Kiss♥

Rain♥

 

I didn’t exactly know how late it was, I just knew it was late enough and dark enough for the street lamps to turn on. Minho and I had set out to the park to play soccer together that night, as we both had no schedule and being cooped up in the dorm was no fun, despite the fact that we both needed some down time after how busy we had been lately.

I insisted on coming out here, though, and after egging Minho on about how I would most definitely beat him in a match of soccer, he caved. I, of course, did not beat him, that boy was a beast at this sport and I just about tripped over the ball every time I tried to kick it. It was frustrating for me; I was not a very sporty boy, which was why dancing was my forte.

I didn’t mind, though, it reminded me of our past times together when we were both younger and SHINee was just starting out. We had more time back then before our lives slowly became so busy we could barely even breathe. The times that we talked were getting minimal as of late, and the distance between us was getting far too large. I wouldn’t have that, I needed my Minho time and I would do anything to get it.

We didn’t bother to take a look at the weather forecast before we got here; it looked like it was going to be a clear night at the time so we assumed that we’d be safe. But as soon as I saw those thunderheads rolling in and felt a chill in the breeze, I knew we were doomed.

“Think we should start heading back, Minho hyung?” I called across the field as I attempted to stop the rolling ball as expertly as Minho always did. I failed, naturally, and immediately started jogging after it.

“What, Taeminnie’s afraid of a little rain?” I heard Minho’s mocking voice call after me. I let out a laugh and retrieved the ball, turning back around so I was facing Minho yet again, who was quickly moving across the grass in my direction.

“No, I just thought you’d be afraid,” I retorted playfully, throwing the ball at Minho’s broad chest when he got up to me. He responded with a laugh and swiftly caught it, tossing it up in the air and catching it absentmindedly.  “Oh, aren’t you funny,” he chuckled, dropping the ball onto the ground and placing his foot over it. “Let’s continue until you actually make a goal. As soon as you do, we can leave.” He gave me a charming smirk and started to kick the ball away.

I blinked, but quickly grinned and darted after him. “Challenge accepted!” I exclaimed, increasing my pace as Minho increased his. Almost as soon as we started darting down the field together, the sky opened up and the rain made its way down onto us. By the time we had reached the other end of the field, we were soaked and so was the ground beneath us. My red hair was plastered to my forehead like someone had glued it there, and Minho’s hair was beginning to make him look like a black shaggy dog.

But that didn’t stop us. I was going to score a goal and show Minho up. That’s what he gets for being so cocky.

I had finally caught up to Minho, and disregarding the fact that this may be considered as cheating, reached out and grabbed onto the back of Minho’s soaked gray ginny-tee and gave it a good yank, slowing Minho down and propelling myself forward a few good steps. I slid across the soaking wet ground and reached out for the ball with my foot, but as soon as I did this, my other foot gave beneath me due to the slippery terrain. I still had a hold of Minho, so as soon as I felt myself falling, the rapper was quickly falling down along with me, partially because his initial reaction was to reach out to try and intervene with my fate. We both let out a scream as we collided with the ground, Minho half landing on me and half catching himself, our ball slipping out of both of our grasps, tumbling far, far away from us.

The older boy was right on top of me, one forearm on the ground to give himself slight leverage, while he was partially lying right on top of me. He stared down at me with his gorgeous big brown eyes, his soaking wet mop of black locks hanging lifelessly in his face as the saturated water dripped down onto me along with the already falling raindrops. His lips were parted in a perfect “o” expression, and I couldn’t help but feel like he was mirroring my exact expression. I had been close to Minho before, but never this close. I felt his hot breath caress my face with every heave of oxygen he took, and all thoughts of beating him in the soccer match that we were playing were completely drowned out. I could feel my heart drumming against my chest, afraid that it was even louder than the thunder that cracked and boomed overhead. But despite these feelings, I suddenly found myself breaking out into a fit of laughter, and Minho quickly followed suit. I was reminded of the first time that we danced together, when we had to do that salsa those years ago. We were far from graceful, in fact, we were very awkward. Either way, I enjoyed every moment of that routine, especially when he nearly tumbled on top of me during rehearsal due to my uncharacteristic clumsiness. He got up immediately then, but this time he stayed down on top of me, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I’m sorry!” I choked out through my laughter, half-yelling to make sure I could be heard over the now teeming rain. Minho finally pushed himself off of me and I followed suit, still beaming as widely as I could at Minho who did the same.

“You’re a little cheater,” he laughed, reaching over and giving me a gentle shove, and then raising his hand up and removing the locks of red that had fallen into my face during the mishap. I smiled at this, a blush creeping up onto my cheeks before I could even bother to try to suppress it.

“You look like a dog,” I commented, reaching over and removing the hair that stuck to Minho’s face and pushing it back over his head, making him look like he had the worst comb over in the world. But even with hair like that, he still looked handsome, especially with the way that the moonlight was hitting his face, illuminating his beautiful olive-toned skin. Even his teeth were bright from behind those sweet lips that were wet with rain. I was too caught up in Minho to realize that he had drew himself dangerously close to me, the revelation only striking me when I heard his deep voice rumble so close to my ear.

“Maybe now we should go home,” was what he said, but from the look of his eyes he didn’t mean it. He was staring down at me with a look I had never seen before, a look of . . well, I didn’t know. I had never seen him look at me like that; I had never seen anyone look at me like that. But whatever the reason behind his expression was, he was giving me a bad case of butterflies and goose bumps.  He had stopped smiling as much; there was merely a ghost of the beautiful thing left on his pink lips, which I noticed were also so very, very close to my own. I didn’t quite know how to react, but in the back of my mind I knew what he was doing.

“Uhm, home?” I asked, as if the word was foreign to me.

“Yeah, home,” he breathed in reply, his breath caressing my face once again. I felt his hand slide up my thigh, not as smoothly as he had hoped due to the friction my soaking wet shorts caused, but it still made a chill run down my spine as I shuddered visibly.

“S-sure . .” I managed, swallowing a lump of anxiety that formed in my throat. Suddenly Minho’s thigh paused, and he pulled back ever so slightly, but he kept his voice in such a hushed tone to the point where I had to strain to hear him over the rain.

“Or we could dance,” he proposed, and for a moment I was confused.

“Dance?” I questioned, finding that my own voice had grown shaky and I could barely raise it above a whisper myself. He cracked a small smile at me, and for a moment, my world melted.

“You said you wanted to dance in the rain,” he elaborated, and as soon as he said that, my eyes widened in shock and my heart went into frenzy. He remembered from all those years ago? He remembered my silly naïve dreams spoken on a whim?

Before I could respond, Minho pulled away entirely, standing up onto his feet and offering his hand down to me. “So dance with me,” he insisted, that charming crooked smile tugging at the corners of his mouth again. I stared up at the older boy in a daze, not even aware when I slid my hand into his and let him pull me up off of the ground. My eyes never left his face, even when I felt his arms snake comfortably around my waist, his hands gently squeezing my sides as he reeled me in closer to his wet and yet heated body. I shyly slid my own hands up his chest, feeling its contours through his thin shirt as if the piece of fabric wasn’t even there. He felt so amazing beneath my skin, and I wished I could feel more of him.

I placed my hands on his shoulders without a word, and slowly I felt him begin to lead me in a simple swaying dance all of our own. There was no music playing; we danced to the sound of the rain and the beat of our own hearts. I didn’t even register how ridiculous this may sound and look to anyone that wasn’t us, I was too caught up in this spur of the moment decision Minho made, and how amazing he looked right now, and how he kept looking at me as if I were the most beautiful thing in the world. I didn’t know what to do with myself as I moved with him in his arms, so all I did was allow him to lead me and make my stupid fantasy become reality.

We danced in silence until the music started to die, the rain started to let up. I glanced up at the night sky, realizing that our song was almost over, and when I looked back down Minho had stopped dancing. I blinked at him, parting my lips to say something, but he was too fast for me. He moved in with such swiftness that I was taken aback when I felt his lips press against my own, my eyes flying open wider than they had when he had tumbled on top of me. My breath hitched in my throat, and after a moment I let my eyelids slide halfway closed. His lips felt so perfect against my own, they were so warm and soft, so gentle and yet so loving. I had never been kissed before this, and I was glad I hadn’t; this was possibly the best way I could ever lose my first kiss.

After about a moment that felt like an eternity, Minho released my lips, pulling away to look at me. I was relieved to find that his face was just as flushed as mine was, his eyes wide as if he just registered what he had done.

We both stayed silent for a moment, clearly at a loss for words. Surprisingly, I was the one to finally pipe up.

“So,” I breathed, biting my lower lip. “Does this count as a goal?”

________________________________________________

I am the lamest person on the face of the planet for writing this.

I'll be making this into a twoshot, I think.

If anyone cares for some .

Sort of following the scene in The Notebook, lol.