Ch. 2

Worth It

Liked, with a big 'D'

 

"Taemin, you said that Jinki was in State before. Why did he move here?"

 

Taemin looked from the magazine on his laps. They were in biology class now and if there was one subject that he hated the most, Lee Taemin wouldn't hesitate to say biology.

 

"Yup... He came back two years ago. Umm... Actually we were childhood friends. Me, Jinki hyung, Key hyung, Minho hyung and Jonghyun hyung were."

 

"So Jinki hyung had been in State for a long time?"

 

"Nooope. He went there when we were in junior high school."

 

Kai frowned at this.

 

"Jongin ah, remember two days ago when I said that Jonghyun hyung likes Jinki hyung and he liked Jonghyun hyung?"

 

Jongin nodded hesitantly.

 

"Well, things happened back then."

 

"It's 'liked, right? Liked with a big 'D' behind?"

 

It was Taemin's turn to frowned.

 

"Well, according to the language book, you are not supposed to write another big letter. It's supposed to be all small letters except if you write it in the front sentence. But still!!! The last letter of the word need to be written in a small letter!!!"

 

Jongin looked at Taemin in disbelieve.

 

"Ooookay, language matter aside, Jinki liked Jonghyun, right? Liked, not likes?"

 

"Yups... Liked, in a past tense."

 

"What kind of things that happen?"

 

"What things?"

 

Jongin patted his own chest, breathed in, breathed out, and tried to calm himself. The longer he talked to Taemin, the more his headache grew.

 

"Things. You said things happened. That was why Jinki was leaving to State."

 

Taemin's mouth formed a big 'O' as he nodded.

 

"Long story short, Jinki hyung was deeply in love with Jonghyun hyung, while Jonghyun hyung was blinded by love to Sekyung shii. Jinki hyung took the first opportunity to mend his broken heart and went away as uncle Lee got promoted and had to be transferred to his company branch in State."

 

"Wow, that was short. I expect the story to be long."

 

Taemin shrugged and looked down to his magazine while Jongin tried hard to consume all of the information.

 

"But you said that Jonghyun likes Jinki."

 

"Yeaaah... A year Jinki hyung went, Jonghyun hyung just realized that he loved Jinki hyung and broke up with Sekyung shii. But it was kind of too late, I think. Well, They had always been like a twins, attached by the hips to anywhere they went."

 

"Have Jonghyun ever confessed to Jinki?"

 

"Twice. Once right after Jinki hyung came back here, after that when Jonghyun hyung had his 18'th birthday wich was last month."

 

"Then what did Jinki say about it?"

 

Taemin looked up once again from his magazine with annoyed look.

 

"Jongin ah, I'm trying to reading heeeere. You sound like a police interrogating a suspect. And it's Jinki hyung and Jonghyun hyung for you."

 

"Aaaaaaaww, come one, Taemiin. I'll buy you banana milk later."

 

"Deal!!!"

 

Taemin smiled so big Jongin afraid he would rip his face apart.

 

"So? What did Jinki say about Jonghyun's confession? Does Jonghyun know that Jinki liked him?"

 

"He knows. The first confession Jinki hyung said that he couldn't accept Jonghyun hyung. The second one, Jinki hyung just told Jonghyun hyung that he once had liked him and now he felt out of love."

 

"Wow, that sounded so cold."

 

"It is, right!!! I kinda pity Jonghyun hyung at that time. But then again, it's not Jinki hyung's fault if he fell out of love of Jonghyun hyung."

 

Jongin's confrontation

 

Jinki sighed annoyedly as he felt someone sat beside him. The reason why he went to rooftop was to have a peaceful time. He loved his friend, but sometimes they were too loud for his own liking and he kinda missed his freedom when he was in State, when people just minded their own business. He recognized the familiar smell of perfume that lately been around him so much. He started to accustomed by it actually. There was this calming feeling everytime he sniffed the smell.

 

"What's your perfume? I like the smell."

 

Jongin was surprised to hear Jinki initiated the conversation with him.

 

"It's marks & spencer. Collezione eau de toilette."

 

Jinki hummed at Jongin's answer. There was one disturbing thing that invaded Jinki's mind about how comfortable he felt with Jongin's presence there. And it was not usual for him to tolerate people's presence when he went to rooftop,even it was his friends.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"Taemin said that you'd be here."

 

"Don't you have any other people to be with?"

 

"There are some. But I want to be with you."

 

Jinki didn't answer this time. He just kept still on his spot, laying down on the floor behind the shade of the storage room.

 

"You still don't believe me?"

 

"Sorry, but I don't."

 

Jinki's voice was so calm, and Jongin couldn't help but fell for the man beside him more.

 

"I don't play game of love, Jinki. When I say I like some one, I do like him. And when I say I fell for you, I did, and I still fall for you."

 

Jinki opened his eyes and looked so far to the cloud.

 

"People fall in and out of love so easily. Knowing how loose Taemin's mouth is, you already know about Jonghyun and I."

 

"Yeah... I'm curious though. Do you really not like him anymore?"

 

Jinki looked at Jongin.

 

"There was a reason why I agreed to come to State with my parents. And I think I fulfilled that reason."

 

Jongin nodded his head before he frowned.

 

"But didn't you feel a little moved by Jonghyun's feeling towards you now?"

 

"I might be moved. Just a little though. I had moved on far too long time to fall back in love to him."

 

There was a comforting silence between them. Well, until Jongin broke the silence.

 

"I'm being serious though. That I fell for you the first time I saw you."

 

"People fall in and out of love so easily."

 

"I heard you the first time."

 

"Then how long will you still fall for me?"

 

Jongin faced Jinki when he answered the question.

 

"I am still in love with you. And planning to be in love with you forever."

 

Jinki chuckled as he heard Jongin's answer and despite of his bubly heart as he heard Jinki's laugh, he frowned.

 

"Why are you laughing?"

 

"Forever is a long time, Jongin."

 

"Then I'll find a word that define longer time than forever."

 

Jongin said persistently. He pouted hearing Jinki was laughing at him.

 

"People don't live forever. Don't be ridiculous."

 

"Oh, I know!!! I'll love you as long as I exist!!!"

 

Jinki sat up and looked at Jongin interestedly, while the new student looked so satisfied with his words.

 

"... So who are you before you met me?"

 

"I'm just Jongin."

 

"... What about now?"

 

"I am Jongin who love Jinki as his world."

 

Jinki looked at Jongin as if he just grew another head on his body.

 

"Do you know how cheesy your words sounded, don't you?"

 

"I don't know, I don't care. And my words sound pretty cool for me."

 

Jongin dashed a blinding smile towards Jinki. And Jinki felt how his heart beat a little faster seeing it.

 

Over protective Minho

 

"So you are the famous Kim Jongin."

 

Jongin looked up as he erased his sweaty neck. He just finished practicing some new moves with his dance club. His eyebrows raised seeing the tall handsome person who stood before him who he recognized as one of Jinki's friends.

 

"Taemin and Key should be around."

 

"Yeah I know. I always want to talk to you, though."

 

"No one's stopping you."

 

Minho nodded his head and looked up as he heard someone called his name. It was Taemin who called, and Key leasurely walked beside him.

 

"Just want to say you better watch it if you ever dare to hurt Jinki, even breaking a piece of Jinki's hair, it's not your heart that will be broken. It's your neck."

 

It was an irony when Minho said his threat with a cold tone, his face was still adored by a smile that managed to still many girls hearts in their school. Taemin and Key came a second to late to hear it. And when they arrived, Minho as if changed into a different person with a warm voice. And Jongin noted to himself to never piss one Choi Minho. Ever.

 

Sad love song

 

Jonghyun was strumming his guitar when the studio was opened. He averted his eyes from the string and tried to find out who was it. There was supposed to be no one in there, as he especially booked the room for himself and club activity wouldn't start for two more hours.

 

"Ups, wrong room."

 

Jonghyun's facial expression became so stiff after he found out h\who it was.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

Jongin scratched his head awkwardly as he found out that the person who talked to him was Kim Jonghyun, Jinki's bestfriend and someone who had a feeling for Jinki.

 

"Sorry. I'm looking for Kyungsoo. Is this music room?"

 

"The room is across this room."

 

Jonghyun looked back down and continued his activity. But Jongin didn't walk out of the room. He stood on his spot, hand still on the knob of the door, but his ears were wide open. He was listening to the music that was playing on the room. He never heard the song before. A beautiful song he might say, but so sad. And he could recognize Jonghyun's voice as the singer.

 

"Why are you still here?"

 

"Is this... Is this song about Jinki?"

 

"None of your business. Now, if you may? Please get out now. You are disturbing me."

 

Jongin stepped back and closed the gap but didn't close the door completely as he caught Jonghyun was moving toward the microphone. And as Jonghyun sang, he gulped. He had a very beautiful voice, and he sang the song that had been played before.

 

"Beautiful is't he?"

 

Jongin shrieked on his spot but quickly recovered from his surprised. Thanked God Jonghyun didn't even recognise the commotion that happened just out side the door.

 

"Key!!! You surprised me!!!"

 

Key just grinned at Jongin's word before saying.

 

"The title is Selene 6.23. He wrote the lyric."

 

"Selene 6.23?"

 

"Yeah. Selene, it's a greek name for the goddess of the moon."

 

Jongin nodded his head understandingly.

 

"It's Jonghyun's metaphor for Jinki and that was the date when he first confessed to him."

 

Jongin looked so deep in thought before he asked.

 

"Do you have a copy of this song?"

 

Jongin looked at Key hopefully. He didn't know why but he wanted to heard it. He always appreciated a good art. And Jongin thought that the song was a very good one, he could dance to it.

 

"Sure. I'll send it to you now."

 

Later that day, when Jongin arrived at the rooftop, he heard Jiknki was playing Jonghyun's song on his phone. He immediately sat beside Jinki, who once again laying on the floor and was ready to fall asleep.

 

"You are here again."

 

Jinki didn't need to open his eyes, he already recognised Jongin's perfume.

 

"You didn't say I couldn't."

 

It took another ten minutes before Jongin talked again.

 

"It's Jonghyun's song."

 

Jongin's sentence was more to a statement than a question and Jinki didn't find the need to answer it.

 

"And this song is about you."

 

Jinki sighed hearing Jongin's last sentence.

 

"I really felt sorry for Jonghyun. After hearing this song, all I wanted to do was to fall back in love with him. But however hard I tried, I couldn't."

 

Jinki's voice sounded so sad and Jongin hated it.

 

"Can I ask something from you?"

 

Jinki turned his head and facing Jongin.

 

"If listening to this song makes your heart move, could you stop listening to it?"

 

Jinki smiled at Jongin's request.

 

"You are being selfish. I don't want to stop listening to this song. I need to be reminded that there is someone who is hurt by me."

 

Jongin sighed befor laying down right next to Jinki.

 

"Is that why you reject me? Because you feel guilty?"

 

"I didn't reject you. I didn't say anything about it."

 

"But you didn't accept it too."

 

Jinki didn't say anything. He just closed his eyes and kept listening to the music as a new song was played.

 

"I envy Jonghyun. If I know you like someone with a beautiful voice rather than a dancer  I would learn to sing."

 

"I never see you dance."

 

"I'm sure you've seen Taemin and Key dance. But you never fall for them."

 

"You need to stop making conclusion so fast, Jongin ah."

 

"How about this? Come see me at this dance competition. I would go by name 'Kai'. Be there and see me, and I will make you fall for me."

 

"Kai? Are you ashamed by your name to not using it?"

 

"NO WAY!!! I love my name!!! I just like this cartoon character named Kai and yeah... That has become my stage name since along time ago."

 

Jinki snickered at Jongin's explanation before his face became serious.

 

"Just do me a favor please. I don't know why I say this but, please don't dance on Jonghyun's song. It will be unfair for him."

 

Jongin was surprised at Jinki's request because actually he did plan to dance to that song. But Jongin understood what Jinki tried to say.

 

"Don't worry. I won't."

 

They fell back into a comfortable silence once again as they enjoyed the wind there. What they missed was Jonghyun's figure who had been standing behind the other side of storage room and listened to their conversation. His face was broken, so defeated, yet he didn't cry. The only thought that swam inside his head was how comfortable Jinki was to be there beside the new student while it had taken him a long time before he had first sat beside Jinki.

 

"It seems that you don't realize that you already open your heart for him, Jinki.."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N:

 

New chapter!!! Hell yeah I'm awesome!!! *justignoreme

 

Anyway, don't need to pay attention to some details in this chapter such as the meaning of Selene 6.23 and Kai. I just put it that way to suit the story.

 

And do you know how I really love Taemin, Key and Minho characters here? I know that Minho is so rare to show up but he will have his role on the next chapter.

 

This chapter is dedicated for they who love some angsts. Hope you all like it...

 

 

 

 

ONEW FTW!!! XD