The Gift

The gift

"Don't smirk like that," Mir jokingly says to you while tugging at one of your braids. You can't help but smile. Here you are walking down the streets of Seoul with MIR, hand in hand, a winter breeze playing with his hair.

He flashes you a quick but amazing smile before pulling something out of his jacket pocket and takes you down a secluded alleyway. You stop dead in your tracks. What could be in the box? You try to hid your anticipation, but to no avail.

Before he turns to you, you see him take in a deep, nervous breath. Oh, how you wish to know what is in that box! As he turns you see a blush appear on his flawless face. Your heart skips a beat. "It's not much, but I wanted to give you something for our 100th day together."

You open it to find a string of diamonds laced in silver. It wasn't the proposal ring you were expecting, but it's so expensive and special that it makes you just as happy.  "Oh Mir!" you exclaim in delight, "This is so beautiful!"

You look down at the handcrafted piece of wearable art and begin to admire its beauty when Mir pulls up your chin. You look into his large, brown eyes that pour into your own. He gently kisses your forehead and takes the necklace in his gloved hands to put it around your neck. It's cold as the silver touches your collarbone, but all you can feel is the warmth from your heart.

Once he clasps it into place he hugs you from behind. A shiver of pleasure runs down your spine. He smells your hairs and hugs you tighter. 

Suddenly you feel a tingling sensation around your neck. You look down to see that the area around the necklace is red and irritated. You try to move your hand to touch the necklace, but it remains limp at your side. Your legs can't be commanded to run either. As you try to break from Mir's grip he whispers into your ear, "My love, I think this is the end for you. The necklace wasn't only laced with silver, it was also laced with a poison that numbs and kills you."

"Wh-why?" you manage to choke out.

"I've grown tired of you," he says carelessly. "Plus I've always wanted to play the part of a grieving lover. You see it would make the fans feel more passionately for me. Goodbye my lover. I'll always remember these 100 days with you."