I'm sorry

The Hitman [2Min Oneshot]

I closed my eyes and slowly pulled the trigger.

----

I buried my face in my pillow and sighed. Turning around, I placed the gun in the drawer and took a glimpse at the picture of me and Taemin. I had given him a piggy back ride that day and we decided to take a selca together. A smiled formed on my face remembering that day.

~Flashback~

"Minho hyung! My feet are hurting! Can we please stop for a moment?" He sat on a rock and took out a bottle of water. 

"Taemin-ah~ The group is going to leave us! You shouldn't have said yes to go on this hike with us then."

"I didn't want to.. You begged me~ and I can't really say no to you." Minho smiled at the other. Taemin had put the water back in his backpack and was now standing, fanning himself with his hand. 

"If you want, I could give you a piggy back ride Taeminnie~"

Taemin's eyes immediately brightened and a smile formed on his face. "Would you really do that for me hyung?"

Minho nodded and Taemin jumped on the other's back. "I'm not too heavy for you right?"

"Haha, no~" 

Taemin rested his head on Minho's shoulder. "Just relax Taeminnie~"

~End of Flashback~

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom. How did this all happen? and why me?

Sometimes, I wish I hadn't met Taemin. Sometimes, I wish I hadn't fallen in love with him. None of this would be happening. 

I the water putting it to a warm setting. The cool water splashed my face and I looked at myself in the mirror. I clearly remember how this all happened and why I couldn't back away from it. 

~Flashback~

Minho sat in the chair of Mr. Lee's office. The chair across from him wheeled around and he was face to face with Taemin's father.

"What is your name son?"

"C-Choi Minho sir." Minho tried to look calm and make a good impression, but the boy looked nervous and stuttered with his words.

"Choi Minho?"

"Y-y-yes sir." 

"Now tell me, why do you want to be Taemin's boyfriend?"

"I-I really like your son Mr. Lee."

"And tell me, are you trustworthy enough Minho? Loyal enough?"

"Yes sir. I would never hurt Taemin."

"Hmm.." Mr. Lee contemplated Minho's words in his head and stared at the boy. 

Minho was staring at the floor playing with his fingers waiting for Mr. Lee to speak again. 

"You can be Taemin's boyfriend Minho."

Minho slowly looked up at the other. "Really? Thank you Mr. Lee. I promise I will-"

"On one condition."

Minho went silent and looked at the other with a confused face. "Condition?"

"Yes. On the condition that you work for me."

"Work? As in a job?"

"Yes. A very important job. You see Minho I am part of a very successful business."

"What kind of business sir?"

"That is classified." Minho nodded and Mr. Lee continued. "You seem like the perfect man for the job. Tell me, do you know how to work a gun?"

Minho looked up into Mr. Lee's eyes. A gun? Of course Minho knew how to work a gun. His father had taught him.

Minho slowly nodded. "Good."

"W-what does a gun have to do with this job?" Minho grew frightened not wanting to hear the answer.

"Minho, I am hiring you to be a hitman."

"A h-hitman? A person hired to kill people?" Minho stared shocked at the other.

"Yes Minho. My business has customers. And when customers disobey us, we simply... kill them."

Minho gulped. "Same goes for employees and others."

"But.."

"Minho, you can't deny this offer. I have already told you too much and just letting you go with this information would be a great risk to me and my company."

Minho didn't want to accept the offer. "Sir, I won't tell anyone! I promise!"

"Then you can't be Taemin's." Minho remembered this. He didn't know what to do and couldn't believe the words that had come out of his mouth next.

"I'll accept the job sir."

It was the first time Minho saw Mr. Lee smile. "Good. Oh and one more thing. If you ever quit or fail, I will kill your precious Taemin and the next would be you."

Minho looked into Mr. Lee's eyes with his frightened ones. He then looked back down and said in a whisper. "I won't disappoint you sir."

----

Minho exited out of the room and was taken by surprise with Taemin's hug. "Did father agree? Are we officially a couple hyung?"

Minho smiled at the other not wanting Taemin to get upset. "Yep Taeminnie, we are now a couple."

"Yay! Finally I don't have to hide anymore." He rested his head on Minho's shoulder.

"Yeah.." Minho couldn't forget what was spoken in the room.

~End of Flashback~ 

I turned off the sink and dried my face with a towel. 

----

I got into my car and drove to Taemin's house. I had gathered all my things and left a message for my family. 

----

"Minho? What are you doing here? It's late." Taemin rubbed his eyes and let me in. 

"Can I stay here for the night Taeminnie?"

----

I lay next to Taemin on his bed. He was sound asleep as I stared at him. I was sure going to miss him. Tears formed in my eyes as I caressed his face. 

"Please don't forget me.." I kissed his lips softly as tears fell down my cheeks.

I slowly got up from the bed and gathered my things. The letter I had made earlier was on his bed. 

Dear Taemin,

I know you probably expected me next to you on your bed.. but I just couldn't bear it anymore. I'm breaking up with you Taemin. I'm going to be moving very far from here so please don't go looking for me. Just remember that I love you Taemin. I always will, but I have to leave due to other reasons. Promise you won't forget me? I won't forget you. 

Love, Minho

P.S. Tell your dad that I quit.

----

-5 Years Later-

I had just come home from my work at the mall and entered to find my apartment lights on. I grew scared and didn't want to enter. Holding my breath, I slowly turned the doorknob.

There he was.

He looked different from what I remember he looked like 5 years ago.

His brown shoulder length hair was gone and was now replaced with short red hair. He looked more mature and that child-like face he had once, was now gone. He looked up at me and we stared at each other for what seemed like minutes.

He finally spoke and folded up the paper laying it down next to him. "You could've told me."

I stayed silent.

"I would've still liked you for you. You didn't have to leave."

I sat next to him on the bed. "I-I couldn't do the job anymore.. I didn't want to kill people anymore. If I told you, it might put us in danger. It might have put you in danger. I wouldn't have been able to live if something bad happened to you."

He played with his fingers trying not to look at my face.

"He didn't kill you?"

He shook his head no. "How did you find me?"

"Appa searched for you. We found you a year ago but he didn't want to do anything about it until now."

The room fell silent again. He stared down at the floor while I stared at him. 

I was taken by surprise when he hugged me. "I never did forget you Minho hyung. I never did.."

I hugged him back. "When you left, I-I didn't know what to do. I grew mad at you after reading the letter. Then appa told me all about him and his company and how you were a hitman. I then understood why you couldn't tell me..."

He let go of me and looked me in the eyes. "I really, really missed you."

"Why are you here? I was expecting another hitman."

He looked at me with teary eyes. "I'm the new hitman. Appa sent me here because.." He couldn't control his tears as they fell fast down his cheeks. I wiped them away.

"Because what Taeminnie?"

He finished the sentence with a shaky voice. "Because you're my first target."

I couldn't believe what he had said. "Me? He hired you to kill me?"

Taemin nodded and grabbed a hold of me again, sobbing in my shoulder. I could feel his warm tears landing on my uniform.

Before I knew it he was standing before me, a gun placed to my head. 

He looked me in the eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Tell me you love me."

"I love you." He looked to the side and closed his eyes shut as he pulled the trigger.

----

Taemin quickly dropped the gun and held me as the life was slowly leaving from my body. I could hear his cries clearly.

I felt his soft lips on mine and the warm tears falling on my face. He pulled away and held me close, his head on my shoulder.

"I love you." I whispered into his ear as the world went black.