Super Sunny [oneshot]

Super Sunny [oneshot]

“Let go of my hand”

 

“No”

 

“You have no right to touch me”

 

“Why?”

 

The girl spun around and looked straight at the one she loved with teary eyes.

 

“You broke my heart.”


The grip loosened.


“I didn’t mean to…”

 

“But you did”

 

With one last look at her first love, Sunny walked away finally letting the tears fall down her face.

 

It wasn’t always like this

 

………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

Sunny and Sungmin was the aegyo couple. They were the envy of many. Wherever they went people couldn’t help but notice the aegyo power of their love.


They were in love - well that’s what she thought anyways.


Unable to walk any further Sunny sat down on a nearby park bench and began to cry her heart out. Finally the tears began to subside and Sunny looked up towards the sky.

This is it. 

This is the park where it all began.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Sungmin asked.


She widened her eyes. She was shocked and completely speechless, all could she do was just nod her head vigorously.


Sungmin, taking that as an obvious agreement, hugged her and lifted her head and planted a soft and sweet kiss on her lips.

They then looked into each other’s eyes and were completely absorbed in their own little world.

 

“Shall we go?” Sungmin whispered, completely filled with happiness and scared that any sudden sound would wake him up from this perfect dream. Even Sunny could not bear to break the sweet silence - she just nodded.

The afternoon was spent with the two of them looking at each other, walking around the park and just enjoying each other’s company.

 

That afternoon was a dream….and just like a dream, it wasn’t real. Sunny thought

 

Picking herself up off the bench Sunny began to walk the same steps that she and Sungmin had walked everyday together hand in hand. The warmth from his fingertips when they held hands still lingered in Sunny’s heart.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………….

Flashback

It had been a week since they went out and both could not stand being apart from each other.

 

“Minnie! Saranghae!” Sunny said smiling from ear to ear.

 

Sungmin hugged her tightly from the back and said “Me too Sunny Bunny.” Both were so happy and in love…

 

Or so she thought

 

Weeks after the confession Sunny and Sungmin began to drift apart. Sungmin was always making excuses when they decided to meet up. At that time Sunny thought it was because he was too busy - she never thought he was capable of doing something far worse than breaking his promise.

 

“Where are you? I’ve been waiting for hours?!” said Sunny leaving a message on voice mail for the umpteenth time. It was their 6 months anniversary and he had promised her that he would be there. The sides of her cheek was sore from her signature anger habit. It was 2 and she was cold and had skipped lunch to wait for him. Unable to stand the hunger, Sunny decided to walk into a nearby cafe so that she could at least get a quick bite to eat.

 

Walking into the warm and cozy café Sunny recognized a black, stylish head of hair. She would know the back of his head anywhere. The sight of him made Sunny forget any anger and any questions regarding why Sungmin was here rather than meeting up her. She was about to huggle attack him and congratulate him for the 6 months they had been together. However she stopped in her tracks.

 

Suddenly, the one she loved began to kiss another girl. It was heated and passionate, Sunny would have sworn she had seen some tongue action. Sunny wanted to run away but she didn’t because she was strong. It hurt her deep inside, but she wasn't going to run away. She waited to see who it was. Every second seemed like years and it felt like her heart was crumbling away, piece by piece. It was shattering but she had to wait. She had to confront them now or else she knew she would not have the courage or the evidence of his betrayal.

 

They were finally done. As they moved back to their seats Sunny caught a glimpse of the girl’s face. It was Sooyoung… It was much more worst than she had expected. She and Sooyoung had been friends for years and Sooyoung even knew how much Sunny loved Sungmin. She had trusted Sooyoung; wait, no she had trusted both of them.

 

“I feel bad for Sunny” Sooyoung began.

 

“I know honey, but I love you.” Sungmin replied.

 

“Me too, I just… I don’t know… I love you too. But I think you and Sunny should break up. You can’t keep lying to her.” Sooyoung said looking straight at Sunny’s first love.

 

“I’m not the only one, you know. But I guess we have to tell her.” Sungmin stated.

 

Sooyoung said slightly annoyed “You do it, unless you still love her”

 

Sungmin replied without any hesitation “Of course I don’t. I only have you in my heart.”

 

Sunny, hearing the whole conversation was close to tears but she wouldn’t let them go… not yet.

 

She walked out of the shop and took out her phone and began dialling a number.

 

“Yoebsaeyo?”

 

“Hey Sooyoung, it’s Sunny!” said Sunny trying her best to sound like her normal cheerful self even though she was breaking inside.

 

“H-Hey Sunny, what’s up?” Sooyoung replied hesitantly. Rustling noises could be heard over the phone. Sunny looked at the cafe window and saw her love and friend began to moving around nervously.

 

“Nothing much, I was just wondering where you were ‘cause it seemed like Minnie forgot about our 6th month anniversary plans.”

 

“Oh, I’m at home right now, do you want to meet up?”

 

“Yeah, let’s meet up at “Aegyo cage” ‘because I’m just at the door.”

 

“NO! I mean ummm sure, I’ll meet you at “Aegyo Café” then. It might take a---”

 

At that moment Sunny knocked on the window and both Sooyoung and Sungmin looked.

 

A sudden sound from their phones made them jump. They both received a text: “I saw you”

 

With one last look at her friend and her love, Sunny turned around, letting the tears to flow. Although she was hurting inside she will not give them the satisfaction of seeing her break down.

 

Walking for a while Sunny let out her emotions. She began to cry over her shattered heart. She was crying to her heart’s content and trying to get rid of the numbing pain in her chest.

 

But she then heard Sungmin’s cry “Sunny! Sunny! Where are you!?”

 

Sunny began to sprint. Sungmin spotted her and ran after her. Once caught up he grabbed onto her hand.


“Let go of my hand”

………………………………………………………………………………………….

 

That happened about an hour ago. The pain in Sunny’s heart had numbed and she had cried all the tears she had. She knew that even if she cried, nothing would ever come out of it. But, She is a strong girl. People even called her 'Super Sunny'. She was hurt, but she knew she could get over her first love. She can do it.

 

The sun was setting, Sunny with her swollen eyes wiped away the remaining tears and threw away the tissues, just as if that simple gesture will allow her to throw away the feelings she had left for Sungmin. It was him that hurt her. So she was going to fight. Fight for her happiness.

 

Like the sun, she was going to shine on her own.