II

My Childhood Hero

He started to fall asleep when his phone went off.

From: Choi Minho :D

You did! Yay! Let’s facetime.  Are you alone?

Taemin put a smile on his face. He had always wanted to facetime on a brand new iPhone. In fact, he had already had dreams of what it would be like, facetiming Minho before he goes to bed. Facetiming him when he wakes up in the morning. After school. He just couldn’t wait to try it out. He clicked the home screen button and tapped the facetime application. He walked into the living room and called Minho. He immediately answered.

“Taemin! Now I can talk to you everywhere!” He cheered, wearing that goofy smile on his face that never failed to make Taemin laugh.

“Yep. But let’s hurry, I have to go to bed soon. We’re waking up early in the morning to go to ikea. Ever heard of it?” He asked his friend. Minho shook his head.

“Oh. It’s a furniture shop. We’re going there tomorrow to set up my room! And get this; I choose everything! And my new brother is coming!” Taemin explained.

“Whoa, I forgot you had a brother. Lucky, I’m an only child.” Said Minho, smiling brightly.

“I know. We only talked a little bit though. His name is Kibum- did I tell you that?” Taemin asked. When Minho shook his head, Taemin continued, “Oh, well, his name is Kim Kibum and he is my new brother. And my mom is really nice. Kibum is supposed to be giving me a tour and a couple of minutes, so let’s hurry!”

“A tour of the house?! You live in a mansion?”

“What’s a mansion?” Taemin asked.

“A very big house.” Minho stated.

“Oh then yeah.” Taemin shrugged it off.

“Lucky. We live in a normal 2 story house.”

“It sounds fun there.” Said Taemin truthfully.

“How?” Minho asked with curiosity.

“Because you’re there silly!” Taemin smiled at the boy through the phone. They both laughed until Taemin heard a voice.

“Are you ready for the tour? It won’t take long.” Kibum said in the doorway of the room.

“Ah, yeah. Minho, I’ll text you later tonight.” Taemin said to him. Minho nodded at the younger.

“Night hyung.”  Taemin replied to his nod as he pressed the end call button.

Taemin walked towards Kibum, who was smiling at him. Taemin remembered his manners and smiled back. The walked up the first set of stairs on the left side. Taemin used his five senses to observe the upstairs. It smelled like that new home smell with a hint of vanilla. It looked very wide and tall on both the outside and the inside. It also glowed a cream gold from the light on the chandelier. He couldn’t taste it, because it wasn’t food. He also knew he couldn’t feel it, but for some reason, in the inside of his heart, it felt like he belonged here. It sounded very quiet, which means they can’t watch TV that often, or else he would hear it. The only thing Taemin could actually here is faint talking from the kitchen. Taemin and Kibum stopped at the first room on the left of the balcony connecting the two sets of stairs.

“This is the 3rd bathroom. Only guest really uses this bathroom, since every bedroom has a bathroom in this house.” He explained. Taemin memorized the look of the inside of it. The shower had glass doors covering it, just like the ones in the orphanage. They continued to walk down the hall until Kibum again stopped at another door.

“This is my room and,” He turned around pointing to the door across from his door and a little to the left, “That is your room. We’re going to decorate it tomorrow I’m sure dad told you.” Taemin nodded his head, remembering the explanation on ikea. “Okay, and all the way down the hall, those two double doors is mom and dad’s room. I usually sneak in there to going the hot tub. Would you like to check it out some time?” Kibum offered the little boy. Taemin looked up and nodded eagerly, a glint of excitement in his eyes.

“Okay, then we will, one day. I promise.”

“Pinky swears?” Taemin asked shyly, holding out his pinky.

“Pinky swears.” Kibum said, linking there pinkies together.

“Oh and I also sneak on the roof. After the hot tub we’ll go there, too.” Kibum said. Taemin smiled that goofy smile as he remembered something.

“Don’t you need a bathing suit for a hot tub?” Kibum nodded. “Oh, um, I don’t have one.”

“Did you forget you’re going clothes shopping with me? I never forget anything that has to do my clothes. You’ll see why when you look at my closet.” Taemin laughed at that. He was really starting to like his brother.

“Okay!” Taemin laughed. Then they took a right from the master bedroom past the 4th bathroom to the second side of the stair case. There were 3 more rooms.

“A game room, a homework room, and a dance studio.  No one uses the dance studio though.” He said, looking down. Taemin felt something in his gut telling him the older boy was lying.

“Are you sure no one uses it?” Taemin asked, smiling shyly. Kibum sighed in defeat.

“Okay, you caught me. I use it. Just, when we go to school, don’t tell anyone about it. Deal?” Kibum requested. Taemin nodded his head solemnly. Taemin had always wanted to dance.

“D-do you k-know how to dance?” Taemin asked, earning a laugh from Kibum.

“Yes I do. Would you like me to teach you some day?”

“Yes! I would love that!” Taemin shrieked, hugging a laughing Kibum. They walked down the long set of stairs this time on the right side. Since Kibum already knew that the youngest knew where the kitchen, Dining room, and living room, He only needed to show him the basement. They walked down the 3rd set of stairs today, which was much shorter than the first two.

“And lastly this is the basement. Our parents’ office is down here to the left, right next to the bathroom.” Kibum explained to the younger.

“Whoa! Is this an iPad?” Taemin said, completely astonished. Kibum nodded.

“Oh yeah I forgot! Uh, get your phone out. You may need to keep this on notes or something…” The older boy watched as Taemin got his phone out and looking back up to him, signaling that he was ready to listen and type.

“Okay, the iPad password is 5103, the MacBook and the iMac in the office password for the administrator is jolar123, so go on the administrator on both and make your own account, the Wi-Fi password is  and the garage pad lock number is 55637. You got that?” Kibum looked up to a boy still typing. Now that he got the chance to look at him, he was kind of cute. His hair cut was really stylish, and he really liked the color of his hair. It reminded him of his favorite season, fall. Taemin finally looked back up to Kibum nodding his head.

“Can I use the iPad?” Taemin asked politely, rocking back and forth on his feet.

“Why are you asking? It’s our iPad. We’re a family. But hurry, it’s almost 9.” Kibum informed, running up that stair case.

“Kibum- wait!” Taemin said, catching up with him, the iPad in his hand. “Can I sleep with you tonight?”

Kibum stopped in his tracks. “Sure, but why may I ask?” Kibum asked Taemin. Taemin knew it was rude to lie, as he had learned from the orphanage in his past, but he really just wanted to see what it felt like snuggling with someone besides your best friend once.

“I’m afraid of the dark.” Taemin quickly lied, shifting from one foot to another. Kibum smiled and pinched the younger boys cheek.

“Aww, Taminnie! I understand! But, its dark in my room, too?” Kibum stated while smirking, making Taemin blush.

“I-I would feel more safe next to someone.” Taemin states looking down when the older picked him up. Feeling the warmth transfer from Kibum’s arms onto the younger made him fall asleep in his arms. Kibum  carried him all the way up the stars to his room, thinking about all the fun he would have with his brother.