1

Can't Say I Love You

 

'Why are you doing this...Taemin, why are you saying those words. Didn't I tell you never to lie? Why are you lying to me?' You questioned the boy that stood with his back facing to you.
 
'I'm not lying. I've told you time and time again to stay away from me, so why are you still here?! I told you to get out of my life so can you just screw on your head correctly and listen for once?!' Taemin turned around to face you his facial expression as hard as a rock. 
 
'You don't mean that. Please tell me you don't mean that!' You begged tugging on Taemin's sleeve.
 
'What makes you think I'm telling a joke? Get away from me. Do you not understand?! I SAID GET AWAY!' Taemin ed his arms against you making you fall onto the cold winter pavement. He turned his back once again and this time he walked away without taking a single look back. You stared at the guy you've loved for 8 years, watching as he got further and further away from you. What could you do now? After 8 years to telling you that he'll love you forever, today his forever ended along with the 8 years filled with promises of eternity.
 
*Lies. They were all lies. How could you lie to me like that? How could you just throw me away like I mean nothing to you. Taemin, you're a liar. LEE TAEMIN I HATE YOU!* Your brain screamed. A gust of wind blew by covering you in the freezing snow. And with that gust of wind all the happiness seemed to be blown out of your system. Because life without your soulmate, wasn't life at all. It was hell. 
 
*2 years later*
'Taemin-ah, are you ready yet?! The wedding is going to start in an hour and we need to get there to congradulate the bride!' Key called from downstairs. 
 
'Would you stop nagging I'll be down there in a bit!' Taemin yelled back still fixing the bow tie on his tuxedo. He threw his white jacket on and fixed his hair in the mirror and smiled to himself. At the bottom of the stairs he saw his four hyungs dressed in black and white like himself. The five of them headed out to the large drive way filled with luxury cars.
 
'Which baby should we ride today?' Jonghyun asked rubbing his hands together in delight.
 
'The fastest one of course.' Minho said heading over to his sleek black Mercedes. 
 
'My Porche is so much faster Minho - ah, dont even try to compete with me.' Said Key heading over to his bright yellow car. 
 
'You wanna race?!' Minho's competitive nature blazed up only to be stopped by their dubu leader.
 
'How about we tone it down today kids.' The 2 '91 liners groaned in sadness but the 5 of them still piled into the simple but classy silver Volvo. Taemin sat at the right side of the car, staring out of the window the whole trip to Seoul. The car soon pulled up into the parkway where the consierge took it to the garage. The maknae took in a deep breath, steadying himself.
 
'You okay Taeminnie?' Minho asked patting Taemin on the back.
 
'You don't have to be here Taemin. I'll make and excuse for you.' Onew said.
 
'No, I'll be fine. It is Kai's big day. I shouldn't let her being there stop me from attending my best friend's wedding.' 
 
'You're growing up my baby.' Key pat Taemin's head and the five of them headed in. His hyungs scattered to go greet the guest and 
Taemin went straight to see Kai. 
 
'So, you and Krystal. Who would have guessed.' Taemin teased sarcastically nudging Kai on the shoulder.
 
'Ha ha very funny. The bride is usually suppose to be all emotional right hyung? Why do I feel all teary and stuff?' Kai asked.
 
'Because you're gay.' Taemin said matter of fact grinning to his friend. Kai punched him in the arm and then his expression darkened a bit.
 
'Have you seen her yet?' Kai asked.
 
'Her who?' Taemin questioned back seating himself down on the single couch next to Kai.
 
'You know who I'm talking about. She's here you know.' 
 
'I know.' Answered Taemin resting his elbows on his knees. 
 
'She's still waiting for you, you know.'
 
'I know.'
 
'You still love her. You should know that too. Try to talk to her. You two belong together.'
 
'Not quite my friend. When I left her I promised myself that I wouldn't look back. And for the past 2 years I haven't looked back once.'
 
'But you wanted to. You wanted to be able to love her so much so don't even try to lie to me. Stop lying to yourself.' Kai's words poked and prodded at Taemin's heart. These past two years other than his SHINee hyungs Kai was the only one that could tell how Taemin truely felt. He loved you. In his mind, your figure still resonated and it seemed to never want to disappear. 
 
'You're different now Taemin. You're no longer that poor guy that her parents disapproved. You have money, property, you have a bright future and the road is practically laid out in gold. There's no reason for her family to hate you anymore. Give yourself a chance for happiness too.' With those words Kai left Taemin in the groom's room alone with his head in his hands. 
 
*I can't. I don't deserve happiness. Not after how much pain I've put you throug Hye Sung-ah. I don't deserve to be happy anymore.* and letting that thought slowly be engraved into his head. He headed out to the wedding hall, Kai couldn't do without his best man.
The wedding hall was decorated with sparkling white snow flakes that contrasted with the cherry brown wood flooring and furniture. Baby blue cotton puffs that were suppose to be clouds hung from the hall's ceiling, and little notes were written on each of the snowflakes hanging from the ceiling. Wishes, from the guest to the bride and groom. Taemin smiled to himself after he finished writing a special note for Krystal, and a even more special one for Kai. But when he turned from his position of putting the two snowflakes on the ceiling a person appeared in front of him. Taemin took in a sharp breath his expression seemingly falling into the most painful part of rock bottom. Immediatly he composed himself and gave the girl that stood in front of him a soft smile and a head nod for a greeting before rushing to his spot as the best man.
 
'It's been a while Taemin.' Her voice was still the same. Still as soft, sweet, and airy as ever. It pricked at Taemin's heart.
 
*Don't turn around. Don't turn around.* 
 
'Mm.' Taemin answered simply as he kept walking.
 
'I heard you own a cafe chain now. See, I told you that your future would be successful.' 
 
'Mm.'
 
'Can't you spare me just one glance? It's been two years, at least let me see how much you've changed.' Reluctantly Taemin turned around. He stared into the eyes of the girl whom's broken heart was his fault. The girl who he thought he would already be married with if it wasn't for her parent's diapproval and her previously arranged marriage with a man who seemed to be better than him. 
 
'You haven't changed much.' She said
 
'You too.' Taemin answered  not letting himself look away from the ground.
 
'Places people!!' Their friend In Hwa yelled. 'Yah Lee Taemin, Han Hye Sung! What the heck is the bride maid and best man doing standing in the middle of the walk way?! Get into your spots!!' In Hwa screamed at her two friends. Taemin took this chance to quickly turn away from Hye Sung and headed to his spot next to the alter. 
 
*I can't do this anymore. I need to get out of here. Fast.* Taemin thought to himself, praying for the wedding to end soon.
 
*Your P.O.V.*
 
*He's just five steps away from me. I can easily walk over there and hug him. I can feel his warmth again if I just take those five steps.* You thought to yourself. You could feel the tears trying to well  up in your eyes but you supressed them like you did for the past year and a half. for the first six months after Taemin left you, you did nothing but cry. You cried because you hated him, you cried because you missed him, because you loved him. And now, what are you crying for? You've thrown away those feelings for him long ago, but why does a single word from him make your heart race like it's running a marathon? 
 
*Stupid Lee Taemin.* For the rest of the wedding you said those three words in your mind over and over again. Cursing him for showing up in your life again. For making you still feel the feelings you do. The ceremony ended soon and you didn't want to do anything more than leave the place. So the minute the bride and groom left you raced out to your car only to be stopped by In Hwa. 
 
'Where do you think you're going?' your friend questioned.
 
'Home. Where else.' you answered not looking up. In Hwa had this special talent that allowed her to tell if you were lying or not. Avoiding her was the best idea.
 
'Uh huh. Lies. All lies. You're running away from Taemin!' 
 
'No I'm not!!' You argued opening your car door but In Hwa snatched the keys from your hands. 
 
'Stop doing this to yourself. Haven't you suffered enough for the past two years Hye Sung?'
 
'I'm not suffering.'
 
'You hate liars so why are you the biggest liar to yourself and every one else?! Hye Sung - ah, I love you that's why I'm telling you this, but you need to give yourself a chance. Give yourself a chance to learn how to love again. It doesn't have to be with Taemin. Remember Tae Joon? I've been talking to him, and he still cares for you.'
 
'Why would he? There was nothing between us anyways.'
 
'That's why you should be changing his one sided love into something mutual. You don't need to go back to Taemin, start over. Tae Joon is here too. You were just too dense to notice him. Stop letting Taemin cloud your mind and start over again would you?' You took in a deep breath as you let In Hwa lead you out of the garage back to the front of the wedding chapel where every one was. Some of the guest had already left and you scanned the crowd for Taemin. He was already gone. A tall guy with wavy black hair walked up to you smiling.
 
'Hey Hye Sung, how have you been?'
 
'I'm well. Did you enjoy the wedding Tae Joon oppa?' You tried to make conversation as In Hwa stelthily left the two of you alone.
 
'It was like any other wedding. Although, the winter theme contrasts with our current spring weather doesn't it?' Tae Joon laughed making you smile along with him. 
 
*Taemin's P.O.V.*
 
*She doesn't see me now. In her eyes, it's that guy that's standing in front of her. Even if I want to tell her that I love her I can't. How funny, I'm always a step behind. I was behind that guy her parents arranged her to marry, and now even at my friend's wedding I'm behind this Tae Joon guy. What the hell is wrong with me.* Taemin cursed himself for just standing in the shadows not being able to walk out there and claim you as his own. He looked to you longingly his heart breaking little by little. With every touch you gave Tae Joon, the more he missed feeling your soft hands wrap around his neck when he use to be able to kiss you. Every smile you sent towards Tae Joon made him want to take that man's place in front of you. You use to never smile because of other guys. Your smile use to belong to only him. But what can he do now? He has no right to you. 
 
*I'm sorry Hye Sung. I'm sorry my love. I.... can't say I love you.* With that he turned away and left. With a chapter of his love story closing, he questioned what would be next. More heartbreak? or hopefully, a happily ever after. But Taemin knew that a fairy tale ending wouldn't exist in his world anymore. Because a life without his souldmate isn't living. It's hell. 
_____________________________________________________________
A/N: .... was it bad? Hopefully not!! I really wish that all you readers enjoyed it at least a little bit! I was feeling... romantic today and this is the best I can do. I hope I didn't disappoint and uh... SEE YOU ALL IN MY NEXT ONE SHOT! 
P.S.: HEY YOU SILENT READERS! REMEMBER TO COMMENT BECAUSE IT MAKES THIS LONLEY AUTHOR NIM HAPPY!! (: