Chap. 1

Just This Once
"Awesome. It's Valentine's Day,it was so busy."   A girl with creamy colored hair that laid right just above her shoulders, just gawked at the young couples that walked pass the shop. Her head was resting on her folded arms as she sat comfortably on a paded stool. She frowned just thinking about today. She groaned when she saw a couple lock lips from her peripheral vision.   "Dara help me pick this up." Her cousin, Bom, was strugglimg with a trash can that had flower stems and leaves filled all the way to the top. She was dragging it leaving marks on the wooden floor boards. Dara hopped off the stool to help Bom lift it high enough so it wouldn't leave anymore marks.   "Seriously." Bom whined as she puffs to catch enough air when she lifts it higher and walks faster towards the back exit  to the dumpster,  leaving her cousin to struggle to catch up with her pace. "Valentine's Day isn't made for us." She continued after dumping everything.  Dara nodded.     "I agree. It's lame, but you are not the one that's single." She pointed out.   "You know you should start looking for someone to love. Aren't you tired of being alone." Bom replied. Dara layed her back against the brick wall. Grazing her foot repeatedly over the rubble.   "I'll look for someone." She shrugged her shoulders.  "Just not now."   She didn't seem to be too interested in the topic, so she walked back into the building.  "I'm going to close up." Bom shook her head as she watched Dara's back till the door closed. "Oh, you will." She said then exited out of the back gate.     Dara walked past the counter to close the open signs that were hung by the windows. The bells rang indicating that a customer came in. Right as Dara turned around she opens ready to tell the customer that the shop is now closed.  "Sorry, but.." She trailed off, her words coming out as whispers.  "is...closed."     Long jet black hair was pulled over to lay on her left shoulder. Hands in her pockets to keep her warm from this chilling weather. Covered from top to bottom. The tip of her nose pink and body slightly trembling. Dara watched as the slightly taller girl squint her eyes as she looked around the flower shop. The sudden sneeze from the girl snapped Dara out of her thoughts. "Ehem, miss, the shop is closed. "   Dara loosened the knot of the light blue apron, while she walks back around to the other side of the counter and hung the apron on the wall.   The girl just stared at her. Thinking that she didn't hear her, Dara repeated it. "Miss, the stored is closed. Closing time." The girl shook her head as if trying to get rid of some thoughts. Dara rolled her eyes. 'Teenagers'.   Dara grew impatient so she turns around ready to leave, but a voice stops her. "Will..uhh....will.."   "Spit it out." She rudely interrupted cutting the now embarrassed girl off. The girl slightly smiled making Dara feel guilty.     "Im sorry. I'll just....leave." The taller girl turned around to leave, but Dara grabbed her hand hastily,  making the girl turn back around quickly. Dara was shocked at her own bold action. When she saw the other girls' expression,  she can obviously see that the raven haired girl was equally as shocked.   Dara cleared . "No, I'm sorry. It's just..that I'm tired and stressed-y'know Valentine's Day..." The latter nodded, understanding her, but still tried to leave the shop. "Please don't go. Finish what you were going to ask me." The taller girl quickly shook her head. Dara smiles after seeing her slightly pink nose when the scarf slowly slid down her face. "Cute." Dara giggles.   The girl pulled her scarf up to cover her burning cheeks. "Will you be my Valentine?" She was glad that her voice was muffled by the scarf. Dara raised both her eyebrows. It became silent, an awkward silence. Dara was surprised, they're strangers. She has never seen or spoke to her before. After awhile she realized that she was still holding onto the other girls hand, so she slowly pulls away.   "It's okay. I'm sorry I bothered." The girl said, backing away from the counter.   "No. Wait." Dara said stubbornly. "What's your name? I wanna know your name." Dara said before the girl could touch handles of the metal door. Without turning around the girl answered. "Lee Chaerin." Then the bells jingled again indicating that she left.