Final!

You're Such A Beautiful Distraction

You're Such A Beautiful Distraction

"If a car was traveling at 32 MPH and reached it's destination in about 32,000 minutes, then how long would it take the same care to reach that destination at only 15 MPH?"

She blinked at the question.

How did they expect her to know that? She really hated math text books. They weren't realstic at all. Regardless, she adjusted her reading glasses that were trailing down her nose and got to work.

"Maybe if I subtract this..." She thought scribbiling on her notepad.

This time she was going to complete ALL of her math, even if she got half of the problems wrong, she was going to at least write answers for them all.

She was actually the type of girl who didn't understand math, but it didn't bother her because she was an artisit. In fact, by force of habit every sheet of paper that was handed to her would eventually have a doodle on it. She didn't mean it, it was just a habit.

She sighed. She'd been sitting at her desk for 45 minutes doing nothing but homework, but she was still quite focused. Unlike someone else she forgot was even in the room.

Park Jimin. He was sitting in a comfy bowl shaped chair like he'd always do when they arrived from school. He was realaxing in a comfertable possition, his legs dangling from the sides and his head resting on the brim, and an open book resting on his stomache.

Just because the book was open didn't mean he was reading it. He couldn't remember a time he wasn't reading that stupid book. It wasn't interesting anymore. He found something more interesting to interact with in the room. He smirked at his target. It was her. 

He watched her silently as she continued mummbling to herself in seriousness and tried to figure out an equation, just like any other day. This was a routine for them. At the end of each school day, She'd close her locker and begin to walk out of the school, and everytime she reached the door, Jimin would come out of nowhere. By the time they'd reach the school yard there were at least 5 girls their age trailing behind Jimin. 

Girls always fell for Jimin. What's not to fall for? There's his charming charesima, the way that his pearly whites were revealed with his eyesmiles, his cute cheeks, his suprising abs, his talents,  and on top of that, he wasn't a erted jerk! He was the perfect package for most girls, but for Park Jiyeon, he was just a package she wanted to ship off.

He was always distracting her, it was annoying. But he enjoyed it,

"Oh, My Beautiful Target~" She hummed along with her I-Pod. She'd always listen to music when doing her homework, Jimin never minded when she hummed or sang a little, unless it was to B1A4.

He rolled his eyes. Jimin wasn't found of that group ever since she became a devoted fangirl over them. She said her Ideal type was "CNU." He was nothing, nothing, like that guy. Not that he cared.

Jimin sat up, his lips were pursed and he was annoyed. He went through the options in his head, he could tell her to be quiet but she'd just sing louder, he could ignore her but he was annoyed.

Jimin dug in his pockets and grinned when he found a small pouch. "Jack Pot!" He grinned to himself.

"I like it-like it-like it~" She hummed doodling instead of solving. She stopped bobbing her head once she felt a small bead like item thud against her head.

She squinted and looked at the ceiling. She saw nothing so she continued working, erasing her accidently doodle (that may or may not have been CNU).

THUD!  She dropped her pencil, there it was again. Another thud, she was droven crazy.

"What the-" She removed her earphones. "M&M's?" She questioned as she saw the small chocalatly candy on her math text book.

Just then, she was pelted again. She growled and turned to face her one and only suspect. Park Jimin.

He just snickered, he was caught red handed. 

"Yah, Stop it." She frowned.

He just stared at her, a smile tugging at his lips. Instead of saying sorry, he just threw another one.

"HEY!" She complained. The candy had got inbetween her glasses and her eyes.  As she removed her glasses from her face Jimin fell over in laughter.

She pouted, rubbing her eyes. "Would you stop, where'd you get those anyway?"

"School." He sat up happily.  He finally got her attention. "Some girl gave it to me."

"Oh." She rolled her eyes "One of your stupid fangirls."

He chuckled. None of his fangirls liked her and they both knew it. Regardless, Jimin would always walk home with her and every day someone would complain to him about it.

"Oppa," One of his fan girls would pout "I don't like it when you walk home with THAT." They'd sneer at her.

She'd roll her eyes.

"Stop." He'd always frown, removing the girl from his wrist "She's one of my best friends. Who I hand out with isn't your buisness, and stop calling me Oppa, you're older than me, what are you even doing here? Aren't you in collage?"

Honesly, it boosted her confindince knowing that out of all the girls at school, he wouldn't leave her side for any one of them. It made her have butterflies just thinking about it. Not that she liked him or anything....but she did acknowledge that he was good looking....and cute.

"Jealous?" He laughed.

"Of what?" She snapped back into realitly. 

He just laughed harder "Of my fangirls! We all know you can't resist my handsome face." He winked.

"Of course." she stood up. "Nobody can resist that face." She spoke dryly, leaving her room and him behind.

"Hey wait!" He ran after her.

~-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-~

"30, 35, 40, 41 42 43, 53..."

"77, 29, 11, 21!" Jimin chimed in across from her.

"Aish!" She groweled. She lost her count again. "You made me lose my count!" She punched his arm.

He just laughed, he did this all the time.

"You have eleven dollars and thirteen cents." Rap Mon said analayzing the change she poured on her table. 

"Ah," She scooped up her money. "Thank you."

"Yay!" V excalimed "Let's go buy the snacks now!"

"Yeah." Suga nodded in agreement. "I'm really hungry."

"Hey, Jimin-Hyung." Jungkook tilted his head to the side "Why do you always do that?"

Jimin rose an eyebrow "Do what?"

"Be mean to Noona, you're always distracting her from what she's doing." He pouted. "It's pretty mean."

"No, it's not." Jimin laughed. "It's funny."

"But why do you do it?"

"Don't you know?" V cocked his head to the side at the clueless maknae. "It's because Jimin-"

"Is a jerk!" J-Hope cut him off.

Jimin sent V a secret glare. The guys always secretly picked on Jimin for "liking" her even though he always protested otherwise.

"Don't worry." She spoke up. "I'll get my revenge on him!" She glared at the apple headed child.

Jimin titled his head to the side, what was she talking about?

"Revenge?" He mummbled confused and pursed his lips.

"Yes!" She quickly responded "REVENGE!"

Jimin's eyes widened. He wasn't suspecting that at all. Even though he had it coming with all the pranks he'd always pull on her.

"OH SH*T!!!" Suga cheered, grinning ear to ear.  He was already hyped, he loved things like this. 

"Yah!" J-Hope nagged, shoving Suga a little. "Yoongie watch your language."

Jimin titled his head a little, he was still thinking about revenge. What was she planning? A prank? What, was she going to throw water on him or something?

"Hahaha." She smriked rubbing her hands together. "I know the perfect prank too!"

Jimin gulped. This didn't seem to good for him.

~-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-~

She grinned from ear to ear. It was Math, which means she had the class with Jimin, which meant one thing.

"Hey." His whisper came expected.

She looked over her shoulder at him with a smirk.

"Yes?" She answered.

"Lend me a pencil, I left mine in my locker again."

She grinned deviously and reached in her backpack and held out a pink pencil before him. "Sorry Jimin, I only have this one left!"

She was practically suffering from trying to keep herself from laughing. 

He just stared at her with a puzzled face, was she possibly loseing her sanity? 

Nevertheless, he just shrugged it off and took the pencil.

"Thanks." He mummbled continuing his work.

She gasped. That was not the result she wished for.

~-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-~

Lunch time came, and this time she was determined to prank him back. It was her only option!

She smirked as she arrived at their usuall lunch.

"Hey guys." She greeted, setting her lunchbox down.

"Hi Noona!" Jungkook peeped. Such a cute maknae, drinking from a juice box like a toddler.

"Hey." Jin, J-Hope, and Rap Mon greeted as well.

She glanced at V, who of course wasn't paying attention. Instead he was examining a manga book he just had gotten. 

"V." She called. She wanted everyones attention when she pranked Jimin.

"Oh, Hello!" He smiled looking up from his book.

She grinned, then turned to Suga who was bopping his head to music. She wasn't worried about getting his attention because whenever something was about to happen, his "fail" sensors would go off.

Jimin studied her. He was patiently waiting for her to greet him as well. Of course she would right? They were friends.

"Jimin." She said oppening her lunch box "I got you something."

His eyes widened. "Really?"

She nodded and held out a plastic bag with what seems to be cookies.

"Chocolate chip."

He grinned and snatched the cookies. "Ah! Thank you! I love you~" 

She snickered to herself, he was really going to fall for it this time.

Watching eagirly as he took the first bite, she felt like she could barely control her laughter.

"HAHA! I PRANKED YOU!" She blurrted out laughing.

Jimin immeaditly spit out the cookie into a paper towel as the guys all looked at her.

"Really? What'd you do to the cookies?!" J-Hope asked concered, checking for Jimins well being.

She snickered covering "I told him it was chocolate chip....when it's just RAISAN!" She roared with laughter.

The guys all exchanged glances.

"Cute." Jimin chuckled, taking a bite from another cookie.

She pouted. "Was that not good?"

"Not good?" Suga took out his earphones. "All you did was make him cookies. How is that even a prank?"

"They're delicously unexpected." Jimin chimed in with his mouth full.

She frowned. "I also made him use a pink pencil when he asked to use one of mine."

"Oh! Do you have another?" Jin was all ears.

Suga shot him a brief look before facing her again. "Alright," He smacked his lips "If you really want to prank Jimin, I have a couple of ideas."

~-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-~

After school was over, the guys organized a basketball game at the cout at the park.

"Pfft, How are you guys going to play when you're all distracted?" Jimin smirked. 

It was only the begining of the gam and the other team where totally distracted.

"Who'se she?" One of the guys said.

"I don't know but look at her legs...." another guy drooled.

Jimin rolled his eyes. "What are you guys eve- GAH!" He was shocked.

There she was. Her hair was down and wavey, her face was made up with light make up and she wore a camisole with shorts.

Jimin swallowed still examining her. "WHAT THE HECK?"

"Bwoh?" She asked confused.

He then examined her feet. "Is is really the time to wear heels?! And what's with the- TIME OUT!" Jimin called tossing the ball over his shoulder.

Her eyes widened when Jimin led her to a bench.

"Sit!" He whined. "What are you wearing!?"

"What, this?" She pouted looking at her shoes. "It's pretty."

Jimin removed his hat and scratched his head aggrevatiedly. "You know how many s there are!? And espescially in a park?"

His eyebrows furrowed as he noticed she wasn't paying attention to him, but to whatever was behind him.

Seeing that, he turned around to see the boys on the opposite team waving and winking at her.

He scoffed. 

"Ugh, here." He pulled off his jacket and handed it to her. "Tie it around your waist."

"But I don't-"

"DO IT." He demaned walking back onto the court.

She pursed her lips and wrinkled her nose at the sight of his back which was only covered by a black tank top.

"Maybe Suga's plan is working." She thought out loud swinging her legs on the bench. 

She still thought it was kinda strange for her to be doing such things as a prank. "Flirting" getting "dolled up"... that's kinda embarressing for her. 

She bit her lip as she payed attention to the game. Esspecially Jimin.

She had remembered everything Suga told her to do, and was planning on doing it all regardless of how dumb she felt beause Suga made her pay him for the advice in advance and she was going to get her money's worth.

Jimin had the ball and someone gaurding him and at the most irrelevent moment where he had to focus, she caught his eye.

She waved at at him.

"Me?" His gaurd pointed.

Jimin and him exchanged looks, both were thinking outside the game now and Jimin's dribbling was decreasing speed.

She smiled and shook her head flirtatiously then pointed at Jimin.

"Him?" The gaurd pointed at him as well.

She covered and giggled. Then she sheepishly nodded. 

Jimin rose his eyebrows. "She must be on drugs." He mummbled.

She then sent him a wink that left him standing still like a statue.

"Ha!" The gaurd said swiping the ball away from Jimin.

Jimin blinked and watched the gaurd dribble away.

"Hyung!" Jungkook ran up to him "What are you doing!?"

"But, Jiyeon-" Jimin mummbled.

They both glanced over at her, she seemed to be sleeping.

"What about her?" 

"What, but a secound ago I could've sworn she..." Jimin shook his head at the visualisation of her flirting with him.

"Hyung you're crazy! Go home." Jongkook pouted running away to participate.

Jimin sighed stealing another glance at her. " Today I'm going crazy because of you." 

~-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-~

It was almost the end of the game and this one shot determined which team would go home proud.

Jimin dribbled the ball. All he needed to do was make one single free throw.

"Don't worry hyung, you got this." Jongkook called.

"Maybe!" V called after.

Jongkook shot him a look.

"What?" V shrugged. "There's a chance that he could miss it."

Jimin glared at V. "Fighting!" 

"Oh, yeah that!" V agreed, now understanding the situation.

"Wait!"

The boys turned there heads to see Jiyeon rushing up to them from the sidelines.

"What?" A confused Jimin question.

She just giggled, twirling her foot on the pavement.

"Nothing." She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear "I just wanted to encoruage you."

He blinked. "Alright?"

She exhaled then leaned forward and softly pressed her lips against Jimins cheek.

"WOAHHH!" The boys exclaimed. 

Jimin's dribiling stopped all together.

"Fighting!" She smiled and rushed back to her bench.

Jimin was still frozen. He didn't understand what just happened. 

"Lucky!" Some of the other guys whined.

Jimin just swallowed and shook his head. He needed to focuse.

He dribbled the ball, but just right when he was about to take aim "JIMIN OPPA FIGHTING~"

The ball went straight up in the air, but declined rapidly.  It only landed about a foot in front of him.

"WAHH!" Both teams errupted.

Jimin awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"HYUNG!?" Jungkook complained in whiney voice. "DO YOU HATE ME!? WHY!?"

V shook his head. "What happened?"

Jimin was red as a beet as her took glances at her. "I got distracted."

It took a while but Jongkook's brain finally clicked. "Oh! Hyung? You like Jiyeon noona!?"

Jimin's eyes widened.

"Ya!" V hit the maknaes shoulder "Of course he like Jiyeon."

"What about Jiyeon?" 

The boys stood back all startled by her sudden prescense.

"Nothing." Jimin squinted at her. "Gimmie back my jacket."

He snatched his jacket from her waiste and threw it over his shoulder before walking off the court.

"What's wrong with him?" Jiyeon pouted.

Jongkook and V exchanged looks.

"Noona, I think you distracted him from the game today." Jongkook suggested.

"What? Me?" She pouted, acting totally innocent.

"Actually." Jimin re-apperead before the three "Here."

He threw the jacker back at her. "Wear it home. Return it to me tomorrow when you're ACTUALLY WEARING CLOTHES!"

~-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-<>-~

It was saturday. This was the day the gang always got together to watch movies, this time it was at Jiyeon's house.

She ran up to the door and answered it.  Of course, It was Jimin.

He stared blankly at her.

"Uhm, none of the others are here yet." She said softly.  

For some reason, the air between them was awkward. She had always been used to seeing his bright and shiny face, but today it looked more serious.

He just blinked.

"You want to come in?" She scratched her head and widened the door.

He just walked in and cleared his throat. "My Jacket?"

"Oh, one second." She rushed to her room and returned with the jacket in his hand.

"Here." She grinned handing it to him. "Sorrry, I kinda stained it with ice cream."

"Ice cream?" He stared at it.

"Yeah, me and the guys went and got ice cream yesterday-"

"What guys?!"

Her eyes widened. "J-Hope oppa treated us to-"

"Oh." Jimin let out a sigh. "Those guys." He walked over to her couch and face planted himself miserably.

She followed him, examining his movements bewildered.

"I'm going crazy!!!" His yell was muffled in the cushions.

"Why?" She softly asked concerned.

He sat up. "No reason." Then his jimin like grin apeared. "Let's watch t.v"

After about 15 minutes passed, the both of them were sitting on the couch blankly staring at the television.

She suddenly remembered something Suga said and got an idea.

Jiyeon clenched her eyes closed. "Why am I doing this?" She said in her head.

She bit her lips and glanced down at his hand that was just laying on the couch,  and suddenly, she grabbed it.

His gasp was almost audible. He stared at her, but she stared forward.

He gulped and decided just to continue to watch television, hand in hand.

Jiyeon couldn't belive he was letting her hold his hand for that long. Maybe he didn't feel it?

"This has to work." She thought.

She gave his hand a squeeze and stared at him as if saying "Look at me!"

He turned and looked at their hands and then her face.

"Jimin-"

"You know." He squinted examining her face very intensly. "You really don't need to wear a lot of make up."

Her face reddened. This was not her plan.

"You look pretty now, just in normal  clothes." he noted.

She slowly leaned back as his face invaded her personal space even more.

Her eyes widened. "Why is he looking at my lips!?" Her brain screamed.

Just then her cellphone rang. 

"Excuse me." she cut him off and took out her phone.

He sat up straight.

"Aish~" He thought to himself. "What am I doing?"

She texted Jin back and slid her phone back in her pocket. "The guys said they're coming soon."

"Cool."

Jiyeon analyazed him.  He was now sitting at least 5 cushions away from her.

How was she supposed to prank him if he was sitting all the way ove there?

So, she bit her lips and did what she had to do.

She made her way to where he was sitting and leaned forward. Just when she was going to suprise him with a kiss on the cheek, he turned around.

She gasped. Her lips touched his lips.

"WAH!" He fell over. He wasn't expecting a kiss. 

"WHY'D YOU KISS ME!?" She sreamed.

"WHAT!" He hollard "YOU kissed ME!"

She blushed. It was true, she did kiss him but she didn't mean to.

"Does, does that meanm You l-like me or something?" Jimin stammered.

"WHAt?" She screamed. "WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!" She threw a pillow at him.

He dodged the pillow. "Well! Why do you keep DOING THAT!"

"Doing what?" She scoffed.

He laid on his back. "MESSING WITH MY HEAD! AHHHRG!"

Just then the boys came through the door. 

"What's going on here?" J-Hope scanned the room.

She blushed harder, holding another pillow. "Nothing."

"Then why is hyung on the floor." Jungkook pouted.

"I'm think i'm depressed." He blurrted out.

"....Everything seem's normal to me." V shrugged.

"That's because YOUR not normal." Rap mon nudged his head playfully. "Dork."

"Ok! Now let's all watch a disney channel movie!" Jin suggested eagerly.

Everyone gave him a questionable look.

"I mean," He straightened up "Let's watch Iron Man 3..."

-

During the movie, Jimin was seated next to her.  How irrelevent, they just had an awkward moment too. 

Niether of them seemed to be able to focuse on the movie too. They kept  touching on accident the kiss scene between the two charecters didn't seem to help either. 

Jimin was going insane.

"THAT'S IT!" He yelled. He caught the whole groups attention.

He took her by the hand and pulled her up. 

"Jiyeon." He swallowed. "Could I please talk to you in privet?"

She batted her eyes confused. 

Suga smirked and signaled a nod towards her.

She caught his look and agreed "Alright."

Jimin almost smiled at her, almost.  As he took her by the hand and lead her towards the front door, all the members "Oooh'd!"

"He's going to get some pu- MPH!"

J-Hope glared at Rap Mon, censoring him by stuffing popcorn in his mouth.

"Not in front of the children."

"Why," V scrunched his nose up "Was he going to say pu-"

"SHH!" Jongkook muffled his hyung. "Not in fron of the child."

They all eyed Jin who was playing with his phone.

"What?" He finally looked up.

-

"Why are we out here?" Jiyeon asked as they sat on the pourch.

Jimin glanced up at the stars. "Because I wanted to..."

She nodded. "Oh."

It was quiet.

"Well," Jimin tilted his head. "Why did you kiss me?"

She bit her lips. 

"Because I wanted to..." She answered quietly.

He then nodded.

"Oh...." He said, almost pleasently.

But then he smacked his lips upon remembering something "But you don't like me, right?"

She looked up at him "like you...how?"

He shrugged looking down at his lap as if something invicible and interesting had appeared "I don't know...the good like."

"Like how I like you...." he finally looked up.

She swallowed. "How do you like me....."

A smile grew on his face. "Like this..."

He inched towards her, filling the space between them. The small smile remained on his face as his lips touched hers.

She didn't back away like before, this time, it was different. It was real.

Pulling away, they're faces were a matching red. 

"Oh." She nodded.

Jimin chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, but if you didn't like me, why'd you kiss me?"

She gulped. She felt totally guilty but she new she had to tell him the truth.

She stood up wincing. "Because...."

She closed her eyes. "I was pranking you!"

Jimin stood up as well. "What?"

"Well," She panicked, thinking he was mad "You're always picking on me and distracting me! I wanted to get you back! So I decided I wanted to prank you! Suga helped! He said If I dressed a certain way and acted a certain way it would distract you!"

Jimin just blinked, standing in front of her.

She gulped. "So I did it! I pranked you! HA!"

Jiyeon was utterly confused when the grin grew across his face. Then she was schocked at the laughter.

"What's so funny!"

He held his ribs "YOU!"

She pouted. "Why!?"

He stood up straight "Pranked me? All you did was make me cookies and kiss me!"

She blushed. When he put it that way, it did seem kinda bad...

"YAH!" She pouted. "I totally pranked you! You were distracted from that shot, right?!"

Jimin stopped, she was right. He blushed.

"HA!" She grinned pointing in his face. "I pranked you! I pranked you!"

He smiled. "Then let me prank you back." 

She gasped backing away from him. "What are you going to do?"

"Oh, Just this." He scooped her face with his hands and went in for a kiss.

"YAH!" 

They both seperated to see the gang peeking out of the screen door.

"NOT IN FRONT OF JIN!" J-Hope called.

Jimin groaned. "Why are you THERE!"

"I wanted to see if my plan backfired yet!" Suga snickered. "It totally did."

Jiyeon blushed. "Yah! So annoying!"

"But not as annoying as meee!" Jimin sang grinning.

"Of course not." she smiled hugging him. "I hate you,Idiot."

He hugged her back. "I love you, too."

"I told you he was going to get some pu- AISH!"

"NOT IN FRONT OF JIN!"


A/N: I've been working on this for a whillleeee, I'll spell check it later! Thanks for reading! This was a oneshot! It's done! yay!