chapter 3

My Girlfriend's a Man

 

[not proofread]

You know those moments.. the ones where something completely and utterly ridiculous happens, and there's just this dawning awkward dense atmoshpere of silence literally hanging so low in the air that it nearly chokes you.

Where there seems to be no way of getting out, and the awkwardness only intensifies, swallowing you whole along with it.

Yeah.. those moments..

I'm definitely have one of those right now.

In the middle of a women's clothing store, standing in front of a changing room, at 2am in the morning with my best friend Sungjae.. who's wearing a long dark brown girly wig.

"Because I'm your girlfriend."

His words seems to have recorded itself into my brain, like a broken disc, it keeps replaying. But no matter how mnay times I repeat those words to myself, I still can't quite get it, or at least refuse to understand it. Like its too real to be true.

Sungjae must not of been statisfied with my blank reply as I just stood there staring at him oddly for his frown only deeped more, ingraved onto his lips. Then when I thought it couldn't get any stranger enough, he bursted out laughing.

Let me repeat myself, he bursted out laughing.

Bursted, like what happens when a sugar crazed 8 years old kid swings blindy at a gigantic pinata and candy just flies out everywhere. Except in this case, Sungaje bursted into laugher.

In normal circumstances, I would have actually found this to be quite cute. The way Sungjae's cheeks would puff out, lips pursed out like a goldfish and then burst out in a way that cannily resembles a hanster or squirrel with its cheeks way too full with food.

It's so child likely cute and so hilarious that I probably would have laughed along with him just as I would when Sungjae would unexpectedly do a gag randomly and ends up looking like a fool in the process. I would of broken away of from my serious straight face and crack a huge smile as I laughed with him.

would of.

But I didn't, it wasn't that type of moment. Sungjae wasn't making a gag, or looking foolish. He was standing in front of me in a wig.

Was it awkward? Yes. Weird? Yes. Funny? When I think back on it, yes. Was there tension? Yes, most definitely. Awkward tension. Sungjae looks extrememely cute as a girl in that wig? Yes-wait what.

"Oh god Peniel, I was just kidding!" Sungjae chuckled with a lopsided grin, his almond brown locks flowing off his shoulders as he slid the wig smoothly off of his head which left his hair in a mattered ruffled state. He roughly fixed his hair back into place with a quick tousle of his hand.

He silently straightened out the locks hair of the wig with his finger tips running softly through them, his gaze not completely matching mine but that smile was still there.

"Oh come on, don't be such a sore thumb! I think you know just as well as I do that I make such a hot girl!"

This cracked a smile out of me as Sungjae continued to egg me on. His eyes perked up as the slight rise of the corners of my lips quivering as I fought to not dare show a little smile in front of me. But he knew he was winning as I couldn't help but twitch a small smile towards him, I've just let Sungjae completely trolled over me. Ughh.

"Yah! Don't lie, you thought I was pretty cute huh?" Sungjae laid his hands on his lips in a sassy manner and made kissy face at me, sticking his tongue out as he always did to piss me off.

I gave in. "You wish! You weren't all that, smhm. Okay, maybe you were just a little bit cute." I stuck my tongue back at him who returned it back but also pulled his bottom eye lid down with one finger, the other still holding onto the wig.

Not wanting to be defeated in our game of "who can piss off the other more", I took a step closer to him and lightly shoved him back.

"Yah, how dare you stick your tongue out at your Hyung!" the word Hyung sounded odd in my mouth and even werider as I was referring it to myself. Sungjae and I never really bothered to honorfics after middle school rolled by and he started to get more noticably taller than me.

"Hyung? What Hyung, I don't see a Hyung." Sungjae pretended to search around the store, his hand above his eyes like he was sheilding them from the sun and looking out into the distance, his eyes looking above my head which he knows I can't stand because of our height difference! "I'm sorry but I can't seem to find any Hyungs here, there's just you. Oh wait, where you referring to the Hyung as yourself?" he mocked me with an all-knowning grin as he knew I was about to explode.

Instead of going off into a randsom curse parade, I took a step closer to him and shoved him abit more harder than I'ld meant to. He quickly grabbed onto the selves of my jacket before he could tumble backwords but I wouldn't let him get away from it too easily.

Taking my other hand that wasn't being clinged on, I pryed Sungjae's fingers off from my wrisk. His hands slipped away from me for a slip second when I thought I had him before shooting his other hand and snatching the collor of my jacket, practically choking me at he heaved himself back up.

"You almost killed me." Sungjae said with a half sarcastic pout, letting go of me after neatly straightening my collor back on place.

"If only.." I mummbled, thinking that Sungjae couldn't hear me but apparently he did because I earned a punch in the arm for it.

"Lets go home now, my mom's gonna freak if she doesn't find me in my room and it's already this late out." Sungjae bent down to reach for the wig that had fallen out of his hand when I shoved him, lightly dusting it off before heading towards the women at the cashier and handed it back nicely to her with a smile. 

The two shared a few words breifly; to which I couldn't hear, Sungjae turned towards me, waving his hand at me to hurry up.

I looked back at the shop one last time before heading out the door right after Sungjae.

It was the mark of the beginning of my new relationship with my "girlfriend".

 

"Yah, Peniel. You're not still mad at me are you?" Sungjae asked.

We were walking side by side down our neighborhood, heading home after leaving the 24 hour stip mall. It was around 3AM at the time, way pass night fall, the sky lust with darkness, our surroundings dimmly lit by near by street lamps.

The streets was completely deserted besides us, everything silent but our echoing steps and street lamps faintly iluminating our path ahead. 

It was the least to say, a beautiufl calm night.

"No. Why would I be mad?" I was clearly not okay, and Sungjae figured this out pretty quickly as he conceded back at me.

"You're mad." he said this as a statement, not a question.

"Am not." mummured, my words barely autible.

"Yes you are."

"No."

"Fine. Don't be." 

"..."

Sungjae continued to stoll pass me, his hands stuffed in his pockets to help keep them warm. With his back turned towards me, he kept walkign further and further until he was about almost a block away from me.

Damn it... he's doing it again.

"Yah! Fine, I'm not mad anymore, slow the heck down and wait up!" I exclaimed as I came into a jog to catch up with Sungjae who stood waiting for me underneth a street lamp.

"Ha, knew you were mad." Sungjae smiled at me with the same "Peniel-you're-so-stupid" smile as he always does when we would get into arguements (usually one that he starts) and to resolve it, he would typically run away from me to ignore me until I came searching or runnign back to him as I always do.

It was like a tradition.

Sungjae starts an arguement. I get pissed off. The yelling begins. I get pissed off. Sungjae tries to ignore me. I get pissed off. I stay pissed off. I go look for Sungjae, I find him. I'm still pissed off. He doesn't apologize but makes me laguh. I somehow always end up buying him ice cream by the end of the day and arguement over.

And the whole thing starts all over agian by the next day.

Sungjae patted me on the back as soon as I reached him, my hands were on my knees as I took a moment to catch me breathe for a second.

"Hi." he smiled at me, though I didn't really return the smile back. We fell back into a side by side walk as we made our way home.

By the time we made back, the sun was just starting to rise and we were dead tired. My feet ached and all I wanted to do at the moment was crawl into bed and sleep still noon.

I lugglishly waved goodbye to Sungjae, not even eying him until he got to his door as I would usually do. After recieving the key to the door from my inside of my wallet in my back pocket, I unlocked the door and went inside.

Not bothering to open any lights since I wasn't planning to stay downstairs, I walked upstairs, pass the bathroom, master bedroom and into the guest room I was currently staying at.

My bed was made, hinting to me that Ilhoon must of stopped by here after school, seen that I wasn't anywhere down stairs, came up here, saw my unmade bed and nicely made it.

That or my bed made itself when I wasn't looking. I'm gonna go with Ilhoon stopped by here after school.

Without changing my clothes, I wiggled into under the warm cozy sheets with nothing but my boxers on; I'ld started to toss my clothes off from myself along the way from the door to my bed.

My eyes felt extremely heavy and was melting in a burning sensation if I kept them open any longer so I made a quick glance at the clock by my computer desk, my eyes lids too closed for me to even read the number and then drifted off to sleep.

I wasn't fully asleep and off to dream land before I heard my bedroom door creak open and soft rustling by my closet, there was a mild thump of a body limp making contact with my dresser table followed by a moan and a quite crush.

My blanket from the back side of me was briskly lifted up, cool air flowing inside before closing back in with my blanket lying next to me replaced by something less cotton like and fluffy but warm and slightly hard.

"What are you doing here Sungjae?" I mummbled in a sleepy voice, my eyes still closed.

The warm but slightly hard object sifted movements besides me until I could feel soft breathes on my and a leg brush pass mine from beneath the now shared blanket.

"I forgot my house keys at school I think." Sungjae whispered back, sending small tickles down my back that I tried to ignore.

"And you came into my house why?" my voice mushed in a low breathe. 

"Well what was I suppose to do, sleep outside?" Sungjae rejoined, sounding abit offended.

I opened my mouth agape, breathing soundly for a few seconds before letting out a big sigh. My eyes still closed, I suffled back to face my warm and slightly hard object laying next to me in bed. 

I slowly peeled open my eyes and stared straight into his face, my own only inches away from his. "How did you get inside my house?"

"I have a spare key, remember?" Sungjae remarked with a with a smile, he's eyes beaming at his contentful win of me trying to kick him out.

I stared at him blankly for what seemed like forever, my eyes now only half open as I was getting sleepy again.

"Fine." I smacked my left hand onto Sungjae's face and let my hand slid down, trying to close his eyes to get him to shut up and sleep but accidently his chest, his bare chest.

I frowned, "Sungjae, why arent' you wearing a shirt?"

"Why aren't you wearing a shrit?" 

"This is my house (well Ilhoon's) and I asked you first." 

"Well I can't sleep in my school uniform, it'll get all wrinkly and all." 

I cloes my eyes, to tired and lazy to continue with this dreary conversation with Sungjae any longer. Taking my hand away from his face and chest, I turned back around, pulling the blanket to drape over my shoulder.

"Good night Sungjae."

"Good night Hyung." although I couldn't see him at the moment, I knew he had on a teasing grin on his lips.

"Hey Sungjae, remind me never to ever go inside of a lady's store with you again okay?" I requested with a huffing sigh.

"Ha, like it was my fault we went there." I could feel Sungjae suffling besides me, some parts of his arms and chest brushing agaisnt my back as he settled himself comfortably into my bed.

"Don't blame me," his head partly rested on the top middle section of my sholder blade and neck, few strays of soft hair lingering on my neck with cool silent breathes, one of his knee pressing diligently agaisn't calf, "blame youself for asking me to be your girlfriend." 

That night, I slept restlessly.

With a warm and slightly hard object laying annoyingly peacfully next to me.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed this update and please comment and subscribe if you like~

 

For those who may have a wattpad account or may be interested, you can check out my new story here: http://www.wattpad.com/30159741-if-gay-was-the-norm

I'm still pretty bloodly horrible at trying to get used to the settings and stuff there ^_^" since I'm so used to how AFF is laid out but I'll get the hang of it soon. But if anyone has an account there and or is familiar with the place, please do help show me the ropes on how things work!