Ch. 1

Worth It

Love at the First Sight

 

Today was just another day for Jinki, or so he thought. He walked into the class, to his usual chair, the one near the window  and sat down, not before placing his bag on the desk. Silently he thanked God that he didn't have a seatmate so he didn't need to worry for disturbing his seatmate with his antics. After finding the most comfortable position, he crossed his arms on the desk and immediately placed his head on top of it, ready to continue his disturbed sleep this morning. It didn't take too long for him to fall into the dreamland despite the noisy people in the classroom.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Hyung.. Wake up!! Hyung!!"

 

Jinki grunted in annoyance as his sleep was disturbed as someone was furiously shaking his hand.

 

"What, Taem?"

 

Jinki didn't even open his eye fully to know who was the culprit behind his disturbed sleep. He knew it by heart that it was a year younger student who sat in front of him, Lee Taemin.

 

"Hyung!! Seongsaengnim is here. Wake up now!!!"

 

Once again, Jinki grunted but he straightened his back nonetheles. Still couldn't keep his eyes open, he sustained his lulled head with his left arm.

 

"Good morning all. You'll get a new friend today. I hope you all will get along fine."

 

There is a young fine man, walking into the classroom, completed with his charisma and his handsomeness. The girls immediately went frenzy, while the boys just grunted for another competitor. Jinki tried to open his eyes larger, trying to get a good look at the new student as his curiosity got him.

 

"Hmm.. Not bad..."

 

"Hyung, are you awake now?"

 

Jinki smiled at Taemin who now twisted his body to face him. He ruffled Taemin's hair as he thanked him for waking him up.

 

"Gomawo dongsaengie..."

 

"Aish hyuuung... Don't mess with my hair!!! Key umma will think that I play around if he see the state of my hair later."

 

Jinki just chuckled as he heard Taemin's words. A small cough broke the playfulness air between them and caused them to look up to the source of it only to find the new student was standing beside the empty seat beside Jinki. Jinki frowned at this.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

The new kid was slightly offended by Jinki spontaneity but he managed to control his expression and smiled at Jinki. Taemin, who heard his hyung's words just palmed his face. It seemed that Jinki wasn't fully awake yet, as he was usually went all annoyed at everything when he was sleepy.

 

"Seongsaengnim said that I can take any empty seat. I guess it means that we will be seatmates."

 

The new student smiled wider at Jinki, as if that his smile would solve everything. Jinki's frown went deeper.

 

"There are other two empty seats here. You can take any of those."

 

"Hyung!!! Don't be rude!!! Hei... You can sit here. Just ignore Jin ki hyung, okay. He is not the best person when he is sleepy."

 

The new student just smiled at Taemin as Jinki just rolled his eyes and looked away.

 

"Hey, I'm Taemin and I'm 17. I really am 17 years old so don't ever bother to ask whether my age is real, I just look young okay. I'm telling you this to save you trouble for questioning me later and because I'm tired of bringing my birth certificate to school just to show you. And he is Jinki hyung. Just, try to not talk to him now, okay. He is not a morning person. Anyway, what's your name? Sorry I didn't listen to your intro. I was busy waking up someone behind me."

 

Taemin's sarcastic tone wnet from Jinki's left ear to his right and passed without making any reaction. The new boy just chuckled at the enthusiastic rambling boy in front of him.

 

"I'm Jongin. Kim Jongin and I'm 17. Nice to meet you, Taemin, Jinki."

 

"Oh!!! It's Jinki hyung for you too!!! He is 19 by the way. He was in State before..."

 

"Taem, hush... You're being too loud. I'm trying to sleep here."

 

Taemin looked at Jinki in disbelieve as Jinki once again put his head on the table, ready to fall asleep once again, while Jongin openly stared at the boy beside him. To be honest, there was a reason why he chose to sat there. It was cliche actually. The reason was none other than love at first sight. Call him old fashion or anything, but the sight of Jinki with his tousled hair, cute nose, and equally cute eyes captivated him. And once a Kim wanted something, they got it, however selfish that was sounded.

 

Someone as Bold as Kim Jongin

 

Jinki looked at Jongin blankly as the new student took a seat in front of him. That stare was returned with a blooming sile on Jongin face as if it was the most natural thing to sit in front of Jinki.

 

"Why are you sitting there?"

 

"I can't sit here?"

 

Jinki bit his lower lips as he thought of an appropriate answer. The more he thought, the more Jinki got blank as he couldn't find one reason why the new student couldn't sit there. It wasn't like the table was his. The only matter was that he usually sat with his friends, but Jinki thought they wouldn't mind remembering how easily excited his friend were about new things. It was a free period after all and everyone was free to use the table in school's yard. Jinki was so lost his thought and missed the stare Jongin gave him the whole time. As Jinki finished thinking, he just shrugged before answering.

 

"Well, I don't make the rule. But My friend will be here soon and you can ask them if you can sit here or not."

 

"What about you? Is it okay for me to sit here?"

 

"As I said before, I don't make the rule and I don't reall care. As long as you don't disturb then it's okay.."

 

Jongin nodded in satisfaction after hearing Jinki's answer. And Jinki, once again continued his previous activities, which was furiously writing his homework for later's subject, giving Jongin more opportunity to observe his newly profound interest in front of him.

 

Ten minutes passed when a funky blond boy and Taemin arrived at their table. Taemin just waved at Jongin while the blond guy looked at the new student interestedly.

 

"Key hyung, this is Jongin, the new student that I told you before!!! He said that he likes dancing!!! Maybe we can make a performance together later!!!"

 

The blond boy just nodded before excitedly stretched his hand forward. Jongin immediately shook his hand as he didn't want to be seen as an arrogant person by his potential new friends.

 

"Annyeong haseo. Cheoneun Kim Jong-in imnida."

 

"Oh annyeong. I'm Key. Kim Kibum, but just call me Key."

 

After five minutes talking with the new kid, Key found that Jongin was a very interesting person, as he managed to catch Jongin stealing some glances on the oldest boy, who was still furiously writing on his paper and being so oblivious to his surround. Jinki even didn't say a word to Key and Taemin. He just looked up, nodded his head, then head back down to continue his work.Key really couldn't wait fo Minho and Jonghyun to be here. There would be war!!! While Minho was a very protective person especially toward the eldest, Key knew that Jonghyun had that special feeling to Jinki. Add Jongin here and this would be an interesting view and Key really felt so giddy waiting to see how Minho's and Jonghyun's reaction would be.

 

"So, Jongin, Taemin said that you picked the chair next to Jinki in the class. And now you are here sitting with us. Care to share why?"

 

Key smirked seeing how Jongin was surprised by the sudden question. Taemin even put down his banana milk and eagerly waited to the answer while Jinki just seemed to be so busy in his little world. Jongin looked at Taemin and Key, contemplating whether to tell them the truth or not. With a last glance at Jinki, he braved himself.

 

"Someone caught my attention. The least I could do was sitting beside him, right?"

 

Catching Jongin's words, Jinki frowned. Maybe he looked so busy with his paper, but it didn't mean that he didn't follow the conversation.

 

"What do you mean by that?"

 

Jinki looked up at Jongin as he gave the new student a questioning look. Jinki might be dense, but he still got a good sight. And according his sight, Jongin was a very attractive person. And for someone as attractive as Jongin was not suppose to be interested with someone so plain as him.

 

"I like you. The first time I saw you there in class, I fell for you."

 

Taemin and Key squealed as they heard Jongin straight forward answer. They didn't think that Jongin would answer so boldly like that. Taemin had seen how Jongin's stare at Jinki, but he didn't see this coming. But as Taemin caught a sight of Jonghyun and Minho who stood behind Jinki and Key, his eyes got bigger.

 

"Who the hell are you and what the hell did you just say about Jinki?!"

 

Ignorant Jinki

 

Jongin looked at Jinki interestedly as the older boy was snoozing off. His head was leaned on the wall beside him, his eyes completely closed, and Jongin had to stop himself for leaning in and closed the gap between Jinki's lips and his.

 

"Stop looking at me like that, please. It bothers me. I can't sleep."

 

Jongin raised his eyebrow. It seemed that Jinki was still awake.

 

"Why didn't you say anything about my confession?"

 

Jinki let out a long sigh before opening his eyes. Jongin had to hold his breath at that, as the effect of seeing Jinki's warm eyes always made his heart so full.

 

"You were being funny. Or maybe you were bored and just joked around. I don't have to respond anything like that."

 

"I'm serious."

 

"I don't believe you."

 

Jinki put his head down on the table and closed his eyes. Jongin frowned at this.

 

"Why? Why don't you believe you?"

 

"Someone like you doesn't like someone like me."

 

Jinki pulled his sweater out off his bag and covered his head with it as if if he did that he would be invisible and the teacher wouldn't see him sleeping.

 

Taemin, who heard everything, looked back to see the scene. He could see how Jongin trying to bore a hole through the sweater so he could find Jinki's eyes. Taemin immediately slipped a note he had kept on his table toward Jongin.

 

Did you mean what you say?

 

"I do mean every single word that I say. I don't talk bull."

 

Jongin didn't find the need to write down his answer. He purposely talked loud so the sleeping boy heard his answer too. Jinki grunted in annoyance as Jongin's answer disturbing him. All he wanted to do was sleep, and here was him, the new boy, a very handsome, a too fine boy had confessed to him. Jinki wanted to live normal life, finishing highschool without any slip, having a normal girlfriend, or maybe a normal boyfriend. He wanted what he thought he deserved. And as he thought as a common boy he needed a common life too. He didn't need something so big as Jongin to enter his life.

 

"Boys like you shouldn't like someone like me."

 

Jinki woke up from his seat and excused himself from the class for bathroom break. Jongin just wanted to follow him, but stopped by a hand on his arm.

 

"Do you really like Jinki hyung?"

 

"Taemin, is it really hard for you all to believe my words? What is wrong with him by the way? What is it on him to not like?"

 

Taemin looked at Jongin reluctantly. He took a look at the teacher who seemed so oblivious about his students, before whispering to Jongin.

 

"It's not that I didn't believe you. It's Jinki hyung. So long as I've known him, he never sees himself as special. He always see himself as someone who will easily blend in the middle of people because he doesn't have anything stand out. I think that's why hyung thought you were lying."

 

Jongin looked at Taemin in disbelieve.

 

"He is beautiful!!!"

 

"Shhhh!!! Yaah!! Do you want the whole students to hear!!!"

 

Taemin hissed at Jongin, which caused the new kid to pout.

 

"I don't mind if they hear it."

 

"You do like him, huh?"

 

Jongin looked at Taemin's eyes with a serious expression.

 

"I can't choose to whom I will fall, Taemin. And when I felt my heart beat so hard after seeing him, I couldn't help but reacted on it."

 

Taemin smiled understandingly, before he frowned again.

 

"Jonghyun hyung will be pissed."

 

Jongin raised his eyebrow.

 

"Who?"

 

"You know, the one who screamed at you after your confession. He is Jonghyun hyung. You should be thankful. The bell saved you from the wrath of Kim Jonghyun."

 

Jongin formed an O with his mouth as he nodded his head.

 

"And just to keep you updated, Jonghyun hyung likes Jinki hyung too."

 

Jongin froze on his spot.

 

"What?"

 

Taemin bit his lower lips before continuing.

 

"And I thinki you need to know that, Jinki hyung liked him too."

 

Hearing Taemin's last words, Jongin body turned so stiff and he could feel his heart clinched so tight on his chest.

 

 

A/N:

 

Hey hooooo....

 

So.. As per 00.00 at 07 September, I closed the polling. And after that polling, I updated my story just I promised!! Yay me...

 

Pooling result:

 

Choi Minho = 30

Kim Jonghyun = 34

Kim Jongin = 44

Other = 3 points

 

Which means, Kim Jongin is our winner.. Woohoooooo... But as the second place our Jonghyun will be given an important role too.. Aren’t I kind? *patmyownshoulder

 

Hope you like this chapter. This story will only contain 3 chapters, 4 if I feel want to. Show some support, alright.. You can always say whatever you think about this story and share it with me.

 

See you in the next chapter..

 

Onew FTW!!! XD