The Next Morning

When Two Paths Cross

Jiyong POV

 

The soft morning call of the birds woke me up. I yawned slowly and stretched my arms leisurely before...I-looked-down….

 

Dara’s little head was snuggled against my chest and her arms were wrapped tightly around my body.

WHAT THE?

 

“YA! GET OFF OF ME!” I yelled. I’ve never exactly been in a situation before where a little girl in bunny pajamas was snuggling with me in front of my house.

 

“Huh?” I heard her little voice ask in confusion. She groggily blinked her heavy eyelids until she looked up at me. “”WHAT?” She yelled.

 

“WHY DON’T YOU FIGURE OUT YOURSELF!” I yelled.

 

She looked around and then slowly looked down at her arms. Her eyes widened in shock and her cheeks flushed again a red.

 

“Mian-mian-he…” She stuttered. I could tell she was embarrassed so I tried to lighten to mood

.

“Now, I understand you can’t get enough of my wonderfulness, but I still need my space.” I smirked.

 

“YA!” She hit my shoulder.

 

I chuckled a bit then we both sat in silence.

 

“You can let go of me now.” I said noticing that her arms were still around me.

 

“But I’m cold.” She meekly responded.

 

“Sure…’cold’...”

 

“YA! Shut up!” She yelled and immediately let go of me. She shivered as the wind blew lightly through her brown hair.

 

“Ya...If you want, you can come in for a drink before you leave.”

 

“You found your keys?”

 

I searched my pockets and realized I didn’t have them...Dang it!

Where could I have put them…?

*Think Jiyong think*

THE BUSH!~

I nodded slightly and then climbed over the bush I hid in last night. I scooped up the silver keys and then let Dara into my house.

 

“YA! TURN ON THE HEATER!” Dara yelled in annoyance as she continued to shiver in my house.

 

I obeyed the demanding bunny and told her to wait in my kitchen. Why are women so bossy?...AISHT!

 

Dara POV

 

I shuffled my feet to Jiyong’s kitchen as he directed me to sit on a little red barstool. I quietly examined his place, it was pretty empty and unused for the most part. Everything was in the place where you’d expect it to be- it was tidier than Bom and I’s place. Everything followed a very simplistic and modern theme and the table only had one set of dishes on it.

 

“Like my place?” Jiyong asked as he walked in.

 

“It’s alright…” I lied. It was more than alright...IT WAS AWESOME>>> I wish Bommie and I’s place was this clean and pretty...but you know….too...much….work…

 

He chuckled before handing me a cup of hot coffee.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“No problem, I couldn’t  just leave a little bunny to freeze.”

 

“Bunny? Who are YOU calling bunny?” I asked a little offended. DO I look like a bunny? Omo...A BOY thought I resembled a bunny!...Aigoo….is it because of my front two teeth?...

 

“You’re the bunny! Can I call you Santokki?” He teased.

 

“Santokki?”

 

“Sandara + Tokki = Santokki!”

 

“YA!”  I yelled at him while swatting at his back. “Don’t make fun of me!”

 

“Fine, fine...Santokki.”

 

I shot him a menacing glare.

 

“So...you hungry?” He asked casually.

 

I wore a wide smile before shouting…”PANCAKES! PANCAKES! PANCAKES!”

 

He carried out all the ingredients from his pantry and then set them on the kitchen counter before sitting down on the stool next to me.

 

“Pancakes!” I yelled in delight as I pointed to the ingredients and then looked at him.

 

“What about pancakes?”

 

“Make them now!!! I’m hungry!”

 

“Aisht! You thought I was going to make the pancakes?” he asked in disbelief.

 

“Who else?” I innocently replied.

 

Within an instant, his hands were on my shoulders and he pushed me to the stove with the heating pan.

 

“PALLI! MAKE PANCAKES! HANDSOME JIYONGIE IS HUNGRY!!!” He whined in a full aegyo mode.

 

“No.” I firmly said...until I looked at his little face...HE WAS POUTING! HE LOOKED LIKE A LITTLE KID! Who could say no to that?

 

“Fine…” I started mixing the ingredients and poured the batter on the buttered pan.

 

Jiyong POV

 

It took her about ten minutes to finish making the pancakes. I quietly watched her every move from the kitchen table. She sorted her pancakes on two plates, one plate full of the good ones….and one plate full of the rock hard burnt ones.

She neatly arranged a few of the good ones on a plate and topped it with a little strawberry.

 

“Here you go!” She smiled as she proudly set them in front of me.

 

“Took you long enough…” I replied in a muffled voice as I stuffed one in my mouth.

 

“How is it?” She asked expectantly with wide eyes.

 

I coughed a bit. “GOOD! REALLY FOOD!”

 

“Chincha?” She asked in delight.

 

...There actually were..HORRIBLE. They tasted like … Despite their golden brown fluffy appearance...they tasted like bland flour and lumpy sugar.

 

“They’re delicious!” I lied as I struggled to keep the pancake down

 

“Then I should try one too!!!” She giggled.

 

Before she could reach over to grab a pancaked I flicked her arm away.

 

“MY PANCAKES!” I didn’t want her to feel bad about working hard for something so gross tasting…

 

“Aw.” She pouted cutely. “Greedy pig.”

 

“What did you say Santokki?” I teased.

 

She scowled at me.

When I finished my pancakes I handed her the strawberry. “Here, you can have it.”

 

I saw her eyes light up in delight. “THANK YOU!!!”

I watched her devour the strawberry in delight~so cute…

 

My heart beated a little oddly as I watched her giggle in happiness…

What is this uncomfortable feeling…

 

I cleared my throat. “You ready to leave?”

 

“Oh...I guess.” She said simply… but I could have sworn I heard a tinge of disappointment.

 

Dara POV

Jiyong led me to his front door. He turned to me before I left.

 

“I’ll call you sometime or something...now that we’re friends.” He said while avoiding my eyes.

 

“Okay.” I bowed politely and then skipped to my truck.

As I buckled my seatbelt and started the car, I thought about Jiyong.

Although every moment around him was full of irritation and anger, I couldn’t help but feel kind of happy and content that I got to spend some time with him.