi pulled me back, closing the door.

We were only eight. Joon was in the bathroom and I looked around.

"Jungkook! Where is Jungkook?!" I yelped and stood up. "I'll go take a look downstairs, wait!"

They all shouted after me and at once I had to cough heavily. I blinked, sudden blur appeared in my eyes and I shouted out his name. "Jungkook ah! Jungkook ah?! Where are you?!"

The blur turned orange, then red. I rubbed my eyes harshly and twirled on my spot. My sense of hearing creased and my ears felt numb. I hit both sides of my head and looked at the kitchen. "Jungkook?!"

I could hear my voice clearly, it echoed lightly inside of me.

Blinking a cold breeze ran over my neck and I cupped it.

"Shut the door, dear. Has nobody told you?" a female whisper came my way. It echoed as well.

I looked at my hand, still blur in front of me and just some sweat pearls rested on my palm.

"-na, -oona, -Noona!" I heard Jungkook, running out of the kitchen and I blinked, the world spun in slow motion.

Suddenly all color left Jungkook's body and so did all my surroundings.

"Gina noona! Gina noona, you have orange eyes! Do you hear me?! You have orange eyes!" Jungkook called out but I could only notice it as a small mumble. I looked forward and there stood a woman with a loose and big white blouse on. She had thick make-up on, her bra was seen, her satin as well and she tucked some hair behind her ear. "I want you to feel what I felt."

I noticed black, blue and red marks and dents on her neck and she started to walk up to me.

"My boyfriend, my own boyfriend. He strangled me to death. Now I want people to feel the same way." she stood next to me and caressed my arm. "You need to help me. Can I lend your body?"

"I'm not from here, o-okay...I'm a normal person. I'm actually alive. I'm just here to get treated by a friend."

She pressed her lips into a thin line. "Why are you here then?"

"Why do you hunt ghosts?" I spat back angrily and she glared at me. "Did you just...bark at me?"

"Leave this house and don't come back." I muttered and she said down on the bed.

She glanced at Jungkook who was still trying to talk to me and touched his shoulder, making him fall to the ground.
"Jungkook!" I turned back to the rarely dressed young woman, "Yah, what did you do to him?!"

"I made him shut up." she hugged me from the side at once, "Please~ let me lend your body~ I'll give it back to you! You're beautiful!"

"Thank you, but no thank you." I pushed her off and she was suddenly out of sight.
Frightened I looked into every direction possible yet she was nowhere to be seen.

Jungkook came to senses and I shook him. "Jungkook ah! Are you okay?!"

He blinked and stared at me. "Noona! A-are you okay?!"

I nodded and Jiseok ran over, hugging me. "You alright? You were talking to her, right?"

"Haven't you seen the girl?" I asked and they shook their heads. Yoongi spoke up first. "You can only see her when she's about to take over your body."

I tugged on Jiseok's arm. "Jiseok, I want to go back! S-she can't follow us there, right?!"

Jiseok shook his head, so did the others.

I bowed to all of them, last was Seojin. "Thanks for treating my wound so well."

"Maybe we'll see each other again. But not that soon, please." Seojin said with a wink and smiled.

I dragged Jiseok outside and we walked down the alley.

We carefully went "through" the wall and the sun beamed right into my face. I held my hands up as a protection and walked down the street. "I guess I go home...I'll call you or Younha later on."

Jiseok nodded but caught my wrist in time. "Hey, uhm, thanks."

"For what?" I blinked and he smiled childishly. "For somehow make the ghost go. She was gone after you talked to Jungkook, I felt it."

I grinned and shrugged. "It's alright...See you?"

"Of course." Jiseok grinned and I turned around.

NARRATOR'S POV

"Of course." Jiseok beamed and you turned around.

"Well, thanks for making me go, so I can make your life hell." Jiseok's eyes glistened in orange and he walked into the opposite direction with a tardy walk.

author's words: in the beginning of this chp I listened to Secret's Shy Boy

Really scary music I tell you :DD

But then I listened to E.vias's Insanity Love (jfc that video O.O )

As for the eyes, like those in the poster, guys
You can't imagine how scared I was in that moment in my dream lol :D

As for Jungkook's disappearing. It had happened differently, but it wouldn't make sense if I had used the original lines

P.S. I wanted to update yesterday afternoon but my mom didn't let me .O.

layout credit